Deceased/Not Found MI - Coral Hall, 14, Flint, 22 Sept 1998 - *L. Janish guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the update! I'm so glad to hear you're finally getting somewhere. Good luck!

Thank you ValerieKay, I want so bad to share my info and get everyone's input to help me put the pieces together. You all have helped me tremendously on Coral's case. And I feel like you could still help but it's hard to know what I can share. I just don't want to blow the case by saying something that I can't talk about.

TY Melissa. It's better to be cautious if you believe by sharing the info could impede Corals case.

Hopefully 2011 will be the year we get anwers to Corals disappearance. FWIW, there are nights I think about her case before I fall asleep and say a prayer or ask for a sign to help direct us to those answers we seek along with saying a prayer to let Coral know she is loved and missed.

hugs-

Go Melissa!!!

I haven't weighed in much on here but I've followed it. I think Coral is so lucky to have you as a friend. I'm thrilled you're getting answers.

I'm the same age as you and Coral and I couldn't imagine losing a friend at 14 under such weird circumstances and not know. It sounds like you finally have your answers and you know what? It's because of your relentlessness, need for answers and the "I won't take no for an answer" attitude that has lead you to this point. Let's hope you find Coral soon, and if she was hurt that those responsible are taken accountable.

And as for wanting to share info - we will wait patiently here for the time you are able to tell us. In the meantime, if in doubt - don't! :)

Thank you Claudette,
Your words of encouragement mean a lot to me. This has been a long, hard, time consuming process. And I never gave up and never will. I have to do this for me, but mostly for Coral. Sometimes it feels like no one that knew her really cared what happened to her except for me and Tanya. And Tanya and I have worked really hard to get where we are with Coral's case. I just hope that it doesn't stop here. I want the people responsible to pay for what they did to Coral. And I believe that someday they will. With a little help from Tanya and I.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still working on Coral's case. It is slow right now but progress takes time. Hopefully soon I will have an update for you guys. But things are looking up. It's amazing how much the police have told me about her case. I thought that they would never open up and share the information they have. But I am pleasantly surprised. There are great detectives working on her case and I think they will get to the botton of what happened to Coral. Please say a prayer for Coral, to find the anwsers that we are searching for.

Renewed hope boosts their morale :)

Glad to hear things are starting to turn.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still working on Coral's case. It is slow right now but progress takes time. Hopefully soon I will have an update for you guys. But things are looking up. It's amazing how much the police have told me about her case. I thought that they would never open up and share the information they have. But I am pleasantly surprised. There are great detectives working on her case and I think they will get to the botton of what happened to Coral. Please say a prayer for Coral, to find the anwsers that we are searching for.

Thanks for the update Melissa. I'm so glad you are making progress! And demonstrating your respect and willingness to keep confidential whatever you have been privy too with regards to working with LE. Keep that near and dear - it's not often civilians are entrusted and gain LE's confidence. Kudo's that you and Tanya have done so!

I keep Coral in my prayers and she crosses my mind several times a week.

hugs and keep up the awesome work!

Ohh my gosh so many missing people....the numbers are heartbreaking. 100,000 missing? 40,000 unidentified? So sad....

Hi Melissa.

I know you can't share specific details, but are things still moving forward? I've followed Coral's case off and on for a few years now, and I truly hope you find some answers one day.

Shecky, Thank you for caring,
The information that my friend and I have gathered and given to the police I believe has helped them know more details about what was going on in Coral's life and at home with granny. It is very sad that her grandmother faied her the way that she did. NO parental figure should even entertain the the idea, let alone do what she did to Coral. And her actions ultimately led to Coral's death I believe. The police have a clearer picture of what happened to Coral and now are trying to put the person/persons responsible behind bars. But to prove what we know is near impossible without evidence or Coral's body. But we will not give up hope. We will keep on going until her case is solved and she is laid to rest.

I knew coral back in 94/95 my mom babysat her all the time, I went to school with her same class etc...

I'm devastated by the fact shes missing... I still remember her grandmother not remotely a good person...

finding out her grandmother may be involved doesn't surprise me in the least...

I doubt she'd even remember me but I'll never forget her I still miss Coral

-James

James,
I am sure Coral would remember you. She had a memory like an elephant, lol. Glad to hear that there are people out there that still remember her and miss her. Not to many people do it seems. Thank you for your post.

Prayers for Coral and everyone working so hard keeping her memory alive until she is resting in Peace

Corals NamUs profile now has 5 stars, the highest rating available at NamUs for finding a possible match. The case file indicates DNA has been submitted and is complete, though it does not indicate what type of DNA is on file or where. This tells me DNA is somewhere which can be used to compare to UID's and has likely already been compared to UID's on file.

Dentals are also updated as having been received and entered.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/5406

Corals NamUs profile now has 5 stars, the highest rating available at NamUs for finding a possible match. The case file indicates DNA has been submitted and is complete, though it does not indicate what type of DNA is on file or where. This tells me DNA is somewhere which can be used to compare to UID's and has likely already been compared to UID's on file.

Dentals are also updated as having been received and entered.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/5406

Awesome news! Does that mean there have been no hits on UIDs with DNA on hand then, if she is still up?

I think it means the DNA is sufficient for comparison and on file. I think but am not certain it means DNA is in CODIS. To be certain we'd have to check with the detective handling the case or NCMEC, but it is good to know the DNA is available for comparison.

hth

Usually on NamUs, there is a list on the missing person's profile of UIDs that have been ruled out. I'm assuming that's standard, or I would hope so...

I am so happy that they have all that info on file now. I have been checking NAMUS myself to see if the DNA was done yet and was plesantly surprised to see that it was completed. I will see if the detective has put it in CODIS and let you guys know. It seems that her case has slowed down a bit but I know that the detective is doing everthing he can. He has interviewed a few more people and is working on getting the cadaver dog to search for Coral in the area that she disappeared. But I don't know when he will be doing it. It was scheduled a few weeks ago but then the dog was needed elsewhere so he had to wait a bit longer. He possibly could have already done it. I haven't spoken with him in a few weeks so I need to get ahold of him and find out. Thank you guys so much for your support and kind works. Without you, Coral's case wouldn't have gotten so far. You all have been a tremondus help, you don't even know!
Thank you!
Melissa

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95