Deceased/Not Found MI - Coral Hall, 14, Flint, 22 Sept 1998 - *L. Janish guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I did some research online and found out that Coral's godmother had went by another last name. And so I searched for her and she is in Mississippi, not Missouri. But I am having a hard time finding contact information for her. But I am glad that I know her full name now and her alias. My eyes are strained from staring at this computer screen for 4 hours straight. But maybe tomorrow I will have better luck and find what I need. If anyone knows of an actual Free Site! Let me know so I can find her contact info. Please help! Thank you!

At work about a month and a half ago we got an email from circuit attorney about a site spokeo.com that had personal info and how to remove us from it. I went to site and typed in my name and it gave my exact address and how long I had been living there. The only thing it got wrong was my marital status (I'm single and it listed me as married) and it put my education as unknown and I have a Masters. I looked for other people for a few hours and it was scary how accurate it was.

Thank you lieber32, I wil have some time tonight to spend on my research. I'll definitly check it out. I'll let you know if anything promising turns up. Thanks again!

Melissa, I think the CPS files are sealed because Coral is a minor, or was a minor when she went missing. I think the FOIA info which may be available would entail the missing persons reports and any police files on the case. Believe09 or Ron F might be able to help with that.

oh, and you are welcome for the help. That's what we're here for!

hugs!

hth

That is a good point. I do record checks and police reports and juvenile info cannot be given out. Sunshine Law at least in my state prohibts juvenile info being given out. Didn't think of that before for some reason although it is stressed a lot at work. If a juvenile is involved trust me I become way more vigilant. Only the birthdate can be left in (nothing else).

Lieber32, what would my request have to entail? I really don't know how to go about submitting a letter to the police using the FOIA. I wouldn't even know what to say to them to convince them that I have a ligitimate reason to have acess to Coral's case files. If you could please give me some help with that I would be greatful. Thank you.

And thank you for the website, I found a lot of people with that name. Hopefully the ones I found could be a possible match. The one I really wanted did not have the number though. I think my next step is going to be writing her a letter and see if she responds.

Lieber32, what would my request have to entail? I really don't know how to go about submitting a letter to the police using the FOIA. I wouldn't even know what to say to them to convince them that I have a ligitimate reason to have acess to Coral's case files. If you could please give me some help with that I would be greatful. Thank you.

believe09 is familiar with obtaining information via the FOIA.
You would not get anything from CPS but you may be able to obtain some information regarding the missing persons case via the FOIA. Hopefully believe09 can offer some additional information or assistance on utilizing the freedom of information act.

There is a recent case in Manistee, MI where the jaw bone of what is believed to be that of a young female. Believe to be a child, but no age range given via MSM. Possibly 9-12 yrs of age guessed by a WS'r based on the photo of the jaw bone along with online info regarding size of jaw and/or teeth.

Manistee is pretty far from Flint but I wanted to make sure those following Corals case were aware of this development.

Also, MSM articles indicate the location the jaw was found is not believed to be an old Indian burial ground.

Link to the WS thread regarding the unidentified likely female jaw here:

MI MI - Human remains found at Manistee contruction site - Nov.2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thank you Cubby, I was on here a few days ago for a brief time and read your post. I find it very interesting. I have been doing some research online about the jawbone found in Manistee, Mi. I read today that they didn't find any more bones other than the few bone fragments they found after the jaw bone. The case has been closed. I have to say it was pretty upsetting to hear. Even if this was not Coral, this was a child that is dead, and probably missing. They should at least test the jaw bone and other human bone fragments for DNA. Then submit the findings to Namus so if there is a possible mach the family can bury their child's remains. It is so sad that they don't seem to care. Is there something you know of I can do to try to get them to do this?

Ok, so the search for more bones in manistee has come to a hault but they are going to continue the investigation of the bones? Glad to hear that.

Ok, so the search for more bones in manistee has come to a hault but they are going to continue the investigation of the bones? Glad to hear that.

I can't say with certainty, but that is what I got from the article.
We'll keep an eye on it and see if the remains show up in NamUs, or any other ME (medical examiner) databases.... I'm sure it will take a bit of time for the ME to get more specifics such as possible age, race etc....

YW. Here is what the usual protocal is.... We'd wait and see what additional news comes out or what the ME in that county might add. It may be months before additional info comes out... but when info does come out it may be enough to rule out as a possible match to Coral with confidence, such as the remains found in Flint which were later determined to be from an old Indian Burial site.

We'll take it from there and if nothing comes out, we'll do what we can to ensure Coral is compared to this UID when the ME does get DNA back..... as there is really no other way to ID these partial remains other than with DNA. Though, honestly, the backlog for DNA can be a long time. 4-6-8 months would not be unusual. We will keep an eye on it though.

hth

I am just glad to hear that they are going to try to find out who the jawbone belongs to. It has to be from a missing child. If not it would have been buried in a cementary right?

I think they will -if they can obtain DNA, and depending on what further experts determine. It may be the intial news is later proved inaccurate... only time will tell.

I have been on the forensic astrology page a lot so I haven't posted anything new on here in a while but I found a website called Beenverified.com that has a 7 day free trial. So I got an account on there and Linda, Coral's godmother did live in Mississippi as I thought but she has since moved back to Michigan. There was a phone number I called but it was disconnected. but I did also obtain her address so I can write her a letter. Which was what I was going to do anyways cause I didn't have a number. But now I have the right, current, address. I am so happy that I finally got her right info. So I now am going to write her a letter and hope she writes me back. Also I think I found Melissa Pierce. I am not sure if it was a typo but that is not how to spell her last name. The reason I suspect this is because I found a Melissa Pearce with relatives with the last name (cant say but it starts with a D.) that used to be her madien name. The last name Coral gave me for Melissa that I wrote down in my mom's old phonebook. When she lived in Flint. But Ron Fonger said that she was living in Indiana when he interviewed her back in "08". I only found previous address for her in Michigan. There were 4 adresses named as prior and current resendence. I guess I have to write her a letter as well because there was no phone number for her.

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

I am just popping in to add my :twocents: of insights. Melissa and I have been brainstorming behind the scenes so to speak and I did think of something this morning. I want to post it because you are all so good here you can run anything down.

Coral lived with Granny, she may have gotten some kind of SSI for Coral. We know that someone, another friend by the name of Melissa took Coral to report abuse. If Granny was getting money for Coral or even not, Coral would have a SSnumber. So maybe the detectives could run that down. My point is, if she has one and it has never been used, then maybe that points to her not running away and they would be more open to re-investigating, or interviewing people, like the family, friends, neighbors again.

When I first heard about this case a few days ago, I was shocked and I cried. Every one deserves to be searched for, especially a 14 yr old little girl.

I have several train of thoughts going on.

One, if she was accidentally killed, at home, it would easy to just say she ran away because she was skipping school, lots of problem at home and claims of drug usage. Add in a older BF and cops just believe this is the case, no one is the wiser and no one ever looks for her. The thing is, if you aren't looking for a body, buried or stashed, you won't find one until somebody decides to dig in that area or stumbles on it.

So finding out if Granny got any checks for her is important. See if she had them stopped at any time because Coral wasn't living there.

I read on the missing site poster for her, she was returning a book to a neighbor, so was the neighbor interviewed, if so, did they check to see if a book was tossed in a trash can, because if she left with a book in hand, and never went upstairs to return it, where is the book. Also she had a bike, did she take it, or was it still home? Did she have money to leave. The site said she called a friend, how long before the friend realizes she is missing and the cops are called? I need to read through this site and others, but so many questions unanswered.

Even if AMW aired a story and pic of her, if she was in California or some place, maybe someone would call in and the mystery would be solved, but without any one looking, you won't get answers. I will write to anyone or do what I can, please let me know what we can do.

Does anyone know the year they started assigning SSN to newborns?

In reading this article I really was confused by this:

Article: http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/09/flint_michigan_ten_years.html

Statement: Janish said she isn't sure why the NCMEC believes her grandaughter may be in California, but Bob Russo, case manager for the organization's northeast region, said it was Janish who reported to them in 1998 that two adult men living in her home often made statements about taking Hall to California.

Why would a grandmother who had two adult males in the home and overheard this, be surprised that law enforcement thinks she may be in CA?? People constantly amaze me. I wish it was in a good way though.

Now doesn't this just raise the hair up on the back of your neck. Just starting to read here, all I can say is Wow and Why???? Why did she fall through the cracks?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susielarios
Back