GUILTY MI - Brenna Machus, 20, Romulus, 16 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am certain that all of us here hoped for a happier outcome. I truly appreciate everyone's contribution to this thread and for the fine efforts with maps, photos, video enhancement, etc. :clap:

I hope that there will be an arrest or arrests in this tragic case very soon. Whoever is responsible for these heinous murders needs to be held accountable so that there will be justice for Joe and Brenna.

Indeed. My biggest question right now is if a sexual assault took place (and also COD, was she also shot like Joseph, or was she killed in a more up close and personal manner such as strangulation?). How was her body placed, etc.? Were there multiple injuries, etc?

Was the main motive here robbery, and Brenna was taken as a hostage / witness elimination, or was the main motive here premeditated abduction and sexual assault? Or was this a personal hit for some other reason?

If this was not a personal hit (say domestic, crime witness, etc.), I'm afraid there is either a violent armed robber on the loose (crack addict? The Dollar Store isn't exactly a bank), or is this perp a violent, brazen sexual predator abducting and murdering women (and killing anyhone who stands in his way) and its only a matter of time before he will strike again? Is this perp responsible for any other past crimes?

If you watch the video and stop it just as he takes the cart (00:14) and look at the suspects shoes and then compare them to the person who appears to be standing near the front of the store while the lady customer in red is exiting the store it looks like the same shoes. The jeans are covering up the white shoes and all you see is a little white of the soles. Is that the suspect standing there? Did he take off his coat and hoodie?

Link to video: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...llar/-/1719418/21004208/-/itdghz/-/index.html

I thought the same, but surely they would have a clearer view of him than the video of him entering the store, right?

i havent commented but was following this since yesterday morning :/ so awful.

i am leaning toward that being JO in the corner, which changes my understanding of how things went down a lot... was the 7:30 estimate of when the crime occurred based on the suspect entering at that point?

Channel 4 news at 4:00 - Brief report. Police Chief wants anyone who might have been in the vicinity of the Family Dollar Store or has any information that could lead to a resolution of the case should call DPD with tips. Interview with family members coming up on 5:00 news.

I really never post, but i am from this exact area. My parents are still there. This just breaks my heart. I so wish there was a different outcome. Poor JO, it is so hard for some of the younger college age kids to get jobs in that area. He was probably just thrilled that he had this job. I can't even think about how horrible this is for everyone involved.

I was just wondering though, do any of you think that the red shirt person in the corner could be a reflection of the lady in red? I can't see videos, as i am work, so i may be missing something......

Not ruling out disgruntled ex employee or infatuated customer.

Shoe comparison.

hhzw.png

I am thinking it was meant to be a robbery and he decided to turn it into a sexual assault crime as well, thus killing the witness and taking her elsewhere.

I can see why LE wants to talk to this women so bad. According to the time stamp on the video this lady left the store 10 minutes after the suspect entered the store. The suspect entered at 19:26:53 and this lady left the store at 19:36:44. This means the suspect was inside the store for at lest 10 minutes before he shot Joe and abducted Brenna. I sure would like to see any other video from other camera's inside this store.

I wonder if Brenna or Joe was the cashier when this lady paid for her merchandise. Does that look like a purse or one of those plastic shopping bags hanging from her arm?

Family-Dollar-customer-jpg.jpg

bilde
I'd be interested to see when she came in!

I am thinking it was meant to be a robbery and he decided to turn it into a sexual assault crime as well, thus killing the witness and taking her elsewhere.

Why kill 2 employees and let that lady in red walk out?

Her father, Jamie Machus, suggested that his daughter could have known the attacker as she had been receiving threatening messages, he said.

'They don't think robbery was a motive,' he told My Fox Detroit. 'There was some type of an altercation out behind her store. She went out back to find out what was going on, and they believe that's when she was abducted.'

He added: 'One guy in particular kept making threatening Facebook messages to her. This kid used to come in and harass her at the store, and she'd have to ask him to leave or whatever because he was stoned.

But he said he had looked at the surveillance footage and did not recognize the man caught on camera.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2369039/Breanna-Machus-Body-just-miles-missing-woman-20-abducted-deadly-dollar-store-heist.html#ixzz2ZQw70Lnx

Definitely get on FB and track down the IP address from those threats. It has to be a real issue for a man to threaten a woman that isn't her ex. Women can harass each other over dumb stuff, but for a man to be going after her it had to be something serious like a debt, I wonder what he was really threatening her with.

Channel 4 is still on the Detroit bankruptcy filing, but I will stay tuned for an update on the Family Dollar Store case.

ETA: I missed some of the report while letting the dog out to pee (DH and I are dog-sitting during the heat wave). Brenna's father was interviewed and said that body was decomposed but was identified with dental records, hair, and tattoos. He mentioned something about "playing with his grandchild"??? Brenna's mother identified her clothing. Both of the female customers have now come forward with information about what was going on in the store.

Decomposition suggests to me that Brenna must have been killed the same night that she was abducted from the store. :moo:

they are going to find this guy. The intensity on this case seems quite amazing.

IMO

Hey could the hoodie guy have walked in and then left as the lady in red taking off all his garb?

If there was an altercation in the back why come in the front and items there is more than one

Channel 4 is still on the Detroit bankruptcy filing, but I will stay tuned for an update on the Family Dollar Store case.

ETA: I missed some of the report while letting the dog out to pee (DH and I are dog-sitting during the heat wave). Brianna's father was interviewed and said that body was decomposed but was identified with dental records, hair, and tattoos. He mentioned something about "playing with his grandchild"??? Brenna's mother identified her clothing. Both of the female customers have now come forward with information about what was going on in the store.

Decomposition suggests to me that Brenna must have been killed the same night that she was abducted from the store. :moo:

I'm sure you are right about when Brenna was killed.

I just hope the killer left behind some usable evidence that can be used to track him down.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx