GUILTY MI - Egypt Covington, 27, found murdered in her home, Belleville, 23 June 2017 *arrests in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good to see people keeping this thread moving. I think of Egypt often. May her justice be coming soon. I do we had more personnel available to do the DNA and other tests needed when crimes are committed.

Another case that I hoped to see closure on so much faster. May it be the day, any day now. [emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe more things may come to the surface once DNA is returned. Right now Wayne County is running about 5-6 months to get results back.

It's been nearly 7 months and no news on any DNA results. I'm shocked that LE hasn't made an arrest or named a POI. I can only hope the investigation is further along than we know and LE is just keeping things close to the vest.

But if there was no evidence of a forced entry and indications are that Egypt knew her killer then why does her case look like it's stalled? To my knowledge there haven't been any other similar murders in Belleville - has anyone else heard of any? So it appears that the murderer is someone Egypt knew. How hard can it be to interview her known friends and vet their alibis?

I'm frustrated. I really thought this was going to be an open and shut case.

Glad to see this one bumped up. I have been thinking abut her case lately, and find no current reports. I know of no other similar crimes in the area. Like you, I feel she likely knew this person and let him in.

It's been nearly 7 months and no news on any DNA results. I'm shocked that LE hasn't made an arrest or named a POI. I can only hope the investigation is further along than we know and LE is just keeping things close to the vest.

But if there was no evidence of a forced entry and indications are that Egypt knew her killer then why does her case look like it's stalled? To my knowledge there haven't been any other similar murders in Belleville - has anyone else heard of any? So it appears that the murderer is someone Egypt knew. How hard can it be to interview her known friends and vet their alibis?

I'm frustrated. I really thought this was going to be an open and shut case.

It might be that DNA did return however that DNA could be explained. The person had been in the home before. No forced entry says a lot. I have faith they are building a case and he will be charged. It can be a difficult case when the killer had been in the home previously and planned it so he could not be traced. Patience.

I did see that a family member has started a account to help make fliers, etc.

Moved to the Ypsilanti area in January and came on here after seeing so many signs for EC around. Googled her and found only stale summer news articles about the case. Any updates?

Moved to the Ypsilanti area in January and came on here after seeing so many signs for EC around. Googled her and found only stale summer news articles about the case. Any updates?

nothing ... :tears:

Welcome to the area, neighbor.

Saw beautiful Egypt's picture on a billboard by Detroit Metro. Such a tragedy. Bump and prayers.

Had a Google Alert - but nothing much on the investigation by LE....

Family of murdered Belleville singer raising money for private detective
http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loc...le-singer-raising-money-for-private-detective

(WJBK) - Loved ones are still looking for justice eight months after the death of 27-year-old Egypt Covington.
[.....]
Police have said her death didn't appear to be random, and believe she likely knew her killer. She died just says before her 28th birthday.
[.....]
This weekend, the family held a fundraiser at Belleville Moose Lodge hoping to get enough money to hire a private detective to look into her case.

Bump for Egypt. Can’t believe they still haven’t caught whoever did this.

WDIV's Koco McAboy interviewed Egypt's mother who says that she is hiring a private investigator because nine months is too long without progress in the case. Video not posted yet but should be sometime this evening. www.clickondetroit.com

WDIV's Koco McAboy interviewed Egypt's mother who says that she is hiring a private investigator because nine months is too long without progress in the case. Video not posted yet but should be sometime this evening. www.clickondetroit.com

It’s up now: https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...r-van-buren-township-woman-found-dead-in-home
Lt. Charles Bazzy with the Van Buren Township Police Department said they are continuing to receive tips daily on the case. He said they are waiting for more evidence from the lab to come in, and are getting the FBI involved in the case. Bazzy also said they police zeroing in on a suspect and hoping to release a name in the near future.

It’s up now: https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...r-van-buren-township-woman-found-dead-in-home
Lt. Charles Bazzy with the Van Buren Township Police Department said they are continuing to receive tips daily on the case. He said they are waiting for more evidence from the lab to come in, and are getting the FBI involved in the case. Bazzy also said they police zeroing in on a suspect and hoping to release a name in the near future.

From your link and bolded by me:

Egypt was found shot, killed and bound in her home in June of last year.

Is this new information? I read back on the thread and also through some old msm articles and couldn't find anything about Egypt being bound. So if that's accurate then according to LE they believe her murder wasn't random, it was someone she knew, there was no evidence of forced entry and now we learn she was bound.

Lt. Bazzy said they're still waiting on lab results (maybe that includes DNA) and hopefully when all the forensics are in they'll have enough for probable cause. IMO they've had someone in their crosshairs for a while and will move to arrest soon.

From your link and bolded by me:

Is this new information? I read back on the thread and also through some old msm articles and couldn't find anything about Egypt being bound. So if that's accurate then according to LE they believe her murder wasn't random, it was someone she knew, there was no evidence of forced entry and now we learn she was bound.

Lt. Bazzy said they're still waiting on lab results (maybe that includes DNA) and hopefully when all the forensics are in they'll have enough for probable cause. IMO they've had someone in their crosshairs for a while and will move to arrest soon.

This was the first I learned about her having been “bound”. I agree, they have had a good idea who is responsible for most of the investigation. Hoping something breaks soon.

Just got that update re being bound. I haven't read that before. That is definitely "new" to us.

Sounds like LE do have a suspect in mind!!

:rose:

Unless the perp wore gloves, there would probably be DNA from skin cells on whatever was used to bind the victim.

Former boyfriend named person of interest in case of Van Buren Township woman's death
Egypt Covington found brutally murdered inside her home

VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, Mich. - A person of interest has been named the death case of a Van Buren Township woman found brutally slain in her home.

The Van Buren Police Department has named Kenneth Michalak as a person of interest in Egypt Covington's shooting death. It's been nine months since Covington was killed, and police want to speak to Michalak in connection with the case.

Michalak is Covington's former boyfriend. Police said they had a long relationship...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...nnection-with-van-buren-township-womans-death

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back