MI MI - James 'Jimmy' Hoffa, 62, Bloomfield Hills, 30 July 1975

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
40 years. I remember when it happened, I was 18. Didn't think much at first. But it was constantly in the news. My sister got into it and it was a topic at the dinner table. I remember something about blood in a car that turned out to be chicken blood.

Eventually the story turned to concrete. The concrete stuff opened my eyes (and probably a bunch of other middle class teens) about the mob and their methods of getting rid of bodies.

Although I thought he was a mobster, years later I figured he was killed because he had a big mouth and wasn't truly a mobster - although he associated with them.

He had personal feuds with the Kennedys. I believe he got in a fist fight with Bobby while he was the AG. (Not very smart)

If you found human remains call 911. If you browsed Namus or some other UID site and found some entry that could be Hoffa, call the investigating agency.

Eric Shawn Reports: How Frank Sheeran killed Jimmy Hoffa
It was a hot July afternoon, nearly 92 degrees, when Teamsters president and labor icon Jimmy Hoffa is said to have opened the rear door of a maroon 1975 Mercury in the parking lot of the Machus Red Fox restaurant in Bloomfield Hills, Mich. and climbed in.

He was never seen again.

The FBI has expended countless resources in the ensuing decades in the hopes of finally solving this enduring American mystery with no success.

But I believe, based on my 2004 investigation, that Frank Sheeran did it.

"Suspects Outside of Michigan: Francis Joseph "Frank" Sheeran, age 43, president local 326, Wilmington, Delaware. Resides in Philadelphia and is known associate of Russel Bufalino, La Cosa Nostra Chief, Eastern Pennsylvania," reads the 1976 HOFFEX memo, the compilation of everything investigators knew about Hoffa's disappearance that was prepared for a high level, secret conference at FBI headquarters six months after he vanished.

The blood/ luminol evidence is quite compelling. Hoffa disappeared a mere 10 days before Mr. MMJ and I were married- and that was a very long time ago indeed.

That is a very interesting article by Eric Shawn. I read "I Heard You Paint Houses" when it came out, and wondered if anyone was still looking at that angle

Jimmy Hoffa investigation: Frank Sheeran and the blood evidence we found in the case

"EXCLUSIVE – It all began, and ended, on this day 43 years ago.

It was a hot July afternoon, nearly 92 degrees, when Teamsters president and labor icon Jimmy Hoffa is said to have opened the rear door of a 1975 maroon Mercury in the parking lot of the Machus Red Fox restaurant, in Bloomfield Hills, Mich., and climbed in.

He was never seen again.

The FBI has expended countless resources in the ensuing decades in the hopes of finally solving this enduring American mystery with no success.

But I believe, based on my 2004 investigation, that Frank Sheeran did it...."

Jimmy Hoffa investigation: Frank Sheeran and the blood evidence we found in the case
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't mean to be cruel here.. But why are tax payers dollars still being spent on this?

I am sorry that his family doesn't know where his remains are ... But this all out effort everytime some mafia hit man writes a book and confesses seems a bit silly to me.
Aren't there better ways to spend money? Perhaps trying to find people missing now?
It may be silly to you but this is a human being. New case or old, criminal or law abiding citizen, it doesn’t matter. Haven’t we all made mistakes? Even if you can’t get a prosecution out of it this would still be beneficial not only to his family but LE also. It can be used as a case study to add to our info on habits of criminals to help on another case in the future. Cold cases are just as important as new ones.

Last edited:

"EXCLUSIVE – It all began, and ended, on this day 43 years ago.

It was a hot July afternoon, nearly 92 degrees, when Teamsters president and labor icon Jimmy Hoffa is said to have opened the rear door of a 1975 maroon Mercury in the parking lot of the Machus Red Fox restaurant, in Bloomfield Hills, Mich., and climbed in.

He was never seen again.

But I believe, based on my 2004 investigation, that Frank Sheeran did it...."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe so too. Even with laying the physical evidence aside, in the video of his confession his body language shows every sign of being truthful.

It may be silly to you but this is a human being. New case or old, criminal or law abiding citizen, it doesn’t matter. Haven’t we all made mistakes? Even if you can’t get a prosecution out of it this would still be beneficial not only to his family but LE also. It can be used as a case study to add to our info on habits of criminals to help on another case in the future. Cold cases are just as important as new ones.

B69zEgfimpETr8Rfd9q1nD3jin6yh9wtXvXWH73cMnJ5gpcvt8PqZC7EZDDhqRYaspk3y1maa2iXUs3y7nfTuWymVF7tHnctMw9crMgs

Based on my investigation, He had become too open about talking publicly about the mafia’s involvement with the teamsters. I think Russell Buffalino ordered Frank Sheeran to kill him and he was afterward cremated by the Andretta brothers who were “cleanup guys” for them. The body will never be found because there isn’t one. They probably dumped his ashes. Even though there are usually parts of bones that do not completely burn during cremation.

"Investigators with the Michigan State Police searched a parcel of land in Hillsdale Township Thursday morning acting on a tip in the 1975 disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa.

Detectives with the Michigan State Police Jackson Post and Jonesville Detachment received the tip from a Jackson woman who inherited the parcel of land when her father passed away. She claimed to have family ties to the American Mafia.

The detectives, forensic anthropologists and an MSP K-9 handler with dogs trained in alerting to the presence of cadavers were on site Thursday morning. Steel rods were utilized to aerate the entirety of the property before the dog was deployed to conduct a search with negative results."

MSP cadaver dog searches Hillsdale property in Jimmy Hoffa cold case

Jimmy Hoffa Vanished 44 Years Ago. Here's What I Think Happened
The writer, a Washington investigative journalist specializing in organized-crime and political-corruption investigations, is a Jimmy Hoffa murder expert. He is the author of "The Hoffa Wars" (1978) and eight other books. This Tuesday marks the 44th anniversary of the unsolved disappearance of Hoffa, who wanted to regain the presidency of the Teamsters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back