Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why do you think mental illness is something to be hidden? Why are you so ashamed of that diagnosis?

Why do my posts cause a vitriolic reaction? Read my post again for what I actually said.

Hint: mental illness, like any illness, is a person's private business. Laws have been enacted to protect people's private medical business. What makes someone's illness anyone else's business whether it's mental or physical? If Dr. Patrick had been suffering from cancer, it would still be her private business.

Forgive my bluntness and strong opinion, but this Carlin is making me sick! HE is taking advantage of a family that is grieving the loss of their daughter. Not to mention, he is feeding their denial because he wants more money. I have seen this same scenario play out too many times in my career and frankly, it's disgusting.

Gah!

If the parents feel there was foul play...and they wanted the second autopsy to be performed, I say more power to them.

However, if tomorrow the autopsy report reveals a homicide after a two hour autopsy and attorneys start screaming "cover up" shortly thereafter, I will be highly suspicious of intentions on the part of Carlin, et al.

Why do my posts cause a vitriolic reaction? Read my post again for what I actually said.

Hint: mental illness, like any illness, is a person's private business. Laws have been enacted to protect people's private medical business. What makes someone's illness anyone else's business whether it's mental or physical? If Dr. Patrick had been suffering from cancer, it would still be her private business.
When it is posted for all the world to see on public forums by the person then it is no longer considered private or confidential. Laws protect people who do not wish to discuss/acknowledge/release their medical information, but Dr. Patrick openly put it out there. Not only when she was having issues, but when she was addressing other people having similar issues in an effort to give advice. Sadly, it was brought out because of this tragic situation.

If the parents feel there was foul play...and they wanted the second autopsy to be performed, I say more power to them.

However, if tomorrow the autopsy report reveals a homicide after a two hour autopsy and attorneys start screaming "cover up" shortly thereafter, I will be highly suspicious of intentions on the part of Carlin, et al.
More power to them--Less power to Carlin :twocents:

Is it normal for a PI to be present? Wouldn't you want an attorney instead?
No. It isn't normal, but I think it does happen.

I would want a team of Forensic Pathologists to be there instead of him if there was any question about the circumstances. ;) (In this case, I see no reason to question a finding of accidental drowning.)

I don't see any vitriol. Dissenting opinions, yes, but not vitriol. :truce:

Teleka never had a diagnosis to be disclosed. People (here, in media, LE, the general public) made assumptions of mental illness based on all the facts surrounding the case.

There was no way of knowing the social media sifting wouldn't help to find her. LE did not go through every tweet. If it hadn't been done by crowdsourcing, and there had been a clue in there, and no one searched so no one found it...that would have been the travesty. It's only in hindsight that it was an exercise in futility. Had it born fruit, helped to find her alive, I think she and her family would be grateful. Not angry because her privacy was invaded--though she'd posted it publicly.

IMO, Teleka is beyond being worried about her personal business being 'out there'. By the time her tweets and suspected diagnosis were truly 'out there' for thousands to read, she was in a much better place, beyond worry about what we're doing down here. Her parents appear not to even believe she was mentally ill, so I don't think what people--strangers-- believe their daughter's diagnosis is to be really anything they are currently dwelling on, or should spend time dwelling on. Moo! :seeya:

It is kind of too bad that her SM did come to light, as it has probably made MS's life quite unpleasant. Jmo both of their reputations, for lack of a better word, would have remained "untarnished" as it were, if she had been found right away. Jmo

Gospel singer urged to make peace with family of Kalamazoo doctor found dead
"A Maryland-based religious activist group is asking gospel singer Marvin Sapp to “prove his Christianity” by making peace with Dr. Teleka Patrick’s family and holding a vigil Saturday in her memory.

The Pray at the Pump Movement is also making a broad appeal for churches in Michigan and elsewhere to pray for Patrick."

<snip>
"Maryland resident Rocky Twyman, founder of the Pray at the Pump Movement, said in a phone interview he believes it would help her family get closure if Sapp reached out to them to help them grieve and begin the healing process."

He's going under the bus. IMO

People are posting horrible things on his page. This whole thing is such a tragedy. Teleka, her family, and MS and his family. God let this stop and the healing begin.

Maybe he should meet privately with her family without the PI fanning the flames and show them the stuff Teleka was sending him.

Why is the family calling for a second autopsy? To knowledge there was not a first. They've merely identified the body and claimed alleged drowning. They haven't even received toxicology reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still feel bad. Had she been found the next day or day after that, a lot of her personal business would have probably not become widely known or discussed. Her family and some friends and maybe a few at work or so would have known about or learned about her mental condition but not thousands and hundreds of thousands. The thing about mental illness is there is no predicting actions if the sufferer isn't disclosing what they're thinking of doing. It's a hidden disease in that way. Every person is different, every manifestation of mental illness is different. It's a highly personal issue, and ultimately no one's business but the sufferer, their family, their doctor(s), unless they commit a felony. TP was not a felon.

I listened to the press conference the other day and yes, LE did say that social media and TP's voluminous tweets, some recovered after she deleted them, did not assist them in their investigation and they had to (paraphrasing here) ignore all the noise around that and stay focused on their tasks. It caught my attention when he said it because LE doesn't normally talk about social media, but this officer/press person did and I thought his comment was quite pointed.

No one has to agree with me, these are my feelings and opinions and observations, which I'm entitled to express.

Everything or almost everything being revealed about TP, will bring to light how mental illness can effect anyone, even intellegent people like her.

My friend is a Psychiatrist, and we discussed mental illness, and how it can ruin an indivduals life, even without family members knowing sometimes.

Why is the family calling for a second autopsy? To knowledge there was not a first. They've merely identified the body and claimed alleged drowning. They haven't even received toxicology reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better to check twice...the Kendrick Johnson case, what would you have done, if he was your son?..and many others, we don't hear about, you nver know.

Second Autopsy performed on Teleka Patrick...PI Carlin was in attendance

I feel Carlin is the one who suggested a second autopsy be done. He just doesn't want to let go of this family and the short fame it has given him. He doesn't want to be proven flat wrong about his stupid allegations either that he has thrown out there since day one of signing on. It will show he is not a good PI after all and was barking up the wrong tree all along.

I have no problem with having a second autopsy if it was done by a reputable forensic pathologist , Imo, the results will be in line with the state MEs opinion who has no dog in this fight.

So if they need a second opinion showing that it was an accidental drowning, then so be it.

It is just prolonging the inevitable for Carlin and he knows it. Once the second autopsy is done then how can he continue to hook the family for more funds? It is only delaying the family discharging him and once everything comes back it will be over for Carlin for good concerning TPs case.

Unless Carlin is standing there looking at the process, and examining evidence, not sure what good he's doing in there. Is this ME going to say "look, here's a bruise they missed, Carlin". I don't think so. To me, it's all a show that this Carlin is masterminding. I didn't think he ever thought somebody chased Teleka down and choked her or shot her. Not until his 15 minutes of fame was fading.

Maybe he should meet privately with her family without the PI fanning the flames and show them the stuff Teleka was sending him.

Maybe there are people who should come to Marvin Sapp and apologize for accusing him falsely concerning Teleka's disappearance.

I have never expected Mr. Sapp to come to Teleka's family and speak with them. He was a victim of Teleka when she stalked him, and has never even had a relationship with her. Since when does a victim of stalking come to the family of the stalker? Shouldn't that be the other way around? Maybe someone should be coming to him instead and apologize for falsely accusing him.

It is obvious Carlin has tried his very best to include Marvin Sapp in Teleka's disappearance and he DOES represent her family, so MS speaking with anyone in that family just isn't going to happen nor should it, imo.

What angers me is that Carlin,, who represents this family, thinks he is much smarter than all the law agencies who actually investigated this tragic case. He totally dismissed the clear and concise words of LE when they said that Marvin Sapp is nothing other than a victim of stalking by TP. And then he wonders why MS refused to talk with him. Is he serious? Really? He cant figure out why MS refuses to talk to a man who has been hell bent on having him involved in something he had no involvement in?

My anger is not directed at you concernedmother but at how all of this was handled by Carlin.

This Jim Carlin is nothing but an instigator. He has been spouting ridiculous theories since day one. I am beginning to suspect that the Patrick family hired him because he said things that gave them hope that their daughter would be found alive. They were/are grieving and shocked and he seems to be taking advantage of that.

I hope the second autopsy will bring the family closer to acceptance. They seem like nice people and they deserve to heal. :please:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000
Back