MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is someone saw the post here, or someone asked about the jacket and they edited to include it. I wonder if they think a jacket would be more obvious and therefore less need to "watch out for". Idk, I had hoped it meant they had it. :(

Just checked the FDS Facebook page and it looks like the post has been updated to now include the jacket. All of this attention on the jacket leads me to believe they do have it. To me, editing the original post to add the jacket was done to not call attention to the fact that it was originally left out. Of course could be a totally innocent mistake but seems like there's more to this.
attachment.php

Wow, they say "of course, the jacket". I didn't notice the jacket wasn't in the original post. I just thought they were posting about the smaller items now that the weather has been so nice again. I wonder what's with this jacket...did they maybe find a piece of it somewhere...Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were so focused on the smoke buddy keychain and here the entire ring, fob, etc was with it. :/

I login to many apps on my phone that track my location: waze, Google maps, Facebook, etc. If only there were a way to get this info offline, from a synced cloud or old login on a computer...

I login to many apps on my phone that track my location: waze, Google maps, Facebook, etc. If only there were a way to get this info offline, from a synced cloud or old login on a computer...

I was thinking the same thing.
It was stated early on that because she had a prepaid phone, that it was untrackable.
I don't know much about using a prepaid phone but I can tell from the images of her phone that it was a smartphone. When my son was a teen we got him a virgin mobile phone that required a prepaid card to be added to the phone each month instead of a traditional phone bill. His phone had all the features that my Galaxy phone through att had. He had Google maps, and other various apps that could easily track location.
Even though they claim they can't track the phone itself, still shouldn't they be able to track the apps from within the phone? For example, she would've had Google maps on the phone. During my day, if I go into Google map, it shows me my location. In my feed, it shows me where I parked my car based on the GPS coordinates from where my phone pinged. All of this would be available on a boost mobile, virgin mobile, metro pcs , Verizon prepaid pay as you go, and so on. So they say they can't track the phone but surely certain apps would indicate the last location before the phone was turned off???? FBI is involved in this case and I'd be willing to bet that they could see about accessing that info.
For all we know though, they probably have tried that by now.

Random idea, which may have been mentioned already...perhaps they want the smoke buddy charm for DNA purposes? If it's something you put up to your mouth and lips it would most likely be a good source for DNA.

I was thinking the same thing.
It was stated early on that because she had a prepaid phone, that it was untrackable.
I don't know much about using a prepaid phone but I can tell from the images of her phone that it was a smartphone. When my son was a teen we got him a virgin mobile phone that required a prepaid card to be added to the phone each month instead of a traditional phone bill. His phone had all the features that my Galaxy phone through att had. He had Google maps, and other various apps that could easily track location.
Even though they claim they can't track the phone itself, still shouldn't they be able to track the apps from within the phone? For example, she would've had Google maps on the phone. During my day, if I go into Google map, it shows me my location. In my feed, it shows me where I parked my car based on the GPS coordinates from where my phone pinged. All of this would be available on a boost mobile, virgin mobile, metro pcs , Verizon prepaid pay as you go, and so on. So they say they can't track the phone but surely certain apps would indicate the last location before the phone was turned off???? FBI is involved in this case and I'd be willing to bet that they could see about accessing that info.
For all we know though, they probably have tried that by now.

Could of lead them to SG home in the first place.....might also be why they don't believe Dani parked her car herself....

Random idea, which may have been mentioned already...perhaps they want the smoke buddy charm for DNA purposes? If it's something you put up to your mouth and lips it would most likely be a good source for DNA.

It is not a smoke device. It was a gift that was packaged with the actual smoke buddy which is like a pipe. The little guy has no paraphernalia purpose.

Temperatures in these parts will be close to 60* this weekend. There will probably be lots of folks out and about after the long, cold winter. Frozen areas like ponds, retention basins, small lakes have begun thawing, and there is practically no snow left except in well-shaded spots. I hope locals will be on the lookout for the missing items that could provide evidence in the case.

Could of lead them to SG home in the first place.....might also be why they don't believe Dani parked her car herself....

Yep that's exactly what I was wondering.
Even though the phone itself is claimed to be untrackable, I'm fairly certain that the apps within the phone could be.
At any given time I can look in my Google feed and see where I was parked an hour ago. It even gives me suggestions about the places around me ( for example- Kohl's department store is located at xxxx and opens at ....) So I think it's reasonable to assume that the FBI could see about accessing that info.

Temperatures in these parts will be close to 60* this weekend. There will probably be lots of folks out and about after the long, cold winter. Frozen areas like ponds, retention basins, small lakes have begun thawing, and there is practically no snow left except in well-shaded spots. I hope locals will be on the lookout for the missing items that could provide evidence in the case.

Yes! I noticed last night walking the snow piles in business parking lots are almost melted to ground. Hoping everyone will be on the lookout!

It would be absolutely fantastic if the missing items where located now that the weather is beginning to change!

I'd imagine the jacket wouldn't be hiding in a snow pile unless there was much more in that location, if you know what I mean. The little items seem like they could be more likely to be lost in the snow. Even if Dani knew she was in trouble and dropped one of these items to serve as a clue, it could have been plowed into a pile.

I wish she'd come home. :(

The only way to have google give a percise tracking of your phone is by being signed into Google and have your phone set to the Share My Location feature.

This means that Google has the means of accessing your phone at anytime and are able to give you phone location updates on your map timeline. So most LE can only get pings from a phone until they contact Google to access that information.

But if these people have basic phones and they haven't set up any tracking options such as Google or Find My IPhone. Then its a good chance that LE could only see basic ping movement.

Let's talk hypothetically, since we can't verify these ideas one way or another.
But we know that DS had a smartphone. We also know she used social media. We don't know if she accessed socal media from her phone or used a PC but I would say that most people that use social media may have added pictures from their smartphones because it's so simple and quick . So it isn't out of the realm of possibility that she had her Google acct set up on her smartphone. If she possibly did have Google Gmail accts set up on the phone, I really believe that they could at least see the last location before the phone was turned off.
I know that not every young person is tech savvy but I'd be willing to bet that Many in her age bracket have Google set up on their phones.

Let's talk hypothetically, since we can't verify these ideas one way or another.
But we know that DS had a smartphone. We also know she used social media. We don't know if she accessed socal media from her phone or used a PC but I would say that most people that use social media may have added pictures from their smartphones because it's so simple and quick . So it isn't out of the realm of possibility that she had her Google acct set up on her smartphone. If she possibly did have Google Gmail accts set up on the phone, I really believe that they could at least see the last location before the phone was turned off.
I know that not every young person is tech savvy but I'd be willing to bet that Many in her age bracket have Google set up on their phones.

Thats what I thought as well since I had my smartphone and Google account for years. But last week I tried to locate my phone movements for fun after finding out that Google can track your phone.

So I went to Google maps and then my timeline and nothing was there. So after googling why. I then realized that I never manually had set up the Share My Location Feature. Lol

Now I guess I never did it because I actually didn't think about it when originally setting up my phone. Plus people sometimes don't access the feature because they think sharing the location may be a bad idea even if it's not.

So anyways. I finally did my settings last week and Bam.

I now see every place that my phone has been and for how long and which streets were taken to get there. Lol

So Imo. We can't assume that every person with a smartphone and Google account has it set up correctly. Jmo

I agree. I believe LE found jacket. Interesting about parking lots. Might be wise to map major parking lots maybe office complexes between ML and her home and ML and Berkley. Leaning towards Berkley based on LE asking if neighbors noticed her car there and that perhaps jacket was found in his possession .
Edit- her car was parked though at apartment... needle in haystack

Mapping parking lots between those points would be an arduous task. So many businesses/building complexes, shopping centers, strip malls, medical facilities, etc. - all with surface parking lots or structures. I do think it's a good idea to pay attention to parking areas now that snow has melted. If small items were tossed haphazardly when there were huge mounds of snow in parking lots, such items would be easily recovered.

Thats what I thought as well since I had my smartphone and Google account for years. But last week I tried to locate my phone movements for fun after finding out that Google can track your phone.

So I went to Google maps and then my timeline and nothing was there. So after googling why. I then realized that I never manually had set up the Share My Location Feature. Lol

Now I guess I never did it because I actually didn't think about it when originally setting up my phone. Plus people sometimes don't access the feature because they think sharing the location may be a bad idea even if it's not.

So anyways. I finally did my settings last week and Bam.

I now see every place that my phone has been and for how long and which streets were taken to get there. Lol

So Imo. We can't assume that every person with a smartphone and Google account has it set up correctly. Jmo

That's an excellent point and great description!

I think it's fairly safe to assume her phone can be traced.

The only way a phone can't be traced theoretically is if she paid with cash for the phone and pays for minutes with cash and never input any personal details in the phone when she activated it and never used it at home or at work and got a new number on a regular basis.

I don't think she was trying to avoid government spying or doing drug deals out of MetLife, so hers is likely set up just like mine (also prepaid).

I typed in all of my personal info when I set it up. I have an ATT account online that I used to set up autopay for my monthly plan that has my credit card info and address and everything else. I can pull up every call, text, voicemail, and data usage every month. I can see who I called/texted, who texted/called me, and who left the voicemail.

My phone came standard with Google stuff already installed, plus the app store. It's tied to my personal gmail email address.

They have her number. Once they have her number, I'm guessing they have access to everything the provider has on record, which I'm also guessing is the exact same as what a postpaid, non-burner account would have. Even if her name and no identifying personal information is tied to the phone itself, they can see where it was used, when it was used, who it called, etc.

Using a "burner" just makes it tougher if you don't want to be traced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne