GUILTY MI - Charlie Bothuell, 12, Detroit, 16 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for all the updates , Bette
What this poor boy must have gone through. I'm sorry Charlie. Its' going to be ok now, young man !

If you haven't watched the Judge's decision re: dismissal of torture charges, please take the time to view it. While Judge Holmes didn't call young Charlie a liar, she stated that his testimony about being held captive in the basement was not believable. Like the defense attorneys, Judge Holmes also had issues with Dr. Nazur, the expert witness who testified about the alleged torture and abuse of young Charlie. I'm not condoning the parents' choices in disciplining young Charlie, but the torture charges were a prosecutorial stretch and would not have stood up in trial. :moo:

I'd be curious to hear the father's full interview. Did at any point comment on his son? Did he say anything about anyone other than himself?

I'd be curious to hear the father's full interview. Did at any point comment on his son? Did he say anything about anyone other than himself?

If you're talking about today's interview, Mr. Bothuell said that he "wants to get on with his life". He didn't mention young Charlie. It's still about all him. Always has been. :moo:

I just want this all to be over for poor Charlie. I want there to be justice but you're right about the the torture charges. I just hope that the power can now be in his hands and if there ever is contact it's on his demand and not theirs.

I'm not surprised by the judge's decision. The fact is, dad of the year gave up his parental rights to Charlie last year. He's no longer Charlie's father. I just hope Charlie is headed in the right direction now.

Thanks, Bette for keeping us informed.

Thinking back to the Nancy Grace interview during which Mr. Bothuell learned on air that his son had been found, it would not surprise me in the least to learn that his father knew from the get-go that young Charlie was alive, pretending to be missing, and sneaking in and out of the house/basement. Mr. Bothuell is arrogant, has a huge ego, and wanted his 15 minutes of fame. He pressured local media into keeping the story at the forefront and probably did the same thing with national media, most notably Nancy Grace. I'm glad Mr. Bothuell relinquished his parental rights to Charlie V who now might have a chance for a more normal life with his biological mother. :moo:

If you're talking about today's interview, Mr. Bothuell said that he "wants to get on with his life". He didn't mention young Charlie. It's still about all him. Always has been. :moo:

Yes, I was talking about yesterdays interview. As a loving parent, you'd think he'd include his son in his hopes of moving forward in a positive direction. He's your son. Good and bad. He's yours. Take care of him. His lack of comment on Charlie makes me believe even more he was awful to that child.

I'm not sure of the timing of all of this. If he is still under indictment, awaiting the trial for child abuse, I have to wonder if he would be given custody of any child. If the custody hearing came after a not guilty verdict in the trial, I'd say there's a good possibility.

From the WXYZ-TV link above: “Wasn’t guilty of the torture. Not guilty of the child abuse,” said Bothuell. “I’m 46 years old. Father of 4, grandfather to 2. I’m a registered nurse. I’ve taken care of hundreds and hundreds of if not thousands of patients. I’ve served vulnerable populations my entire life. Never had a single accusation against me ever.”

Methinks (Mr. Bothuell) doth protest too much. It's still all about him :gaah:

Dad of boy found in basement wants trial

Holly Fournier, The Detroit News 1:06 p.m. EST January 5, 2016

Detroit — A pretrial hearing abruptly ended Tuesday for the father of a boy who was reported missing in 2014 but found nearly two weeks later in the basement of his family’s home.

Meanwhile, the father declared his intent to bring his case to trial.

“I’ve turned the deals down,” Charlie Bothuell IV told The Detroit News prior to the hearing Tuesday. “Because I’m not guilty.”

Attorneys and prosecutors never went on the record Tuesday after a lengthy meeting in chambers with Judge Margaret Van Houten at Frank Murphy Hall of Justice...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2016/01/05/bothuell/78299108/

Father in Charlie Bothuell abuse case takes plea deal

Charles Bothuell IV pleads guilty to fourth-degree child abuse

By Local 4 - ClickOnDetroit news staff

Posted: 11:37 AM, January 19, 2016

Updated: 11:58 AM, January 19, 2016

DETROIT - The father of a Detroit boy whose disappearance made national headlines after he was found in the family's basement after an 11-day search by federal and local investigators has pleaded guilty to a fourth-degree child abuse charge.

Charles Bothuell IV told the court Tuesday at a hearing that he hit his then 12-year-old son, Charles Bothuell V, with a PVC pipe. He pleaded guilty to the charge in exchange for the dismissal of a second-degree child abuse charge. The prosecution agreed the father's sentencing will be 18 months probation, no contact with his son and anger management classes...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/father-in-charlie-bothuell-abuse-case-takes-plea-deal

Detroit dad gets plea deal in case of boy in basement

Holly Fournier, The Detroit News 12:27 p.m. EST January 19, 2016

Detroit — The man accused of abusing his 12-year-old son and isolating the boy in the family’s basement for nearly two weeks accepted a misdemeanor plea deal Tuesday involving probation and no jail time.

Charlie Bothuell IV pleaded guilty Tuesday to fourth-degree child abuse before Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Margaret Van Houten, according to the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office. He was sentenced to 18 months probation and anger management classes...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2016/01/19/boy-basement/79003296/

Charlie Bothuell suing Nancy Grace

By Rod Meloni - Reporter

Posted: 7:31 PM, February 25, 2016

DETROIT - Charlie Bothuell IV pleaded guilty in court just weeks ago and now he’s suing Nancy Grace.

Bothuell’s son went missing in June of 2014. Detroit police and the FBI furiously searched the city.

The 12-year-old boy was later found in the basement of the home and Bothuell was informed of this while appearing live on Nancy Grace’s television show...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/charlie-bothuell-suing-nancy-grace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HazardPay
Back