MI MI - James 'Jimmy' Hoffa, 62, Bloomfield Hills, 30 July 1975

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FBI says no remains found in latest search for Jimmy Hoffa, but the case remains open.

Get complete coverage of breaking news on CNN.com, CNN TV and CNN Mobile.

FBI end dig for Jimmy Hoffa's remains in Oakland Township

No remains found but case will remain open

Published On: Jun 19 2013 10:39:34 AM EDT Updated On: Jun 19 2013 10:54:04 AM EDT

OAKLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. -
The FBI on Wednesday said it's wrapping up its search in Oakland Township for the remains of remains of former Teamsters union leader Jimmy Hoffa, who disappeared 38 years ago.

The FBI said nothing was found and the case remains open...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ship/-/1719314/20629418/-/nb8gv8/-/index.html

June 19, 2013 at 11:12 am

FBI calls off Hoffa dig, says no evidence found

Candice Williams and Mike Martindale | The Detroit News

FBI investigators continue to dig up a field in Oakland Township, searching for the remains of iconic labor leader Jimmy Hoffa on June 18, 2013. Hoffa disappeared from a Detroit-area restaurant in 1975. (David Coates/The Detroit News)1 / 22
Oakland Township — After stretching into a third day, the search for the body of missing Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa ended Wednesday morning in a rural field in northern Oakland County.

FBI investigators said no evidence of the body was found after combing a one-acre site near the intersection of Buell and Adams roads with 40 agents and they were going to break down their search site.

"After a diligent search pursuant to our responsibilities under the search warrant, we did not uncover any evidence relative to the investigation relevant to James Hoffa," said Robert Foley, the special agent in charge of the FBI's Detroit division...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130619/METRO08/306190049#ixzz2WfymjQJ1

FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends

COREY WILLIAMS, AP
38 minutes ago

OAKLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — The excavation of a rural field in suburban Detroit has failed to turn up the remains of former Teamsters union leader Jimmy Hoffa, the FBI announced Wednesday, adding another unsuccessful chapter to a nearly 40-year-old mystery.

Authorities stopped the dig after just a few hours on the third day.

"We did not uncover any evidence relevant to the investigation on James Hoffa," said Robert Foley, head of the FBI in Detroit.

"I am very confident of our result here after two-days-plus of diligent effort," he said. "As of this point, we'll be closing down the excavation operation"...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20130619/US-Hoffa-Search/

My sincere thanks to this old for wasting LE resources and tax payer dollars on another merry-go-round so he could promote his website and make cash on an unpublished manuscript and autographed photos (for an extra fee, he'll include a personal note to you on the photo! don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to support a grifter!), all while flipping the bird at LE.

Bah.

He should be billed for the cost of the dig.:twocents:

Wasn't this kind of an old mob tactic? To provide distractions and false leads so that while LE was looking one way, things were happening somewhere else? Then they sat back and laughed at the cops chasing their tails?

I know there's a dozen or so other threads out there about the search for Jimmy, but we do have a missing person's thread for him.

Latest search for Jimmy Hoffa called off with no remains found

The FBI has called off the dig for Jimmy Hoffa in a suburban Detroit field where a tipster insisted he was buried alive.

No human remains were found during three days of excavation on the one-acre parcel, officials said.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...y-hoffa-called-off-with-no-remains-found?lite

FBI ends hunt for Jimmy Hoffa remains at Michigan site

The FBI said Wednesday that investigators have found no remains of former Teamster Boss Jimmy Hoffa at a farm field in suburban Detroit and have ended their search at the site.

The announcement was made by Robert Foley, head of the FBI in Detroit, just a few hours after a backhoe and bulldozer and forensic anthropologists resumed digging for a third day.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/19/jimmy-hoffa-remains-search-day-3/2437417/

Is there any chance that he disappeared on his own terms?

What if by "He'll never be found" they mean that he literally ran off to a different country under a different name and has died of old age and buried in said country?

Wasn't he a filthy rich mobster? If I had a feeling someone was coming after me I'd run, hell, I know how to start over and where to do it with half the money he probably had.

I don't know this guy is 85 and broke. Is he just trying to get some money or get out or is he delusional? I'm in the market and if I found out there's a dead body in my driveway that would horrify me. It would be my luck though to find my dream home only to find out Jimmy Hoffa is buried in my driveway.

Why not? He's a murder victim.

If a credible lead comes in any open murder case, I would hope it's followed up on.

I agree Linda and the family deserves some peace of mind. It must be awful to not know where or how your loved one died. I know if it was my family member I would feel very angry if LE said we aren't looking anymore, sorry.

Yes, it's an old tactic. Maybe he really does know where Hoffa is and gave them another red herring, maybe he has no clue and is just out to make a buck. Either way, I have no doubt this career felon had a good time watching LE poke around the field.

I'm in the process of trying to sell my house - it would be just my luck if someone decided it was their dream home, but Hoffa is buried under the garage and a home inspection called it out! Talk about a structural issue...

I agree Linda and the family deserves some peace of mind. It must be awful to not know where or how your loved one died. I know if it was my family member I would feel very angry if LE said we aren't looking anymore, sorry.

We assume he's a murder victim-I am personally sure that he is. But they are spending enormous sums of taxpayer money on these wild goose chases, based on the say-so of known criminals and other scumbags, who just want to see LE jump through the hoops.

And then, as all of us here know, sometimes LE can't be bothered to even ask questions of the last person to see someone who has gone missing, and who isn't the head of the teamsters union-see the case of Sylvia Lwowski from Staten Island NY-missing since September 1975. Her family also thinks it's awful that they will never know where or how she died-and I assume they, too, are angry that LE wouldn't look for her. I don't think that Jimmy Hoffa is any more important than Sylvia Lwowski is-the feds just have this thing about catching who disappeared him-and whoever did it is most likely already dead.

There is already a Websleuths thread on Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance. Maybe these two threads should be merged.

MI - James Riddle "Jimmy" Hoffa, 62, Bloomfield Hills, 30 July 1975 *merged* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Was he a true victim,my mom who had many close connections to the NJ mob always said he was in bed with the mob.It has been 40 yrs and I wish they would spend the resources they will spend to look for hoffa on all the missing kids they can not seem to find.Look how those 3 young girls were just found after being held and tortured for 10 yrs to bad nobody thought he might have been found at that house!

They got Hoffa-ed: Lives disturbed in search

Search for missing Teamsters leader turns homes into 'a 5-ring circus'

Author: By Jessica Ravitz CNN

Published On: Aug 02 2014 06:49:15 AM EDT Updated On: Aug 02 2014 08:10:37 AM EDT

DETROIT, Michigan (CNN) -
The knock came for Pat Szpunar one afternoon in September 2012. At her door on a quiet corner in Roseville, a northeast suburb of Detroit, stood two local police detectives.

After some chitchat, she was hit with this doozy: They suspected a body was buried in her backyard.

"What?" she asked. "You think Jimmy Hoffa's buried back there?"

The detectives looked stunned but wouldn't say who they were looking for. She was only joking, but then a local reporter who'd caught wind of the investigation showed up. He wanted to talk about the former Teamsters boss who, he heard, was underneath her property.

Szpunar, a 74-year-old widow who has lived in the house since 1988, couldn't help but laugh.

Soon, Szpunar says, all hell broke loose, turning her place "not into a three-ring circus" but "a five-ring circus." ...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/they-got-hoffaed-lives-disturbed-in-search/27277984

This article is about Chris Ragano, the son of Frank Ragano. He talks about his father's career working as a lawyer for some mob associates and his father's relationship with Jimmy Hoffa, missing for 40 years this month.

Tampa holds clues in mystery of Hoffa’s disappearance

When Hoffa failed to return home on day in 1975, Frank Ragano was one of the first people a worried Josephine Hoffa called, Chris Ragano said.

Frank Ragano immediately suspected his friend was dead and the body would never be found, his son said.

Until Frank Ragano died in 1998, he insisted his friend would never be seen again and claimed this belief was validated during a conversation he had in 1987 when Trafficante told him, during a drive on Bayshore Boulevard, that the northern syndicate killed Hoffa for running his mouth.

“He often told me how much he missed him and wished he was still around,” Chris Rogano said.

Missing for 40 Years.

EXCLUSIVE: New evidence emerges on Jimmy Hoffa's possible fate, suggests feds were on right track searching N.J. dump

His disappearance 40 years ago is one of the greatest unsolved mysteries in U.S. history, and now new evidence has emerged about Jimmy Hoffa’s possible fate.

A mobster who was believed to be involved in the labor boss’s disappearance suggested before he died last year that the feds were on the right track when they searched a New Jersey dump for Hoffa’s remains, a bombshell report says.

40 years later, Jimmy Hoffa mystery endures

They’re all dead,” said Hoffa’s daughter, Barbara Crancer, a retired judge in St. Louis. “Most of the people that were suspects are gone. I guess it won’t be solved. It would be a comfort to find his body, but I don’t think we will.”

Crancer said she doesn’t plan to mark the anniversary because she thinks of her father every day.

“It’s a sad time for us,” she said. “If you ever have anyone in your family who is taken away from you by force, you know what a gap it leaves in your heart. You miss them so much.”

Most investigators also are convinced no one will ever be charged with Hoffa’s death.

Who killed Jimmy Hoffa 40 years ago? - Video Link

B9318233925Z.1_20150729230553_000_GO0BG2ECE.1-0.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member