GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
14sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade

Hlavaty still on stand for cross-exam by defense. Questioning details related to manner of death, timeline needed for asphyxiation, etc.

29sMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Cross examination asks HLAVARTY if there was any evidence found under the fingernails of the remains of #ChelseaBruck | she can not say

1mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Dr. Hlavaty could not determine What caused the injuries to Chelsea's face and jaw

55sRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
If the log fell on her jaw it could have caused broken bones but one blow from log did not cause all injuries

2mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Dr. Hlavaty said the injuries were not caused by a fall or multiple Falls of logs

5sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade

Questioned if fractures may have been caused by strike by closing vehicle door. Hlavaty indicates unlikely w/ #ChelseaBruck's fractures.

11sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Back to questioning on erotic asphyxiation, purpose of the practice for heightened sexual pleasure.

2mAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Dr. Hlavaty is so far longest witness on the stand. Now redirect by prosecution with impact of intoxication on poss. strangulation.

1mMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Some energetic back & forth btwn defense & prosecution in the prosecution's redirect to witness M.E. HLAVARTY about Chelsea's cause of death

1mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
If the condition of the body was in better shape ME could have determined if she was strangled

48sRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Due to condition of body it could not have been determined if she died hypothetically of drowning or heart attack

1sRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Under several objections questions about various scenarios are offered such as bullet wounds

16sMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Prosecution asks to approach the bench with the defense as the back and forth continues.

8sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Pros. running through other possible causes of death, poison, drowning, gunshot, etc., how Hlavaty would determine. Defense objects.

9sRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas

The judge stopped the line of questioning regarding hypothetical causes of death

Malena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Defense re-cross examines M.E. HLAVARTY - asphyxiation cannot be ruled out due to state of body when examined | prosecution asks final ?

16sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
After 1.5 hours on the stand. Hlavaty excused. Det. Sroka, lead officer on

It's very difficult to read what Chelsea endured once again. Thank you for all the updates everyone. Chelsea's family continue to be in my prayers.

9s2mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Detective Mike Preadmore testified that the Chelsea investigation was intense, stressful and involved long hours and sleepless nights

Alex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
They will play video of Daniel Clay's interview after his arrest, July 22, 2016, led by Det. Peters w/ #MonroeCounty.

19sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Previously stated video is edited to remove statements excluded from evidence in hearings before trial.

20sRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
A video interview of Daniel Clay is being shown to jurors

3mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
In the video Clay is seen sitting in a chair nodding his head

2mAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade

Daniel Clay tells investigators his birth mother kicked him out earlier in life.

Alex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Video: Det. Peters reading Daniel Clay his #MirandaRights.

1mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Small talk between Clay and detectives on video . He talks of never knowing his real mother

1mAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Pros. now showing Det. Peters a document Daniel Clay signed indicating he understood his #MirandaRights.

7sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Video: Clay has mentioned a child support warrant in interview like he believed that was the reason for his arrest.

[tweets from Melina Caruso, WTOL, seem to have stopped for now]

Alex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Video: Daniel Clay told they are investigating the case of #ChelseaBruck. Clay says he's familiar from news coverage, etc.

Alex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Video: Detective tells Clay the department had 1,137 tips in #ChelseaBruck case. Clay says he attended Halloween party.

9sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Video: Detective asking about Daniel Clay's attendance at Halloween party, timelines, who he went with, met there, etc.

4mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
On video Clay has legs crossed and appears calm as he talks to detectives about his time at the Halloween party

14sRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Defense asks for video to stop playing . Mr. Smith objects to entire video

2mAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Video: Daniel Clay continues to refer to Jessiba Pribyl, mother to 1 of his sons and previous witness, as 'baby mama,' not by name.

3mAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Breaking early for lunch, just a few minutes into video of Daniel Clay's interview after arrest in #ChelseaBruck case.

2mAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
But first dealing with defense's objections related to video, after jury dismissed from courtroom.

Ray Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Defense objects to video not being edited of such categories including clay's criminal history

https://mobile.twitter.com/RayKisonas8mAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Jury dismissed for lunch. Defense objects to what they say is a version of the video that has not been edited as they believed it would be.

Ray Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Judge White overruled Mr. Smith's objection saying it's too little too late

[I better get moving here. I have an appointment this afternoon, so I probably won't be able to do tweets. I will try to catch up on them this evening if no one is able to give updates. Spellz]

Thanks for the ongoing coverage, Spellz. Oh, how I wish there was live stream for this trial :tantrum:

5mAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Court to resume shortly. Should return to playing the video of Daniel Clay's interview after arrest in death of Chelsea Bruck

1mAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Side note: I would pay good money for use of a table and a cushioned seat. Church pews + laptop on lap + 2.5 days of testimony = Ouchy back.

[she has been good to us ... I think she has done a good job. Without her, we would be pretty much in the dark.
I will be leaving in about 20 minutes. see you later. Spellz]

Alex Mester @AlexMesterBlade
We're back. Pros. following up, issues w/ edited video result of some miscommunication between pros & defense. Had been meeting in chambers.

Pros. will pause/skip portions of video to be excluded, supplemented by reading of video transcript. New file would take hours to make.

35m
Believe they're done w/ skipping bits of interview. Returning to video. Daniel Clay said he didn't really see #ChelseaBruck, didn't know her

Video: Clay told investigators he left the Halloween party by himself.

Video: Daniel Clay -- "As far as I know, I don't think I ever said a word to her." #ChelseaBruck

Video: Daniel Clay claims he never visited Briar Hill Rd property where #ChelseaBruck body found, or Flat Rock site where costume found.

Video: Investigators leave interview room, Daniel Clay sitting quietly by himself. Video still rolling.

Earlier in video, Clay claimed he didn't know #ChelseaBruck except maybe in passing, she and his ex worked together at Olga's.

Video: Investigation asking if Clay understands DNA, if any possibility his could be on #ChelseaBruck or her clothing, etc. He says no.

Video: Investigation asking if Clay understands DNA, if any possibility his could be on #ChelseaBruck or her clothing, etc. He says no.

Video: Det. Sroka having Daniel Clay sign paperwork giving permission to take buccal swab for purposes of DNA profile. He signs.

Ray Kisonas @RayKisonas
Daniel Clay: "I'm 99.9 % sure I've never talked to her in my life."

Ray Kisonas @RayKisonas
The detectives' strategy is clearly taking it slow with Clay and not revealing the information they already have . The video is hours long

Ray Kisonas @RayKisonas
Detectives ask how his DNA was found on her and Clay says he doesn't know. Clay then agrees to offer his DNA

Thanks so much KK for taking over tweets. Nursing a rotten head cold or I would help out.

Thanks Kazoo. I am back if you want me to take over, but you are doing fine and it is appreciated!

Video: Clay told investigators authorities took a buccal swab not long ago, after arrest in separate, unrelated case.

Video: Investigators continuing to affirm Clay's DNA is on #ChelseaBruck, he continues to assert he doesn't know how it would be.

Court taking a break, to come back at 3:20.

Back in session. Working on a web story, so tweets will be suspended for a bit. My apologies...

Ray Kisonas @RayKisonas
Detective mike Preadmore : "we've got your DNA on her." Clay: "I have no idea how."

Ray Kisonas @RayKisonas
In the video Clay repeatedly denies having contact with Chelsea despite DNA

Catching up with two other tweeters

Ray Kisonas@RayKisonas

In an agreement regarding the video of the interview , the transcripts are being read instead of a video being played

Once a disputed section of the video was read now jurors can watch the video of interview

Daniel Clay tells detectives that he might have seen Chelsea at the party : "I don't think I said a word to her."

Daniel Clay denies being at the industrial complex where the costume was found and said he never went down the dirt road off Briar hill

Daniel Clay: "I'm 99.9 % sure I've never talked to her in my life."

The detectives' strategy is clearly taking it slow with Clay and not revealing the information they already have . The video is hours long

Detectives ask how his DNA was found on her and Clay says he doesn't know. Clay then agrees to offer his DNA

Detective mike Preadmore : "we've got your DNA on her." Clay: "I have no idea how."

In the video Clay repeatedly denies having contact with Chelsea despite DNA

-====
Malena Caruso@MalenaWTOL

Jury begins watching & listening to portions of the interview #DanielClay gave to police after being taken into custody 7/16 @WTOL11Toledo

In interview: we hear Daniel Clay say he was talking to his "baby momma" at the Halloween party | says he was "mostly homeless" at the time

Daniel Clay | Says he didn't know Chelsea or know who she was at the party | only knew of Chelsea in news reports after she went messing

DanielClay says he has "lots of chicks" and only likes the "hot ones" & won't give a friend a ride home who's w/multiple women at party

DanielClay says he talked to "Jessica" his "baby momma" a couple times night of party | Jessica testified he did come up to her & Chelsea

It's a very disjointed interview with Daniel Clay. Very sporadic. I'm sorry for confusion.

Daniel Clay says in interview he's never been to area where the body of #ChelseaBruck was found. Says he's never really been to Flat Rock.

***note*** there are close to 40 people in the courtroom (outside of jury, lawyers, etc.) watching the interview. It is silent.

Daniel Clays says in video interview w/detectives he's never been to the rundown buildings where #ChelseaBruck's costume was found.

Daniel Clay says he did not "know" #ChelseaBruck expect "maybe" in passing at Olga's where Chelsea & and his ex Jessica both worked.

Daniel Clay says he "never had sex with Chelsea"Previous evidence & testimony linked DNA found on her costume to Daniel Clay @WTOL11Toledo

I'm video interview | detectives leave room | Clay remains seated wearing the "jail strip" clothes for nearly 5 minutes so far.

**I'm told this video alone has 2 more hours for jurors to watch | the prosecution will likely not call another witness today | back on Mon.

Detectives come back in room | Prosecution pauses video | reads transcript of video to omit portions defense wants to leave out

#DanielClay consents to give DNA sample to detectives in intv. Det. Sroka takes sample. Clay says his DNA already taken in a recent arrest

After giving buccal sample, Clay gives permission for Det. Sroka to look at his Facebook profile. Says he never talked to Chelsea on FB.

Detective tells Clay in interview they found his DNA on her costume. Asks if he had "physical contact" chelsea bruck | No, doesn't know how.

Detective tells #DanielClay he's the only one who knows how his DNA got on #ChelseaBruck | asks if he killed her | yes, no | says no to sex

Judge tell prosecution to pause video to give jury a break.

Court resumes: Daniel Clay repeatedly denies having sex with #ChelseaBruck in interview w/Det | Clay says I can get laid any time

Clay denies Chelsea being in his car | doesn't know how his DNA got on her costume | he didn't pick her up down the road from the party

2mMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL

Detective tells Clay this will be the only time Clay can talk to detectives to tell them the truth | must tell them how his DNA got on her

Detective tells Clay this will be the only time Clay can talk to detectives to tell them the truth | must tell them how his DNA got on her

Daniel Clay changes story | if he "was that *advertiser censored**ed up could have had sex" w/ #ChelseaBruck | doesn't remember having sex with #ChelseaBruck

In Intv. Clay admits to having sex w/ #ChelseaBruck in back of Ford Fusion | says never thought twice "who it was" when she goes missing

====

2mRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas

Detective Preadmore:"is there a possibility you had sex with her."Clay :"there is a possibility."

Clay in intv: says he had sex "w/a dark hair chick in the car he was driving" | but doesn't remember having sex w/a girl wearing leafs

During questioning Daniel Clay finally admits to having sex with Chelsea , "she got out and disappeared ."

====
40sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade

I'm back. Web story to be up soon. In video, Clay just said there is a "possibility" he had sex with #ChelseaBruck.

[a "possibility"? he doesn't know? Sheesh]

Video: Clay said he had sex with someone in a car, but doesn't think it was #ChelseaBruck. Can't remember who.

Family/friends of #ChelseaBruck still holding up well while video of Daniel Clay interview plays, now talking about having sex w/ Chelsea

I'm really curious as to what he will say for himself once called up. [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really curious as to what he will say for himself once called up. [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't even imagine having a story that will explain away any of the testimonies we have heard. I wonder if his decision to take the stand is his own or if defense agrees with it. Maybe they will change their minds.

26sMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Clay charging his story about car he was driving after detectives tell him the description of the car he was driving was see on Briar Hill

52sRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
The interview increasingly becomes more intense as detectives press Clay to reveal more information : "man up," detectives tell him

25sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Video: Daniel Clay continuing to insist he left the Halloween party alone, after having sex in a car. #ChelseaBruck

39sMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Det. Sroka asks if #DanielClay tore off the costume #ChelseaBruck was wearing | Clay gets agitated |denies leaving w/anyone after having sex

25sRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Detective Preadmore presses Daniel Clay ."It's killing you inside. Something happened."

2sMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Detectives suggest in video intv. that after having sex w/#ChelseaBruck maybe she passed out in the back seat and he left | Clay denies it

37sRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
they're showing the interview with detectives and it's hours long

27sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Video: Dep. Peters -- "I think something happened." Now getting map for Clay of area where

14sMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
In video: detective leaves to get a map to show Clay where Chelsea's body was found. Clay sits quietly in video.

51sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
GAH. My sincere apologies. Interviewing Clay were Det. Preadmore and Det. Sroka. NOT Dep. Peters, who testified earlier. *facepalm* #SoSorry

Malena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
*In the courtroom | the jury looks visibly exhausted | family and friends of the victim remain seated, calm and quiet. They too look tired.

Alex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Video still quiet while detectives retrieve map for Clay. Again, interviewers are Detectives Preadmore and Sroka.

1mAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
I think tomorrow's break in the trial will be welcome respite. Lots of tired looking folks in the courtroom. Been a long few days.

12sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Video: Detectives back after leaving interview room for several minutes.

2mAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Video: Telling Clay his DNA was skin cells, found on costume where straps and crotch were torn.

Alex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Video has been playing for roughly 2 hours total. Still rolling.

2mMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Video | detectives back in | tell Daniel his skin DNA was found where crotch & straps of leotard custom of #ChelseaBruck were torn

14sMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Detectives ask Clay if he's a "monster or a murder" | ask if something happened and he snapped after having sex with #ChelseaBruck

31sMalena Caruso
@MalenaWTOL
Detectives ask if #DanielClay had an "oh **** moment" after having sex with Chelsea Bruck and he accidentally killed her

Alex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Video: Clay's voice is quieter, still insisting just had sex w/ #ChelseaBruck as detectives say her death was accident, "Something happened"

NowRay Kisonas
@RayKisonas
Detectives press harder . "We need to know what happened. Are you that monster murderer? "

47sAlex Mester
@AlexMesterBlade
Video: Clay asks for bathroom break, cigarette. All leave interview room, video still rolling on empty room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx