MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They cannot challenge anything until an arrest is made and suspect is arraigned. However, often defense attorneys can get documents prior to discovery and even prior to arrest depending on the agency involved. They can informally discuss points with prosecutors but challenges will be made in court after the discovery phase of the trial.

I don't know that. I believe they cannot challenge it in advance so as to stop the search but can file a motion later disputing it. I would assume that would only be in an effort to disallow any evidence obtained during the search from being presented during a trial after charges but hopefully someone with legal expertise will chime in!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I think the affidavit for the warrant would be with discovery materials presented by prosecution. This is requested by or given to defenfants attorney. I think person has to be charged. But copy of the actual warrant is given at time of search. I'm not an expert though.

Read through this link. Courts have differed greatly from federal and state appellate courts whether public right to know extends to the affidavit whether warrant is sealed or not. Also at times they can be found in just going through police reports. No set answer to that I assume.

https://www.rcfp.org/secret-justice-warrants-and-wiretaps/search-warrants

The eerie thing about this case is that her car was left at her apt. The theory / speculation that something happened to her prior to arriving at her place seems reasonable. If this theory is true, it doesn't make sense to me that the Perp would risk being seen dropping off her car at a busy complex regardless of what time of the day / night. It was a Friday night, people are in and out at all hours.

If something happened to her prior, why wouldn't the Perp ditch / hide the vehicle is a secluded place? Could make it look like she left or a car accident gone wrong.

I feel like initial contact happened while leaving work (lobby, elevator, parking lot). Seemingly consensual at that point and likely caught on tape. No video of getting into car (alone or with the person) and the next confirmed spot of car is IGA. LE may have more, vehicle on camera on road, store, credit card activity, cell ping, but not enough to be certain and find their man (and DS).

This country is going crazy. Mass shooting at Ft. Lauderdale airport.

The eerie thing about this case is that her car was left at her apt. The theory / speculation that something happened to her prior to arriving at her place seems reasonable. If this theory is true, it doesn't make sense to me that the Perp would risk being seen dropping off her car at a busy complex regardless of what time of the day / night. It was a Friday night, people are in and out at all hours.

If something happened to her prior, why wouldn't the Perp ditch / hide the vehicle is a secluded place? Could make it look like she left or a car accident gone wrong.

Not what I would have done, risk driving it back to her apt, but

1) Easy place to get to without too much risk for the current POI:

turns left/North on Coolidge, a relatively quiet, not super busy (not woodward or anything) easy to drive street in the wee hours/after dark. turns left/west on 12 mile and it's a straight shot on 12 mile, again, not Telegraph or 696 or busy all hours street. one more left at Halsted and he's at IG apts easily.

2) makes it seem (at least superficially) the abduction happened at IG and doesn't really give a hint of whom the abductor is.

If you're going to dump the vehicle at a 3rd party location, you still risk being spotted driving the vehicle.

Plus, what location will you choose?

and will that choice give something away about your identity?

and how do you get back? Bus runs on 12 mile, it's a cab friendly ride back, UBER, phone a friend/family member etc.

Basically, perp has to move the vehicle away from, say, Robina-Oxford. This choice had risk, but maybe not necessarily more risk than driving it anywhere else. (under the hypo that the perp/POI drove the vehicle back )

3) absent finding out video or a witness spotted the POI making the above hypothetical trek, it's worked hella-well so far.

I don't believe there was any confirmed sighting of DS at IGA that afternoon. But I didn't see mention of the timeline with her friend in that post (993), is it somewhere later? Thanks.

I remember reading that also. I believe it came from a very poorly worded MSM article. I'll try to see if I can find a link and will update this post.

Edited to add. It wasn't MSM but a comment so won't be linking. It was discussed in thread 2 post #993 if anyone wants to read back there. In the same post there is also discussion that potentially tightens the timeline for last contact with person she had plans with.

This country is going crazy. Mass shooting at Ft. Lauderdale airport.

Transitional periods in the Executive branch, esp from one party to the other, are dangerous times. Old administration is packing up, checking-out. New administration is either not in office, or doesn't quite have a handle on things their first months in office.

And because they're changing parties, it means a wholesale change-over at all levels.

1993 (Bush to Clinton): WTC February
2001 (Clinton to Bush): WTC September

Even President Obama had a couple of likely terra-related events his first year (2009); Ft Hood and Little Rock, are the ones that come immediately to mind.

I think the reason why her car was returned to IGA was to question the crime scene, just as we are now 5 weeks later. Ditching her car somewhere else could've alerted LE that a crime had taken place and a search may have begun sooner with foul play suspected. Leaving her car at her own apartment makes it appear as though she returned from work that day and then something later happened (sometime within a 24 hour window until her car was discovered Saturday evening). One of AA's recent posts alluded to IGA not being what I would consider a low-income neighborhood or one in which there is activity at all hours. IMO, the perp could've found a small window (around 3:00 a.m.?) to return the vehicle. Of course, for all we know, LE could've located the keys by now and obtained DNA that led them to the perp. JMO

If something happened to her prior, why wouldn't the Perp ditch / hide the vehicle in a secluded place? Could make it look like she left or a car accident gone wrong.

I damn hope it's not the same turning of the wheel, churning out the same old info just to get viewers.

Sleuthing is like jazz
we make it up as we go along
and we act as
if we really knew the song
but we don't
and we might never will
so we flaunt our mistakes
and we make them until
they are us
Sleuthing is like jazz
the same song a million times
in different ways

v slight parody of a stephin merritt thing

Transitional periods in the Executive branch, esp from one party to the other, are dangerous times. Old administration is packing up, checking-out. New administration is either not in office, or doesn't quite have a handle on things their first months in office.

And because they're changing parties, it means a wholesale change-over at all levels.

1993 (Bush to Clinton): WTC February
2001 (Clinton to Bush): WTC September

Even President Obama had a couple of likely terra-related events his first year (2009); Ft Hood and Little Rock, are the ones that come immediately to mind.

Yes and a bad part of it is you are at high risk of more in a short time once one is high profile and extensively reported in medis

I agree, the fact that we still don't know EXACTLY where she encountered foul play opens up a much larger circle of suspects, which is EXACTLY what keeps the perp off radar. We've speculated that it was someone in her apartment complex, leading to sleuthing of local RSOs and other crimes that have taken place at IGA. It would be enough of a red herring to throw off the real location of the crime. The perp may have also known that like most complexes (cameras would be few or non-existent) vs. leaving the vehicle in a more public location.

turns left/North on Coolidge, a relatively quiet, not super busy (not woodward or anything) easy to drive street in the wee hours/after dark. turns left/west on 12 mile and it's a straight shot on 12 mile, again, not Telegraph or 696 or busy all hours street. one more left at Halsted and he's at IG apts easily.

2) makes it seem (at least superficially) the abduction happened at IG and doesn't really give a hint of whom the abductor is.

If you're going to dump the vehicle at a 3rd party location, you still risk being spotted driving the vehicle.

Plus, what location will you choose?

and will that choice give something away about your identity?

and how do you get back? Bus runs on 12 mile, it's a cab friendly ride back, UBER, phone a friend/family member etc.

Basically, perp has to move the vehicle away from, say, Robina-Oxford. This choice had risk, but maybe not necessarily more risk than driving it anywhere else. (under the hypo that the perp/POI drove the vehicle back )

3) absent finding out video or a witness spotted the POI making the above hypothetical trek, it's worked hella-well so far.

Valid points... #2 seems strongest in my opinion. If it was an abduction, why try to frame it as such? Too odd.

As for #1, the risk seems much higher in her complex. People can id DS, her car, her parking spot, piece together a timeline of when it was/ wasn't there, and be risk seen. The only reason I can think that the Perp would take on that risk is that if her car wasn't there than it would have blown whistles sooner.

The possibility of the perp dropping the car back at IG reminds me of how the William H Macy character (Macy plays a second (or third)-generation freelance hit-man) in the 2000 movie Panic would drop the pistol he used to carry-out a hit right there by the person he just shot. Usually shot in daylight in a public place, but one without people around; eg, dude walking across an empty parking lot to his car late on a Friday afternoon after everyone else had left for the day.

Even though Macy bought "scrubbed" guns, went to lengths to make the gun not traceable back to him, dropping the gun there seems like an unnecessary risk-factor. But his father, a retired hit-man (Donald Sutherland) gave him some reason for it that I can't recall. Prolly to make only one crime scene and a clean hit.

Besides Macy and Sutherland, Neve Campbell, John Ritter, Tracy Ulman.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1104207-panic/

Written and directed by a guy who worked on the 1990's series Homicide, as well as Homeland and the short-lived but interesting cable-series Rubicon--which the latter series, Rubicon, is all about this sort of puzzle-solving stuff in relation to international espionage.

Dunno if Panic's on NetFlix or amazon prime; saw it the theater when it was originally released. Rubicon should be, I'd think. Weird that they pulled Rubicon after one season.

The friend she was supposed to meet with had posted an account of her thought process on fb I believe regarding what she thought and when she became concerned.

My thing is that even though they don't have DS phone, I'm sure they have looked at the friends text messages back and forth that night. If danielle mentioned she was really doing something else, even if the friend deleted the texts LE would have seen them by now. And, I would assume, which I hate to do but with the little info we have to go on its basically alot of assuming, anyway I'd assume that if LE saw anything suspect in the friends texts with danielle, that it would of come up in the daily briefing the parents are getting and the United front they have displayed with this girl would no longer be going on. Normally, in cases in the past where lies between friends or family about a critical fact occur, you may not immediately hear about it but you clearly see signs of the family distancing or disassociating with the person occur...so far the family and friends continue to be a tight United front who eagerly post each other's fb posts, the girl she was supposed to meet up with hasn't been pushed out from the circle from what I've seen at all..

That being said I can see how this is a good theory. I also, hate to admit it, but I am 29 and have told white lies to my mom about where I am going even when it's never anything big..
It all depends on the personality of the mom lol and the lucky gals with over the top worry wart mothers may leave out small details that mom could go off about that are in fact, no big deal and perfectly safe. My husband passed away almost a year ago and I was forced to move back in with my mom temporarily, the horrors of being a grown up and your mom getting upset because you decide you need to run to the store for something at 10pm lol, I get the riot act that it's late out and it's so cold and if it's the weekend and dark, the drunks are out!! Lol thst kind of thing. So before I lost my beloved and was living my own life, there were times when me and mike would visit with her and leave around 9pm and decide to stop to visit a friend or stop at the grocery store or see a movie..
So when I'd get a text from her asking if I got home ok, I'd just say yes I love you instead of saying we stopped to get food or whatever..
It was never anything bad I was doing and it wasn't often, but my mom's moods and nagging can get to a point where she will text and text and text to yell at me, her grown and responsible daughter, for being out and about past 9pm lol and avoiding that seems like a white lie at the moment, for her benefit really, so she doesn't needlessly give herself a heart attack because I didn't go directly home. I guess I also should say that in her defense, I am very ill and have been for a long time. She worries that I overdo things or ignore my body trying to tell me I need to lay down and honestly, she doesn't seem to nag at my sister as much as she does with me..but I think it's because I've been close to death a few times and so even when I'm doing better, she's always "are you sure your up to that" which is sweet of her but when I answer honestly thst I am indeed feeling fine, instead of accepting it she just goes on and on. So, as a smart, responsible 29 year old woman, especially before mike passed away unexpectedly, I did at times feel it best to not bother to tell her that I'd stopped at kroger or target because I forgot I was out of dog food at 10pm and instead tell her I was heading home.

I understand this completely. I grew up in a small town of 10,000, and we then moved to L.A. Parents were constantly putting down our lifestyle, ways of thinking. One time, when we went back to visit them, I wore a backless black dress when we went out for dinner, and never heard the end of it from my mother ("we just don't DO things like that here, dear!"). On and on it went. They were still trying to tell me what to do when I was over 40; they were trying to tell me what to do right up until the day they passed.

I'm not saying I wasn't at fault as well. It definitely takes two to argue and fight. But, their unwanted advice got old fast. When I called them, or visited them, I tried to stay off certain topics that would cause conflicts. And, yes, a white lie here and there sufficed nicely.
:gaah::maddening:

I agree that it could very well be to question the crime scene. Very plausible. Although foul play was suspected from early on anyway. Who knows when the car could have been found.. weeks or months? IMO, could have delayed foul play.

(forgot to quote)

To soanyway...

I think the reason why her car was returned to IGA was to question the crime scene, just as we are now 5 weeks later. Ditching her car somewhere else could've alerted LE that a crime had taken place and a search may have begun sooner with foul play suspected. Leaving her car at her own apartment makes it appear as though she returned from work that day and then something later happened (sometime within a 24 hour window until her car was discovered Saturday evening). One of AA's recent posts alluded to IGA not being what I would consider a low-income neighborhood or one in which there is activity at all hours. IMO, the perp could've found a small window (around 3:00 a.m.?) to return the vehicle. Of course, for all we know, LE could've located the keys by now and obtained DNA that led them to the perp. JMO

I can't help but think most of the circumstances surrounding DS's disappearance are really as simple as they appear. JMO, but here's what I now believe happened:

DS was seen on surveillance in the MetLife parking lot with a subject entering her vehicle (passenger side). Her parents alluding to her helpful nature indicates that the subject was more than likely known to her and she offered him a ride (could've been a total stranger, but IMO, DS is too worldly knowing potential risks).

She was instructed to drive, possibly directly to the Berkley residence. IMO, she did not drive back to IGA that Friday as the perp would've viewed that as a more populated area and didn't want to risk being seen. Surveillance may have shown the direction leaving the parking lot and LE most likely had additional surveillance on the route that picked up her vehicle leading to its whereabouts. Her parents question DS's demeanor while driving, wondering if it is known at this time that she has been taken against her will or if this was someone friendly to her and she became a victim later (at the hands of someone else).

DS's car was returned in the middle of the night. Perp knew where she lives and with many residents having "favorite" (though not necessarily assigned) spots, there were only a few options left as to where to park the vehicle. Perp may have even known where DS parked her car (depending on relationship), but most likely had assistance in dropping off her vehicle. Somewhere along the way, he ditches her keys. IIRC, the dumpsters at IGA were searched, but they could be found anywhere, which is why LE and family want people keeping an eye out for the distinct charm (possibly even prints on them).

IMO, the biggest question is WHY DS? Something led LE to FG's residence. Not saying FG is responsible, but either her vehicle was seen there or someone who had connections to that residence gave enough probable cause for not 1 (but 2) searches. We know FG isn't cooperating, and while there are other exceptions (other than consent) that would explain the criteria for the searches, none of them appear to fit this case, IMO. Vehicles and a mattress were taken from the residence and countless smaller items of which we do not know.

[/B]http://www.aggressivecriminaldefense.com/searches.html

Just wanted to say I think this sounds accurate.

Well...if we assume someone got in the vehicle with her in the work parking lot, there would possibly be fingerprints on the vehicle from that person. Unless they had on gloves...I know the weather was colder that day around here. Some people wear them at the first sign of cold weather, others only when it's bitter cold like today (around 15*). On that day, it was around mid 30s, so one could've been wearing gloves. I forgot about the weather for a minute and was thinking maybe they pulled prints from the vehicle, which in addition to the video, led them to a possible person of interest. Guess driving the vehicle back to her apt would also possibly leave things behind...but now that I'm writing all this out, probably not likely...darn it.:tantrum:

I can't help but think most of the circumstances surrounding DS's disappearance are really as simple as they appear. JMO, but here's what I now believe happened:

DS was seen on surveillance in the MetLife parking lot with a subject entering her vehicle (passenger side). Her parents alluding to her helpful nature indicates that the subject was more than likely known to her and she offered

him a ride (could've been a total stranger, but IMO, DS is too worldly knowing potential risks).

She was instructed to drive, possibly directly to the Berkley residence. IMO, she did not drive back to IGA that Friday as the perp would've viewed that as a more populated area and didn't want to risk being seen. Surveillance may have shown the direction leaving the parking lot and LE most likely had additional surveillance on the route that picked up her vehicle leading to its whereabouts. Her parents question DS's demeanor while driving, wondering if it is known at this time that she has been taken against her will or if this was someone friendly to her and she became a victim later (at the hands of someone else).

DS's car was returned in the middle of the night. Perp knew where she lives and with many residents having "favorite" (though not necessarily assigned) spots, there were only a few options left as to where to park the vehicle. Perp may have even known where DS parked her car (depending on relationship), but most likely had assistance in dropping off her vehicle. Somewhere along the way, he ditches her keys. IIRC, the dumpsters at IGA were searched, but they could be found anywhere, which is why LE and family want people keeping an eye out for the distinct charm (possibly even prints on them).

IMO, the biggest question is WHY DS? Something led LE to FG's residence. Not saying FG is responsible, but either her vehicle was seen there or someone who had connections to that residence gave enough probable cause for not 1 (but 2) searches. We know FG isn't cooperating, and while there are other exceptions (other than consent) that would explain the criteria for the searches, none of them appear to fit this case, IMO. Vehicles and a mattress were taken from the residence and countless smaller items of which we do not know.

[/B]http://www.aggressivecriminaldefense.com/searches.html

I agree with everything you have said. I will add the possibility that someone at Met Life saw her with someone who looked like FG. And that person maybe even insisted it was him. I suppose that would give them reason to search the apartment once. And maybe they found something which allowed them to remove the mattress,... but it isn't impossible that after two searches they were on the wrong person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat