MI MI - James 'Jimmy' Hoffa, 62, Bloomfield Hills, 30 July 1975

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
that guy has been buried all over the place. wish they'd finally find him.

:what:

Last I recall Barry found him in a purchase he made on Storage Wars.

:waitasec:

Man tied to Mafia: Hoffa buried in Detroit area

55 minutes ago

DETROIT (AP) — A man convicted of crimes as a reputed Mafia captain is claiming missing Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa was buried in suburban Detroit.

Tony Zerilli was in prison when Hoffa disappeared from a Detroit-area restaurant in 1975, but tells New York TV station WNBC he was informed about Hoffa's whereabouts after his release. The ailing 85-year-old took a reporter to a field near Rochester, north of Detroit, but no exact location was disclosed. The report was also aired on Detroit's WDIV...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20130115/hoffa.burried.Detroit/

Jimmy Hoffa Buried In Detroit Area, Reputed Mobster Tony Zerilli Says
------------------------------------------------------------------

DETROIT — A man convicted of crimes as a reputed Mafia captain is claiming missing Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa was buried in suburban Detroit.

Tony Zerilli was in prison when Hoffa disappeared from a Detroit-area restaurant in 1975, but tells New York TV station WNBC he was informed about Hoffa's whereabouts after his release. The ailing 85-year-old took a reporter to a field near Rochester, north of Detroit, but no exact location was disclosed. The report was also aired on Detroit's WDIV.

"The master plan was ... they were going to put him in a shallow grave here," Zerilli said ( ). "Then, they were going to take him from here to Rogers City upstate. There was a hunting lodge and they were going to bury in a shallow grave, then take him up there for final burial. Then, I understand, that it just fell through."

Zerilli did not say during the aired interview why he chose to make his claims now. WNBC reported he is promoting an upcoming book titled "Hoffa Found," the website for which promises to reveal details about Hoffa's death.

No listed phone number for Zerilli could be found Monday by The Associated Press.

The FBI declined to comment when asked if Zerilli's claims were credible. Former Detroit FBI head Andrew Arena said the remarks deserve serious consideration.

"Anthony Zerilli was reputed to be the underboss of the Detroit organized crime family, so he would have been in the know," Arena said.

Zerilli's criminal record includes a 2002 conviction for conspiracy and extortion. He was sentenced to six years in prison.

Hoffa, Teamsters president from 1957-71, was an acquaintance of mobsters and adversary to federal officials. The day he disappeared, he was supposed to meet with a New Jersey Teamsters boss and a Detroit Mafia captain.

In September, police took soil from a suburban backyard after a tip Hoffa had been buried there. It was just one of many fruitless searches. Previous tips led police to a horse farm northwest of Detroit in 2006, a Detroit home in 2004 and a backyard pool two hours north of the city in 2003...

More, including a video and photos at LINK:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/14/jimmy-hoffa-buried-in-detroit_n_2475201.html?1358205831&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-nb%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D257133

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/296463/45/Crews-dismantle-tavern-wall-in-search-for-Jimmy-Hoffa

Wexler's previous owner, Lou Gentile, and his then business partner found bones wrapped in red-butcher paper inside the wall 25 years ago when they were renovating the tavern. The bones were neatly wrapped in seven football-shaped packages. Gentile says he called police but officers instructed him to throw the bones away.

"I'm thinking, wow. These are human bones. And then all the history of the tavern came flooding back, that there was a connection with Jimmy Hoffa, and the people who were around the tavern at the time," Gentile said.

When Doug Graziano, the new owner heard the story he was intrigued. He was even more fascinated when while cutting out a panel in the wall he found a a matchbook from the Palm Desert Lodge in California. The lodge was dubbed "the house Jimmy Hoffa and the Teamsters built."

During Wednesday's search, two bone fragments were found. They will be tested to determine if they are of human origin.

Feds dig in Oakland Township for remains of Jimmy Hoffa

Location comes from aging mobster's tip

Author: Kevin Dietz, Local 4 Defenders

Published On: Jun 17 2013 07:59:04 AM EDT Updated On: Jun 17 2013 09:00:57 AM EDT

DETROIT -
Federal agents began digging a up a field in northern Oakland Township Monday in hopes of finding the remains of Jimmy Hoffa.

The former Teamster president's disappearance on July 30, 1975, is one of America's greatest unsolved mysteries.

This morning, federal agents armed with a search warrant will begin digging on a property after extensive interviews with an aging mobster...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...offa/-/1719314/20594416/-/n7hfla/-/index.html

June 17, 2013 at 9:49 am

Feds searching Oakland Twp. property for Hoffa's body

Robert Snell and Candice Williams / The Detroit News

Federal investigators are searching a property Monday in Oakland Township for the body of legendary Detroit labor leader James R. Hoffa, The Detroit News has learned.

The property is located near Buell and Adams roads.

An Oakland County Sheriff's Department cruiser blocked access to Buell Road. Several FBI agents could be seen walking through an overgrown field of waist-high grass and several towering willow trees.

A sheriff's department mobile command center lined Buell, a gravel stretch of road flanked by a forest on the south side and the field to the north...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130617/METRO/306170059#ixzz2WTxCfZkc

I do hope they find him.

I can't imagine what it must be like to lose a loved one and the poor guy is an all too often punch line ...

Federal agents search land linked to Hoffa case

COREY WILLIAMS, AP
32 minutes ago

OAKLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Federal agents appeared to be reviving the hunt for the remains of Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa on Monday as they searched a field in suburban Detroit.

Robert Foley, special agent in charge of the FBI's Detroit division, said the agency and its partners executed a search warrant in Oakland Township, about 25 miles north of Detroit.

Officials are "here to execute a search warrant, based on information that we have involving the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa," Foley said...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20130617/US--Hoffa.Search/

I actually have my hopes up this time.

Regarding Hoffa's body ever being discovered, I've had my hopes up, like, never.

Book deal by old mobster...........he is pushing book deal!
CNN just said that he said the body of Hoffa was suppose to be moved again when news died down..........I just don't know what to think.......

I have heard that Jimmy Hoffa was buried under the New York Giants Stadium in East Rutherford. In all probability his remains were put in a barrel and filled with concreted and dumped in into the Great Lakes as he was last seen in Michigan. Sadly, we will probably never find his remains.

Here's a link to a live video feed

http://www.wxyz.com/subindex/news/news_livestream2

I'm not so sure, but Zerilli seemed to be someone who might know. He had the right connections.

Zerilli also says Hoffa was buried alive

The manuscript states, “As soon as they pulled near the barn, Hoffa was dragged out of the car, bound and gagged. A shallow hole was already dug in the barn floor. ... (One of the men) picked up a shovel and cracked Hoffa over the head with it.”

Zerilli writes that Hoffa put up a fight and was hit several more times. They reportedly threw him in the hole and buried him alive.

“He wasn’t shot, he wasn’t stabbed, nothing like that,” said Zerilli in the manuscript.

http://www.themorningsun.com/articl.../mob-underboss-says-hoffa-was-buried-alive-#2

http://plymouth-mi.patch.com/groups...t-highly-probable-hoffa-remains-will-be-found
"The source of the information that led to a federal judge issuing search warrant comes from the son of the former head of the Detroit mafia, Tony Zerilli," Anthony said. "You can't get anymore credible then that."

Anthony said that this is the first time that he can remember where a made member of the Detroit mafia has spoken openly with the FBI.

Wfgodot, you may be right. I was a bit cynical at first, there have been so many false leads, but they seem to think this could be the place. Simple, not far away from where he went missing, property owned by highly placed Mob person, etc.

a true mystery for sure. I really feel bad for his family and friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back