MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Danielle's case (again, I am a local) is really on my mind. I was walking at dark from one building at work where I was assisting a training class to my building where I park. I was looking around to make sure I wasn't being followed (I do that anyways). I was thinking I should put my lanyard (thing that holds my security badge) inside my coat. There could be a serial killer that would be called the lanyard killer (kills people by their lanyard). My imagination is on overdrive. Ugghhh. I am suspicious of everyone.
We have homeless people that will come by our outside ashtrays and grab our smoked cigs. Some try to look normal with a backpack, kaki pants etc, but I can spot him a mile away.

I've been in Lansing area all week. Have not seen a flyer and anyone I've asked, hasn't heard DS story. Sad ....
Agree. My family is in Lansing. I've talked to them about it and otherwise they've heard nothing. This is why I'm not so sure that IF other searches are occurring of other homes, areas, etc outside of the Detroit area, they would be linked back to DS. I live near Flint and no one I've talked to knows anything, either. I work in Detroit and lots of people are talking about it. I suspect if searches are occurring out of state it is even less likely that anyone would connect it to DS.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Well, I suppose I'll just say a little of both. I don't have any big, dramatic revelations tucked away that could light the way to a cloud breaking revelation. I wish I did. There are other smaller things that have been kept quiet though. Some of them have made their way here regardless of how quiet I and others have tried to be. I am hoping that won't be detrimental to anything LE is handling, but I can only keep trying to do what Dani's parents would have all of us do in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not sure you can/will answer - but if some information has made its way here to WS, do you think its possible someone with '1st hand knowledge'' of the situation is posting here or do you feel like the information is just finding its way here though other channels?

The friend requested DS leave early or DS requested from her employers that she could leave early? I read it the latter way, but god knows I could be wrong.

"She asked after getting a request from a friend whether or not it would be okay if she left early" he says after getting a request from a friend, so I'm taking that as her friend asked if DS could leave early so she asked if she could since work was slow.

For what it's worth, if I'm going to be mostly indoors and in the car, I don't always wear a heavy jacket (or a sweater underneath my jacket) even when it's very cold out. There's no point in doing so if I'm just going from my front door to the car, and then from the warm car again to inside a building. So I don't find it strange that her jacket wasn't warm enough to wear in very cold weather.

The multi-layer jackets like DS's (I have a similar one) can get very warm very fast if they have all the layers intact. I reserve mine for times when I'm going to be outdoors for a longer period of time as it gets much too warm for commuting or shopping.

Lightweight tops tend not to have zippers; they're often used on clothes made of heavier knits and sweaters. I don't know but would guess many zip-up tops would probably be warm enough on a cold day, especially under a jacket.

So, I think it appears DS was dressed for going to work and back, but not necessarily for braving the elements. JMO

Which was what DS's mom was stating in her comment, her coat had the lining out and she was not dressed to be outside for a long period. So people would understand she was not out on foot walking around or hiking. Her IG account she had mentioned hiking.

I get cold easy and I have a sweater I keep at work, as I don't like driving with a lot of bulk on. But others I work with wear short sleeves at work in the winter.

Her mom says her last text was yes I have been able to get off early...like answering the question "yes I can" after the friend requested her to leave early.

Her mom says her last text was yes I have been able to get off early...like answering the question "yes I can" after the friend requested her to leave early.

This is what has me confused. Why the need to get off early? Always fun to get together with a friend on a Friday, but unless we were going to a concert, or I only had a small window of time to see the friend, or a movie at a set time, would I consider leaving work early let alone asking to do so. It must have been either 1) a very important conversation, 2) her friend needed help with something, or 3) neither and she honestly just wanted to be done with work early, all JMO

Yes, since joining WS, my eyes have opened much wider. Almost wish I could get my daughter to join and follow just one case. It could prove more insightful than anything I could possibly attempt to get through to her.

So Danielle's case (again, I am a local) is really on my mind. I was walking at dark from one building at work where I was assisting a training class to my building where I park. I was looking around to make sure I wasn't being followed (I do that anyways). I was thinking I should put my lanyard (thing that holds my security badge) inside my coat. There could be a serial killer that would be called the lanyard killer (kills people by their lanyard). My imagination is on overdrive. Ugghhh. I am suspicious of everyone.
We have homeless people that will come by our outside ashtrays and grab our smoked cigs. Some try to look normal with a backpack, kaki pants etc, but I can spot him a mile away.

But has it been stated in MSM or one of her parents stated, that the friend requested DS see if she could leave early?

This is what has me confused. Why the need to get off early? Always fun to get together with a friend on a Friday, but unless we were going to a concert, or I only had a small window of time to see the friend, or a movie at a set time, would I consider leaving work early let alone asking to do so. It must have been either 1) a very important conversation, 2) her friend needed help with something, or 3) neither and she honestly just wanted to be done with work early, all JMO

I agree with you- there very well could have been a reason she asked to leave early.... however, on a Friday especially in December with the holidays kicking in, everyone wants to get off early, so it's possible that she really didn't feel like staying. Perhaps she would leave early on Fridays once or twice a month, especially since she had to work Saturday morning? Meaning that it really wasn't a huge deal she left early on this day. JMO.

I know her friend requested she leave early- but if I had a dollar for all the times my friends and family requested I leave early from work, I wouldn't need to work anymore lol.

I say listen to that inner voice. It's how we've survived for eons. I leave when still dark in the mornings and I look all around as I walk to my car hitting lock button pronto. Am I scared, nah, just aware.

My life experiences and reading (*websleuths) have made me very in tune to my surroundings. My mom accused me of being cynical and too suspicious of everything until I was recently proven right on 3 separate occasions. I've finally had a breakthrough and convinced her to put purse on shoulder/tucked under arm instead of dangling off her arm as she hobbles across parking lots. I say why tempt fate and be proactive, eh.

I'll be thinking of that lanyard killer when I'm out on break with my smoke buddies tomorrow, lol and just might slip mine into my coat too.

Be safe everyone

Sounds like some vicarious trauma going on! I struggle daily because of my field. But, I remind myself that the overall risk for crime, while practicing general safety assertiveness skills, is low- especially random crime or a serial killer. Being aware and alert is important but struggling with intrusive thoughts and other trauma symptoms can be a sign of vicarious trauma. Take care of yourself!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I agree with you- there very well could have been a reason she asked to leave early.... however, on a Friday especially in December with the holidays kicking in, everyone wants to get off early, so it's possible that she really didn't feel like staying. Perhaps she would leave early on Fridays once or twice a month, especially since she had to work Saturday morning? Meaning that it really wasn't a huge deal she left early on this day. JMO.

Yeah, I hear ya. Totally re: the Saturday work, that is true. Good point. :thinking:

Agreed.

(I hope I posted correctly this time.)

How to say something without saying it! There has been a presence on this forum at times and on other social media platforms which should not be dismissed. That is all! Sorry, but I'm not willing to elaborate!

Welcome to the life I've lived since discovering WS. I spend so much time here, and keep up with multiple threads at a time, that I find myself asking hypothetical questions all the time in my daily life. That's a good thing though, as it's made me much more cautious and aware of my surroundings. I've become so good at determining hypothetical escape routes and/or exit points (should a potentially dangerous situation arise) that I almost subconsciously come up with an "escape plan" within seconds, no matter where I am. It's always there in the back of mind without actually being conscious of it.

For example:
About 8 months (or so) after the Colorado Movie Theater shooting, I went to see a movie with my BF. It was probably only the second or third time I'd been to the movies since the shooting. (That particular crime really did a number on my psyche for some reason.) The movie only had about 15 minutes left when strobe lights started flashing and a prerecorded voice came over the loudspeaker that said, "WARNING! AN UNKNOWN EMERGENCY HAS OCCURRED IN THE BUILDING. DO NOT PANIC! PLEASE LOCATE THE NEAREST EXIT AND LEAVE THE BUILDING IMMEDIATELY." Let me just tell you, I was up out of my seat before the first sentence was said. I hopped over a row of seats, ran down the aisle, and heard the "do not panic" part as I swung open that emergency exit door. I was literally in my car with the doors locked before my boyfriend even made it outside. Apparently, some punk teenagers pulled a fire alarm. WHY didn't they have a regular, normal loud shrilling fire alarm? Because that "loudspeaker, unknown emergency, do not panic" recorded crap is enough to cause a heart attack. I had never felt that kind of adrenaline coursing thru my veins before (or since!) then. I bet I could have beaten Usain Bolt in a relay at that moment. I'm not even joking.

In this thread post #194, poster cujenn81 has done a whole run Down using MSM. I have contacted a mode asking them to link on the first post of each thread this run down. You might want to look at that post, save you from doing work on yours.
I saw that. mine's been in process a while, on hold for facts and not rumors to post again. Originally thought that the document could be, when the time is right, be given to a member of the media with our questions on it. WS and media worked together on another case I participated in. do you want to delete mine or supplement or....

Welcome to the life I've lived since discovering WS. I spend so much time here, and keep up with multiple threads at a time, that I find myself asking hypothetical questions all the time in my daily life. That's a good thing though, as it's made me much more cautious and aware of my surroundings. I've become so good at determining hypothetical escape routes and/or exit points (should a potentially dangerous situation arise) that I almost subconsciously come up with an "escape plan" within seconds, no matter where I am. It's always there in the back of mind without actually being conscious of it.

For example:
About 8 months (or so) after the Colorado Movie Theater shooting, I went to see a movie with my BF. It was probably only the second or third time I'd been to the movies since the shooting. (That particular crime really did a number on my psyche for some reason.) The movie only had about 15 minutes left when strobe lights started flashing and a prerecorded voice came over the loudspeaker that said, "WARNING! AN UNKNOWN EMERGENCY HAS OCCURRED IN THE BUILDING. DO NOT PANIC! PLEASE LOCATE THE NEAREST EXIT AND LEAVE THE BUILDING IMMEDIATELY." Let me just tell you, I was up out of my seat before the first sentence was said. I hopped over a row of seats, ran down the aisle, and heard the "do not panic" part as I swung open that emergency exit door. I was literally in my car with the doors locked before my boyfriend even made it outside. Apparently, some punk teenagers pulled a fire alarm. WHY didn't they have a regular, normal loud shrilling fire alarm? Because that "loudspeaker, unknown emergency, do not panic" recorded crap is enough to cause a heart attack. I had never felt that kind of adrenaline coursing thru my veins before (or since!) then. I bet I could have beaten Usain Bolt in a relay at that moment. I'm not even joking.

You may want to consider a career in writing... Seriously.

I saw that. mine's been in process a while, on hold for facts and not rumors to post again. Originally thought that the document could be, when the time is right, be given to a member of the media with our questions on it. WS and media worked together on another case I participated in. do you want to delete mine or supplement or....

What I would do is compare them see if you have things that are not on the other. Pretty sure even when one was to get linked as a timeline, it can be edited. I know the case maps can be. Don't know how that all works, but I'm sure cujenn may know or others here.

I was unaware you had started one, and posted twice today trying to find someone who knew how to do it and get one linked. It's been driving me nuts how the facts are getting so mixed up, so I figured since I've seen them on other cases, time to figure it out. Hers appeared to have more, I just quickly glanced and will myself look over both tomorrow. Hopefully by then we might have it linked and figure out how to add to it if there are things not on it.

A list of questions also sounds like a grand idea to me. Anything to help us keep things a bit straight.

Was thinking about Danielle.. Started doodling... Multiple app renderings later...

In honor of DS... Much respect.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 337
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online