MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an insider and I certainly have an open mind. All I'm saying is that we have no idea what part any of these agencies have contributed to the investigation. As I said, if SONIC put the word on the street for their snitches, they would be acknowledged.

I also don't know why some missing persons get more press and national/world coverage. we have to remember, Danielle disappeared on Friday and I think it was Holocene that said a missing persons didn't go out immediately. It was FIVE whole days after she went missing that a PC was held and the family/friends really organized and started blasting it, then it really started to get legs. We are behind the clock on Danielle's case because it was a few days before anyone outside the area even knew. Thankfully, it went viral. Danielle works , and by all accounts, was well liked for a multi-billion dollar company..I don't find it strange at all that they would offer a reward. I think its wonderful. I also think its wonderful that the complex did also.
When Sierah went missing, there were at the very least 10 different agencies involved (multi state and federal) and her reward was 100K with an extra 50K in the . We had the Attorney General of the state of Ohio come into town and the Governor making comments and being apprised of the situation. Sierah's story was national news within 36 hours of her disappearing. I had people messaging me from Australia and Ireland..and Sierah was found within 72 hours. All this happened within 72 hours of her being missing.
Sierah was a country girl, no family influence to politicos or press..it just really took off.
So it HAS happened before..and I'm sure there are many other instances also.
All I'm saying is that while I keep an open mind, and human trafficking is definitely something we ALL have to worry and think about, I'm really not on board with the witness protection/drug snitch/dealing things. I know some people are, but I'm not and I'm just pointing out that the agencies involved and rewards have happened before, it's really not an anomaly. Thankfully, for Danielle's friends and family, they are getting a lot of press now and that is what is needed if we want to find her. If she was trafficked, there is hope, she is alive and can be found.

<mod snip>

Did a little background on the guy providing the tip, I don't see any criminal element to him.

He's right that her path would lead to Rosa Parks Transit Center and People Mover station. Also a few blocks down is the Greyhound station. Greyhound and RPTC both recently built and assuredly have surveillance. People mover I'm not sure of, but it goes in a slow circle, not sure why she'd use it to get to any place of significance.

If she traveled down there herself, she wouldn't need to walk to either, it's not like Uber/Lyft drivers can't pull up in front. SMART busses lead right to RPTC and don't fit in the timeline. Someone dropping her off could drop her off at either.

If she's with someone else, wouldn't this guy have seen another figure?

You're going to have to check with Holocene, but I THINK she may have told us that this was vetted and discounted by LE. Don't hold me to that tho...Holo? Care to answer?

My thanks button is working randomly right now. So thanks for your posts. I am not cherry picking who I thank. I just keep trying it. Randomly.

Why is trafficking such a running theme on cases lately? I have a feeling it's being blown out of proportion and presented as a much bigger problem than it actually is.

My thanks button is working randomly right now. So thanks for your posts. I am not cherry picking who I thank. I just keep trying it. Randomly.

The site is hiccupping for me today.

Why is trafficking such a running theme on cases lately? I have a feeling it's being blown out of proportion and presented as a much bigger problem than it actually is.

Ever since the movies "Taken" and "Taken 2" came out, many people want to try and blame every missing young girl (and some older women) on sex trafficking. People fail to realize that the majority of the girls that get wrapped up in that are already vulnerable to drugs, sex, and the criminal element to begin with. The last thing sex traffickers would want is all of the heat that would come down on them because they decided to start scooping up soccer moms and elementary school teachers and attempting to turn them into sex slaves.

In missing person cases, how often are there usually searches for people?

What, in any scenario, could lead police to believe it's a trafficking case. Are there certain clues/evidence that leads more often into abduction/trafficking?

You're going to have to check with Holocene, but I THINK she may have told us that this was vetted and discounted by LE. Don't hold me to that tho...Holo? Care to answer?

Is Holocene a verified insider?

Ever since the movies "Taken" and "Taken 2" came out, many people want to try and blame every missing young girl (and some older women) on sex trafficking. People fail to realize that the majority of the girls that get wrapped up in that are already vulnerable to drugs, sex, and the criminal element to begin with. The last thing sex traffickers would want is all of the heat that would come down on them because they decided to start scooping up soccer moms and elementary school teachers and attempting to turn them into sex slaves.

^^^^^ This.

D
220 cases in Michigan this year.

Among what demographic? How many were homeless / runaways? How many were the victims of online predators who groomed them into trusting? How many were abducted off the street out of a normal happy life for the purpose of trafficking? Ages?

I saw the movie Taken. It opened my eyes to the dangers of naive American women traveling overseas. Syndicates preying upon women traveling alone, white slavery intended to cater to men with too much money and zero moral compass. Domestic trafficking to me has always been the down and out, some in the life by choice, others because it feeds a habit. Red light district, street corner, pimped out and pumped up on heroin. Runaways, criminal element, transient, homeless, easy targets, not likely to be missed or have their faces plastered on the nightly news. JMO

Hello again. I know it was brought to LE's attention by Sunday, December 4th, but that's all I know at the moment. I don't know if it's been discounted. Possible, but I'm not sure.

This is why I am not entirely sure I buy this Private Investigator who claims they have "inside information" linking Danielle's disappearance to human trafficking. He cites the movie Taken as a reference point for trafficking operations and that's just not how they generally operate. Taken has always come across as a play on white fear of "otherness" and misinformation. Furthermore, this Investigator then cites "human trafficking cases" at Great Lakes Crossing, claiming it's been a pervasive problem; stating girls are flirtatiously lured into the lot and then "taken" just like the otherwise silly movie by the same name. And they're right, but not about the cases being a problem, but the spread of misinformation in reference to Great Lakes Crossing. Fake news has become overly problematic, particularly in this last year. Fake news stories such as this one, you might think, would have been vetted by a so-called Private Investigator. Maybe I'm wrong and this person has information that could help. I hope so. However, my gut is telling me this is trolling:

http://www.snopes.com/great-lakes-crossing-human-trafficking-rumor/

Holocene have you reached out to the mods to be considered a verified insider? I would like to be able to discuss things with you but until you are all discussions have to be verifiable by msm.
It would be huge for us to be able to chat about things with you freely.
Can you please go thru the process!

There is a lot of human trafficking going on in Michigan. Lots of rings getting taken out, but still lots of work to be done.

In practically every Michigan missing young woman's case that I've followed recently (last few years), the notion of trafficking has been explored. That said, in the cases that have been resolved (sadly, most of these women were found deceased), none of them turned out to be victims of human trafficking. Most met their demise at the hands of someone they knew, even if only casually. I'm not going to jump to conclusions about what happened to Danielle, but human trafficking is not at the top of my shortlist of possibilities. :moo:

I thought the same thing at first re: Elizabeth Hock--since the Haggerty Home Depot is not far from Halsted and Grand River (apologize out of staters, but google maps can show you this). I first thought maybe serial rapist/murderer in Farmington Hills area because they two even looked alike, and it seems strange to goto a Home Depot roof to commit suicide. All I can add is Farmington Hills PD seems convinced Hock was a suicide, and is not related, but again seems intuitively like there should be more to it.

I too noticed the physical similarities between DS & EH and I agree that it is beyond bizarre that a single woman who lived alone would go through all the trouble to climb onto a roof to commit suicide. Also, information re: EH's disappearance/death has been almost swept under the rug. There have been very little updates since her body was found. With that said, I think it is unlikely that a murderer would drag a victim up on to a roof...

In practically every Michigan missing young woman's case that I've followed recently (last few years), the notion of trafficking has been explored. That said, in the cases that have been resolved (sadly, most of these women were found deceased), none of them turned out to be victims of human trafficking. Most met their demise at the hands of someone they knew, even if only casually. I'm not going to jump to conclusions about what happened to Danielle, but human trafficking is not at the top of my shortlist of possibilities. :moo:

Yes. The most common and likely scenario is not trafficking. Abduction and murder are almost always committed by someone they know, and not for the purpose of sex trafficking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse