Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When something horrible happens, we naturally want something or someone to blame. Losing one's child is the pinnacle of horrible unfair things. We naturally want to scream about the unfairness of it.

My heart goes out to the Patricks. I know first hand how excruciating it is to lose a child. (and yes, even at 30 she was their child). Their (possible) thoughts on "blame" and wanting someone else (besides their child or a mental health issue) to blame is entirely natural.

They are trying to make sense of their loss - a necessary first step in the grief process. Please try to be gentle with them, they are probably not thinking clearly. Would you be if you were in their shoes? No matter how implausible an alternate scenario is, they are mentally going to "go there." Why? Self preservation, grief processing, learning to accept. Some might say too, that faced with the idea that mental illness took their child from them, they would have to confront the idea that they might have been able to help her and avoided her senseless death.

So, please try to view it through compassion. You never know how you will react to something, until it is you standing in those shoes. I hope to G*d you never ever know.

Even though I found my son and knew what happened (suicide by hanging) my first gut reaction was 'Who has done this to my child?"

It's normal.

Praying for peace.

When something horrible happens, we naturally want something or someone to blame. Losing one's child is the pinnacle of horrible unfair things. We naturally want to scream about the unfairness of it.

My heart goes out to the Patricks. I know first hand how excruciating it is to lose a child. (and yes, even at 30 she was their child). Their (possible) thoughts on "blame" and wanting someone else (besides their child or a mental health issue) to blame is entirely natural.

They are trying to make sense of their loss - a necessary first step in the grief process. Please try to be gentle with them, they are probably not thinking clearly. Would you be if you were in their shoes? No matter how implausible an alternate scenario is, they are mentally going to "go there." Why? Self preservation, grief processing, learning to accept. Some might say too, that faced with the idea that mental illness took their child from them, they would have to confront the idea that they might have been able to help her and avoided her senseless death.

So, please try to view it through compassion. You never know how you will react to something, until it is you standing in those shoes. I hope to G*d you never ever know.

Even though I found my son and knew what happened (suicide by hanging) my first gut reaction was 'Who has done this to my child?"

It's normal.

Praying for peace.

I do agree with your passionate post.

However; Teleka's family isn't the only one that has been hurt since she disappeared. Wanting to blame someone is natural, but to do it so publicly by continuing to say that MS is involved somehow, seems a little extreme to me. Hurting another innocent person in order to get over their own hurt doesn't seem right to me. False allegations have to also be some of the worst pain and hurt to suffer through too imo

While I do think it is natural to want to blame someone else, I just don't think it is natural to specifically name someone, who the police has clearly said is a victim only. While they certainly have the right to grieve as they wish, I don't think that should include falsely accusing someone, and creating even more pain and anguish for others who are not even involved. In all of this Pastor Sapp and his children's feelings have to count as well.

I am so sorry for your loss psyquestor. I am heartbroken to know you lost your precious son.

IMO

It is just wrong to use grief as an excuse to attempt to ruin a life. There is not even a hint of evidence that MS had anything to do with Teleka dying. Even knowing this was coming, I am still shocked that someone in her family can't stop this train wreck...jmo

I get what your saying OBE, and I agree it looks like from what I read, she probably was running and fell into the lake.

But, the Patricks probably see someone chasing her......I'm glad its not my child, not nice to have to face this kind of tragedy, and torment for the rest of your life.

Sadly, I think the only thing chasing Teleka was the products of her own mind and whatever she was dealing with mentally. In her own mind she was in a relationship with MS, thousands of tweets illustrate this, yet not a single communication from him to her except a restraining order. Parts of her thinking were clearly not aligned with reality.

I am in no way bashing Teleka, I feel she was a victim but not a victim of a being pushed into the lake by someone. She was a victim of the obvious relentless activities that were going on in her own mind. How very terrifying for someone so incredibly intelligent and driven to succeed to have that brilliant mind seemingly turn on her and apparently produce whatever it was that she was so desperately trying to get away from.

I know she was not diagnosed with anything, I know I am no expert on the subject. I truly think that there needs to be a professional analysis/profile (whatever you might call it) not of her body but her mind/mental state by professionals. She has left behind thousands of tweets, posts, worked among doctors and other professionals who could contribute their observations of their interactions with her and many others aspects of her life that could be looked at and considered. (No, not all revealed to us, but to professionals, and we the public would get a summary of the essentials to better understanding what happened).

I know we have talked about her right to privacy, her right to dignity and respect and i completely respect that. But I also feel that Teleka is at peace now, the voices in her mind have quieted and she finally beyond pain, distress, striving to succeed and driving herself to exhaustion. I hope that she sees that her life was not a failure, that she achieved so much.

To be a doctor was so important to Teleka, her life's work, and as a doctor, I feel she would want what happened to her to be studied so that it could help others. That should be Teleka's legacy, to help others in situations like hers, to help us understand what she was going thru, to help get past the stigma of conditions like this.

RIP Teleka, though you may be gone, may the light of your life continue to shine and bring help and healing to others, especially your grieving loved ones.

It is just wrong to use grief as an excuse to attempt to ruin a life. There is not even a hint of evidence that MS had anything to do with Teleka dying. Even knowing this was coming, I am still shocked that someone in her family can't stop this train wreck...jmo

I totally agree. I think we all have come to love Teleka as a person but that should not be expected to extend to seeing an innocent person railroaded.

Many of us have had death in our family and I have never wanted to see anyone innocent go down.

Anger is fine but if they cannot bring themselves to even fathom that Teleka had mental issues, then they are never going to move past believing that someone murdered their daughter.

Regardless of the hotel footage (I have a feeling that the family was able to see the footage AND heard of what Teleka was saying but they are not going to mention this and we can assume why), the restraining order, the tweets, or anything else that the LE has told them but have not told us.

I'm with you. I can't have that much sympathy for someone to the point of wanting to blame an innocent man.

It's normal.

Praying for peace.

psyquestor, I am so, so very sorry for your loss.

I understand what you are saying and agree that her parents are working through grief.

Jim Carlin, however, is not.

This explanation would not apply to him.

And he is encouraging them.

I do agree with your passionate post.

However; Teleka's family isn't the only one that has been hurt since she disappeared. Wanting to blame someone is natural, but to do it so publicly by continuing to say that MS is involved somehow, seems a little extreme to me. Hurting another innocent person in order to get over their own hurt doesn't seem right to me. False allegations have to also be some of the worst pain and hurt to suffer through too imo

While I do think it is natural to want to blame someone else, I just don't think it is natural to specifically name someone, who the police has clearly said is a victim only. While they certainly have the right to grieve as they wish, I don't think that should include falsely accusing someone, and creating even more pain and anguish for others who are not even involved. In all of this Pastor Sapp and his children's feelings have to count as well.

I am so sorry for your loss psyquestor. I am heartbroken to know you lost your precious son.

IMO

I'm only talking in generalities, not specifics. I have not looked into any allegations they've made in regards to Pastor Sapp, I simply can understand how it's possible for it to form in their heads as an alternate explanation. Moreover, with the PI echoing these sentiments, it possibly keeps it alive in their minds. (IMOO).

What seems obvious to you or me, is not necessarily obvious to her parents, who are grieving. The PI? He has no such "excuse" if he likewise makes any suppositions.

(again, I have not read their allegations, so can't talk specifics).

I do agree that MS has been a victim of this entire circumstance and I feel pity for his family that their actions have been called into question. They owe no explanations, apologies or sympathy for any of this. IMOO.

I totally agree. I think we all have come to love Teleka as a person but that should not be expected to extend to seeing an innocent person railroaded.

Many of us have had death in our family and I have never wanted to see anyone innocent go down.

Anger is fine but if they cannot bring themselves to even fathom that Teleka had mental issues, then they are never going to move past believing that someone murdered their daughter.

Regardless of the hotel footage (I have a feeling that the family was able to see the footage AND heard of what Teleka was saying but they are not going to mention this and we can assume why), the restraining order, the tweets, or anything else that the LE has told them but have not told us.

I'm with you. I can't have that much sympathy for someone to the point of wanting to blame an innocent man.

If they saw her online videos, that should be enough to convince them that she had a mental issue.

Feelings do not need to make sense for them to be real. The family may be operating from feelings rather than logic. (in fact, I believe most of us would).

Not sure if this is directed at my post, but if so-

I have not said it excuses anything or argued any of the points this post is making. So - ummm - yeah.

I have no idea what the family has said of MS since Dr. Patrick's remains were discovered and have no comments about specific comments made.

I do however caution people to be a bit more compassionate about the parents behavior or statements (in GENERAL) as they are operating from pain. (again, not excusing, just relating).

Clear enough?

I'm very. Saddened to hear that she was found in lake Charles and wonder if hypothermia set in or if she shed any clothing but she had her coat on. WTH could Hv caused her to go into that lake unless we look at possible suicide considering all the facts that just came out she knew. Her case went viral videos were out stalking charges so I'm extremely surprised this wasn't ruled a suicide. Profiling all of the facts led me to suicide. Now that we knw where she ended up. How far of a walk is it frm her car to the lake please?

If they saw her online videos, that should be enough to convince them that she had a mental issue.

I tend to agree that her erotomania was obvious to a trained eye...but her family refused to acknowledge any mental health issues more like their religion doesn't accept theses MS views. Jmo
When I outted her obvious erotomania towards MS thats how we all found out about the stalking charges. Since thy r saying case closed, MS must Hv bn alibied for that night.i would Hv ruled suicide but I am certain the family would nvr accept or acknowledge that, considering their faith.

I do feel so awfully sad as all this time I had huge hope she was w a friend trying to start over. She left her badge on her desk she wasn't coming back, ergo suicide is plausible IMHO.

It's normal.

Praying for peace.

So sorry for your loss.
Teleka was 30 years old; according to her family; they had no reason to suspect she suffered from anything. If this is correct; of course they're going to try to figure out what happened. Stalking someone was also probably totally out of character for Teleka too. They probably can't wrap their heads around it. Look at her friend; he believed someone was after her too.

If anything comes of this; I would like to see that fence fixed; so that someone else does not roll down a hill in the dark.

I'm very. Saddened to hear that she was found in lake Charles and wonder if hypothermia set in or if she shed any clothing but she had her coat on. WTH could Hv caused her to go into that lake unless we look at possible suicide considering all the facts that just came out she knew. Her case went viral videos were out stalking charges so I'm extremely surprised this wasn't ruled a suicide. Profiling all of the facts led me to suicide. Now that we knw where she ended up. How far of a walk is it frm her car to the lake please?

RBBM: I think the working assumption is that she maybe "fell" into the water.

Once I found out about the restraining order, and in light of how Teleka was always so worried/protective about her career, I also felt that suicide was an option. We talked about it months ago and I think the answer was that a person looking to work in the health field would have a very difficult time w/employment once that stalking restraining order (and possible renewal) came up.

However, her family is super religious and the LE really has no evidence to have led to a suicide (I assume), so I can understand why this is being officially labeled an accident.

How deep is the lake at the edges? Anyone know?

Okay, that's IT. I am hopping mad. I totally understand that to lose a child adult or minor is something I have not experienced and cannot speak to personally. But I will say, I have sat back and watched this thing play out with the first PI and now this unusual person] (self edit) and I cannot even express within TOS how angry I am at him for continuing to collect his pay (if he is receiving any) and keep his face, name and mouth in the news at this point.

I do not feel that continued vilification of MS honors Dr. Patrick in ANY WAY SHAPE OF FORM!

Shame on him. Period. And although her family is grieving, if they allow this to continue I am angry with them as well.

Taking a break. Done for the night and maybe a while because to post within TOS is extremely hard right now.

The media is partially to blame. She drowned, and until something else comes up indicating differently, they need to walk away from him and, harsh or not, the family. They need to grieve and pull through. The more they keep Teleka in the news, the more MS, with his considerable connections, will sully Teleka's name and what's left of her reputation. IMO

People make worse videos every day and send them to potential love interests. At least Dr. Patrick's were tame. She kept her clothes on and cooked him dinner. She sang to him. I see a woman trying to entice a man with food and song. Probably what her parents would see, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back