Found Deceased MI - Douglas Calhoun, 39, Detroit, 1 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just now coming across this case. I wonder if the house his vehicle was found at was thoroughly searched. Have we seen any info about his phone?

I'm glad the family took it upon themselves to conduct a search. I'm sure they'll continue. If he was totally drunk and someone wanted to rob him and steal the car I can't understand why they couldn't have done that and left him at home at least (if they had any hearts, of course, which I think they don't).

Reward now up to $6,500, which is also good.

more eyes on this case means more ideas or insights about finding this man. I continue digging. Please let's help this family find their son and brother.

I don't feel like this is a random crime or a robbery or he would have been left where he fell or hidden poorly. The fact that he is so hard to find leads me to believe something he was directly involved in is at the heart of it and he has been well concealed. I wish we knew if he made it inside his house. They have to have some idea of that by now?

I don't feel like this is a random crime or a robbery or he would have been left where he fell or hidden poorly. The fact that he is so hard to find leads me to believe something he was directly involved in is at the heart of it and he has been well concealed. I wish we knew if he made it inside his house. They have to have some idea of that by now?

That would be important - they would definitely have had keys. I do hope the interior of the home was searched well.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/det...ed-for-missing-detroit-chef-and-former-marine
His sister, Dayna Phillips, is devastated.

"Nineteen days today. It's been hell for 19 days, no days are better than others. Its's all horrible. It's all horrible, not knowing,” said Phillps.
His family, friends and pastor are hopeful their dedication to the search will help them find the answer.

"We're out here, boots on the streets looking for family. We believe in faith and we know that god has the power,” said Pastor Lemar Tabb, with Lighthouse Community Church of Detroit.

Anyone with information about Chef Doug is asked to call 313-283-3517. They’re offering a $6,500 cash reward.

Detroit Free Press:

Search under way for 2 cold cases in Detroit backyard

http://on.freep.com/2sTLktc

I haven't posted on WS before but thought I'd share. I hope this doesn't have anything to do with another prominent missing persons case in the area...and I hope that Chef Doug is found safe <3

Call me skeptical, pessimistic, jaded ... but I don't like the "phone call to a friend he was just hanging out with, at 3:00am to say he's okay and going inside now." Side-eye. To my ears it has ALIBI written all over it. Easy enough to verify this conversation via phone records, but it sounds like someone really wants LE to believe he made it home that night, safe and sound. Someone close to him is involved. Carry on.

thinking of you and those who love you today, Mr. Calhoun. So good to keep searching, shaking trees.

Detroit Free Press:

Search under way for 2 cold cases in Detroit backyard

http://on.freep.com/2sTLktc

I haven't posted on WS before but thought I'd share. I hope this doesn't have anything to do with another prominent missing persons case in the area...and I hope that Chef Doug is found safe <3
Welcome to posting on websleuths artvia!

Call me skeptical, pessimistic, jaded ... but I don't like the "phone call to a friend he was just hanging out with, at 3:00am to say he's okay and going inside now." Side-eye. To my ears it has ALIBI written all over it. Easy enough to verify this conversation via phone records, but it sounds like someone really wants LE to believe he made it home that night, safe and sound. Someone close to him is involved. Carry on."

Interesting. My friends and I do this all the time, to make sure we got home safe. Phone calls or Texts, either one.

Interesting. My friends and I do this all the time, to make sure we got home safe. Phone calls or Texts, either one.
We do also but I think the additional details of "going inside now" posted above by MissGulfSouth. He made it home but not inside so still a chance that something could happen. Imho

"We got some information about fraudulent activity on his credit cards which occurred on June 2 - all throughout the day on June 2," Phillips said.

That was Friday, with purchases at liquor stores and gas stations around Brightmoor - but no sign of Doug.

Surely the gas stations at least would have CCTV so the police should be able to see who was using the cards even if the store attendants couldn't remember who did?

back up you go. You never know when someone might see this thread and have a new idea.

I have made a map.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16aVJgsTbMhY3d8fkwoLH5nZcwbY&usp=sharing

A few thing this brought to mind:

1. His friend AJ, who reported talking to him at 3:30am, lives two doors down from him
2. The car was found on a vacant block surrounded by abandoned houses. See the notes for some additional details. If these are accurate, it makes it possible he was actually never in his driveway.
3. There is no indication LE has searched Brightmoor, or the houses, for Doug.
4. The recent body could be him, though after all this time I feel it is more likely he is concealed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back