Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi margarita,
I still think about Teleka a lot. You know how some people are changed and inspired to live their life more each day? Teleka has done that for me. Some days it is a struggle, especially with my depression.

I still look for her while I'm out. I just got used to looking for her (I'm not far from one of the places where she could have been hiding).

It just breaks my heart that she went through so much. We need young, African American women to continue down the trail that hasn't been blazed for long (unfortunately). I wish she was still here and that by some miracle we could have helped her. In my fantasy land.

I think the hard part of letting go of this case is she was so darn close to finally getting help. I think with her case going public and the discoveries of her tweets she would have been forced to get help and could have lead a full and productive life. I guess it ended up being one episode too late. :)

Nothing that we all don't know. Her family feel she was murdered. I expect we will here more in the future from the PI and they will continue to do their own investigation. JMO.

BBM: IMO that PI is collecting checks from her family and is selling them a false bill of goods.

Remember he kept saying before that he felt she was alive somewhere and would be found (cop's intuition, yeah sure). Now he changes his tune.

I have a feeling his "investigation" will take awhile and will come up empty.

I still think the guy can barely turn on a computer. :rolleyes:

IMHO

Nothing that we all don't know. Her family feel she was murdered. I expect we will here more in the future from the PI and they will continue to do their own investigation. JMO.

Who would want to make away with her? They said it was an accident.

Was she being chased to the lake? there is nothing else.

BBM: IMO that PI is collecting checks from her family and is selling them a false bill of goods.

Remember he kept saying before that he felt she was alive somewhere and would be found. Now he changes his tune.

I have a feeling his "investigation" will take awhile and will come up empty.

I still think the guy can barely turn on a computer. :rolleyes:

IMHO

He should of spent some money, and searched the lake when the ice melted, maybe he would of found her.

I said a long time ago, what I think about him.

In the documents, Sapp says Patrick reached out to him and showed up at his house more than 400 times.

Police made it clear that Sapp was not a suspect in Patrick's disappearance.

http://www.abc57.com/home/top-stories/Sapp-257081241.html

400 times? That had to be scary for Rev. Sapp and his kids!

I have to wonder if Teleka was a man & the reverend was a woman, would we be seeing some in the public who still want to blame Rev. Sapp and not see him as a victim? I think many people would have a much easier time accepting that a man was mentally ill (and died as a result of that illness) & was stalking a woman who was completely innocent. I'm not wording this correctly but I hope it makes sense. I just think it's harder for our society to accept that woman can be a dangerous, mentally unstable stalker stalking an innocent man (and that's why many people want to blame Rev. Sapp for her death).

I told my mom about this case and she said "well, I'm sorry she died but at least she died before she hurt or killed someone else" (meaning someone other than Teleka). At the time I thought my mom as being really harsh and I wasn't sure Teleka would ever hurt anyone (I know she wouldn't have done it purposely, but I didn't think she would even because of her mental illness). I'm starting to think I underestimated the terror she was bringing to the Sapps. It may well have escalated to a point where someone besides Teleka would have gotten hurt or killed had she not died (and continued to not seek help).

I'm so sorry the Sapp family has had to go through this ordeal. I'm also sorry for Teleka's family and for Teleka herself - they are all victims of her diseased mind and the sad prevalence of the stigma against mental illness that led to Teleka not being treated.

I hope everyone out there (not talking about anyone on WS, but out on the Internet, etc) will stop re-victimizing Rev. Sapp by trying to blame him.

I am thinking the 400 is a combination of written contact and coming to his home.

I am thinking the 400 is a combination of written contact and coming to his home.

correct, it was a poorly written article by the media in South Bend. 400 pages of docs that Marvin used to back up the PPO along with at least one visit, likely not many if any more visits to the home.

Indeed, the Sapp family is freed from the uncertainty/fear of having a stalker off the grid for 3 months, but in a most unfortunate way.

I hope the family can come to grips with reality as part of their healing process. Don't think that will be too soon though....

I went up to Speedway (IN) all weekend for the Indy 500 (love being a local this time of year :))

Anyways, there was a huge electronic billboard type thing with some statistics about mental illness. It said something about stopping the stigma. It was right across from the main entrance to the track where everyone drives by, parks, etc. Hundreds of thousands of people had to have seen that sign. We need more awareness like that about the stigma put on mental illness!

It just reminded me of Teleka. I hope she's resting in peace and also that her family finds peace in this tragic outcome. :rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the documents, Sapp says Patrick reached out to him and showed up at his house more than 400 times.

Police made it clear that Sapp was not a suspect in Patrick's disappearance.

http://www.abc57.com/home/top-stories/Sapp-257081241.html

That's incorrect. He never stated she showed up at his home 400 times, he reported that he was in possession of 400 pages of correspondence from her.......big difference.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/04/teleka-patrick-missing-doctor_n_4541062.html

I went up to Speedway (IN) all weekend for the Indy 500 (love being a local this time of year :))

Anyways, there was a huge electronic billboard type thing with some statistics about mental illness. It said something about stopping the stigma. It was right across from the main entrance to the track where everyone drives by, parks, etc. Hundreds of thousands of people had to have seen that sign. We need more awareness like that about the stigma put on mental illness!

It just reminded me of Teleka. I hope she's resting in peace and also that her family finds peace in this tragic outcome. :rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stigma or not, I don't think people as disturbed as TP seemed to be, would seek help. Not because of any stigma....but, because in the mind of the person who is mentally ill...they are not ill. My nephew has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. He adamantly denies it. Unfortunately.

Stigma or not, I don't think people as disturbed as TP seemed to be, would seek help. Not because of any stigma....but, because in the mind of the person who is mentally ill...they are not ill. My nephew has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. He adamantly denies it. Unfortunately.

Correct. Poor insight is part of mental illness. It is all so difficult to think how we could work to improve mental healthcare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Amanda, good article, I'd really like to read that whole report, too bad they didn't upload and link it.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/08/teleka_patrick_case_police_rep.html

The police report.

Very lengthy and very informative article about Teleka's mental state and reports from people who saw her last.
Quite disturbing is the incident in July after she arrived in Kalamazoo, which got the attention of the staff at the medical school. Even with a negative result on the drug test, it seems odd that nothing further was done, especially as she was in residency Likewise it is also difficult to believe there were no further incidents in the ensuing months. Just sad all around that she never got the help she needed.

:(

MOO

Explains so much and fills in the gaps and just confirms what I thought all along. So sad he did not get help...I can only imagine the raging battle going on in her mind.

Thankfully she is at peace now; sadly she lost her life.
She could have accomplished great things had she gotten help.

I hope this beautiful disordered mind and spirit are resting peacefully now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back