MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the husband had a bout of jealousy? I realize they have an open lifestyle, but maybe the eGF liked Eric more than just a casual thing, KWIM? I dunno. I realize I'm way ahead of myself. But, I don't think Eric is out there and is not posting online, not contacting family etc. Like Nurse said above, this being an election year there is no way that he's not making his views known.

Then again, I was SO wrong about Nicholas Francisco.

You weren't the only one!!! :shutup:

Also, there are people in the world that are not even close to a "live and let live" philosophy when it comes to religious and political views, and lifestyle choices. Just a possibility.

Another possible motive is robbery (computer, cash, jewelry, etc.).

searchingfamily, I am so sorry that your Eric is missing, and I hope that you find him soon.

Was the cell phone/number/carrier he had in Michigan the same one he had in Ohio?

The only person with the same name I can find in Archbold OH was born in September 1972. Checking that persons history I see nothing in Michigan, I believe I saw something where he went to Tupelo, but this person went to Tupelo MS not MI. This person may now be in Nashville.

A person with his same name in Michigan (nothing in Tupelo or Beuna Vista, was born in November 72, was in MI for several years but may have recently located to Columbia TN

Omg I'm so sorry. Didn't realize bc I clicked on that map you made but then started reading to catch up to speed with everyone, forgot to go back to the map...

Do alot of people live in them? Why? Money maybe? I'm truly ignorant to this bc when I see small motels like that in which I hear people living in, I think of homeless people that the state sets up in motels, drug addicts, sex offenders, felons, etc. The motel looks very clean & from the google pic it looks to be up kept ok, so I'm not knocking it at all, just wondering...

Nurse, as usual - thank you!

Long before there were chain hotels/motels, people traveled to and throughout the Great Lakes state for year-round recreation. With its plethora of campgrounds, state parks, lakes, rivers, ski resorts, golf courses, etc., Michigan has attracted visitors from far and wide for decades. It's not unusual to see small, family-owned/operated motels along rural highways that eventually gave way to freeways and interstates. Some of these venues are now flanked by chain hotels and restaurants, but many continue to offer clean, comfortable rooms (or individual bungalows/cottages) at reasonable rates and for long- or short-term stays. This type of facility (many with kitchenettes) is ideal for out-of-town workers, folks contemplating moves/job transfers, seasonal recreation rentals, etc., and there are still plenty of these small motels operating around the Great Lakes state.

ETA: Interesting, informative article about the history of the motel industry in Michigan.

http://www.waterwinterwonderland.com/motels.aspx?large=Y

Searchingfamily, I'm wondering if this ex gf got preggers by accident due to an open relationship she had with her hubby and maybe kept it secret from Eric bc she didn't want to share their child... Is it possible that maybe she didn't expect Eric to move there, but he did, so she got mad? Just wondering if it's possible Eric wanted to be a part of his child's life but the ex gf wasn't prepared for it happening so quickly.

I'm still stuck on why she had to tell Eric about the child, like really she didn't have to...unless she's dying or their child has a debilitating disease such as something in his blood or serious illness. I wonder what the reason would be. Is it possible that the child could have something inherited from his father that maybe his father wasn't aware of even having it himself yet, so a doctor told the ex gf to contact the child's dad? Or at least contact him to obtain med history?

Pure speculation with no malicious intent. :hug:

She was not married when the child was conceived years ago.

Eric did want to be a part of the child's life, yes. But again, as you point out, he was completely unaware the child existed until eGF told him. If she didn't want him around...why tell him in the first place? Why support him financially? when he comes to Saginaw?

He didn't have any money, and even if someone thought he did, you need a dead body to inherit something from. So motive remains elusive.

September 18, 1972

He could be in Nashville, may want to check out an apartment complex on Welshwood Drive in Nashville. There are no dates associated with this person and address which is indicative (in the system I have access to) that it is a current address. Just a guess though.

Long before there were chain hotels/motels, people traveled to and throughout the Great Lakes state for year-round recreation. With its plethora of campgrounds, state parks, lakes, rivers, ski resorts, golf courses, etc., Michigan has attracted visitors from far and wide for decades. It's not unusual to see small, family-owned/operated motels along rural highways that eventually gave way to freeways and interstates. Some of these venues are now flanked by chain hotels and restaurants, but many continue to offer clean, comfortable rooms (or individual bungalows/cottages) at reasonable rates and for long- or short-term stays. This type of facility (many with kitchenettes) is ideal for out-of-town workers, folks contemplating moves/job transfers, seasonal recreation rentals, etc., and there are still plenty of these small motels operating around the Great Lakes state.

Thank you so much! Ever since Nurse's response, I've been looking at some of them. Some are quite lovely, very quaint, and are set up like a Bed & Breakfast. Might even be nice for a sour if the moment weekend getaway without all the hoopla involving a major hotel chain. I'm sooo learning as I go along. Thanks again!

Besides the child that he has with exGF, does Eric have other children by his former wives?

Does Eric have any known medical and/or mental health issues?

She was not married when the child was conceived years ago.

Eric did want to be a part of the child's life, yes. But again, as you point out, he was completely unaware the child existed until eGF told him. If she didn't want him around...why tell him in the first place? Why support him financially? when he comes to Saginaw?

He didn't have any money, and even if someone thought he did, you need a dead body to inherit something from. So motive remains elusive.

Right right right, I hear you... But why did she have to tell him? Was it a big reason that made it a must or just a small reason such as her conscience getting to her for keeping it from him?

For instance, if the child needed an organ... Or blood if it's a rare type... Or marrow bc a match couldn't be found...

Jealousy? Was the child conceived when she was married to this other guy? Wouldn't the ex also be a target if that was the case? Instead she arranges to meet the father of her child?

Something is just not adding up.

I was just guessing that jealously could have existed if he and the mother were reconnecting. It was just a guess

do you, by any chance, have the case number as well?? because these folks have not been too quick iykwim (bvpd)

Yeah!

& if you do, could you please note it here so its in big black type on the world wide web - better than paper!

The only person with the same name I can find in Archbold OH was born in September 1972. Checking that persons history I see nothing in Michigan, I believe I saw something where he went to Tupelo, but this person went to Tupelo MS not MI. This person may now be in Nashville.

A person with his same name in Michigan (nothing in Tupelo or Beuna Vista, was born in November 72, was in MI for several years but may have recently located to Columbia TN

Yeah, the MI was a typo- sorry - fixed it where it could be fixed.

We are looking for Eric Lee Franks, b. Sept. 18, 1972. (the one you found in Columbus is Eric Lynn, correct?) Our Eric grew up in Crossville, TN. Lived in Nashville as a young adult because family moved there. Lived in Orange Co., California for around a year with first wife. Then moved to Tupelo because grandparents lived there. 15 years or so later, moved to Ohio because mom & sister moved there. Moved to Saginaw when learning he had a child who lived there.

See a pattern? He complained about family, sure (don't we all?), but he also sought family, stayed in contact with family, etc. etc. We know on the surface he looks transient, as we mentioned, but the above facts show otherwise - he had sound reason to make the moves he did - up to his sudden disappearance.

Yeah, the MI was a typo- sorry - fixed it where it could be fixed.

We are looking for Eric Lee Franks, b. Sept. 18, 1972. (the one you found in Columbus is Eric Lynn, correct?) Our Eric grew up in Crossville, TN. Lived in Nashville as a young adult because family moved there. Lived in Orange Co., California for around a year with first wife. Then moved to Tupelo because grandparents lived there. 15 years or so later, moved to Ohio because mom & sister moved there. Moved to Saginaw when learning he had a child who lived there.

See a pattern? He complained about family, sure (don't we all?), but he also sought family, stayed in contact with family, etc. etc. We know on the surface he looks transient, as we mentioned, but the above facts show otherwise - he had sound reason to make the moves he did - up to his sudden disappearance.

Does he still have family in Nashville? I can only find 1 address in Nashville for him and as I posted earlier there are no dates which indicates it is a recent address (usually) 441 Welshwood Dr Apt g-125 No one else lives at that address

Thank you so much! Ever since Nurse's response, I've been looking at some of them. Some are quite lovely, very quaint, and are set up like a Bed & Breakfast. Might even be nice for a sour if the moment weekend getaway without all the hoopla involving a major hotel chain. I'm sooo learning as I go along. Thanks again!

I just added this to my post above:
http://www.waterwinterwonderland.com/motels.aspx?large=Y

In the mid-70s when DH and I took our young daughter on her first road trip through Michigan, we stayed at a few of these small motels that were reasonably-priced and didn't require advance reservations. I remember a place where we stayed in the Upper Peninsula that had individual bungalows instead of attached rooms, and the owner's wife cooked breakfast for guests because there were no restaurants nearby. We sat at a small table in the office while she prepared bacon and eggs, poured coffee, and served us delicious homemade muffins :)

He could be in Nashville, may want to check out an apartment complex on Welshwood Drive in Nashville. There are no dates associated with this person and address which is indicative (in the system I have access to) that it is a current address. Just a guess though.

If you have anything more specific - name of apt complex, exact address, etc., please send - even PM if you want. He did live in Nashville in the early 90's, as we've said, but we don't remember the address...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member