MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the perp isn't the SG in question....think he Perp not sg) will go to the vigil? I'm assuming SG is under tight surveillance

So if the perp isn't the SG in question....think he Perp not sg) will go to the vigil? I'm assuming SG is under tight surveillance
It's being live streamed, so I think anyone possibly involved would somehow attend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

As soon as I saw her asking if anyone was going, I got the shiveys thinking that they would.

Judges can issue and likely mostly issue warrants with defined parameters in terms of what can be searched and then usually a pre-delineated list of what can be seized. The latter can be generalized to items like "computer equipment".

One possibility is that LE had some nexus between either DS and FG's vehicles or FG and DS's vehicle which they took to the judge to get warrants.

They appear to have had permission from the judge from the get-go to seize FG's vehicles/vehicles he had access to.

So the judge might've issued a warrant that

(i) allowed LE to immediately seize FG's vehicles and take them in for processing;

(ii) do a thorough "search" of the Oxford house, but nothing (obvious) would or could be seized--unless the police during that initial search hit upon evidence of a crime being committed at that location (.e.g, blood).

Course, as soon as the police Luminol up some blood that seems to indicate a crime occurred (splatter on a wall, or carpet or wherever), the entire process changes and they can either proceed under in plain sight/open and obvious/whatever rules to seize relevant items; or simply call a judge and relay what they found and get an expanded warrant issued immediately. [might even be an app for that at this point j/k (close tho)]

Mobile crime van + dogs were reported at the Oxford house the first week after DS went missing.

which that they waited or had to come back later to seize the mattress (possibly other items as well) suggests they found no easily discernible by trained crime-scene techs evidence of a crime while on location.

Once back at the lab, they managed to find something and used that to get a warrant to seize the mattress? Maybe. Or maybe they got further evidence from another source that caused them to bounce back for the mattress.

It's all a mystery.

An occupant of the home could have also been on probation or parole ... hence MDOC's early involvement (referring to my earlier post). They wouldn't need a warrant the first time.

WXYZ channel 7 Detroit at 11pm tonight. I saw it advertised on their station today. DS was the first picture they showed. But it sounds like many victims with be part of the story.

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judges can issue and likely mostly issue warrants with defined parameters in terms of what can be searched and then usually a pre-delineated list of what can be seized. The latter can be generalized to items like "computer equipment".

One possibility is that LE had some nexus between either DS and FG's vehicles or FG and DS's vehicle which they took to the judge to get warrants.

They appear to have had permission from the judge from the get-go to seize FG's vehicles/vehicles he had access to.

So the judge might've issued a warrant that

(i) allowed LE to immediately seize FG's vehicles and take them in for processing;

(ii) do a thorough "search" of the Oxford house, but nothing (obvious) would or could be seized--unless the police during that initial search hit upon evidence of a crime being committed at that location (.e.g, blood).

Course, as soon as the police Luminol up some blood that seems to indicate a crime occurred (splatter on a wall, or carpet or wherever), the entire process changes and they can either proceed under in plain sight/open and obvious/whatever rules to seize relevant items; or simply call a judge and relay what they found and get an expanded warrant issued immediately. [might even be an app for that at this point j/k (close tho)]

Mobile crime van + dogs were reported at the Oxford house the first week after DS went missing.

which that they waited or had to come back later to seize the mattress (possibly other items as well) suggests they found no easily discernible by trained crime-scene techs evidence of a crime while on location.

Once back at the lab, they managed to find something and used that to get a warrant to seize the mattress? Maybe. Or maybe they got further evidence from another source that caused them to bounce back for the mattress.

It's all a mystery.
Couldn't it also be true that if an owner(s) was home and felt there was "nothing to hide" that they could give permission to search and no warrant would need to be involved?

Couldn't it also be true that if an owner(s) was home and felt there was "nothing to hide" that they could give permission to search and no warrant would need to be involved?

Yeah, it doesn't even have to be an owner. Say owner and suspect spouse were out for dinner and roommates were home. One of them could consent and LE would be able to enter without a warrant.

If an acquaintance of yours went missing, wouldn't you try to help find him/her? Even something as simple as sharing a Facebook post. Wonder if SG shared anything on social media before the police were onto him.

True, but I've seen nothing indicating that anyone other than the homeowner and spouse live at the residence. IMO, prints were taken from DS vehicle which (along with a possible witness account of seeing SG at MetLife) led LE to the residence.

Yeah, it doesn't even have to be an owner. Say owner and suspect spouse were out for dinner and roommates were home. One of them could consent and LE would be able to enter without a warrant.

Earlier today, someone mentioned a news highlight called Missing In Michigan and it was to feature Danielle. Anyone know anything about this?

Saw the teaser for it this evening. It's supposed to be on WXYZ Channel 7 Detroit 11pm. They showed Danielle's pic in the background and a brief convo with the mom of another missing person.

True, but I've seen nothing indicating that anyone other than the homeowner and spouse live at the residence. IMO, prints were taken from DS vehicle which (along with a possible witness account of seeing SG at MetLife) led LE to the residence.

Oh yeah, I agree. I said that very early on but was just giving an example for how easy it would be to get inside the house. I'd bet on his prints being on file with various agencies due to his job and if they were on her car, they would've popped immediately, giving LE cause.

I feel the local stations did a show like this last year or the year before at this time because of the AutoShow. They were trying to make people aware while they were coming into the city and also to be in the lookout for women that may seem to be held against their will at these types of events. I'm not saying this is why it is on tonight but I recall a show like this and event in the past in this area.

Oh yeah, I agree. I said that very early on but was just giving an example for how easy it would be to get inside the house. I'd bet on his prints being on file with various agencies due to his job and if they were on her car, they would've popped immediately, giving LE cause.

I doubt though they would do a search as described by people living in the neighborhood without a search warrant. They said lots of vehicles were there, including evidence truck and possibly search dogs. That's a big search and without a search warrant much can possibly be kept out of court. Possible they entered home, saw something interesting and they backed off and got search warrant, called in all the ones who did search that home.

FWIW, as of today, Backpage.com was forced to shutdown its Adult section... small victory I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay