MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any public transportation stops near Danielle's home? That would be less risky than Uber (someone could possibly blend in).

I wonder if he walked someplace (is there a commercial plaza not too far away?) from her apartment, called a cab (or took a bus) to a third location, and then walked to his house from someplace not too far away from home. If there was a cab involved, I would think he would want to avoid having either address tied to him by eyewitness or credit card.

I don't know about the busses in the Detroit metro area, but in many cities they have security cameras. Lizzi Marriott's killers walked over 6 miles after they dumped her car to avoid being recorded. Doubt he walked because of the distance, but he may have had concerns about cameras on the busses.

I cannot remember if this was a fact or not...I know I read it here in the early threads, but haven't seen it brought up since..we know her laptop was left in her car, but did anyone ever confirm that it was under her seat or was that speculation here? I also thought it was said her purse was found under her seat but again it was very early on and I had just joined so I cannot recall if this was something said as fact, anyone remember?

The laptop being left behind is bothering me, it seems like the laptop could contain valuable info to LE so why take her keys and phone and not the laptop or purse? I figured it was a sign of it being someone she knew but what if they just didn't see the purse and laptop because it was under her seat?

I thought it made sense before that if she was running into the apartment really quick to grab her stuff, and she decided to leave her purse and laptop in the car that she logically could of put her purse and laptop under the drivers seat herself. My mom always told me to do that if I leave important stuff in my car in a parking lot so that someone doesn't see it and decide to break into my car to steal it. I was xmas shopping and on the way home had to stop at a store so I stashed my shopping bags under the seat so it would be out of view. Also, if I'm carrying my big purse and don't feel like carrying it around, I've left my purse in the car and push it under the seat so that nobody walking by can spot it and decide to try to steal it.

But if she didn't drive herself home as it sounds, none of that would of been in her control which makes me wonder if this was rumor or was this actually confirmed somewhere? Hoping someone recalls I've given up backreading for it lol

But what if someone drove and she was with them. They get to the apt and someone meets them there as Eileen suggested? Maybe surprised them? That's a stretch I know but I can see where Eileen's speculation (here and what I see as elsewhere) comes from.

It's sort of interesting that he turned the phone off instead of texting back, "hi, so sorry, i have a splitting headache. i'm just going to go to bed."

BBM
IMO this is one of the most crucial clues of the case.

iPad not letting me quote 2 posts, but jdj125 made an excellent point that makes it possible he could not access her phone because of passwords and other things.

I cannot remember if this was a fact or not...I know I read it here in the early threads, but haven't seen it brought up since..we know her laptop was left in her car, but did anyone ever confirm that it was under her seat or was that speculation here? I also thought it was said her purse was found under her seat but again it was very early on and I had just joined so I cannot recall if this was something said as fact, anyone remember?

The laptop being left behind is bothering me, it seems like the laptop could contain valuable info to LE so why take her keys and phone and not the laptop or purse? I figured it was a sign of it being someone she knew but what if they just didn't see the purse and laptop because it was under her seat?

I thought it made sense before that if she was running into the apartment really quick to grab her stuff, and she decided to leave her purse and laptop in the car that she logically could of put her purse and laptop under the drivers seat herself. My mom always told me to do that if I leave important stuff in my car in a parking lot so that someone doesn't see it and decide to break into my car to steal it. I was xmas shopping and on the way home had to stop at a store so I stashed my shopping bags under the seat so it would be out of view. Also, if I'm carrying my big purse and don't feel like carrying it around, I've left my purse in the car and push it under the seat so that nobody walking by can spot it and decide to try to steal it.

But if she didn't drive herself home as it sounds, none of that would of been in her control which makes me wonder if this was rumor or was this actually confirmed somewhere? Hoping someone recalls I've given up backreading for it lol

I believe the purse being under the seat was speculation, but then again I don't remember reading that her laptop was left behind either. I just know that there was a lot of discussion about the purse early on, and I made a comment about hiding my purse if I don't want to take it in. People were saying they found it hard to believe a woman would leave that behind, even if they were just running in to their home briefly. I also commented that we didn't know where it was left as people seemed to be assuming it was just out in the open. In my previous car had a lockable console between the driver and passenger seats that I used to lock my wallet in if I wasn't taking it in with me.

Thank you for the stimulating conversation this morning! :)

I actually forgot to pour a coffee. You guys are that good!

It's sort of interesting that he turned the phone off instead of texting back, "hi, so sorry, i have a splitting headache. i'm just going to go to bed."

Not unless he had the PW

Not sure if it was a personal computer or work computer, but I know the ones I've had from work had tracking devices on them. Don't know how they exactly worked (how far and what it actually gathered). It had a sticker on it that claims if it was removed, it alerted the police. But the perp could have left it to look more like a "she got home then something happened" since her purse was there too. Could've left it bc they didn't see it or didn't want another item to mess with in trying to get rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if it was a personal computer or work computer, but I know the ones I've had from work had tracking devices on them. Don't know how they exactly worked (how far and what it actually gathered). It had a sticker on it that claims if it was removed, it alerted the police. But the perp could have left it to look more like a "she got home then something happened" since her purse was there too. Could've left it bc they didn't see it or didn't want another item to mess with in trying to get rid of it.

Great thinking! That's worth calling in to the police.

Public transportation in this area is poor, we don't have a great public transportation system in the Suburbs of detroit, I can't say if it's better and more available in detroit itself but I live in the garden city/westland area and used to live by the livonia/Redford border and I never figured out the bus systems..unless your a regular rider, figuring out when a bus is going to show up and where is a pain. Even with the app, bus stops aren't in spots the website or app says, the bus stops you do find marked no longer have a schedule posted...my husband and I always had a car so we never had to use it but weve heard and had a few experiences lol like when we had to take my cousin into detroit to catch a bus to chicago (he was visiting from france, flew to michigan and was taking a bus to chicago) we went to the spot the bus stop was claimed to be. No sign, nothing. My cousin was adamant that this is where it was to show up and my husband grew weary, finally bursting out "ok, this is ridiculous, there are NO SIGNS, no schedule..this cannot be where the bus comes because it's not marked. This isn't Harry potter, a bus doesn't just magically appear and people magically know where to go, it doesn't work like that" and he stormed off to ask someone where the bus stop was actually at..this was not a city bus mind you but in our search for the bus he was to be at we got a long speech from someone after telling this story to them that it's a big guessing game with the public transportation system here as well.

I have to say though, remembering mike blow up over the lack of correct schedule and signs for bus stops by snapping "this isn't Harry potter" still makes me laugh, his rant was spot on though, it's sad our bus system is such a mess.
I wonder if he walked someplace (is there a commercial plaza not too far away?) from her apartment, called a cab (or took a bus) to a third location, and then walked to his house from someplace not too far away from home. If there was a cab involved, I would think he would want to avoid having either address tied to him by eyewitness or credit card.

I don't know about the busses in the Detroit metro area, but in many cities they have security cameras. Lizzi Marriott's killers walked over 6 miles after they dumped her car to avoid being recorded. Doubt he walked because of the distance, but he may have had concerns about cameras on the busses.

Thank You all so much for all the updates. We were out of town yesterday until late eve. Danielle and loved one's were certainly in my thoughts. I have yet to watch the Vigil and will do so after a meeting today. I don't want to show up with red, swollen eyes. This certainly is a tough one. I cant imagine what Family and Friends are going thru.

I'm assuming that was her work laptop, in which case it probably offered zero assistance to LE

I don't think I've ever seen anything about her laptop being in the car, anywhere. I've seen "purse in car, keys and phone missing" consistently since the beginning.

Are there any public transportation stops near Danielle's home? That would be less risky than Uber (someone could possibly blend in).

I don't know specifically about that area, but public transportation in or around the Motor City is scarce. City of Detroit still has bus service but is far more limited than when I grew up in the '50s & '60s. Suburbs have very limited access to bus service. Stops can be quite a ways from where someone lives, and the "Smart" buses keep a tight schedule with specific times when the bus will be at a particular stop each day. Most don't run past early evening hours. In short, if you want to get somewhere in metro-Detroit, you drive.

Err.... this laptop is quickly becoming a "fact" with suggestions for people to call in tips about tracking devices to the police, when it's not even clear (at least to me) that there was a laptop. Can someone please provide a link to anything saying that her laptop was in the car before we end up with 10 pages of posts about this putative laptop?

There actually IS a bus stop very close by. When I lived at Windemere I passed by the people waiting for it all the time at Ten Mile and Haggerty. It's a mile down the road from the complex. I don't know that the SG would have taken the risk of public transportation, but there is a stop there.

Thank you for sharing and I'm so thankful your daughter is safe. This is a good example, seeing as how it would be easy enough to dump the data from the phone. If there were DNA on it, even that could have been tested and the phone returned. I just don't feel LE has an obligation to release anything they feel could be used later. I can't imagine the frustration of knowing that he still hasn't been arrested for this crime.

With regards to the SG, this could also be why an attorney was secured early on. If 2 vehicles were taken from his residence, it doesn't appear likely (IMO) that both were involved and they may be trying to get one (or both) vehicles returned. JMO

I live in MI. When my then-13-year-old daughter got mixed up with an 18-year-old from out-of-state she met online, I reported it to the police (in addition to inappropriate material being exchanged -on my daughter's end, as well as his-, there were fraudulent credit card activities involved also, among others), and LE took her cell phone as evidence (no search warrant was needed because we gave it to them willingly). By the time a "warrant of extradition" was issued out of MI, he was facing unrelated charges in his state, was already in jail there, and so far has not been arrested on the charges involving my daughter.

After LE took her phone into custody, I did not replace it right away, but a year later, I finally caved and told her she could have a phone only if LE was willing to give us her old phone back (I was not about to get her a brand-new phone). We visited the detective assigned to the case, and he told us since there still is a chance our local prosecutor may decide to have the individual arrested and brought back to MI, he wouldn't be able to give the phone back to us at this time, and perhaps never.

I am sorry this is only anecdotal, but I thought I'd share.

I'm assuming that was her work laptop, in which case it probably offered zero assistance to LE

It was stated on News cast this week that it was her WORK computer left in car not personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member