GUILTY MI - Brenna Machus, 20, Romulus, 16 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think iIm the one that derailed but it has been bugging me since yesterday. For the most part it's a moot point unless it would help identify the perp.

The bandaid theory is plausible.

Keep those ideas coming! :)

If it was raining, I think the lady would appear to have wet hair. I'm hoping that LE has a video of him pulling up his hoodie. He must have looked out of place walking around with a jacket on. The lady customer is wearing shorts, sandals (?), and a sleeveless shirt.

Metro Detroit has been under an excessive heat advisory for the past week. Medical experts have encouraged people to stay indoors as much as possible, avoid outdoor activities during the day, stay hydrated, and wear loose-fitting clothing - preferably light colors. My hinky meter would have gone into high alert if I saw someone dressed in dark clothing (black), blue jeans, and a hoodie. If it was raining or had rained, it would have been like a steam bath outdoors!

I only brought up the rain because initial articles mentioned specifically that there was "heavy rain" and thunder that night which might be why none of the nearby shopkeepers saw or heard anything unusual. (http://www.freep.com/article/20130716/NEWS02/307160093/Dearborn-dollar-store-missing-Machus)

Perhaps the woman with dry hair had an umbrella.

In that heat it does seem hinky to be dressed like he was but the fact that the woman leaving the store 10 minutes after he arrived doesn't appear to be distressed and, IMO, that is one of the employees in the shot of her, makes me think there is some possibility that he is not the perpetrator.

I wish we could see all the video!

I only brought up the rain because initial articles mentioned specifically that there was "heavy rain" and thunder that night which might be why none of the nearby shopkeepers saw or heard anything unusual. (http://www.freep.com/article/20130716/NEWS02/307160093/Dearborn-dollar-store-missing-Machus)

Perhaps the woman with dry hair had an umbrella.

In that heat it does seem hinky to be dressed like he was but the fact that the woman leaving the store 10 minutes after he arrived doesn't appear to be distressed and, IMO, that is one of the employees in the shot of her, makes me think there is some possibility that he is not the perpetrator.

I wish we could see all the video!

I'm betting that he never leaves via the front door and that is why LE is calling him the POI.

JMO

I would love to see the video

So I could be way off but based on the couple of times I saw the video, my reaction was that the perp. deliberately raised his hand over some type of sensor/metal detector to avoid alerting of a weapon. It appears as a wave but I interpreted it as him reaching over something - presumably a metal detector.

I'm not sure why he was there but being that poor Brenna was shot second, I would guess he was there specifically for J. RIP.

No signs of robbery or anything - could be drug and/or gang related.

I hope an arrest happens today!

I think iIm the one that derailed but it has been bugging me since yesterday. For the most part it's a moot point unless it would help identify the perp.

The bandaid theory is plausible.

I am wondering if he had Several bandaids....

In the third pic, I zoomed in on it on the computer and does it look to you like he might have several bandaids on his fingers where his fingernails are?
Can you enlarge that third pic, or maybe someone knows how to enlarge it then post it?

Will zoom pic now brb

In the third pic, I zoomed in on it on the computer and does it look to you like he might have several bandaids on his fingers where his fingernails are?
Can you enlarge that third pic, or maybe someone knows how to enlarge it then post it?

Yes, I see it! (Either that or he's got a bright french manicure, lol)

Wants to leave no fingerprints...

<why not wear gloves?>

So, suspect enters at 19:26:53
Lady in Red exits at 19:36:44

Is it me, or does she possibly look hurried or flustered? (Hard to tell in a still shot, you know how funny photos can be sometimes).

Maybe she was hiding (Why didn't she call 911? Did the suspect threaten her? Did she get stunned?)

If she was there, she would have HAD to have seen or heard something, either during or after the fact.

I wonder what the deal is.

I think there is something about her stride that gives me the impression she is moving at more than a normal walking pace. Looking back as opposed to where she is going also gives me that impression. Is anyone familiar with biomechanics or whatever specialty it is that might be able to weigh in on if the positioning of her legs/feet give any indication of whether she was walking at more than a normal walk?

Also, when was the last time LE indicated they are looking for this lady? Is it possible she has come forward or been located since their request for help but simply haven't divulged it? Maybe for her own safety?

Channel 4 is still on the Detroit bankruptcy filing, but I will stay tuned for an update on the Family Dollar Store case.

ETA: I missed some of the report while letting the dog out to pee (DH and I are dog-sitting during the heat wave). Brenna's father was interviewed and said that body was decomposed but was identified with dental records, hair, and tattoos. He mentioned something about "playing with his grandchild"??? Brenna's mother identified her clothing. Both of the female customers have now come forward with information about what was going on in the store.

Decomposition suggests to me that Brenna must have been killed the same night that she was abducted from the store. :moo:

In BettyDavisEyes post, she says that Both the female customers have now come forward, so that answers the questions about the 2 female customers.

The two pics below show his thumb against the black backdrop of his jacket. In both you can see white bandage on his thumb. In the second you can even get a glimpse of the second bandage I believe IMHO is on the backside of his hand around the area of his ring/pinky fingers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374256284.364086.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374256312.192806.jpg

The picture below shows the two white bandages, one on/ near thumb, other near pinky/ring fingers on or near the back/outside of the hand IMO

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374256328.661308.jpg

I've also zoomed and updated the time lapse pictures of the video. There are far too many to add here.

Did you guys see the part where he comes back into the frame second later and grabs a shopping cart?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374256969.338818.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374256991.120902.jpg

Hope they checked the cart for prints...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374256792.134252.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374256792.134252.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 29
The two pics below show his thumb against the black backdrop of his jacket. In both you can see white bandage on his thumb. In the second you can even get a glimpse of the second bandage I believe IMHO is on the backside of his hand around the area of his ring/pinky fingers.

View attachment 35880

View attachment 35882

The picture below shows the two white bandages, one on/ near thumb, other near pinky/ring fingers on or near the back/outside of the hand IMO

View attachment 35883

Is it possible to enlarge that third pic from your original series of 5 pics. It is not in this post. In that original third pic where he is raising his hand by his cap, his ring finger looks especially odd on the nail bed.

Is it possible to enlarge that third pic from your original series of 5 pics. It is not in this post. In that original third pic where he is raising his hand by his cap, his ring finger looks especially odd on the nail bed.

Here ya go!

uza2atyp.jpg

Yes in this pic it looks more clear as if they are near his finger tips on his ring, middle and thumb or pointer as well as the back of his hand at the base of his pinky.

Trying to replay tape at that exact second to take shot.

No probs sorry bout not getting it up earlier. It looks like he had a bandage on the back of his hand behind his pinky knuckle and a few on the tips of his other fingers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back