GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the remains are skeletal as is being reported there would be no tatoo,no fingerprints, only teeth to ID .Most dentists take teeth Xrays. This should not be a hard ID.
I wonder why they are asking family to come ID her then.....

On weekends when there are no daytime TV news broadcasts, I rely on WWJ radio (CBS affiliate) for updates. Just heard after 2:00 national news that family/friends of Chelsea Bruck are expected at the office of the Wayne County Medical Examiner sometime today to identify the body that was found yesterday. :(

Oh no, :( bless them.

Following nervously. Got an alert on Fb. I feel shaky.
Prayers for the Brucks.

Thank you FHG. It has been lovely but now it's raining and chilly and we have the possibility of Snow next week. Yep. none ALL winter and we get to May and it may snow. British weather at it's finest lol

Springly, for there indeed. You're always welcome.

If the remains are skeletal as is being reported there would be no tatoo,no fingerprints, only teeth to ID .Most dentists take teeth Xrays. This should not be a hard ID.

That's what I thought, too, Goldenbear. Totally confused, as I always thought dental records were the definitive answer. Even King Richard III's teeth were in good shape. How can a family identify skeletal remains? Do we have inaccurate news reports? BTW, my high school sports team were called the Golden Bears. You aren't by chance, from Ohio, are you?

Great find, GigTu. I'm liking you so much right now, very much appreciated.

Agreed, Green-Eyed Blondie
If there are any locals who wish to post pictures to include on maps, they would be useful

Well, all time tonight and tomorrow busy. But I can try to visit that area early next week and see what I can find. Not good at posting pics, technical stuff :-( but I can see what I can do.

I wonder why they are asking family to come ID her then.....

I think hair remains intact for some time, also. Perhaps the body is not completely decomposed due to preservation during the long, cold, snowy winter in southeastern lower Michigan.

Well, all time tonight and tomorrow busy. But I can try to visit that area early next week and see what I can find. Not good at posting pics, technical stuff :-( but I can see what I can do.

Don't put yourself in any danger, at all, please. We have a lot on MSM to use for now.

Who knows how many people or whom this involves?

How can a family identify skeletal remains? Do we have inaccurate news reports?

I don't think they are. Unless buzzards, but I don't know how active they are in the winter.

Of all the horrors I can imagine, I cannot begin to comprehend what Chelsea's momma is going through right now, and what she will have to cope with after IDing her daughter. :(

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

"Most serial killers have very defined geographic areas of operation. They conduct their killings within comfort zones that are often defined by an anchor point (e.g. place of residence, employment, or residence of a relative). Serial murderers will, at times, spiral their activities outside of their comfort zone, when their confidence has grown through experience or to avoid detection. Very few serial murderers travel interstate to kill."

much more at link

(important note: FBI defines a serial killer as someone who has killed two or more unrelated victims/in separate crimes, IIRC)

A good artlcle by Jane Ridgeway on 'zones of awareness' that Mom2six had posted a while ago on the AJ thread:

http://www.boulderweekly.com/article...-to-clues.html

WWJ has national (CBS) news at the top of the hour followed by local headlines. Here's the live stream link to audio if anyone wants to listen to the news at 3:00PM (EDT). I've had the radio on in kitchen and master bedroom today to hear the latest about the body found in Monroe County yesterday.

http://player.radio.com/listen/station/wwj-newsradio-950

Okay, tell me if you think the path pictured on the left (in winter months) could possibly be the same path that has a green arrow (in green months) on the right.
View attachment 73795

Gig, I'm not sure that that's a match. There are lots of points of similarity, but the orientation of the road seems wrong. The tree trunks seem to be casting shadows perpendicular to the road direction. The sun would have to be shining from the northwest to cast perpendicular shadows on the satellite photo road, I believe. I don't think you can get that angle from a winter sun, even in the late afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand