MI - Former US Gymnastics Doctor Larry Nassar Charged With CSA *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
175 years... judge just said "I have just given you a death warrant"

#BREAKING Judge sentences USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar to 175 years in prison "You do not deserve to walk outside of a prison again" "I've just signed your death warrant"
KTEN News (@KTENnews)

Judge said it was her "honor and privilege" to sentence him
Max Kutner (@maxkutner)

Just before sentencing Nassar, the judge read a letter that he had submitted to the court last week, in which he complained about his treatment in a separate federal child *advertiser censored* case and wrote that his accusers in this case were seeking news media attention and money. “Hell hath no fury like a woman scored,” he wrote in the letter. There were audible gasps from the gallery when the judge read the line.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/24/sports/larry-nassar-sentencing.html

Not yet, but I will and have no regrets for staying home and supporting the victims/survivors. God bless each and every one of them!

Oh I totally agree with your decision. I just also know that sometimes outsiders don’t understand. ❤️

Ugh. Watching it now.
The judge is introducing personal experience in her statement.
He is despicable But I think her statements can be challenged on appeal.

He pleaded guilty and this is the sentencing phase so I don’t believe there will be any appeal.

Judge heard he was treating people in the jail and ordered him to stop ... he is no longer a doctor and has no license!

Oh my gawd. The applause and hugging has me in tears. Bless them all for their voices.

Judge will not talk to media until after the appeal. Maybe (maybe she win’t) then she will speak to media with at least one survivor with her .. as this is about them, not about her.

Ugh. Watching it now.
The judge is introducing personal experience in her statement.
He is despicable But I think her statements can be challenged on appeal.

Yep, agree. Everything can be challenged. Done all the time. But pffffft to me if they do as that's the normal next step for a defense atty isn't it.

That said... I've seen time and time again, and not successful. I have seen nothing that she did at SENTENCING to be an issue.

Therefore, I am dismissive as to the fact that he can appeal..... yep, every single major case atty should issue such a statement... and is expected IMHO

Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar sentenced to up to 175 years for sex abuse
by Tracy Connor

After a remarkable hearing that featured gut-wrenching statements from 156 of his accusers, former Olympic gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar was sentenced Wednesday to 40 to 175 years in prison for molesting young girls under the guise of treatment.

"I wouldn't send my dogs to you, sir," Judge Rosemarie Aquilina said in the Ingham County, Michigan, courtroom where Nassar was forced to listen to victims for seven days before learning his fate.

"You do not deserve to walk outside of a prison ever again," she added...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-nassar-sentenced-175-years-sex-abuse-n840341

Biggest sexual assault case in the United States History...

and I had no idea of it until last week....

Biggest sexual assault case in the United States History...

and I had no idea of it until last week....

I've been here since the beginning, perhaps because I live in Michigan (did not attend MSU!). I was unaware of the enormity of the abuse until recently.

Did I hear correctly .... this started being reported as far back as 2004? And was not taken seriously until a victim/survivor went to the Indianapolis Star in 2016?

This isn’t over yet.

ETA .... wrong.... it was reported as far back as 1998!

https://www.clickondetroit.com/nassar
Nassar became a team physician and assistant professor at Michigan State in 1997. Court records show accusations of sexually abusing patients in 1998. A student athlete at Michigan State reported concerns about Nassar, but a lawsuit claims the university didn't take action.

A second student athlete reported concerns about Nassar in 2000, according to a lawsuit. No action was taken, and Nassar joined the Olympic team in Sydney, Australia.

Prosecutor: Breadth of doctor's crimes is 'nearly infinite'

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Larry Nassar found competitive gymnastics to be a "perfect place" for his crimes because victims saw him as a "god" in the sport, a prosecutor said Wednesday, shortly before the former doctor was to be sentenced for years of molesting Olympic gymnasts and other young women.

"It takes some kind of sick perversion to not only assault a child but to do so with her parent in the room," prosecutor Angela Povilaitis said. "To do so while a lineup of eager young gymnasts waited."
She described the "breadth and ripple" of Nassar's sexual abuse as "nearly infinite." ...

https://my.xfinity.com/articles/new...-Assault-dd7a?cid=featuredsports_media_Nassar

Did I hear correctly .... this started being reported as far back as 2004? And was not taken seriously until a victim/survivor went to the Indianapolis Star in 2016?

This isn’t over yet.

I've heard/read repeatedly that Nassar's serial sexual abuse has likely been going on for twenty years!!!

This isn’t over yet.

yes, here is her story:

On Wednesday, Rachael Denhollander, a 32-year-old attorney and mother of three who in September 2016 was the first woman to publicly accuse Nassar of sexual assault, delivered the final impact statement. Many of the people who went before her cited Denhollander's bravery in coming forward as the reason why they appeared in court this week. She asked Aquilina and the court repeatedly: "What is a little girl worth?"

Denhollander detailed her path to the Lansing courtroom, which included law school and meticulously compiling a file so police would take her claims seriously before she filed the first report in the case more than a year ago. She criticized Michigan State for long ignoring calls for help about Nassar and for the response from the university's leaders since her accusations became public. She said she pities Nassar for losing the ability to determine between good and evil.

"You could have had everything you pretended to be," she said. "Every woman who stood up here truly loved you as a child - real, genuine love."

http://www.espn.com/olympics/gymnas...-sentenced-40-175-years-prison-michigan-judge

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R OF MAYONNAISE
Back