MI MI - Dean 'Deanie' Pyle Peters, 13, Grand Rapids, 5 Feb 1981

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder how many people know about the $25,000 reward for information leading us to Deanie? I hope this case can get a move on-there's gotta be a classmate or someone who saw something. Please who ever did see something or whoever took her, just tell where Dean is!!!!

Bumping for Deanie.

I hope someone's conscience is finally starting to get the best of them and they come forward with information that will finally give Deanie and her loved ones peace. Just think of how you would feel? Imagine Deanie as someone you dearly love. Imagine Deanie as your own teenage daughter. How would you feel? Deanie's family and her friends deserve answers to their unanswered questions after so many empty years. I hope someone finally does the right thing. Deanie Peters deserves better than to be just another case unsolved.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/peters_dean.html

Bring Deanie Home.

I will be watching this.

Target 8 special: Finding Deanie
Thursday 7pm on WOOD TV8
Updated: Monday, 01 Feb 2010, 2:08 PM EST
Published : Monday, 01 Feb 2010, 2:02 PM EST

It's been 29 years since Deanie Peters got up from her seat at a high school wrestling match and vanished without a trace. Now, Target 8 investigator Ken Kolker pieces the clues together in Finding Deanie: Secrets Revealed , Thursday at 7 p.m. on WOOD TV8.

Target 8 investigators uncovered never-before-released details of the case, including threats made against Deanie, a failed lie detector test, police mistakes and, ultimately, the name of the man detectives believe is their best suspect.

Target 8 investigator Ken Kolker tracked the trail of the suspect from Kent County to Kentucky and back again.

Finding Deanie: Secrets Revealed , Thursday at 7 p.m. on WOOD TV8

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/target_8/Target-8-special-Finding-Deanie

Deanie Peters' mom: There's no closure
Mary Peters still waits after 29 years

Published : Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 3:59 PM EST
By Ken Kolker

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) -- Mary Peters made a televised plea just days after her daughter, Deanie, disappeared.

"We just want you to come home, Deanie. Please."

Twenty-nine years later, she still waits.

"I don't think you ever get over it; you kind of move on," she told 24 Hour News 8 in her first televised interview since the days after the disappearance.

"There's certain times of the year it's worse than others, like now, because it's coming up on the anniversary of her disappearance -- of 29 years.

"So, I don't think you ever get over it, because there's no closure here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary Peters had complained several years ago after a conflict within the Kent County Sheriff's Department led cold case investigator Eugene Debbaudt to quit the job before tackling her daughter's disappearance.

Debbaudt, a retired FBI agent, recently had solved the 1993 murder of millionaire businessman Robert Fryling. He complained that some former Kent detectives were uncooperative.

"It took a long time for them to get there, but we certainly do appreciate and thank everybody that's worked on this case -- I mean, the police, the sheriff, the state police, the detectives," Mary Peters said.

The new team has updated the Peters family on the progress, and recently, there has been progress.

"We would hope and pray that somebody would come forward that knows anything, even if it may be something they think is very trivial," John Peters, Deanie's stepfather, told 24 Hour News 8.

In the meantime, the Peters family is preparing for a dark anniversary on Friday -- and for the phone calls from those who mark it with them.

"The phone calls, they always come at the wrong time," Mary Peters said. "They do."

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kent_county/Deanie-Peters-mom-Theres-no-closure

Finding Deanie: Secrets Revealed
Target 8 Investigation

Updated: Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 6:35 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 6:59 PM EST

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) -- Cold case detectives told 24 Hour News 8 they have interviewed suspects in West Michigan who know where to find the body of Deanie Peters, who was 14 when she disappeared from her school nearly three decades ago.

And, they've made those suspects a promise: Anybody involved in the Feb. 5, 1981, disappearance won't face criminal charges -- unless they helped kill Deanie.

"There are individuals in the Grand Rapids area that know what happened to Deanie Peters, that know where her body is, and they've chosen to remain uncooperative in this investigation," said Sgt. Sally Wolter, the head of the Kent Metro Cold Case Team.

The statute of limitations has expired for those who helped hide Deanie's body, or who know about it and have refused to tell police.

Wolter said she believes a "number" of people still living in West Michigan know where Deanie's body is buried.

In this special report, 24 Hour News 8 tracked the cold case team's investigation from Kent County to Kentucky and back again.

Along the way -- new details about threats against Deanie, a recently failed lie-detector test and the man identified by police as the main suspect.

Also, Deanie's mom and stepfather, Mary and John Peters, sat down for their first broadcast interview since days after the disappearance.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/target_8/Finding-Deanie-Secrets-Revealed

This was a very good news special. Very informative.

I hope they really know where she is this time. This family deserves closure and Deanie deserves to have a proper final resting place.

:furious:I'm so angry about this, right now. This wasn't just 'a mistake' made by teenagers. This was the murder (and it's cover-up) of a beautiful, young girl and 29 years of those teenagers still choosing to be selfish even after turning into adults, while the Peters family knew nothing but torment, sorrow and pain. I'm sure there has been some joy for them, but not like there could have been if Deanie had been there or if they had even KNOWN what happened to her.

This is much more than just 'a mistake'. This is a group of selfish people who are still selfish people for letting this go on for this family.:furious:

If any of you are reading this;
ALL of the people that have spent the last 29 years knowing what happened to Deanie Peters and went on living your 'normal' lives and said nothing while Deanie no longer had a life and her family had no answers , I hope karma has been VERY, VERY unkind to you. If not, I hope it soon will be unkind to you. You disgust me! How dare you put this family through hell for the last 29 years? You should be ashamed of yourselves! I'm sure some or most of you are parents, how do you suppose you would feel if the same thing that happened to Deanie happened to your child and you had NO ANSWERS? How would you feel? How could you? I hope you feel good about yourselves, you shouldn't. When you look in the mirror, you should be disgusted with what you see. You have the ability to give this family some peace and you refuse to. Why?

The Peters are in my thoughts and prayers. 29 years tomorrow. God bless.

24 Hour News 8 reached one of the women involved in that altercation with Deanie.

Her husband's uncle is Jack Christensen, a retired Kent County sheriff's captain who worked on Deanie's case years ago.

The woman says she was friends with Bunch, but not his girlfriend.

"He wished," she told 24 Hour News 8.

Through the door of her Ada home, she filled in some of the blanks, admitting she and two other girls threatened Deanie over a boy.

"It was a stupid deal because this girl -- it was a boy -- like, 'You better stay away from him.'

"It wasn't like we pounded on her," she said. "We probably threatened her, which was a bad thing."

When asked whether she had passed a recent lie-detector test, the woman responded: "Heck no."

Said Wolter: "I'm surprised she was truthful."

The woman said she was not involved in the disappearance.

"If I knew something, why wouldn't I tell? This was 30 years ago," she said. "Why didn't they talk to us 30 years ago, you know, when we remembered?"

BBM
"when we remembered". Interesting statement.

The 11 o'clock news said the tip line was flooded with new tips tonight.

If you have more information on Deanie Peters' case, please call Silent Obeserver at 616.774.2345 or toll free at 866.774.2345

It's never too late to do the right thing...

Seems Mr. Bunch changed his story after his death. In the first article, from 2006, it says he insists he didn't know her. In the article from yesterday his daughter and aunt both say he did know her. If he was innocent, I wonder why he felt the need to lie?

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2008/03/a_look_back_the_investigation.html
March 05, 2008, 10:03AM
This story originally was published Feb. 12, 2006

Bruce Bunch, a former Lowell High School student who was 17 when Deanie vanished, said he had a dream about Deanie after watching a TV news report about her disappearance but insists he never knew her.

"When I was a kid, I used to have this mental telepathy thing," Bunch said during a phone interview from his home in Somerset, Ky. "I could tell things, like when a bird comes into your house and tells you someone's going to die."

He said he can't remember details of the dream, only that he told friends about it, and it somehow mushroomed into how he had killed Deanie and buried her. Some say they've heard he struck her with his car or truck.

"Everybody just keeps carrying it different ways," said Bunch, who owns an auto-repair shop.​
{BBM}
~~~~~~~~~~~

Updated: Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 11:23 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 6:59 PM EST

from pages 4&5:

Detectives found his only child, his daughter, [omitted], in Louisville.

"The detectives have came to everybody and asked everybody that they can possibly ask, and they haven't found out anything that they didn't know before, and I mean, I just don't see why they keep bringing it up," [omitted] said. "People can talk, but that's all they can do is talk. There's nothing to be proven. Oh, we don't know who it is, so let's put the blame on some dead guy."

It wasn't the first time [omitted] had heard about Deanie and her father's alleged involvement.

About nine years ago when [omitted] was 16, a retired detective --- she believes it was Kleinheksel -- tried to reach her father. So, she questioned her dad.

"I said, why? And he told me that there was some girl that was missing, her body was missing and they thought that he could have something to do with it because he knew the girl or he met the girl, or something like that," she said. "I asked him straight out. I said, did you have anything to do with it, dad? 'No, hell no.' That's what he told me. 'Hell no.' "

[Omitted] said she has no reason to doubt her dad. Even though her father drank a lot and had a big mouth, he was still a good man, she said.

"He was a very lovable guy, even though he was an *advertiser censored*****e, because he was -- but it was because of his mouth," she added.

[Omitted] said cold case detectives didn't like what he had to say.

"Bruce was too good-hearted of a person," he said. "Accidents happen, and kids do stupid things, but I'd never believe it. I couldn't see it. He just wasn't that way.

"As far as Bruce goes, I think they're picking on the wrong bum (bone). They need to leave him be. He's dead and gone. He lived his life. He's left this earth. They need to leave him be."

But for the first time, Target 8 has found a connection between Bunch and Deanie -- revealed by his daughter and an aunt who also lives in Kentucky.

"Yeah, he'd met her, that's what he told me. He met her," his daughter said.​
{BBM}

New tips on Deanie Peters disappearance
Cold Case team has new info on 1981 case

Updated: Friday, 05 Feb 2010, 6:14 PM EST
Published : Friday, 05 Feb 2010, 4:33 PM EST

By Ken Kolker
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) -- Cold case detectives are investigating a handful of tips they received after Target 8's special, Finding Deanie: Secrets Revealed, uncovered new details in the disappearance of Deanie Peters.

The Kent Metro Cold Case team also monitored WOOD radio talk show, Mouth to Mouth, which discussed the project with listeners during the first hour of Friday's show.

Cold case team leader Sgt. Sally Wolter said she believes one of the show's callers was a classmate of Deanie's whom they've been trying to reach.

Deanie was 14, 29 years ago today, when she disappeared from Forest Hills Central Middle School. She was getting ready to leave with her mother after watching her little brother wrestle when she asked to use the bathroom. Her mother never saw her again.

Target 8 learned that cold case detectives have identified and interviewed people still living in West Michigan who they believe know where to find the body.

We also learned that a man named Bruce Bunch, who died two years ago, is considered the lead suspect. He lived in Lowell and was 17 at the time Deanie vanished.

The former classmate had little to say when she called WOOD radio today. "She was a really good kid, and she was excellent, got good grades, too," she said.

By Friday morning the cold case team had received five calls, though three were from psychics, Wolter said.

The team also says it is monitoring the blog at www.woodtv.com, and 24 Hour News 8's Facebook page. One Facebook entry came from a woman, now living in Hawaii, who identified herself as Bunch's niece.

In a telephone interview today, she told 24 Hour News 8 she'd heard stories about Uncle Bruce killing a girl and burying her under a building's foundation. She said she planned to call the Cold Case team today.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/target_8/New-tips-on-Deanie-Peters-disapperance

Bumping for Deanie.

Anybody remember anything, yet? Her family is still waiting, 30 or so years later, to learn what happened to the girl they love. It's never too late to do the right thing. God knows.

If you have more information on Deanie Peters' case, please call Silent Obeserver at 616.774.2345 or toll free at 866.774.2345

I don't know how many people are into forensic astrology, but Deanie's case was submitted to a Forensic Astrologer. This woman has been doing astrology charts for years, and her theory of what happened to Deanie is one that I had never thought of, but it could very well be true.
She also brought up a good point about the person responsible, his appearance, and the fact that authorities should check the backgrounds of all teachers at the time Deanie was in school there.
I will post her readings below, but she has great photos on the site that explain her astrology, so I will post a direct link on the bottom as well. Whether her reading is true or not, it is definitley something to think about. I am a skeptic myself, but everything must be considered-no one can afford to just rule any theories out without having evidence.
Still holding many prayers for Deanie.

Source of Info: http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/2010/07/dean-marie-pyle-peters.html#comment-form

"Dean Marie Pyle Peters

Young Girl Disappears at School Program

From Grand Rapids Press:

Police Hunt For Missing Cascade Girl

February 7, 1981

Grand Rapids Press

Page 1A

Area police Saturday were distributing photographs of a 14-year old Cascade girl who has been missing since Thursday afternoon. Deanie Peters, an eighth-grader at Forest Hills Central Middle School, was last seen by her mother about 4:45 p.m. Thursday when she excused herself to go to a restroom during an after school program at the school, 5810 Ada Dr. S.E.

Deanie is the daughter of Mary Peters and the stepdaughter of John Peters of 2541 Pebblebrook Drive S.E. Deanie's legal name is Dean Marie Pyle. School authorities and staff had scoured the middle school building for traces of Deanie that afternoon and into the evening. "She said she had to go to the bathroom", said Middle school principal Ted Culver. "She never showed up...never found her again."

Kenneth Kleinheksel, a detective sergeant with the Kent County Sheriff's Department, said police knew of no reason for the disappearence. "I can't detect any family problems at this time," he said. "She left her wallet home. She's a pretty girl and she'd never go anywhere without makeup," he said.

When last seen, Deanie was wearing a brown ski jacket, pink sweater, blue jeans, and a cream colored scarf with the word "ski" written on it in dark brown lettering. Culver said it was first assumed the girl may have attended one of several school events that were occurring that evening. But after a thorough search of the grounds, no trace of the girl was found. Culver said he contacted students Thursday night whom he thought may have seen the girl late Thursday afternoon. He said not one of the students could place her near the school restrooms. "People had seen her around that afternoon," Culver said, "but you know how it is...you never expect anything to go wrong." She just disappeared, just gone," said Kleinheksel, who said the department was alerted at 6:42 p.m Thursday.

Culver said Kleinheksel had been working "tirelessly" since the case since Thursday. Kleinheksel said he had contacted school authorities, classmates, hotel and gas station personnel. Her natural father, who lives in California also was contacted, he said. "There is no reason for her to go out there," he said.

Anyone with information about the missing girl should call the Sheriff's Department at 774-7113. "

"The last time Deanie was seen was at 4:45 pm on her way to the bathroom at the school. This occurred in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Drawing up the chart for this hour, I find that this is another very clear chart. I don't always get clear charts but lately I've been lucky. In the chart for 4:45 pm, the Sun is the first house ruler. The Sun is in the seventh house in Aquarius and disposed of by the seventh house ruler Uranus in the fifth. This shows that she was intercepted by another person on her way to the bathroom. In fact, Uranus is in Scorpio and Scorpio rules bathrooms, among other things. Uranus is in Scorpio and disposed of by Mars, in the eighth, conjoined to the Moon, in Aquarius, both planets, in turn, disposed of by Uranus, the seventh house ruler. This loop shows that this person singled Deanie out. There was a sexual attraction and that is what he was acting on. The ruler in the fifth indicates that he was involved with the kids, the students. He could have been an athletic coach, teacher, homeroom monitor, teaching assistant, and because of the nature of Uranus, he was likely to be a temporary teacher, a substitute or someone that worked at the school occassionally. The combination of Sun in the seventh, Uranus in the fifth, Mars conjoined the Moon in the eighth, shows a strong romantic or sexual energy.

The first aspect the Sun makes is a trine to Pluto in the fourth and Pluto is a secondary dispositor for the seventh house ruler. This shows that he took her to his home. Or to a place near or on the school grounds that he used like a home. Too boot, the Sun and Pluto are the only two angular planets in the chart. She was completely at his mercy, he snatched her forcibly and forced her to come with him. This was easy for him to accomplish for an unknown reason but the trine from Pluto to Mars shows that he had force and strength on his side while the square from Uranus to Mars shows that he overpowered her completely. Although I think the square also shows that she tried to fight him, did not go willingly and was subdued by force. How this was accomplished in a busy school with a child in public going to a public bathroom just seems to underline the possibility that he was a teacher or otherwise at home in the school and beyond suspicion. People did not notice him because he was not out of place; he was always at the school and always hanging out with the kids.

Pluto is disposed of by Venus in the sixth. This tells me that he disabled her in some fashion, injured her, drugged her, otherwise made her helpless. Why do I say this? Venus in the sixth while under the Sun's beams. Venus is also conjoined to the descendant while ruling the nadir. It is a powerful, angular player in this chart. Also, notice how the Sun, Deanie's ruler, is opposed to the node in the first. This is a karmic marker and I believe it is a symbol of fate. It is also a symbol of mass conciousness and the movement of minds. He planned this out, targeted her and snatched her at his first opportunity. Things fell into place because this involved a pattern of fate that is both driven by his planning and design but also by spirit; both Deanie and her abductor were in the "right place" at the "right time", so to speak. To top off the cross currents of energy present in this chart, note that the node is disposed of by the Sun. It's almost as if Deanie's behavior brought this about and allowed it to happen. Not concious behavior, however, as the node is never concious. This is all happening on another plane. The plane that is sometimes called "mass destiny".

Through the next hour, they do not leave his home. By 5:45, the planets are making aspects that point to violence and close personal contact. Look at the grouping in the seventh. Deanie's ruler, the Sun, huddled up with Mars while the Moon, which has slipped into Pisces, is closing on Mercury. He is forcing her to spend time with him, be affectionate with him, listen to him; he is very emotional. The seventh house ruler is now in the fourth house, so there is no doubt in my mind that they are in his home or a place he considered a home. Because the fourth house here is the tenth house for the abductor, it might suggest a place in the school where this man often stayed, even slept. This would certainly be true if he were employed by the school, which the chart seems to suggest. Mars, which disposes of Uranus, is directly square to Uranus, showing that he is in conflict, feeling desire and guilt all at the same time. This is being acted out in fits of violence and emotional outbursts. Moon conjoined Mercury in Pisces, he is colorful and verbal, berating the girl and often using "colorful" language.

Also at 5:45, Venus comes further into the foreground. It now rules the tenth, is still placed in the sixth and opposes the Node, which has moved into the twelfth. The whole point of this event would be the Deanie's death, as this would be the only way to keep this whole thing secret. The node is also sextile to Saturn, which I often read to be the victim's body. It is also often the bones that are found later, after a lot of time has passed. In this chart, Saturn is in the third and with the node in the twelfth I just get the feeling that he buried her right there in the neighborhood. Uranus in Scorpio disposed of by Mars in the seventh and these planets being square also gives me the feeling that she died as the result of a violent attack. Perhaps a sudden violent act during the act of sex or, at the least, close personal contact. I think her death was sudden and a surprise; he did not expect this. With the node in the twelfth, I think the long range plan was to hide her for awhile and continue this relationship for as long as he could, especially with so many planets in the seventh. It's as if he believed they had a relationship. The Moon disposed of by Neptune in the fifth shows his fantasies about children; these were romantic fantasies fueled by contact with the kids. In fact, it is likely he had contact with Deanie in the past and as a result he had built up a vivid fantasy around her, a dream world where he and she had a special relationship.

This relationship is emphasized in the event chart by the contact between Mercury and the Moon. He was busy making his dream a reality; he probably told her all about it. He told her what he dreamed. I am not sure what she might have made of that, although the square here between her ruler, the Sun, and his, Uranus, shows that it is likely the feelings were not mutual. If she fought him or tried to escape, then this could have been the surprise he had not expected. The surprise that led to his violent act that probably ended her life. At 6:45 pm, the Sun falls into the sixth house and with the Sun in fall and weak, Deanie's life was in grave danger. Neptune has moved into the fourth house, disposing the Moon in the seventh, and this shows him acting out his fantasy in a family way. Perhaps he was telling her (Mercury) about how they were going to set up house together as husband and wife. The seventh house is so strong in this chart I cannot shake the suggestion that he wanted a real relationship with this child; that was the entire focus of the abduction.

When I run through the charts and push the aspects forward in time, I find that she probably died around 11:00 that evening, give or take a few minutes. In the chart for 11:00, the planets have formed a death pattern. Capricorn has moved onto the fourth house cusp while Saturn has crossed into the twelfth. The first house ruler has moved into the fourth house. Pluto is in the first and both Pluto and Saturn are disposed of by Venus, which is now Deanie's marker. It's interesting to note that both the Moon and Mercury have moved into the fifth house. The Moon is sinister to an inconjunction to Saturn, which tells me once again that her death was an accident. It was the result of a miscalculation on either Deanie's part or on the part of her abductor. Pluto trine Mars from the first to the fifth house also indicates violence during the act of sex. Mars square Uranus at the same time indicates that this was totally unexpected. He did not intend to kill her. Her death was a mistake. Mars, as his marker, during this death pattern, shows her death to be the direct result of an aggressive act. He just went too far.

I beleive the charts are showing this man to be someone Deanie knew. He worked at the school, most likely in a temporary or part time position. Perhaps he was an assistant coach or substitute teacher. He had close contact with the kids and had had close contact with Deanie. He had built up a big fantasy life around Deanie, his desire and lust driving him to abduct her. It is very likely that he has repeated this behavior with another young girl and anyone from that area who had been fired from a school for inappropriate behavior should be considered. Also, he might be in jail for molesting or raping another child. Anyone from that area, who had a school or teaching background, who had been arrested later on for pedafilia, should be looked at. It is very unlikely that someone with this kind of fantasy life ended his pursuits with Deanie. It is very possible that she was his first victim. But it is not possible, in my opinion, that she was his last.

Generally speaking, he is an unpredictable personality who has strong passions. He may even inspire fear at times, being mysterious and overly emotional. He takes slights poorly and seeks revenge for wrongdoings. If he feels cheated or manipulated, he is likely to make a scene. He may well have been fired from Deanies' school for being a "loose cannon". His eyes are intense and he tends to stare at people. His gaze can be discomforting. He considers himself to be a maverick of sorts and has great pride in "breaking the rules" and "living outside of the box". He may spend some of his life in prison. He is hotheaded and overly sensitive and is known for getting into arguments or fights. He can be stuck in his ways and refuses to consider other people's opinions. His appearance would be dark; dark hair and eyes, swarthy skin. He may have a hawkish nose or a unibrow. He is not attractive and something about his appearance is unusual or off putting. He spends way too much time hanging around kids and the kids may be afraid of him but say nothing about it. He tends to keep secrets and to encourage secrets in others so it's likely that some of the kids in the area at the time had suspicions about him but said nothing.

Although the Astrology charts seem to suggest that Deanie is dead, her body has never been found and her cold case has been reopened in that last few years. Therefor, in the interest of being as much help as possible, I encourage everyone to take a look at Deanie's picture. If you know anything about this girl, about what happened to her, then please call the Grand Rapids SO at 1-616-774-7113. If you see someone who looks like Deanie, no matter how unusual or unexpected the circumstances, give them a call. I am sure they would appreciate any lead they can get. Let's all pray for Deanie and the possibility of her safe return.
"

Source: http://forensicastrology.blogspot.com/2010/07/dean-marie-pyle-peters.html#comment-form

This is just disturbing to me, as the mother to a three year old child. I can't imagine that this person (or these people) would be able to sleep at night knowing that there is a mother out there who has been distraught and weeping for THIRTY YEARS, wondering about the child she gave birth to. Deanie was an infant once, coddled and loved and cherished. She was a toddler learning to walk and talk. She was someone's whole world. How can someone just sit back all these years and ignore this? Even an anonymous note would suffice. An untraceable note, telling LE where her body is. How can they just sit back and let Deanie's mother suffer until the day she to dies? It's unfathomable to me, this kind of cruelty and evil. I simply cannot get over it.
They need to do the right thing, even if it's anonymous and frightened. Tell Deanie's family where she is so she can get the respect and love she deserves in death. It's only right.

30 years this weekend since Dean went missing...Here is a new article with pictures and an interview with her friend

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=152178&catid=14

Deanie Peters disappearance still a mystery 30 years later

Kent County (WZZM) - This weekend marks the 30th anniversary of the disappearance of Deanie Peters. The 14-year-old Forest Hills student was last seen at Central Middle School in February of 1981.

I just realized that a few days ago it was the 30th (!) anniversary of Deanie'#s diappearance. So sad...

I live far away in Germany, but the case of Deanie is one that has been concerning me a lot since I first heard about it almost 5 years ago. I don't understand how this case could never be solved and why it still remains a mystery - and apparantly never got enough attention by the time Deanie vanished.

I just WANT to believe that Deanies case can be solved one day, her family (and herself) just deserve to know about her fate. Although it might seem that there's no reasonable chance after so much time, there are still some cases that can give us hope: Only 2 years ago the murderer of little Ursula Hermann in Germany was convicted after 27 years. Urusla was killed in 1981 and although her body was found 19 days after her disappearance, her murderer could not be convicted until 2008.

Hi All,

WZZM TV in Grand Rapids, Michigan has launched a Facebook page dedicated exclusively to people who want to discuss the Deanie Peters case.

You can access the Facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deanie-Peters-WZZM-13-Investigates/199540380079783?ref=ts

There's also a dedicated Deanie Peters website at WZZM:

http://topics.wzzm13.com/search for deanie peters

Please "like" the Facebook page and help generate the conversation there.
The website has several stories that WZZM reporters have done on the Deanie case over the years.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back