MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got caught up - only have a few mins at work (was too exhausted last night to log in)

Just as an FYI about the area...Saginaw is a very SMALL step behind Flint and Detroit in terms of violence. BV the city is the south side of saginaw...the BV cops are overloaded. There are shootings daily there.

I just want to stress to seeking - DO NOT ASSUME that small police force has done ANYTHING...unless they specifically say/said "yes we did that"

That motel is not right in BV - but Bridgeport, which is a little better I guess, so I was wondering why Bridgeport police were not involved.

Either way - it's not the town you would stay at a motel to visit the great lakes. It's just as depressed as saginaw, flint, detroit all are.

I have found someone who can take flyers over there - it's just a matter of finding someone to go post them. BV is not a place for me to be wandering alone, at any time of day or night, let's just say that.

I am working on someone who can work Bridgeport too...there is a state police post in Bridgeport too, so it's weird to me that they are not involved. But, it all boils down to what ever LE office first handles the case (BV) and how serious they actually take it...and their resources (very limited and stretched too thin).

WE CAN'T ASSUME THEY HAVE DONE ANYTHING OTHER THAT WHAT THEY SPECIFICALLY SAID THEY DID!!!

longtall, I just submitted his info to all the detroit networks and the remaining saginaw/flint ones...

I am very glad to see you back on the thread!

I can volunteer to hang fliers (but would want a buddy for that area)

Just got caught up - only have a few mins at work (was too exhausted last night to log in)

Just as an FYI about the area...Saginaw is a very SMALL step behind Flint and Detroit in terms of violence. BV the city is the south side of saginaw...the BV cops are overloaded. There are shootings daily there.

I just want to stress to seeking - DO NOT ASSUME that small police force has done ANYTHING...unless they specifically say/said "yes we did that"

That motel is not right in BV - but Bridgeport, which is a little better I guess, so I was wondering why Bridgeport police were not involved.

Either way - it's not the town you would stay at a motel to visit the great lakes. It's just as depressed as saginaw, flint, detroit all are.

I have found someone who can take flyers over there - it's just a matter of finding someone to go post them. BV is not a place for me to be wandering alone, at any time of day or night, let's just say that.

I am working on someone who can work Bridgeport too...there is a state police post in Bridgeport too, so it's weird to me that they are not involved. But, it all boils down to what ever LE office first handles the case (BV) and how serious they actually take it...and their resources (very limited and stretched too thin).

WE CAN'T ASSUME THEY HAVE DONE ANYTHING OTHER THAT WHAT THEY SPECIFICALLY SAID THEY DID!!!
bbm: I think they need to get involved if they aren't already. Does the local force have to request their help or can the family do it?

I'm half tempted to call Bridgeport Police myself to see if Buena Vista has even extended a phone call to them... Is there even the slightest chance Miller's Motel falls under Bzv's jurisdiction instead of Bridgeport?

Besides the child that he has with exGF, does Eric have other children by his former wives?

Does Eric have any known medical and/or mental health issues?

None that we are aware of as far as other children.

Not aware of any diagnosis he received as an adult in the mental health area, and no medical stuff that we can see would pertain.

Right right right, I hear you... But why did she have to tell him? Was it a big reason that made it a must or just a small reason such as her conscience getting to her for keeping it from him?

For instance, if the child needed an organ... Or blood if it's a rare type... Or marrow bc a match couldn't be found...

I don't think anyone said she HAD to tell him. She did tell him though. He never said anything about some desperate reason that made her decide to or anything like that.

Gaming yes, online - unknown. That's a world none of us live in...

Wow! Ok... This is kind of important bc several online gaming communities have chat set up within their own sites. I am good at locating user names, but I need some games he may have been interested in. I already know he liked fantasy stuff bc of his FB uid & 1 of his Twitter accounts. I need just 1 or 2 game interests to get started. Do you have any titles at all & if not could you find out from somebody that may know?

Just to let you know, chat within online gaming very rarely have enforced rules. Anything can be set up.

What kind of cell did he have? I mean, do you know if he had an iPhone or Blackberry, or other? You probably have access to his Facebook wall, so if it's possible, and without posting his wall comments, could you please keep going down his wall to see if he downloaded anything to FB referring to his phone, for example maybe ***downloaded Facebook for iPhone*** or ***diwnloaded Facebook for Android***. Please, bc if he has an iPhone or apple device connected, maybe we could search for a shared cloud.

Does he still have family in Nashville? I can only find 1 address in Nashville for him and as I posted earlier there are no dates which indicates it is a recent address (usually) 441 Welshwood Dr Apt g-125 No one else lives at that address

Nope, no longer any family there. My guess is it's from when he was there before, but we'll dig. Thanks for the find.

searchingfamily, do you have the case number?

I've seen the queries, but...need to check files - which aren't close by at the moment. Know we have Archbold PD case# and one from the Bridgeport Twp. PD (jurisdiction where the motel is located), but the active one is the Buena Vista PD one - have emailed them but not heard yet. Will check files and advise.

I've seen the queries, but...need to check files - which aren't close by at the moment. Know we have Archbold PD case# and one from the Bridgeport Twp. PD (jurisdiction where the motel is located), but the active one is the Buena Vista PD one - have emailed them but not heard yet. Will check files and advise.

for namUS give them all the case numbers you have... the more the better

Right right right, I hear you... But why did she have to tell him? Was it a big reason that made it a must or just a small reason such as her conscience getting to her for keeping it from him?

For instance, if the child needed an organ... Or blood if it's a rare type... Or marrow bc a match couldn't be found...

Maybe the child had been asking about his or her Bio dad and the mother felt the child was mature enough to know. So then Mom calls up Dad, tells him he has a child and tells Dad the child wants to meet him.

I don't think anyone said she HAD to tell him. She did tell him though. He never said anything about some desperate reason that made her decide to or anything like that.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I was going off in a tangent based on the below quote:
Sorry - I fixed the post - he moved there in late 2010.

He planned it to be a permanent move. Claimed he and the mother were going to move in together and live happily ever after, but she denies. Hard to know who to believe, but she had to make him aware of the child for the first time after so many years for a reason.

Re my bold: I wonder if this reason is big or little. The reason I'm wondering is bc you said so many years, so why all of a sudden surprise Eric like that after he's obviously missed so much? Unless, maybe she just found out & thought the right thing to do would be to tell him?

Maybe the child had been asking about his or her Bio dad and the mother felt the child was mature enough to know. So then Mom calls up Dad, tells him he has a child and tells Dad the child wants to meet him.

Yep, that would make sense. I was concentrating on the had to tell portion of the original quote from searchingfamily. My mistake. I misunderstood the meaning behind it.

Wow! Ok... This is kind of important bc several online gaming communities have chat set up within their own sites. I am good at locating user names, but I need some games he may have been interested in. I already know he liked fantasy stuff bc of his FB uid & 1 of his Twitter accounts. I need just 1 or 2 game interests to get started. Do you have any titles at all & if not could you find out from somebody that may know?

Just to let you know, chat within online gaming very rarely have enforced rules. Anything can be set up.

What kind of cell did he have? I mean, do you know if he had an iPhone or Blackberry, or other? You probably have access to his Facebook wall, so if it's possible, and without posting his wall comments, could you please keep going down his wall to see if he downloaded anything to FB referring to his phone, for example maybe ***downloaded Facebook for iPhone*** or ***diwnloaded Facebook for Android***. Please, bc if he has an iPhone or apple device connected, maybe we could search for a shared cloud.

I was just looking at his twitter profile, he shows an http://stopbeck.com next to his location. I don't know if that is Eric or just someone he added to his profile but this "stopbeck" person has posted as recently as August 12. Can you find anything out about that web address and see who owns it?

Yes, Buena Vista keeps using this as an explanation of why things take so long. They are way overloaded with big bad cases for such a small dept.

After the original report was filed in Archbold (we really went there just to consult as to "what do we do now?", we called Bridgeport Twp. They went to the motel, nosed around a bit, asked a few questions, and quit. After an extremely brief look at things, they concluded Eric just left the area. We literally have a "case closed" file from them. Ridiculous. We've never wanted to be too hard on Buena Vista, who got involved because of where the eGF lived, because at least they've tried and not blown us off totally.

Taking flyers around BV and Bridgeport would be so amazing!!! As far as State Police - BVPD tells us they meet weekly with them and that they are up on the case.....but I don't think that means they're working anything. Should we try to make contact there?

Bridgeport didn't take it seriously. BV has - but they have explained time and again how thinly stretched they are. Can't help where he went missing, obviously, but this isn't helping matters.

more thoughts on the child:

Eric was there five months. From what you have said, Searchingfamily, he wanted to meet his child, was excited, etc. That being said what would cause he to up and leave when he planned on relocating there. After five months I would think he would have started a relationship with his child.

As for the exgf's story about California: has the bolo been extended to California to include where he used to live? (fwiw I do not believe her story)

I was just looking at his twitter profile, he shows an http://stopbeck.com next to his location. I don't know if that is Eric or just someone he added to his profile but this "stopbeck" person has posted as recently as August 12. Can you find anything out about that web address and see who owns it?

Yep, hold on...

searchingfamily,
imho yes... make contact with the state police (squeaky wheel and all)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag