GUILTY MI - Brenna Machus, 20, Romulus, 16 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. This may indicate he assaulted someone even before these murders and sustained wounds to his right hand when subduing/fighting his prior victim into submission...

Also might indicate whether or not this is his dominant or recessive hand as ppl were trying to figure out earlier. I'm guessing dominant. Just guessing. IMHO

I only brought up the rain because initial articles mentioned specifically that there was "heavy rain" and thunder that night which might be why none of the nearby shopkeepers saw or heard anything unusual. (http://www.freep.com/article/20130716/NEWS02/307160093/Dearborn-dollar-store-missing-Machus)

Perhaps the woman with dry hair had an umbrella.

In that heat it does seem hinky to be dressed like he was but the fact that the woman leaving the store 10 minutes after he arrived doesn't appear to be distressed and, IMO, that is one of the employees in the shot of her, makes me think there is some possibility that he is not the perpetrator.

I wish we could see all the video!

Evidently, there were pop-up showers in some areas of Metro Detroit but not where I live. DH was surprised that it hadn't rained here because he drove through some downpours on his way home from work in a western suburb. Quoting Thelma Ritter in the Hitchcock thriller Rear Window: "The rain just makes the heat wet." Absolutely true when it's hot and humid.

If the lady in red has an umbrella, it would have to be very small and retractable to fit in her purse or shopping bag.

"The perpetrator will also sometimes find his or herself on the receiving end and will have to defend themselves from attack and just like the victim will try to protect their face and upper body - more over because the scratching of their face could leave vital DNA evidence in the form of skin fragments under the victim's fingernails.

Again it is important to remember that although at first glance these wounds might seem like nothing more than a last ditch attempt to save oneself from an attack they are also important in the identification of a perpetrator should the attack be carried through to its conclusion.

A forensic pathologist will look for these signs of self defence and will record them pictorially and will measure them, calculate their depth and distance and will be able to construct a detailed analysis which will include the perpetrator's height, possibly his or her weight, direction he or she attacked from and also what state of mind they was in at the time of the attack.

All of these factors are very important when it comes to building a profile of an attacker or serial rapist."

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/defensive-wounds.html

Re LivingJuicy's post #521 - The idea that he raised his hand to avoid setting off the metal detector is really interesting. Gun stashed in that sleeve. Smart thinking LJ.

IMO no stun gun here, and bandaids just not important if that's what the white smudges are on his [her?] hands. IMO

Here ya go!

uza2atyp.jpg

Yes in this pic it looks more clear as if they are near his finger tips on his ring, middle and thumb or pointer as well as the back of his hand at the base of his pinky.

Trying to replay tape at that exact second to take shot.

I'll wait for your still, but I've got an idea.

LE has identified the POI as an African American man. Could it be this? http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vitiligo/DS00586

I'll wait for your still, but I've got an idea.

LE has identified the POI as an African American man. Could it be this? http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vitiligo/DS00586

I wondered if it could be that or a myriad of other skin disorders that manifest themselves in the hands, but I think IMHO the white bandages are a result of something more sinister.

Could be anything. We don't even know if they are in fact bandages but goodness - they look like bandages/bandage tape.

Um what is In his left breast (inside?) pocket in this pic??? Just spotted it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374259553.944220.jpg

Kind of looks like a gun MOO

So I could be way off but based on the couple of times I saw the video, my reaction was that the perp. deliberately raised his hand over some type of sensor/metal detector to avoid alerting of a weapon. It appears as a wave but I interpreted it as him reaching over something - presumably a metal detector.

Good thought, but if you go back and watch the video, he was already through the "detectors" when he raises his arm. And most of those detectors in stores aren't metal detectors, but tagged merchandise detectors. People would be setting them off all the time if they were metal detectors.

Video - http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...llar/-/1719418/21004208/-/itdghz/-/index.html

Good thought, but if you go back and watch the video, he was already through the "detectors" when he raises his arm. And most of those detectors in stores aren't metal detectors, but tagged merchandise detectors. People would be setting them off all the time if they were metal detectors.

Video - http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...llar/-/1719418/21004208/-/itdghz/-/index.html

Last March, DH and I went to Chicago to see American Ballet Theatre because they rarely come to Detroit any more. During the afternoon, we shopped along Michigan Avenue and stopped in the Coach store. When I entered, an alarm sounded, and a security guard asked to search my purse that happened to be Coach. A store manager knew that I couldn't have gotten the bag there because it had been specifically manufactured for department stores (mine was from Macy's). The alarm sounded again when we left, but the security guard just waved me through the door. I was afraid to go into other shops because I didn't know why an alarm sounded and didn't want to risk it happening again.

When we returned to the hotel, I checked my clothing and found a sensor tag in the seam of the pants that I was wearing. I had worn them for several months without realizing that the sensor was there as they were purchased online. :blushing:

Lesson learned: Be sure to check merchandise that you order online that might not have gone through a scanner. ;)

Last March, DH and I went to Chicago to see American Ballet Theatre because they rarely come to Detroit any more. During the afternoon, we shopped along Michigan Avenue and stopped in the Coach store. When I entered, an alarm sounded, and a security guard asked to search my purse that happened to be Coach. A store manager knew that I couldn't have gotten the bag there because it had been specifically manufactured for department stores (mine was from Macy's). The alarm sounded again when we left, but the security guard just waved me through the door. I was afraid to go into other shops because I didn't know why an alarm sounded and didn't want to risk it happening again.

When we returned to the hotel, I checked my clothing and found a sensor tag in the seam of the pants that I was wearing. I had worn them for several months without realizing that the sensor was there as they were purchased online. :blushing:

Lesson learned: Be sure to check merchandise that you order online that might not have gone through a scanner. ;)

I thought it went off because of your Magnetic Personality! :) :)

The phone pic uploads are looking blurry when I try to view them so I took one of the captures and blew it up.

Along with the what appears to be white bandages or tape does anyone see what looks like a bracelet on that same wrist or is me? Could be lighting....

I wish the quality of the phots/video was better. They are so blurry its hard to make much out.

picture.php

Re: Comment below video. I wonder, too, if there is additional surveillance video of the POI that LE isn't sharing with the public?

I'd bet for sure there is BDE

They might even have something that gives more details to the identity. Pretty positive they wouldn't put their best evidence "out there" JMHO

I'm sure they are still obtaining videos from various places also. It could take them a bit to get them with the power issues that the area seemed to be having.

I've read comments on various sites that indicate that there may be.:please:

~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne