MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking out loud here-
If I went missing today, I may not be reported missing until the next day either because I'm an adult with my own car, job, personal life. So friends and family may assume that something came up at work, or another friend may have had an emergency or something of that nature if I didn't answer my phone one night. I doubt they'd go right to the police either honestly. So I can kinda see why she wasn't reported missing until the next day.

I do agree with this however she was having dinner with her bff, texted how she asked to leave early from work , never showed. Then was to work at 8 am the next morning to teach training and never showed. No replies to texts from her bff. Red flags... 24 hours seems like an extremely long time when you have confirmed plans with friend and work obligations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thinking out loud here-
If I went missing today, I may not be reported missing until the next day either because I'm an adult with my own car, job, personal life. So friends and family may assume that something came up at work, or another friend may have had an emergency or something of that nature if I didn't answer my phone one night. I doubt they'd go right to the police either honestly. So I can kinda see why she wasn't reported missing until the next day.

I'm with you on an ordinary run of the mill day...but you have plans to cook dinner and sleep over someone's house....isn't that different? You're expected at 8am to lead a training session at work...

Just saying, it's an interesting time lapse in my opinion...

I read it as a post, here. Will see if I can find it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

You won't. It was a comment on an article that held no merit and can't be used in WS anyhow.

I do agree with this however she was having dinner with her bff, texted how she asked to leave early from work , never showed. Then was to work at 8 am the next morning to teach training and never showed. No replies to texts from her bff. Red flags... 24 hours seems like an extremely long time when you have confirmed plans with friend and work obligations.

Yes. It took almost 24 hours for her family or the police to be alerted despite texting her friend she was packing up and leaving work at 4:30ish.

On a typical day, it is possible that many would not recognize a single adult is missing for at least a day, possibly even days depending on their routines and relationships with others. In this case, it seems that it was obvious within an hour or so given the last communication and plans. JMO. Definitely an elephant in the room. MOO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Me thinks yes.

Sometimes it's our own elephant we can't move away to make things seam a little clearer. This doesn't apply here. but what if FG's was only a dropping off place and just doing what he was told to do. GOD only knows where things went from there. Feeling so strongly there is a middle man . whether it be him or someone else that was there that night. Just trying to piece together why so many agencies have been involved in looking for one single girl. Feeling it goes far deeper than just a short relationship between two people.

I'm with you on an ordinary run of the mill day...but you have plans to cook dinner and sleep over someone's house....isn't that different? You're expected at 8am to lead a training session at work...

Just saying, it's an interesting time lapse in my opinion...
And why agree to either take, meet or whatever to SG's home (unless it was on the way) and then go inside his home for whatever reason, when she purposely took off early to be with her bff? As someone mentioned, she's a nice girl who wouldn't hesitate to help an acquaintance with a favor......but.

Is there a map of where she left and where she was supposed to end up with a stop at SG's house? Does it make sense?

And even though the bff may have been extremely worried, would police (If she called them) have taken it seriously until 24 hours had passed?

Yes. It took almost 24 hours for her family or the police to be alerted despite texting her friend she was packing up and leaving work at 4:30ish.

On a typical day, it is possible that many would not recognize a single adult is missing for at least a day, possibly even days depending on their routines and relationships with others. In this case, it seems that it was obvious within an hour or so given the last communication and plans. JMO. Definitely an elephant in the room. MOO.

A big white one...

It would definitely be out of the way for DS to drive to SG's home. On a Friday evening during rush hour, local folks have stated it would take 45 minutes to an hour....

I can see where the BFF wouldn't call the police right away, but I would have definitely been calling/texting my friend and then perhaps driving to her apartment to check on her.

I feel foolish. I have my speculations but it's not a big elephant. Perhaps I'm missing something.

And why agree to either take, meet or whatever to SG's home (unless it was on the way) and then go inside his home for whatever reason, when she purposely took off early to be with her bff? As someone mentioned, she's a nice girl who wouldn't hesitate to help an acquaintance with a favor......but.

Is there a map of where she left and where she was supposed to end up with a stop at SG's house? Does it make sense?

And even though the bff may have been extremely worried, would police (If she called them) have taken it seriously until 24 hours had passed?

I don't have a map handy but I know many were created in earlier threads. SG's home was definitely out of the way. She was allegedly going home to grab a bag [of clothes] and then going to her friend's.
Typically LE may not file a missing persons report for 24 hours or more unless there is suspected foul play - i.e., vehicle parked with purse still in it and no sign of DS. Jmo.

I feel foolish. I have my speculations but it's not a big elephant. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Why do you feel foolish?!

Why do you feel foolish?!

Because I'm missing something that seems obvious to others.

Also totally out of way. Southfield to berkley- 15 minutes, Southfield to Livonia 20 minutes, berkley to Livonia 30 minutes ( without Friday crazy traffic)

Because I'm missing something that seems obvious to others.

Also totally out of way. Southfield to berkley- 15 minutes, Southfield to Livonia 20 minutes, berkley to Livonia 30 minutes ( without Friday crazy traffic)

So, what are your speculations?
Maybe you're the one seeing the
obvious while others are not.

Without a doubt in my mind, I think her BFF is in agony that she didn't raise red flags of her missing their date sooner. But as a best friend to many friends, I can stay that I too would have given my best friend the benefit of the doubt. I would think "She ditches me and her phone goes dead, well this is going to be a good story". As a BFF, you could probably think of at least 5 possible scenarios that could have come up. But when you still don't hear from her the next day, then you officially freak out which is what the BFF did.

The sad reality is that even if the BFF had raised a red flag sooner, LE or others wouldn't have taken it seriously because it's such a short period of time that there's probably a logical explanation.

All JMO

Hindsight is always 20-20.
What we think we would do is sometimes different then what is actually done in these types of situations.
I don't think anyone here is blaming anyone for not calling sooner, like I said hindsight is always 20-20.

Everyone may react differently to the same circumstances and hindsight is indeed 20-20.
With my own comment above, I am applying my own logic and perspective to certain elements of a case - it may not be agreeable but is how I try to make sense of the limited information available.

I can understand not calling police straight away but I would be concerned if after an hour or two, no call or text to postpone or cancel our plans especially if the last contact was to say in essence *on my way after a quick stop at apartment*. The last thing I know is dinner plans are still on and you are a no show. That would be alarming to me after a certain point and I would be texting and calling and trying to get a hold of you and then ultimately driving to your apartment on the same night. Why? Because I am concerned for you - you are not known to be flaky and ignorant. No answer at your door? I'd be calling police right there on the doorstep.

I agree with your thought of your actions and I think the majority of women would feel similar.

So if that's a semi popular opinion how about we sauce out why it didn't happen.....

Was it because she knew where Dani was headed And Why?

Was it because Dani pulled these stunts all the times and a flake out isn't an alarm?

Any other thoughts?

I agree and think because it's the starting point of the story, it's understandable that people want to explore from the beginning again.
Like mentioned above, sometimes it's helpful to start from the beginning and look at every angle just to see if something was overlooked.
I doubt anyone here ( or anywhere) blames the friend for DSs disappearance or believes that she's responsible in any way.

I agree with your thought of your actions and I think the majority of women would feel similar.

So if that's a semi popular opinion how about we sauce out why it didn't happen.....

Was it because she knew where Dani was headed And Why?

Was it because Dani pulled these stunts all the times and a flake out isn't an alarm?

Any other thoughts?

Could be that the friend was tired or distracted or just not being mindful at the time for any number of reasons. Maybe she is flaky at times and more inclined to think "I wonder where she has got to" but is more laid back and not necessarily a worrier.

I've thought about her possibly knowing why Dani was late and a no show but I'm pretty confident that she would have revealed all she knows especially as her disappearance turned to weeks and now sadly, months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member