MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I read on here, the more paranoid I get. It's probably not a bad thing, since I feel I have been living pretty careless and way too trusting. Now of course everyone I see, I think is a creep with people locked in their yards..ok maybe a bit much. But I leave my stuff in my car. Run upstairs to get something. Leave early in the morning while it's dark out. Ok, so probably nothing out of the ordinary, but after reading stories, people would have a field day if I ever went missing. I should leave a disclaimer now that my browser history, where I leave items, what I'm wearing (nobody would have a clue), what is missing (nobody would have a clue), etc., is not a clue to what happened to me. Ha!

Anyways, last summer I was in our apt parking lot loading the back of a pickup truck for a camping trip (so I was standing in the back attempting to move things around). I noticed a car pull in a few spots down and just sit there. I was busy rushing trying to organize everything, plus it was super hot out, that I paid no attention. I had that feeling of someone around and realized that the guy was just sitting in the car watching me. He never got out, kept pretending to look away, and I couldn't recall seeing him around before, but it's not like I would know everyone. I thought maybe he was a maintenance man so I continued to ignore him and he very well could have been. I started feeling weird but didn't want to go up to the apartment so he would see where I lived so I hoped he would just go away. I think I started closing up the truck like I was going to leave or someone drove by and he randomly drove away from the building toward the back. I told my boyfriend later and of course he just laughs b/c of all the stories he knows I follow. But then I kept seeing this car in the future weeks just randomly keep going by and him watching me/the building/etc.

I'm sure I was just being paranoid, but why would that stick out in my mind? I never noticed him really after that but ugh!!!
It's better to be paranoid these days😉
After I started to follow true crime..I lock my doors AS SOON as I get into my vehicle.
I check the back seat before I get in..look on the other side of my car for feet..never park near vans/suv's. I live about 40 minutes from Ann Arbor and go to the Dr. In Ypsilanti. Each and every time I arrive I text my husband to say " I made it " I text before I leave the office for home and when I am home.
( always thinking of a " time line " ) IMO, one can never be too careful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I very much want to go back to Michigan...I miss my family so much...and Michigan is wonderful for so many reasons.

Still, Danielle's case has shown me how much even Michigan has declined. Detroit, Saginaw and Flint used to be the major crime centers. Never Farmington Hills. My mom and sister live in Muskegon and it's bad there, too (Jessica Heeringa).
Crime has gotten VERY bad here. IMO, the opiod/heroin epidemic has really jacked crime up! Thefts & breakins are terrible. I live in a relatively small,"safe" town and it isn't unusual to hear of 2 or more overdoses each day on the scanner.

It's better to be paranoid these days��
After I started to follow true crime..I lock my doors AS SOON as I get into my vehicle.
I check the back seat before I get in..look on the other side of my car for feet..never park near vans/suv's. I live about 40 minutes from Ann Arbor and go to the Dr. In Ypsilanti. Each and every time I arrive I text my husband to say " I made it " I text before I leave the office for home and when I am home.

I started doing the car locking thing too! Two years ago someone attempted to steal my vehicle overnight and now I"m always paranoid they did it again and are waiting and hiding in the back. Oh, and I think we might be neighbors because I'm in the same area....kind of. ;)

It's better to be paranoid these days[emoji6]

I disagree. I live in Berkley and work in Farmington hills. I live alone and as a women I don't feel afraid ever. Yes I'm cautious and aware of my surroundings but I feel like this something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's better to be paranoid these days��

I always told Tricia that websleuths should be a mandatory curriculum in schools for especially these young female teens. Because it can hopefully help them to rev up their hinky meters.

Maybe this will become a reality one day. Atleast I hope. But I guess before doing so. Tricia would need to have a kiddie version of the site in order to not expose teens to too much of the horror stories. Possibly by hand picking certain cases for them to read up on and slueth.

Idk.

I disagree. I live in Berkley and work in Farmington hills. I live alone and as a women I don't feel afraid ever. Yes I'm cautious and aware of my surroundings but I feel like this something different.

That's awesome! I don't ever not feel safe..it's more of being absolutely 100% aware..not being on my phone while walking through parking lots or just hanging out in my car alone, texting, doors unlocked..IMO it isn't smart.
Then again, I've had 2 friends murdered and another kidnapped and murdered..when violent crimes hit close to home...well, I changed my tune a bit since I was younger I suppose.
In our martial arts class we also have women's self defense classes..it's mind blowing to learn about what makes one vulnerable/an ideal victim for a violent crime.
JMO

I always told Tricia that websleuths should be a mandatory curriculum in schools for especially these young female teens. Because it can hopefully help them to rev up their hinky meters.

Maybe this will become a reality one day. Atleast I hope. But I guess before doing so. Tricia would need to have a kiddie version of the site in order to not expose teens to too much of the horror stories. Possibly by hand picking certain cases for them to read up on and slueth.

Idk.
I couldn't agree more!

2 friends murdered? I'm thinking statistics on that has to be under 5% of population unless u live in a high inner city crime area. Sorry for your loss Dexter.

I couldn't agree more!

Thanks.
Statistics..
2 since I graduated, yep. Both here.
Both violent deaths.
Back to DS..

<modsnip>
Looking back, before I experienced so much loss..I see many situations I put myself in and think " wow..how careless"
Anyway, I think it's awesome that in this..challenging and ever changing world we live in, there are still folks who DO feel safe&#10084;
Happy sleuthing & I hope Danielle is found..safe and soon&#10084;

I just took the time to read the Google reviews on the IG Apartments. I found many comments to be positive but an equal amount to be negative. While quite a few stood out, these two really caught my attention:

75 More Google Reviews: https://www.google.com/webhp?source...pv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Independence+Green+Apartments

IGA got new management just before I moved in here which was in 2014 so I wouldn't put much stock in those 2008 or 2009 comments. They are now owned by the Hayman Company who owns lots of complexes throughout metro Detroit. They cleaned up the place pretty quickly. I've lived here almost three years. No one has ever offered me drugs. No one has ever offered any of my friends that have visited drugs and some of my friends look like sketchy characters who might enjoy the offer. I'm surprised about the maintenance comment, too. Maintenance is a visible presence throughout the complex during the day. I called after-hours maintenance a few weeks ago and they responded quickly. I also had the option as I was leaving a message with the on-call service to have a picture of the person coming here texted to me so I knew exactly who I was expecting. He also called me twice on the way over to let me know his ETA.

Has there been crime here? Absolutely. There were a bunch of petty theft car break ins just this last summer with residents who equated Farmington Hills with not needing to lock their vehicle. This has been happening more and more everywhere though. There was a murder here last year that was a 100% domestic dispute between a mother and a son. In the three years I've been here, I have never felt unsafe in my parking lot or with maintenance in my apartment. Management has been working really hard to re-brand themselves and, as someone who pays way more that I should for the size of my apartment, they've been doing a great job to the point I keep renewing my lease. I feel bad the complex has been getting a bad name from people because of this case.

I probably missed this earlier, but I now think the mention of there being money found in the purse points to her having parked the vehicle there and something happened at IGA. If a perp had access to the purse, I wouldn't think money would be left behind. JMO

Well, that depends...is the perp an unknown attacker? If so I agree with you, but to me, imo, if the perp is known to her those belongings aren't in play.

and if it's someone professional at the task, they'd check the seat position, steering wheel position etc before getting in and return them there, or not move them, once they parked. and they'd most likely not even think about mucking about in her purse and taking anything. wear gloves, stocking cap for the drive and then bonfire all their clothes later. too big a risk for a few twenties or whatever pocket money someone might have in their purse, given what their primary motivation/goal would be.

I was home-shopping around the northern border burbs over the Summer and was surprised at home much house you could get for not a lot of $$$ in the southern parts of Farmington Hills. Talking Sixteen Candles/Home Alone style houses but on bigger lots and with pools for prices starting with a 2.

With Farmington HIlls wedged in between long-gone-south Southfield to the East and what has become "West Detroit" Redford to the South, inevitable that FH would begin to experience increases in crime followed by the inevitable decrease in property values and turnover in population. But ya figure it would be the more-the-south-of-696 parts of Farmington Hills that would have these issues. Sort of how Franklin and Beverly Hills are still super-nice; despite Southfield to the immediate south of them (but below the 696 moat) becoming an extension of Detroit.

IGA got new management just before I moved in here which was in 2014 so I wouldn't put much stock in those 2008 or 2009 comments. They are now owned by the Hayman Company who owns lots of complexes throughout metro Detroit. They cleaned up the place pretty quickly. I've lived here almost three years. No one has ever offered me drugs. No one has ever offered any of my friends that have visited drugs and some of my friends look like sketchy characters who might enjoy the offer. I'm surprised about the maintenance comment, too. Maintenance is a visible presence throughout the complex during the day. I called after-hours maintenance a few weeks ago and they responded quickly. I also had the option as I was leaving a message with the on-call service to have a picture of the person coming here texted to me so I knew exactly who I was expecting. He also called me twice on the way over to let me know his ETA.

Has there been crime here? Absolutely. There were a bunch of petty theft car break ins just this last summer with residents who equated Farmington Hills with not needing to lock their vehicle. This has been happening more and more everywhere though. There was a murder here last year that was a 100% domestic dispute between a mother and a son. In the three years I've been here, I have never felt unsafe in my parking lot or with maintenance in my apartment. Management has been working really hard to re-brand themselves and, as someone who pays way more that I should for the size of my apartment, they've been doing a great job to the point I keep renewing my lease. I feel bad the complex has been getting a bad name from people because of this case.

I was looking over there in June and I made it a point to come at times other than business hours to see how things were. The parking lots were DARK--VERY DARK and in my 50s I don't run as fast as I used to. I just saw things like people hanging around the parking lots (with their friends maybe--but then why not bring them in your apartment) that just didn't say "safe" to me and I moved on.

Downtown Detroit is booming right now while building big arenas and things.

But Michigan still has to deal with those that moved from the urban areas to the town areas. Jmo.

Btw. I love when families can escape the urban street life.

But don't allow nice towns to fall down. Jmo.

So if my neigbors house in my quiet town has 3 bedrooms.

Then I do not want to see new renters housing 8 people at any given time in that house. Jmo.

Do you know if her friends and family were able to get out and search the surrounding areas for her prior to the bad weather hitting ? I know from the first of December up until about a week ago the conditions to get out and walk around in the weeds and the bushes were pretty favorable. I haven't heard anything about search parties since this thing started, and I've followed it along almost since day one. There may have been a bunch of people that got together and went out walking and driving around in the immediate area, but if there was, I didn't hear anything about it.

I was outside my friends apt at IG on dec 3r or 4th-I can't really remember exactly what day. We were both outside smoking -she lives on Jefferson court. Her backyard outside her patio door is one big field! We saw several people searching and walking, looking for someone. At the time we didn't know why or that DS was missing- now we do. No one stopped to ask if we saw anything then my friend got cold and went inside.

Marking my spot, don't mind me!

Happy holidays to everyone....hoping Danielle comes home safe and sound soon!

I very much want to go back to Michigan...I miss my family so much...and Michigan is wonderful for so many reasons.

Still, Danielle's case has shown me how much even Michigan has declined. Detroit, Saginaw and Flint used to be the major crime centers. Never Farmington Hills. My mom and sister live in Muskegon and it's bad there, too (Jessica Heeringa).

I am a local. Was approached once when I was in 2nd grade and ran away from him. Another time 2 years ago, I was getting gas at a Walmart and smokes. When inside getting smokes this guy in line was friendly and said hi, I said hi back. Then after I got gas and left, I noticed in my rear view mirror his white van was following me. Wow alarm bells went off Instead of going straight home, I turned and he turned. I ended up going to a couple's house and ran into their garage. Scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214