MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then we have AtomicAngela on post #263 stating that she spoke with another resident in that general area and that person didn't even know someone was missing - i.e., she wasn't interviewed by LE. It may be someone no one else is aware of. But then again, there may be that one person who remembers a pool party or gathering, but if LE doesn't talk to the residents they won't find it. To use that sports quote from Wayne Gretzky, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

If I was a detective in charge of this case, I would have gathered up every single resident that lives in that complex and had them meet in the club house. Anybody that was home on that Friday and anybody that spent the night at home on Friday night would definitely need to be there. I would ask them as a group what they may or may not have seen. If all of these "strangers" were to do a little talking and interacting between each other, you might be shocked what information would come to light. People that live in close quarters to each other hear things and observe things on a daily basis. It's not just important what happened that day, it's also things that may have occurred weeks or months prior to that day.

For example, if they got these people talking among themselves, someone may have seen "a dude" coming or going from her apartment prior to her disappearing. Somebody else might have seen the same guy and what he was driving. The people living catty-corner from her may have heard yelling coming from her apartment recently. Some nurse in unit #270 may be aware that she and a local resident sat by the pool a lot this last summer and were seen in each others company around the complex......and blah blah.....blah blah......blah.
And last but not least, another resident may have seen her coming and going from the apartment right next door, but never brought it up because it didn't seem important because the guy moved out about the time she vanished.

You see......that's what I would do if I was running this circus.

Don't count on it to ever happening though....................ever.

Also, going back nothing is posted by her from the page, just wanted to be clear, it is just the many post tagged by her friends and family that shows up. So somehow if the page was created after facebook acknowledged all the pictures she was tagged in and linked the new page to them. I was just intrigued that was even a feature. But, I did try with one of my pictures to tag a random unknown name, it does allow it. I am guessing since the name is exactly tagged the same as her facebook page name was created they linked. But, again that means everyone since then purposely tagged her full name including her middle name all this time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yes, you can tag someone who either has NO account or has a deactivated account, and the typed tag will show up, but as black-type--no blue link. I've done it with my kids' accounts, and I've tagged pet or nonsense names just for a joke on photos (that show up black type). When I've tagged my child's name when deactivated, I hadn't noticed that that tag returned to a blue link once they reactivated...though it may have. Nor do I believe that a tag for a previously nonexistent account would suddenly turn into a blue link when a person by that name started an account. That was what made me curious.

But all that's moot if the photos were all put there and tagged after Dec 6, so my curiosity has been addressed. :)

Thanks, Holocene! I don't think it's extremely odd that she wasn't an active FB user. I am not being critical of her father, I can't even begin to imagine what he is going through. But IMO, when posts are deleted on the HFDS page, it causes people to be suspicious of "why" the family didn't want the information made public. I'm not referring to posts that would be disrespectful to DS, but ones that give tips that could trigger someone to remember something they may have seen. It's highly possible that the tips could interfere with the investigation or implicate innocent parties (in which case I fully support the deleting), just saying it may give some an uneasy feeling. Rumor, of course, but referring specifically to a post of a house being broken in on the night of her abduction in which someone claims to have seen her. All stated is MOO.

I don't think it's odd if she didn't have a FB account (or seldom used it). Especially if she's traditionally had only a burner phone, that's in keeping with her being a more private individual. For all its positive qualities (keeping in touch with family and friends), FB can be a huge privacy risk, even if you don't fill in all the info it keeps prompting you to supply. I have more than one friend/relative who does not have a FB account due to wanting to stay under the radar (for various reasons...but one, in particular, has a volatile stalker-ex situation). My own FB account is under a pseudonym known to friends/family for a similar reason.

There's a part on the page where you can select a year and month and it will take you to posts of that time faster than scrolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, very handy and good to know about.

I just looked at all of the photos Danielle is tagged in (via the "Danielle Ann Stislicki" account her father set up) on FB, and every single photo was posted on December 6th or later, which coincides with the time the account was established (very first post on the "DAS" page is from Dec. 7th, presumably by Danielle's father). I am no FB expert by any means, but I think it is fair to say there is nothing nefarious going on here.

I don't want to get into any trouble, so no links, but for those who may be interested, just enter "Danielle Ann Stislicki" in the search box on FB, click on the "Photos" tab, and and all of the photos in which Danielle is tagged show up.
I need to become more familiar with the rules if I could show screenshots I would but I assume it is not allowed. I genuinely am not arguing against anyone in regard to this, I just am sharing what I know, if the facebook page was made after, that may be. I am not sure what is visible to those who have not been added as a friend thus far. But, images do in fact go back as far as 2011 with her named tagged and attached to her facebook. These are images her friends and family tagged her on, nothing that was posted from her page directly before the disappearance. Her timeline does go as far back as 2011, with many pictures she was tagged in is all that stood out. It is very clear she was not an active facebook user, I did not want to stir any drama in regard to it, again I truely just was unaware that with a newly created facebook page pictures would go back so far if someone tagged them previous to them creating the page.

Don't worry, everyone. I promise I'm not offended. I sincerely appreciate all that everyone here is doing. Sleuth away. I hope Danielle is found soon. My heart is very heavy about it at this point, but trying to remain optimistic.

Hugs, thoughts, prayers, whatever you believe in coming your way (and to all friends and family)

Speaking of websites/social media, is anyone following Danielle's case a member of this candle-lighting site: http://gratefulness.org/light-a-candle?There is currently no candle for Danielle, but it might be a nice gesture for those of us who have been active in the pursuit to find Danielle. I learned about the candle-lighting site from members here who started candles in other cases and encouraged others to participate.

I've been lighting votive candles nightly in my home and :praying: for Danielle's safe return to her family and loved ones.

Also, going back nothing is posted by her from the page, just wanted to be clear, it is just the many post tagged by her friends and family that shows up. So somehow if the page was created after facebook acknowledged all the pictures she was tagged in and linked the new page to them. I was just intrigued that was even a feature. But, I did try with one of my pictures to tag a random unknown name, it does allow it. I am guessing since the name is exactly tagged the same as her facebook page name was created they linked. But, again that means everyone since then purposely tagged her full name including her middle name all this time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks, Holocene! I don't think it's extremely odd that she wasn't an active FB user. I am not being critical of her father, I can't even begin to imagine what he is going through. But IMO, when posts are deleted on the HFDS page, it causes people to be suspicious of "why" the family didn't want the information made public. I'm not referring to posts that would be disrespectful to DS, but ones that give tips that could trigger someone to remember something they may have seen. It's highly possible that the tips could interfere with the investigation or implicate innocent parties (in which case I fully support the deleting), just saying it may give some an uneasy feeling. Rumor, of course, but referring specifically to a post of a house being broken in on the night of her abduction in which someone claims to have seen her. All stated is MOO.

There's a part on the page where you can select a year and month and it will take you to posts of that time faster than scrolling.

I need to become more familiar with the rules if I could show screenshots I would but I assume it is not allowed. I genuinely am not arguing against anyone in regard to this, I just am sharing what I know, if the facebook page was made after, that may be. I am not sure what is visible to those who have not been added as a friend thus far. But, images do in fact go back as far as 2011 with her named tagged and attached to her facebook. These are images her friends and family tagged her on, nothing that was posted from her page directly before the disappearance. Her timeline does go as far back as 2011, with many pictures she was tagged in is all that stood out. It is very clear she was not an active facebook user, I did not want to stir any drama in regard to it, again I truely just was unaware that with a newly created facebook page pictures would go back so far if someone tagged them previous to them creating the page.

I went to her FB page, and while the timeline link at the top (with drop-down window) allows me to click on 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, or 2016, when I do click on those years, there is a brief flash attempting to show posts, but then all I'm left with is three recent public posts...the oldest one being the black/white profile picture inscribed "finddani." So yes, you as "friend" can see more posts. Non-friends only see 3 "global" posts by her dad.

So it appears--at least to me (though I may be wrong, and I can't see all those posts back to 2011) that her dad has been allowed to access a previous, seldom-used FB account. I personally don't have any issue with that as there are several ways that could have happened innocently enough (esp if LE are involved). And IF this is the case, the upside of using an already established personal account (vs. just making a new "Find Dani" FB page), is that he can alert all the friends she's had via that account since 2011.

I am aware that insiders have said that her dad "started" that FB page, so please understand that, and linking me to those posts isn't necessary (I've read them). I'm just stating my own personal observations, and though they may seem to contradict, I'm sure there's an entirely valid reason, and it's probably more complex than we understand right now.

ETA: Just now went back to her FB page and can now see a couple more public posts under the black and white profile photo post. The post directly under that is public, written by her father Dec 16, in which he states that she is still missing and that her "account is being administrated by her father until she returns." There are also 2 previous, recent profile and cover photos.

Oh my. I just read the "#2" story one of her friends wrote on FB.
Beautifully written, and now I am misty eyed.

Oh my. I just read the "#2" story one of her friends wrote on FB.
Beautifully written, and now I am misty eyed.

Written by my little sister, actually. Thank you for the kind words.

I went to her FB page, and while the timeline link at the top (with drop-down window) allows me to click on 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, or 2016, when I do click on those years, there is a brief flash attempting to show posts, but then all I'm left with is three recent public posts...the oldest one being the black/white profile picture inscribed "finddani." So yes, you as "friend" can see more posts. Non-friends only see 3 "global" posts by her dad.

So it appears--at least to me (though I may be wrong, and I can't see all those posts back to 2011) that her dad has been allowed to access a previous, seldom-used FB account. I personally don't have any issue with that as there are several ways that could have happened innocently enough (esp if LE are involved). And IF this is the case, the upside of using an already established personal account (vs. just making a new "Find Dani" FB page), is that he can alert all the friends she's had via that account since 2011.

I am aware that insiders have said that her dad "started" that FB page, so please understand that, and linking me to those posts isn't necessary (I've read them). I'm just stating my own personal observations, and though they may seem to contradict, I'm sure there's an entirely valid reason, and it's probably more complex than we understand right now.

I agree with your post. I just went to DS facebook page and actually her father or someone wrote a message saying that she's still missing and this account is being administered by her father...so this tells me that her dad had access to a FB account that she didn't use much, they probably were just tight like that..<modsnip>

I agree with your post. I just went to DS facebook page and actually her father or someone wrote a message saying that she's still missing and this account is being administered by her father...so this tells me that her dad had access to a FB account that she didn't use much, they probably were just tight like that.<modsnip>?

Yep, just went back, saw that, and updated my post above about the "administrating" part of his post. <modsnip>

Yep, just went back, saw that, and updated my post above about the "administrating" part of his post.<modsnip>.

Yep<modsnip>Sleuthing you are not allowed to bring in parents, relatives, or loved ones so I will just leave that post and this whole FB post stuff alone.......

I'm just tripping that it seems quiet with her case, but I do believe that LE has a key suspect that they're sitting back and watching....I believe the person staged all of this to throw us off and make it seem as though she was abducted randomly, she may have been or it could be a very familiar person..hopefully this case is updated with her whereabouts soon. I'm praying for her always to be found safe...

Hi I'm new to websleuths and I live in Michigan. I wanted to say that I found it strange that her family made the Facebook and said it was so no one else made a fake one of her. Why would anyone do that? Is the first thing that stuck out to me. The other thing maybe LE does no a lot more then what they are saying and that post from the person on possibly is true and it really was her. The other thing I thought is if she was seen in the area of the Tranist center like that person claimed. Maybe she was picking someone up(Instagram guy) In her one Instagram post with the grey shirt she's standing in the mirror to the side and it looked like she had a little bump... I'm wondering too about the cover photo on the guys page. This is so confusing. Also I think it's strange her apartment complex put up such a high reward and then to hear they took flyers down and haven't told all the residents someone is missing from there... Weird!

Written by my little sister, actually. Thank you for the kind words.

You're quite welcome, Holocene.

I just realized there is a whole page of Dani stories. While it is hard to get though them without crying, I'm glad that I read them.

Danielle sounds like she is such a beautiful soul. I truly hope that she defies the odds and is found soon.

Did anyone notice on the family missing page they specifically directed people to put up fliers in the Keys?

Did anyone notice on the family missing page they specifically directed people to put up fliers in the Keys?
I believe they're trying to cover major exit points from the US. Florida, Mexico and the Bahamas were also mentioned. At least that's how I interpreted the request.

Hi I'm new to websleuths and I live in Michigan. I wanted to say that I found it strange that her family made the Facebook and said it was so no one else made a fake one of her. Why would anyone do that? Is the first thing that stuck out to me. The other thing maybe LE does no a lot more then what they are saying and that post from the person on possibly is true and it really was her. The other thing I thought is if she was seen in the area of the Tranist center like that person claimed. Maybe she was picking someone up(Instagram guy) In her one Instagram post with the grey shirt she's standing in the mirror to the side and it looked like she had a little bump... I'm wondering too about the cover photo on the guys page. This is so confusing. Also I think it's strange her apartment complex put up such a high reward and then to hear they took flyers down and haven't told all the residents someone is missing from there... Weird!

Regarding Danielle's Facebook Page, perhaps I'm jaded but I've seen a lot of vile internet trolls. Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if some sick person starts a page (on any case) just to create drama, so Danielle's dad taking the pre-emptive strike actually makes sense to me.

I've seen a case here on WS where friends of a murdered woman received FB friend requests from her after her death (glitch or spoof account? I don't know.). There was another case here where a missing man (he disappeared with his girlfriend) presumably replied to comments left on his Facebook page, giving the impression he was alive and left on his own accord. It turns out he was a victim of a serial killer (girlfriend was rescued) and the common theory was that his ex-wife was accessing his page and posting as him just to stir up drama. No evidence suggests the ex had any knowledge of what happened to her husband.

Not friends with the "DAS" account. Seeing a total of 7 posts, all with the globe icon. Upon clicking on the "Recent" tab, "Recent" is the only option given.

Also, found an article that explains how to tag a FB status after posting: http://techin.oureverydaylife.com/can-tag-facebook-status-after-posting-3582.

Here is a post from FB's "Help Community," which says the same thing: https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=10100394758777554
I'm sorry, but FB is getting to be too maddening ... :gaah:. Personally, I prefer IG and Twitter ....

New here as a member but a long time lurker. My heart aches everyday for Danielle and her family and friends. I've been praying and sharing her face on my facebook. I'm not super far away, and when I look at the snow starting to melt and the fact that its 45 here in mid-Michigan I just wanted to post that if there ends up being any kind of search I would like to help out if I can.

The screenshot text messages... She said she had something to take care of on Sunday and an emoji smile face that looked crooked... just speculating, but maybe whatever it was was sad or upsetting. Either that or she didn't want to tell the friend what it was... that has made me think a little more that something was going on in her life maybe... why not just tell the friend what she had to do... it was vague.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans