MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true when crossing the state line. However, if alerting the public of this would hinder the case agencies involved would not share that information. If other agencies are involved information to even local LE would be trimmed and limited. The 'brass" per say would only have working knowledge of the case.

It seems clear that even before FG started deleting stuff, his digital footprint was extremely minimal. It may be a reach but based on his age (around 30), I find this very odd. Part of this might be because in my job, I research a ton of people thoroughly (the people are sometimes involved with youth activities, so we basically want to know everything about them before even considering hiring them.) A lot of the stuff you find were not things they placed online by choice, but just random things that they're email address was associated with, maybe their phone number, address, etc, just random little footprints they've long forgotten about. Often trivial, non-interesting stuff, but its there. Maybe they bought a pair of sneakers on a message board--something.
FG is confirmed to have actual family members sharing his last name that are in the area--if he did not I would almost suspect that this is some type of new name/identity. With that not being the case, just putting it out there, if someone were a predator it would make sense that they would want the tiniest digital footprint imaginable. It just seems "light", even compared to other people around his age that barely know how to use a computer.

I don't with his line of work. I know a ton of LE and FD and not one of them has an online presence. They are like ghosts.

Am I the only one who thinks that him refusing to talk and deleting his Social Media makes him look just a little guilty?

<respectfully snipped>

Even if it became known sooner that Danielle was missing, LE would not be obligated to pursue a "missing person" case until she had been missing for 48 hours. Danielle is an adult and can leave on her own accord any time she wishes. She didn't have to account for her whereabouts to anyone. No spouse. No roommate. If Danielle wanted to leave town for the weekend (or longer), she didn't have to tell anyone - not even immediate family members.

Once it was determined that Danielle did not have her purse, wallet, other personal items and that she didn't show up at her friend's for a scheduled visit, didn't show up to work her morning shift at MetLife, it became apparent that Danielle was really missing, and probably not by choice. Frankly, I'm baffled by the fact that no one from MetLife became concerned when Danielle failed to show up to work on Saturday morning. :waitasec: Falling asleep and possibly missing the dinner engagement is one thing, but not being at work on Saturday morning should have set off alarm bells long before the friend went to IG and found DS's vehicle on Saturday evening.

Well, wouldn't they just try to shoot her an email, give her cell a call? What more can they do really? They aren't going to call LE for a missed training session...maybe 3 or 4 days not showing up ....but not that quickly.

Well, wouldn't they just try to shoot her an email, give her cell a call? What more can they do really? They aren't going to call LE for a missed training session...maybe 3 or 4 days not showing up ....but not that quickly.

My workplace would call the listed emergency contact if we couldn't get through to the colleague. i.e. Parents, Partner etc.

EMTs in Michigan get a background check and drug-test to get certified...after that, it's up to the individual employers.

I've heard people who were above EMT (paramedics/firefighters) say they got tested on the way in and then maybe once again during their initial "probation" period, and then never again.

For basic EMTs (not paramedics/firefighters) you can apparently work in the field as long as you keep your certification up as an EMT. It's up to the state to certify you/pull your ticket if you mess up.

Perhaps smoking and getting tested is why a guy with EMT training is/was working as a rent-a-cop at an office building? I dunno.

But, yeah, it sounds like EMTs and even paramedics and firefighters could be active smokers, as long as they lay off when they are getting certified. And maybe be extra cautious (only smoke on weekends/off days) during their first 3 to 6 months as a new hire.

I don't think cops typically even get regular randoms? Unions, maybe, keep them from having them.

Although I think they test paramedics/cops after any sort of on the job "incident". Crash the ambulance or pilot your police cruiser through a CVS or whatever, you're prolly going to have to pee in a cup.

As far as your basic security guards go, aren't they kind of like carnies? I mean, a criminal record is almost a requirement to work as a security guard, it seems. This guy views smoking as part of his job duties as a security guard:

Get your guard card and be a security guard. Im at work right now at a hhotel andd I get free coffee, cookies, free meals and soda n I work 8 hours over nightt so I get to chief all day the next day. Im gonna blaze such a fat bong toke of o.g. When I get home...just 7 hours to go! lol
https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/jobs-that-dont-do-random-drug-testing.961083/#post-13148914

LOL, sounds like a fun guy to work with.

Am I the only one who thinks that him refusing to talk and deleting his Social Media makes him look just a little guilty?

I don't know if you're the only one, but if it were me, and my name surfaced as a potential POI, or even as a friend of a missing person, I would delete or lock down anything personal about myself online. That would especially hold if I were innocent. I wouldn't want people like me nosing around my private business, pawing through my wedding pictures, looking at my wedding registry, reading about family members' health issues, etc. Maybe I'm a more private person than most, but I would be horrified to become the subject of a lot of attention.

I assume they did those things - maybe even contacted Mrs. Stislicki - but it still seems strange to me that no one realized that Danielle was actually missing until late Saturday afternoon when the friend discovered her vehicle. No, I didn't suggest that anyone at MetLife should nave or would have contacted LE.

***Breaking News*** Carrie Fisher has passed away at age 60.

Does anyone know how much information WAS available online regarding FG before he kind of deleted everything and went underground when his name got out there? The reason I ask that is that I find it almost peculiar how little information is obtainable on him, and I don't just mean personal pages that he has the power to delete. With most people you find random pages tied to former employers, things they were a member of, etc etc. With him its like total radio silence. All thats really out there is the fact that he appears to coach a youth baseball team. But besides that, theres literally nothing. I just wonder if thats unusual because like I said...most people have a much larger digital footprint. Maybe I'm reaching here or maybe he did a great job getting rid of his footprint fast, but it just strikes me as odd.

With nearly 800 friends he is probably active on FB, but there were only few public posts (only 1 in the last 2 years). I don't think that the small digital footprint is unusual. In my experience there is a lot of variation, even within the same age group.

<respectfully snipped>

Even if it became known sooner that Danielle was missing, LE would not be obligated to pursue a "missing person" case until she had been missing for 48 hours. Danielle is an adult and can leave on her own accord any time she wishes. She didn't have to account for her whereabouts to anyone. No spouse. No roommate. If Danielle wanted to leave town for the weekend (or longer), she didn't have to tell anyone - not even immediate family members.

Once it was determined that Danielle did not have her purse, wallet, other personal items and that she didn't show up at her friend's for a scheduled visit, didn't show up to work her morning shift at MetLife, it became apparent that Danielle was really missing, and probably not by choice. Frankly, I'm baffled by the fact that no one from MetLife became concerned when Danielle failed to show up to work on Saturday morning. :waitasec: Falling asleep and possibly missing the dinner engagement is one thing, but not being at work on Saturday morning should have set off alarm bells long before the friend went to IG and found DS's vehicle on Saturday evening.

Whereas many LE agencies used to insist on waiting 48 hours, most have loosened up on that restriction, especially when the missing person was expected to arrive someplace and did not show. I don't see anything in the family's statements that suggest that LE required a waiting period. I believe it has been published that they were not called until 6 PM the following night, after the friend went over to the apt. and saw DS' car in front. I can't prove that LE did or did not know prior to the missing person report on Saturday, but I would be willing to bet that there was no required waiting period.

You often see that co-workers take matters into their own hands when a colleague/friend does not show up for work. My closest colleagues would at least take a pass by my house if I didn't show up for something, because it would just be so weird for me to do something like that. Leyla Namiranian's co-workers are the ones who called the police because she missed a meeting the morning after she disappeared.

I don't know if you're the only one, but if it were me, and my name surfaced as a potential POI, or even as a friend of a missing person, I would delete or lock down anything personal about myself online. That would especially hold if I were innocent. I wouldn't want people like me nosing around my private business, pawing through my wedding pictures, looking at my wedding registry, reading about family members' health issues, etc. Maybe I'm a more private person than most, but I would be horrified to become the subject of a lot of attention.

I am open to being wrong if they get someone else. I just think it's a little odd. Just not what I would do. If I was an innocent party in a case like this, I'd be willing to help and happy that I don't have anything to hide. But we're all different :)

Don't be fooled by DS. I was the teacher's pet, the favorite kid amongst my parents circle of friends, the employee of the month and the vivacious one amongst my own peers. No one knew I smoked pot (and more), nor that I was a teenager sleeping with married men twice my age. Being liked and being helpful were equally important.

My workplace would call the listed emergency contact if we couldn't get through to the colleague. i.e. Parents, Partner etc.

Well sure, if it's an emergency....not showing for a work session on a Saturday isn't an emergency. Heart attack, injury etc is what that is for and it's in her hr file, not with the employees most likely that were there on Saturday morning. Those would be locked up tight

I am open to being wrong if they get someone else. I just think it's a little odd. Just not what I would do. If I was an innocent party in a case like this, I'd be willing to help and happy that I don't have anything to hide. But we're all different :)

Willing to help and exposing your personal life, friends etc is completely different. I'd lock it up in a nanosecond all the while giving fingerprints, DNA, lie detector or whatever they wanted.

You often see that co-workers take matters into their own hands when a colleague/friend does not show up for work. My closest colleagues would at least take a pass by my house if I didn't show up for something, because it would just be so weird for me to do something like that. Leyla Namiranian's co-workers are the ones who called the police because she missed a meeting the morning after she disappeared.

I don't think that was her home office, in fact looking at her sm it appears she didn't used to have to go into the office at all but that changed in oct when she had to finish out the year in there I believe iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23