Found Deceased MI - Douglas Calhoun, 39, Detroit, 1 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the pictures, he appears to be a big, strong guy. If anyone harmed him and dumped his body, there might be more than 1 suspect.

I'm currently following 13 recent cases ... all unresolved.
So frustrating.
Doug worked very hard to accomplish his goals.
Someone was jealous and took advantage of him.
He deserves to be found.
He deserves justice.

back up you go. This needs to be solved. I am really hopeful that LE have info on who used the credit cards, but if so, why not releasing. In so many other cases, we know that LE holds info close to the vest but this one makes me wonder how much they really do have.

Please don't let this go unsolved and let bad people get away with this. Doug, where are you?

^%$#@*&>? Where is this man? Someone knows and needs to start talking.

I seldom send text messages; I'm much more likely to make a phone call, regardless of the circumstances. On the other hand, I don't think I've ever called a friend to say that I got home.
I text girlfriends or have them text me...Home vs a call. Which if ya think about it anyone could send a text vs a call where you hear and know their voice.
Maybe, I have been doing it wrong?

I'd call too, I might even say I was going in the house, being silly or tipsy or just chatty.

So many times in WS threads we put our subjective spin on everything. We think that no one would do that (whatever THAT is) because WE would not do that. Or we would not do it THAT WAY. Sometimes it helps me to step back and say, "it's not right or wrong, it's just different" and remember that there are so many ways to do so many things. Rather than fitting the limited details into what I know and expect, I have to let the information tell the story rather than making up the story and fitting in the pieces.

I'm just feeling helpless and rambling. Where are you, Chef Doug?
I understand and there are times when I have to think is that the norm for most/what would I do?
Thinking inside/outside of the box.

And I would never call anyone at 3:30 am unless it was an emergency. Yes, that is my subjective spin, I filter everything through my own rationale, experience, common sense, and opinion ... but most of all, intuition and gut instinct.
I'm thinking he said I told him to call either earlier(before the call) or after a call was made and that was the reason given.

Chef Doug, where are you?

This poor man. Detroit is so riddled with crime, mayhem and murder ... it's easy for cases to fall between the cracks or put on the back burner. I know he probably isn't alive, he deserves justice.

Take back your streets, Detroit! :bump:

I text girlfriends or have them text me...Home vs a call. Which if ya think about it anyone could send a text vs a call where you hear and know their voice.
Maybe, I have been doing it wrong?

I do too. Just to say "I'm home". My mom always makes me call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just popping in to bump this thread mostly. I know there is a large groups of folks who are not giving up. Where are you?

Call me skeptical, pessimistic, jaded ... but I don't like the "phone call to a friend he was just hanging out with, at 3:00am to say he's okay and going inside now." Side-eye. To my ears it has ALIBI written all over it. Easy enough to verify this conversation via phone records, but it sounds like someone really wants LE to believe he made it home that night, safe and sound. Someone close to him is involved. Carry on.

or for whatever reason maybe a gun was held to his head and he was made to say that

And I would never call anyone at 3:30 am unless it was an emergency. Yes, that is my subjective spin, I filter everything through my own rationale, experience, common sense, and opinion ... but most of all, intuition and gut instinct.
Yeah this is tricky. Friends, family, circumstances, the calling thing, or texting thing is different for all. When the we go out depending on how late, how much we may have been partying, bad weather, concern about neighborhood going to or coming from. It's hard to say what might seem normal or out of place. When I go out it seems the later we break up or the farther from home we are we insist on getting a text or call to say we arrived. If I am contacting family (older folks) I call, my friends mostly likely I text.

Real talk....this was a grown, presumably alpha type male. Those types don't call their friends to let them know they are home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is NOTHING abnormal or 'sketchy' about him calling the person he had been with earlier to let them know he got home safe. 41 years old and my friends and I STILL do this. Could just be a southern thing but I highly doubt it.

There is NOTHING abnormal or 'sketchy' about him calling the person he had been with earlier to let them know he got home safe. 41 years old and my friends and I STILL do this. Could just be a southern thing but I highly doubt it.

I'm 42. I'm not calling anyone at 3:30 am. I'll text. I might say "made it!xo" Not call and say "I made it home. I'm going inside now." It sounds like a story to me. I can't explain it beyond that. It just gave me a bad feeling when I read that. JMO

All that really matters now is that Doug is missing and needs to be located.
https://findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/38809
attachment.php

Missing
Douglas
Middle nameJeffery
Last nameCalhoun
Nickname/Alias
Date last seenJune 03, 2017 00:00
Date entered06/26/2017
[TD]First name[/TD]
Age last seen 39 to years old
Age now39 years old