MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I was going off in a tangent based on the below quote:

Re my bold: I wonder if this reason is big or little. The reason I'm wondering is bc you said so many years, so why all of a sudden surprise Eric like that after he's obviously missed so much? Unless, maybe she just found out & thought the right thing to do would be to tell him?

Gotcha - what I meant was...there has to be a reason she chose to tell him now. Not that she had to. Sorry.

And no, she didn't just find out. She and hubby have told police they always knew child was Eric's.

more thoughts on the child:

Eric was there five months. From what you have said, Searchingfamily, he wanted to meet his child, was excited, etc. That being said what would cause he to up and leave when he planned on relocating there. After five months I would think he would have started a relationship with his child.

As for the exgf's story about California: has the bolo been extended to California to include where he used to live? (fwiw I do not believe her story)

And further to this, when the motel owner. & maid informed they've seen the ex gf on several occasions there, did the happen to mention a child as well?

Wow! Ok... This is kind of important bc several online gaming communities have chat set up within their own sites. I am good at locating user names, but I need some games he may have been interested in. I already know he liked fantasy stuff bc of his FB uid & 1 of his Twitter accounts. I need just 1 or 2 game interests to get started. Do you have any titles at all & if not could you find out from somebody that may know?

Just to let you know, chat within online gaming very rarely have enforced rules. Anything can be set up.

What kind of cell did he have? I mean, do you know if he had an iPhone or Blackberry, or other? You probably have access to his Facebook wall, so if it's possible, and without posting his wall comments, could you please keep going down his wall to see if he downloaded anything to FB referring to his phone, for example maybe ***downloaded Facebook for iPhone*** or ***diwnloaded Facebook for Android***. Please, bc if he has an iPhone or apple device connected, maybe we could search for a shared cloud.

He had an LG Android phone. We got one email from him up there that was sent from an iPhone. Police have looked into emails and by the time they did very little was still left on servers.

As far as games - no idea what he played - truly another world from us, that one.

Gotcha - what I meant was...there has to be a reason she chose to tell him now. Not that she had to. Sorry.

And no, she didn't just find out. She and hubby have told police they always knew child was Eric's.

Well then how ignorant the b would keep it from Eric! How dare she! That's suspicious as well! Man what is wrong with people?

He had an LG Android phone. We got one email from him up there that was sent from an iPhone. Police have looked into emails and by the time they did very little was still left on servers.

As far as games - no idea what he played - truly another world from us, that one.

I'm not a gamer either, just not for me, but I like hunting stuff down & figuring out user names. As a kid I used to memorize license plates, plays, books, the dictionary...so guess I'm weird in a class by myself lol!

Are you allowed to share his email address? If not, we understand, but sometimes more info can be gleaned from an email.

they have to have the number of the iphone (and person associated with that number) in the phone records:twocents:

Yes, Buena Vista keeps using this as an explanation of why things take so long. They are way overloaded with big bad cases for such a small dept.

After the original report was filed in Archbold (we really went there just to consult as to "what do we do now?", we called Bridgeport Twp. They went to the motel, nosed around a bit, asked a few questions, and quit. After an extremely brief look at things, they concluded Eric just left the area. We literally have a "case closed" file from them. Ridiculous. We've never wanted to be too hard on Buena Vista, who got involved because of where the eGF lived, because at least they've tried and not blown us off totally.

Taking flyers around BV and Bridgeport would be so amazing!!! As far as State Police - BVPD tells us they meet weekly with them and that they are up on the case.....but I don't think that means they're working anything. Should we try to make contact there?

Bridgeport didn't take it seriously. BV has - but they have explained time and again how thinly stretched they are. Can't help where he went missing, obviously, but this isn't helping matters.

It's no excuse, they can be liable, yes you should make contact, and contact both mayors of those cities as well, then advise them you're contemplating seeking legal advice.

SearchingFamily, did you call the number I gave you to try? If they won't tell you anything LE should be able to find out if he is there

more thoughts on the child:

Eric was there five months. From what you have said, Searchingfamily, he wanted to meet his child, was excited, etc. That being said what would cause he to up and leave when he planned on relocating there. After five months I would think he would have started a relationship with his child.

As for the exgf's story about California: has the bolo been extended to California to include where he used to live? (fwiw I do not believe her story)

eGF has told family different accounts of contact btw. Eric and child than she has told police, so it's hard to know for sure, but she may have cut off contact with Eric & the child at some point.

Obviously all the inconsistencies cause US suspicion, but all police have is our word against hers.

We kind of assumed a BOLO went everywhere in the US. NO? BV keeps telling us about all these different databases they've put Eric into.

Just thought of something: The cops told you there's been no activity on his cell? Or they said the cell never left the county? Also, apparently he has 2 - so which cell are they referring to? If they just keep telling you his cell, tell them they're fos & tell them to prove the number associated with it. That is, unless they searched both cells... Or maybe 1 didn't belong to him?

Wow, that is rough. Did Eric ever say WHY she never told him about his son?

Not that I am aware of, no. Eric had told them about the child, but no reports of them seeing the child.

Well...how...odd... That's weird searchingfamily. His ex gf shows up at his room on various occasions, yet doesn't bring their child for Eric to visit with knowing that he moved all the way there to get to know his child? It just doesn't sit right with me.

Then again, maybe the maid & owner just didn't see the child?

So what is the eGF motive for "enlightening" Eric with the news that he has a son whose life he was never able to be a part of...

Money? Does he even have $ to leave anyone?
Guilt? Nah...
Intentionally hurt Eric? To what end?

I am just perplexed...

Yes, Buena Vista keeps using this as an explanation of why things take so long. They are way overloaded with big bad cases for such a small dept.

After the original report was filed in Archbold (we really went there just to consult as to "what do we do now?", we called Bridgeport Twp. They went to the motel, nosed around a bit, asked a few questions, and quit. After an extremely brief look at things, they concluded Eric just left the area. We literally have a "case closed" file from them. Ridiculous. We've never wanted to be too hard on Buena Vista, who got involved because of where the eGF lived, because at least they've tried and not blown us off totally.

Taking flyers around BV and Bridgeport would be so amazing!!! As far as State Police - BVPD tells us they meet weekly with them and that they are up on the case.....but I don't think that means they're working anything. Should we try to make contact there?

Bridgeport didn't take it seriously. BV has - but they have explained time and again how thinly stretched they are. Can't help where he went missing, obviously, but this isn't helping matters.

BBM -- YES YES YES YES YES AND YES! Make sure he is actually in NCIC etc! I am glad BVPD did *something* but I mean that is the pd that shot up the homeless guy 46 times *sigh* no one trust or talks to cops in saginaw...no one talks...period!

but, bridgeport, on the other hand...if we go down there to pass out flyers...if we could go to the areas where she used to live...maybe where she and hubby worked? That info can be sent in private if you wish.

Have you all been here to the motel yourselves? Or just talked via phone?

One more thing - noticed on the flyer about the full set of dentures...and the ears pierced...does Eric have any tattoos or surgery scars...anything else that could be used to identify him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member