MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see and I agree with potential POI's who fall within a certain circle of relations to a missing person lawyering up--but doing so in a way that they don't cut off all communication with police.

Just have a lawyer there when you talk to the police, assuming you're innocent. If you're guilty? Well, yeah, zero communication to LE.

But this POI's outside the normal scope of spouse/ex-bf/family-member-off-meds/last-group-of-people-she-hung-out-with/et al (which might mean he's guilty of something here, but that's all speculation).

Putting myself, hypothetically, in the former category--husband/current or ex-boyfriend of a missing person, and I'm 100% innocent--still get a lawyer, but also still talk to the police and help the investigation.

However, if I were in the latter category that this POI might possibly be in (assuming no affair, no drug hook up), just a random dude at her work who someone INCORRECTLY pointed a finger at? That is, I'm 100% innocent and have no connection to the missing person beyond having worked at her location (assuming no affair, no drug hook up, no unrequited stalker scenario)--I'd get a lawyer; but I'd also be working with the police. I'd make a public statement, via attorney:

wasn't me, here's my alibi, you got the wrong guy, please clear my name asap and get to finding the real perp.

and hand over whatever devices/records/info the police needed to clear my name ASAP.

So I could have my name cleared toot-sweet and get the f on with my life. If'n I was 100% innocent.

Have the lawyer there every step of the way; but help out the police not only to find DS, but also to clear me straight-away. so they can stop wasting time investigating me and get busy finding the real perp ASAP.

There are different degrees of lawyering up, I s'pose. And the current POI's level of lawyering up doesn't bode well for him.

I assume they did those things - maybe even contacted Mrs. Stislicki - but it still seems strange to me that no one realized that Danielle was actually missing until late Saturday afternoon when the friend discovered her vehicle. No, I didn't suggest that anyone at MetLife should nave or would have contacted LE.

In her sm she says that her deal with her family is that she will check in with them everyday so they don't make her wear a life alert necklace....that tells me that in the past she did her own thing and poofed here and there and they got mad and made her feel like she needed to stay in better contact with her. It could just be that her not being in touch wasn't a big deal or unusual imo

Since you're local can you tell us about those 2 areas they suggest searching?

Since you're local can you tell us about those 2 areas they suggest searching?

My hometown is near Rochester hills Michigan, the area I am most familiar with from that post is Stoney creek metro park. I have been there many times this past summer and in recent years and it is rather massive. I have kayaked the lake which is rather large but fairly shallow in most areas. The park has a ton of trees and forest type area which also have trails. I have never hiked any of these trails myself but I would assume you can get pretty deep into the woods once you wonder off the main, paved trail that encircles the entire park. In the summer there are usually people everywhere but I am not too sure how it is during the colder months, there are many avid bikers whom I could assume probably still ride there if the weather isn't too bad. There is a main entrance to the park which you have to stop and pay at before entering, however I have a friend that knows a back way you can enter by parking on a back road and walking into the park. Not exactly sure where that is located though. Overall I have always thought of it to be a nice park but have heard some things from friends of being a little bit creeped out when wandering the hiking trails alone.

My siblings have similar career paths as FG and have virtually no online existence besides FB. They don't own anything and have not had many accounts in their names. Similar for my sister in law who is a stay at home mom. I think this is more common than it may seem.

Thanks, and I am sure others can say similar, so hope we don't get a huge thread about Facebook going, "to have or not to have", but I will risk adding my two cents.

I am not on Facebook, years ago I was an early adopter to myspace, twitter, then FB for a nano second. (Some I may have accounts just to be able to act voyueristically). All these social media platforms, I like that they exist out there, and they fulfill all kinds of needs for others. Sure helps on Webslueths when trying to get the bigger picture.

I just don't have time for the expectations friends and family have when you are on there. I found my self spending too much time involved in stuff I would care less about if I was in person with someone. And we could all go on about the FB addictions, or, the other side of the coin, "I found my long lost friend", "I would never be able to keep in touch without it".etc. I get it.

But a lot of people are not on Facebook for all kinds of reasons. It is not that unusual. It doesn't hold as much meaning as we want to attach to these cases. Now--- that is whether or not someone is on FB.

Yes, on the other hand, content can be very telling, interesting, salacious etc. But "on or not", I think we can't make too many assumptions.

As for the other park listed I am unfamiliar with that particular area, I pass through Farmington a lot while traveling to and from my families homes and my heart breaks for Dani and her family.

My hometown is near Rochester hills Michigan, the area I am most familiar with from that post is Stoney creek metro park. I have been there many times this past summer and in recent years and it is rather massive. I have kayaked the lake which is rather large but fairly shallow in most areas. The park has a ton of trees and forest type area which also have trails. I have never hiked any of these trails myself but I would assume you can get pretty deep into the woods once you wonder off the main, paved trail that encircles the entire park. In the summer there are usually people everywhere but I am not too sure how it is during the colder months, there are many avid bikers whom I could assume probably still ride there if the weather isn't too bad. There is a main entrance to the park which you have to stop and pay at before entering, however I have a friend that knows a back way you can enter by parking on a back road and walking into the park. Not exactly sure where that is located though. Overall I have always thought of it to be a nice park but have heard some things from friends of being a little bit creeped out when wandering the hiking trails alone.

Thanks so much! Very interesting!!.....

Thanks, and I am sure others can say similar, (so hope we don't get a huge thread about Facebook going, "to have or not to have", but I will risk adding my two cents.

I am not on Facebook, years ago I was an early adopter to myspace, twitter, then FB for a nano second. (Some I may have accounts just to be able to act voyueristically. All these social media platforms, I like that they exist out there, and they fulfill all kinds of needs for others. Sure helps on Webslueths when trying to get the bigger picture.
I just don't have time for and expectations friends and family have when you are on there. I found my self spending too much time involved in stuff I would care less about if I was in person with someone. And we could all go on about the FB addictions, or the other side of the coin, "I found my long lost friend", "I would never be able to keep in touch without it".etc. I get it.

But a lot of people are not on Facebook for all kinds of reasons. It is not that unusual. It doesn't hold as much meaning as we want to attach to these cases. Now--- that is whether or not someone is on FB.

Yes, on the other hand, content can be very telling, interesting, salacious etc. But "on or not", I think we can't make too assumptions.

I literally only have an empty FB account so I can sleuth....

I can't recall the case, but a few years back a husband murdered his wife and spread her remains in Stoney Creek metropark......

Edit: Tara Lynn Grant was her name

Thanks so much! Very interesting!!.....
You're welcome, hoping that can provide some insight for people unfamiliar with that area.. my first post got deleted I think, probably because I missed a rule or something on accident. I found the map and such to be interesting although I'm not sure how accurate that information is, at this point any information is interesting to me to try and gain some knowledge

Michigan is my hometown. In fact I lived at Independence Green Apartments between 1984 and 1994. We had a high profile case here some years back. Husband kills wife and initially disposes of her body at Stony Creek Park. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Tara_Lynn_Grant This is the same park they are considering searching and if I'm not mistaken, the same park FG proposed to EG.

I can't recall the case, but a few years back a husband murdered his wife and spread her remains in Stoney Creek metropark......
I believe that was Steven (spelling) Grant if I remember correctly, I recall hearing about that years ago but I was fairly young at the time..

Ok, I must have missed something. Where are these two search locations coming from?

You bring up a lot of good and interesting points. I really like your idea of the parking "signature" -- I think in order for her car to have been parked where it was by someone other than DS, someone would have had to have not just been stalking her but plotting and noting how to pull off a perfect crime. Criminals are rarely that meticulous -- even stalkers -- so I lean toward her parking her own car there.

I think that people are confused about who lived or owned the house because online records are really imperfect. If you look at my address, one online site says that there are sixteen residents (there are actually just two of us) and we bought the house just a year later than FG and his wife purchased theirs. The previous owners owned it for over 20 years and there were four of them. There are a boatload of old owners still listed and as far as I can tell, people are listed who never had any sort of association with our house. The house down the street from us has not changed owners in well over 20 years and has a normal family in it, with two adults and two adult children who moved out some time ago and there are twenty people listed at that address. I have no explanation for why the neighbor was quoted as saying that there was an "older" couple living there -- but I do believe that it was just FG and his wife (the wedding website said that they were registering at home depot because they had just bought their first home and needed a lot of things for the house, and this was around the time that a title search shows the two of them as having purchased the house). So, bottom line: I think that is FG's current address. I totally agree that the number of calls for prayers, etc. indicates that something was found in the house that was a major new piece of information -- and I think the call for prayers was a really great catch.

About #4... I hate to even feel suspicious, but I tend to agree. Something does not add up in that story. On the one hand, I believe the friend who she was supposed to visit has reason to be depressed, so that may have led her to just fall asleep. Plus, she is a healthcare worker who works very long shifts, again, another reason to fall asleep. But still...your best friend of many years is supposed to be there within half an hour and does not show...and you don't start to panic after an hour? That seems really bizarre to me. And the lag between when DS was last seen and when she was reported missing seems super-weird. It would be one thing if she had just been planning to go home, have a bowl of popcorn and watch some netflix that night...but given that she missed two commitments (a visit/overnight with a friend and work the next day), I just don't understand how no one worried until she'd been missing for over 24 hours. Not blaming anyone, but I feel there is just more to the story than what we've been told.

**Perhaps that is just we have been told #4. Perhaps the friend received a worrisome text or odd text from Dani but didn't put 2 and 2 together until the next day Maybe something with held from the police.

Is the thing about searching parks from any credible source (DS insider, family, or law enforcement)? Or is it just some random person with a hunch? If its a legit turn in the case that is exciting, but if it someone going off some weird psychic thing or something, then I would advise to be careful playing it off on this forum as an actual "thing" without the disclaimer that its not credible. If I'm missing something though and this parks thing came from somewhere credible, then by all means that is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME