GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New article with a map, photos and information if anyone here wants to volunteer to search. I thought I would post it sorry if it has been posted already.

"NEWPORT, Mich. -- A rural bank building southwest of Detroit is repurposed into a missing-person search headquarters lined with boxes of fliers, flashlights, neon vests and doughnuts.

In this Monroe County community where everybody seems to know everyone, a 22-year-old woman has gone missing. And there's an open invitation for anyone who wants to help look for her: Just come to 8799 Swan Creek Road."

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...woman-search-monroe-county-michigan/18413561/

I grew up in Monroe for 30 years, I was in Monroe over the weekend but was unable to assist with the search. I went to school with one of the guys that has one of the bands and lives not far from where I live now. There are rumors flying every where, the face book page for Chelsea is unreal. Every place I was at this weekend someone heard this and that and ten other things. There is also another girl who has small children who went missing not far from Chelsea on October 9, 2014.I really hope they find her, it really sad.

Family has her phone and bank card, they were left in her girlfriends car that left early.

NANCY GRACE

Michigan Girl Disappears at Halloween Party

Aired November 3, 2014 - 20:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Breaking news tonight, Newport, Michigan. Bombshell tonight. She goes to a Halloween costume party dressed as a

super-villain, Poison Ivy from "Batman." Amidst the other partygoers, she disappears, never seen again.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Twenty-two-year-old Chelsea Bruck went to a Halloween party with a group of friends.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Amid all of this, Chelsea had gone missing!

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Chelsea was dressed as the character Poison Ivy and had left her phone in a friend`s car.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The friend came out, got the phone. That friend never was able to find Chelsea again at the party.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: And live, Tampa, Florida, a 10-year-old girl left paralyzed from the neck down after a routine flu shot vaccination.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Mary Sue Braven (ph) contracted a rare illness that rendered her bedridden and mostly unable to speak.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It can be triggered by a virus with a high fever or by a (INAUDIBLE)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Her family believes it was the flu shot.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Good evening. I`m Nancy Grace. I want to thank you for being with us.

Bombshell tonight, Newport, Michigan. She goes to a Halloween costume party dressed as a super-villain, Poison Ivy from "Batman," but amidst the

other partygoers, she disappears, never seen again.

Straight out right now to Jason Scott on the story, joining us from WWJ. Jason, what do we know?

JASON SCOTT, NEWSRADIO 950 WWJ (via telephone): Well, we know very little right now. Hi, Nancy. Despite this being day seven of the search,

Chelsea`s sister, Kassandra, tells me that morale is still high within the search camp, but yet new information, very little at this moment. Recent

photos released by the family -- they`ve been examined by detectives, nine other partygoers in those pictures, they`ve been identified, still nothing

new on Chelsea`s whereabouts.

GRACE: Joining me right now, special guest, this is Chelsea`s sister, Kassandra Bruck. Kassandra, thank you so much for being with us. The

search has intensified, hundreds of volunteers out searching for your sister. Your sister, Chelsea, had never gone away before. She lives with

her parents, holds down a steady job, has never disappeared before. What are police telling you? ...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1411/03/ng.01.html

I don't like having to mention this, but the search area is dangerously close to Lake Erie. Actual water searches would have to be done by professional dive team, but are any of the ground searches taking place along the shores of Lake Erie? Checked out Rand-McNally and don't see many lakes in the search area. I live in Oakland County where there are numerous inland lakes.

Hard to confirm much, since LE is being quiet. I know searches have been made of the edges of water areas, but have heard nothing about dive teams.

According to the NG transcript, a trust has been set up at MB&T Bank I Newport, MI. Haven't seen that anywhere before.

I am just overwhelmed that almost no party photos have appeared. With 500-800 people, most probably having cell phones these days, and selfies being so popular --- where are the pictures? Honestly, that is nearly the ONLY thing I can imagine being useful at this point. How does a family deal with this? I want to go to bed with the covers over my head and wake up to find it has been a nightmare I can ignore. I suppose as family, you need to keep busy and do anything to keep your mind from going to scarier thinking, but ...... what can you really do? I feel so helpless.

From the links posted on previous pages, I gathered that at the party there were some (3, 4, 6?) people with whom she worked; then additionally, there were others at the party who she knew (but didn't work with.) That may be where the confusion is coming from as far as how many people CB knew at the party being 15 or 20 versus.... whatever the lower number was that was mentioned. Just my interpretation from the various news links here, if they're correct. Even if I knew, let's say, 20 folks out of 400, I'd have a hard time finding one of them for a ride in that situation (party atmosphere, loud, dark, alcohol, then add costumes, masks..)

According to the NG transcript, a trust has been set up at MB&T Bank I Newport, MI. Haven't seen that anywhere before.

I am just overwhelmed that almost no party photos have appeared. With 500-800 people, most probably having cell phones these days, and selfies being so popular --- where are the pictures? Honestly, that is nearly the ONLY thing I can imagine being useful at this point. How does a family deal with this? I want to go to bed with the covers over my head and wake up to find it has been a nightmare I can ignore. I suppose as family, you need to keep busy and do anything to keep your mind from going to scarier thinking, but ...... what can you really do? I feel so helpless.

THIS! I totally agree.

One thing in the link below (again, if it's correct) is regarding her hair. I've read it was a wig as part of the costume, but this info is different. It's getting confusing.

"She was wearing a Batman-inspired “Poison Ivy” costume comprised of black yoga pants and a leaf-covered green top, according to police. Her naturally blonde hair was colored purple."

Police Use Photos From Party in Search for Missing Woman Chelsea Bruck

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-use-photos-party-search-missing-woman-chelsea-bruck-n240031

Crime Stoppers reward poster lists it as a purple wig, as do any FindChelsea FB pages. I think they would be the most accurate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 467
We see in cases lots of good people volunteering for searching.....

It's too bad there is way to utilize volunteers to do the daunting task of going thru surveillance footage of not only the immediate area where a person last been seen, but also extending outward to other areas...
I wonder know how much surveillance there is in this town..

ETA - in this age of cellphone cameras, would imagine lots of photos were taken during the party??

There are now three separate funds to help with the search for Chelsea. I bolded them in the snippet below.

I don't know what draws me so close to this particular case, although the proximity and being a mom/grandma and caring are a contributor. I only know for sure that I am seeing this through the eyes of it being "my child" ---- and it hurts deeply. I just want to say thank you to all of you here who read or post and who share our prayers and hopes and thoughts. Whatever way you help, please know it is a huge support and appreciated. Luv to all of you.
:gthanks:

----
By Ray Kisonas As of Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 09:56 a.m. Chelsea Bruck Crime Stoppers has issued a $ 1,000 reward for information that would help authorities locate Chelsea Bruck, the 22- year- old Maybee woman who has been missing since the early morning hours of Oct. 26.

The family also created a ******** account (click here) that has raised about $5,500 as of Tuesday morning, and a bank account has been set up in Chelsea Bruck’s name at Monroe Bank and Trust, where her mother is an employee.

Read more at: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/nov/03/chelsea-brucks-family-host-vigil-tonight/

THIS! I totally agree.

One thing in the link below (again, if it's correct) is regarding her hair. I've read it was a wig as part of the costume, but this info is different. It's getting confusing.

"She was wearing a Batman-inspired “Poison Ivy” costume comprised of black yoga pants and a leaf-covered green top, according to police. Her naturally blonde hair was colored purple."

Police Use Photos From Party in Search for Missing Woman Chelsea Bruck

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-use-photos-party-search-missing-woman-chelsea-bruck-n240031

Red If true, this puts a whole 'nother slant on the search. Costume hair coloring isn't permanent and washes out with a couple shampoos, but still... There's a difference between looking for someone with dark hair or Chelsea's blonde locks.

Red If true, this puts a whole 'nother slant on the search. Costume hair coloring isn't permanent and washes out with a couple shampoos, but still... There's a difference between looking for someone with dark hair or Chelsea's blonde locks.

What's weird for me is that when I first saw this case and saw her photo in the Halloween costume and what was described as a wig, I thought that wow, that looks like real hair and I was kind of amazed that a costume wig would look that natural. So IDK if it was a purple rinse or a wig or what. Someone mentioned crimestoppers photo - saying that it was a wig; so I'd be inclined to go with that as being the correct info if I had to choose. However, in that photo it just doesn't look like a wig (read: cheap costume wig) to me. Anyway, I totally agree. That is a significant thing to know, I'd think.

What's weird for me is that when I first saw this case and saw her photo in the Halloween costume and what was described as a wig, I thought that wow, that looks like real hair and I was kind of amazed that a costume wig would look that natural. So IDK if it was a purple rinse or a wig or what. Someone mentioned crimestoppers photo - saying that it was a wig; so I'd be inclined to go with that as being the correct info if I had to choose. However, in that photo it just doesn't look like a wig (read: cheap costume wig) to me. Anyway, I totally agree. That is a significant thing to know, I'd think.

Wouldn't her family know if it was a wig or dyed? No family member so far has stated anything other than it being a wig. Still, I agree it does look quite natural.

We see in cases lots of good people volunteering for searching.....

It's too bad there is way to utilize volunteers to do the daunting task of going thru surveillance footage of not only the immediate area where a person last been seen, but also extending outward to other areas...
I wonder know how much surveillance there is in this town..

ETA - in this age of cellphone cameras, would imagine lots of photos were taken during the party??

BBM .... probably zilch, as far as surveillance out in the country. Few houses, many dirt roads, limited street lights if any. The only surveillance I can imagine is if you drive a few miles to the nearest store or gas station.

IMO it appears to be a wig. Chelsea's hairline is way different and much higher in her other pics. The purple hair also seems much thicker than Chelsea's.

I think it is just a high quality wig opposed to a costume wig. My friend had a few when she was going through chemo. The hair appears fuller and thicker than her natural hair. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13