MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was posted -

NEWSER) – A 28-year-old MetLife employee in Southfield, Mich., has been missing since she left work around 5pm on Dec. 2, and as the days crawl by, her parents fear their oldest of four has been the target of foul play. Danielle Stislicki is a "people person" who's both "responsible and conscientious" and has "a lot of plans," her parents tell the Huffington Post. They're holding out hope, but her father says he's not expecting a "100% happy ending." Stislicki was supposed to meet up with a friend for dinner after work, but when she didn't show, the friend assumed she'd just gone to bed. The next morning, however, the friend went to Stislicki's apartment building and found her 2015 Jeep Renegade still parked outside, with a full wallet and other personal belongings still inside. The FBI, Secret Service, and local sheriff's office are coordinating the investigation.

"If she would have gotten out of her car at her apartment building and if someone was there and asked her for help, she would have been that outgoing person who would give someone directions or help someone find a lost pet," a friend tells People. Stislicki's parents have maintained a Facebook page, passed out fliers, and held a candlelight vigil attended by hundreds. MetLife is offering $50,000 for her safe return, and her apartment building is offering another $50,000, while a page has raised more than $25,000. "We just want to make sure we stand at the highest mountain and scream her name until she comes home," her mother says. (A missing woman was just found in Ohio.)

http://www.newser.com/story/235416/metlife-employee-disappears-without-a-trace.html

I'm still not 100% sure where I stand on this whole case. On the one hand, I find it incredibly rare and horrifying if true, that she went missing between her car and her apartment. This only works for me if someone picked her up (which makes complete sense - I would leave my belongings behind if it were to be a "quick" trip.) On the other hand, I don't feel that she left on her own or committed suicide.

Unfortunately, I think if someone did take her, I believe they have harmed her. I don't think she is being "kept" anywhere.

Still not sure if this is someone she knew or random. In my gut and it can change in 2.5 seconds, I feel that it's random.

A camera possibly from a business right near the entrance of the apts could hold the best clues. Someone entered or exited with her. Even if they live there it's likely they moved her.

It is possible someone moved her on foot, LE stated they have only searched some of the woods around apt.

Just a thought...maybe they are not releasing camara info or roads taken because they really do know what has happened...no need to alert the public with details they already know? Remember their 1st statement...interested in keeping her safe?
I suspect this might be the case, which would also explain why no large-scale searches have taken place.
The public doesn't need to know anything that might compromise an investigation.

What's the general consensus at this point?

1. Abducted by someone who knows her: still alive
2. Abducted by someone who knows her: now deceased
3. Abducted by someone who does NOT know her: alive
4. Abducted by someone who does NOT know her: now deceased
5. Killed immediately and body hidden/moved
6. Left/missing of her own accord: still alive
7. Left/missing of her own accord: now deceased
8. Other

8. Other

I am going with 1 because I prefer hope. Might be 2 but I won't say that. I want to stay positive!!

I've just tried and can't seem to find how to actually launch a poll... I'm on my phone, so this may be an issue? I will try later when I'm at my laptop. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :) It's always helpful (I find) to get a feel for the consensus.

Don't know about using a phone for the poll. I'm sure a moderator would help. I've tried to do some on my own but usually end up sending the poll info to a mod for posting on the special forum ;)

BTW, I'm hanging to hope for #1, but as more time passes, I'm looking at #2.

8. Other
#2. I'm praying it's #1.

sorry for the redundancy if already posted - just some highlights that I felt haven't been posted (or remembered reading!)

She has a lot of plans,” the distraught father told HuffPost. “She was really looking forward to helping her grandmother do Christmas decorating, so it makes the most sense that whatever happened was against her will.”

**which indicates to me - no reason to leave on her own accord.

“It’s terrible, because there are two outcomes that could come from a situation like this,” he said. “If she’s alive, it’s obvious she’ll be traumatized after this. And while we would prefer that over not having her at all, both scenarios are terrible things to consider. We already know that there is going to be sadness, no matter which way it turns out.”

**IMO, the original thought of her being "kept" was more of an optimistic approach and possible reality is now settling in - and he's right - it is sad.

Stislicki was last seen around 5 p.m. on Dec. 2, when she left MetLife in Southfield, where she works alongside her mother as a consultant. The young woman planned to stop at her Farmington Hills residence before meeting up with her best friend for dinner.

**I've worked for companies where a consultant is someone brought in short term to lead projects - or maybe she's an expert at what she does - not sure it really matters - just posting.

“Her friend assumed she had gone to sleep after work,” Stislicki’s father said.

**While I don't point fingers at her friend whatsoever, I am the worrying type so I would have called and called and eventually escalated the issue but I realize that I'm on the ultra conservative side of worry and anxiety. I do have to wonder if they had any leading up to the day conversations where Danielle talked of being exhausted, not feeling well, etc. If so, I would understand the assumption of her falling asleep.

“We’re worried because she is the type of person who will help somebody if they need assistance,” said Rich Stislicki, who believes something might have happened to his daughter after she arrived at her apartment complex. “If you run into the wrong person that can be unfortunate.”

**Sounds like she did arrive at the complex in her vehicle in which she parked. Was she followed? Did she enter another apartment? Did someone pre-plan an attack? (if so - why didn't anyone hear, scream - why no signs of struggle?)

He added, “The apparel she wore to work was not conducive to being outside very long.”

**Did they ever release photos or description of her full outfit that day? I've seen various pictures - is her hair long or short now?

“We’ve searched the entire grounds at Independence Green Apartments,” Nebus told reporters. “We searched buildings and basements and the grounds there. We also searched some wooded areas.”

**Ok, this is good - would a dog help in this case?

“You become weak and you feel like you can’t push any further and there’s something there and there’s a Facebook post and there’s someone saying, ‘I’m getting you this, I’m finding you the opportunity to go ahead and put her face and the information on a bulletin board,’” Stislicki’s mother told supporters gathered at the event. “That is the support that, although you may not know it, that has been what has kept us going.”

**Her poor mom. Breaks my heart.. truly.

“This is the kind of case where it serves no purpose to tell anybody what kind of leads we have or anything, [because it would] tell the person who might be responsible for a crime what we know and don’t know,” the police chief said.

**What are your thoughts on THIS ^^^^??

Instead, Nebus is asking the public for help in developing leads in the case. His agency wants to speak with anyone who may have observed Stislicki or her vehicle on Dec. 2. Investigators are also seeking anyone who may have seen or found her keychain with a charm and two keys or her Samsung Galaxy Core Prime cellphone, which she keeps in a rose-colored case.

*** Sorry for the long winded post. Wish I were close and could help more.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/danielle-stislicki-disappearance_us_58502bc9e4b04c8e2bb207d1

I also prefer some reasoning behind why they'd take HER. I feel that reasoning it out specifically in her scenario will lead us somewhere faster than coming up with random, "what if" scenarios.

I'm going to be looking through her instagram posts/likes/tags to see if there's anyone or anything that might have come and gone from her life.
The WHY would be/is key here. It might be very personal and none of the pubic's business. The LE and family might have the WHY but don't have the HOW and WHERE and NOW WHAT scenarios. That would make sense of the urgent pleas for her safety. I found subtle things in her IG account that to me, if looking at it with a specific idea in mind, made sense. But nothing that I would speculate on out loud because nothing is for sure.

8. Other

I know EXACTLY which one it is, but I'm not going to say it here, or tell anybody in this forum the correct answer. I will never say it, even if it becomes totally obvious which one it is.

Releasing my knowledge at this point might jeopardize the integrity of the case , I've decided to use law enforcement as a role model and follow their example.

Some may be inclined to ask, "Hey Idiot, why would it hurt to say what your theory is ? ".

Don't ask that question here.........nope..............ask it at the next press conference related to this case.

The WHY would be/is key here. It might be very personal and none of the pubic's business. The LE and family might have the WHY but don't have the HOW and WHERE and NOW WHAT scenarios. That would make sense of the urgent pleas for her safety. I found subtle things in her IG account that to me, if looking at it with a specific idea in mind, made sense. But nothing that I would speculate on out loud because nothing is for sure.

I think the WHY is the whole case at this point. I don't think we can say anything without a WHY. They clearly know the WHO. I can't do anything to help and I live in the area.

But who that she knows? I really think we've honed in on this angle.

I think today we should try to figure out the reasons someone would want to take her and hold her for this long.

Most likely someone not known by anyone else in her life...not someone she sees in the company of her circle....

8. Other

2 & 5

So let's work backwards. What are some Why's and what sort of people do they narrow down toward?

I suspect this might be the case, which would also explain why no large-scale searches have taken place.
The public doesn't need to know anything that might compromise an investigation.

Well, that's how I feel as well , but I got grief for it a page or so ago [emoji848]

Hello, all. Maybe someone suggested this already, I'm not sure, as I have not read every single post. Is it possible that she was taking part in a sting? That way the police would know who she was with, but not where they had gone to possibly. Maybe the person figured out it was a sting and took Danielle somewhere. It has happened in the past; remember the girl from North Florida? Maybe he was able to evade the police while Danielle was with him, and now they have no idea where either of them are? Could this be it? Thanks everyone. Katt

Well, that's how I feel as well , but I got grief for it a page or so ago [emoji848]

Maybe it's my turn! It's always someone's turn to take flack. Fortunately, I stopped paying attention to that stuff in about 1996. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC