GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the video at the fox news link I just posted is a must watch ;-) I loves me some Al Allen... pure "D" reporting!

ITA. I think Joe went to the PD because he realized BB was going to hang him for this.

Bingo! Sounds like BB was setting JG up to take the fall for it all ... Should be interesting......

imo

Former federal and Macomb County prosecutor David Griem is Bob Bashara’s new lawyer in the ongoing investigation of his wife’s strangulation death.

Griem, who met Tuesday with Bashara at his Grosse Pointe Park home after Jane Bashara’s funeral, confirmed this morning that he is “on board” to represent Bashara.

The Bashara investigation has grim echoes of the 2007 Stephen Grant murder case in Macomb County.
http://www.freep.com/article/20120201/NEWS02/120201032/Jane-Bashara-murder-lawyer

so I guess the other criminal defense atty wasn't high profile enough???

$2,000? That is insulting. I'd be so pissed if my husband tried to get someone to kill me for that amount.

Since nobody can confirm JB was seen downtown with BB on the night of the murder, I'll say it's not true (just playing devil's advocate) and therefore BB hasn't been yet caught in a lie about that night.

This Joe guy seems like a whack job and not the most reliable person to hire for a murder of your wife. Hiring a hit man to kill your wife is like hiring a surgeon - you don't go with the cheapest for obvious reasons. That's just asking for trouble.

I still think BB is involved and guilty, but just maybe not in this scenario.

Bingo! Sounds like BB was setting JG up to take the fall for it all ... Should be interesting......

imo

Now that could be a consideration. Pretty risky though for Bob. If he has the $ for a pricey attorney (oh, and to buy his girlfriend a house), you'd think he could afford a better hit man. Or, hey, a divorce.

I just hope there are some forensics that link BB if he truly is involved (beit physical or digital)...

after following the Patricia Kimmi case (M4H murder case as well) currently the man who did the hiring has STILL not been arrested for that crime but the guy who took the money and did the deed is sitting in prison...

Now that could be a consideration. Pretty risky though for Bob. If he has the $ for a pricey attorney (oh, and to buy his girlfriend a house), you'd think he could afford a better hit man. Or, hey, a divorce.

Right? But it also tells me that money is important to him. He spends it to secure the girlfriend, and a pricey attorney, but doesn't want to part with a huge chunk to a more pricey slug to properly dispose of the little Mrs...

What a better plan, though. The perfect fall guy .. well, all except for those pre-paid phones and dozens of calls that could have been completely innocent conversations about ...... hmmmmm.... welll .... let me think on that a bit.

IMO IMO IMO IMO ....

I just hope there are some forensics that link BB if he truly is involved (beit physical or digital)...

after following the Patricia Kimmi case (M4H murder case as well) currently the man who did the hiring has STILL not been arrested for that crime but the guy who took the money and did the deed is sitting in prison...

Never heard of that case. Is it on WS? I thought I was pretty up on all my spouse murder cases.

Rice, I still am thinking Bob really figured he could make it look like a robbery gone bad.. and get life insurance... we have yet to hear about thaaat but I am sure there is something like that on the fringes as well imhoo.

Bob reminds me of the classic guy that thinks he can get away with anything and everything.. and that is what will catch him up... again jmhoo

Me too ..

(And BTW .. your little bee moves almost PERFECTLY to the beat of Foghat's "Slow Ride" .. it was pretty mesmerizing a few minutes ago .. lol)

Never heard of that case. Is it on WS? I thought I was pretty up on all my spouse murder cases.

yes... it happened right near where I lived when stationed in Kansas with mister nurse.... it is currently in the awaiting trials forum I believe (as those of us following her case are still awaiting Eugene Kimmi to be charged with murder for hire)

yes... it happened right near where I lived when stationed in Kansas with mister nurse.... it is currently in the awaiting trials forum I believe (as those of us following her case are still awaiting Eugene Kimmi to be charged with murder for hire)

I can't believe they haven't charged him yet!

It sounds like this case may be a little easier.. I think BB left a bigger trail than he thought..

Rice, I still am thinking Bob really figured he could make it look like a robbery gone bad.. and get life insurance... we have yet to hear about thaaat but I am sure there is something like that on the fringes as well imhoo.

Bob reminds me of the classic guy that thinks he can get away with anything and everything.. and that is what will catch him up... again jmhoo

If this wasn't the case with most criminals, our prisons would be empty.

Multiple sources have told the Local 4 Defenders that "Joe," the man Grosse Pointe Park police have in police custody, had admitted to strangling Jane Bashara.

Sources said "Joe" told investigators he was paid to strangle the 56-year-old mother and he did it while being threatened, while being held at gunpoint.

“Joe” said a second person drove Jane’s SUV and her lifeless body down to the east side of Detroit, while he followed in a second vehicle, sources said.Jane’s car was left in an alley in the area of 7 Mile Road and Hoover Street, and the second person jumped in the car with "Joe" and they drove off, sources said.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...to-murder-plot/-/1719314/8578176/-/afkqm9z/-/

We don't know what eyewitnesses may have seen and/or all the ways he may have trapped himself with his version of a timeline and events. For instance, assuming she was killed at home, according to him, he got home at 8 and she wasn't there. That means her car had to be gone by then or someone may have seen it leave. He and accomplice had to arrive before her car left, either separately or together.

There are phone records, GPS records, potential witness sightings (none reported that I know of) and forensic info that can trap him. Thare has to be much more than salt stains on her coat for LE to have the apparent confidence that she was killed at home.

After my recent experience following another case, I'm not going to jump the gun yet and say the husband is necessarily involved. When LE arrests him, then I'll change my mind, but there's still another possible scenario, so I don't know for sure what to believe.

It COULD be possible that B evicted this guy and all those phone calls between them was the guy stalking B.

From my point of view, up to right now, B put this guy's name on a list to LE of POSSIBLE people that had something against him. IF he'd actually hired the guy for a hit, why would he draw attention to himself by implicating the guy he allegedly hired? It doesn't make sense to me.

Now what about this.......What if the guy knew he was or most likely be implicated as having a grudge against the victim's husband, and IF he killed her, which apparently now they're saying he did, that to deflect attention from himself as the perp and he said 'just an accomplice,' and to get back at BB, he uses this 'hit' scenario? It's a POSSIBILITY. Not saying that's what happened, but possible.

He may have had the jacket, as he'd stolen it from the house. Seriously, why would BB leave the jacket with the alleged perp, giving evidence of his involvement? Again, makes no sense.

This guy may know LE has his # so rather than possibly facing Capital Murder (DP?) he says he's an 'accomplice' thus thinking MAKING A DEAL will get him off with a lighter sentence? Wasn't the first alibi for him just being a perp, was that he was in the garage when B killed her? Now we find out HE killed her, but for $$$.

Then, as far as B not being up front with LE,.....maybe he didn't want LE to know he MAY have been the last person who'd seen her, as we all know they usually are the guilty party. Plus, as far as him not telling LE exactly where he was, well at a BAR, he may have been meeting his g/f, which again won't look good to LE now that his wife was murdered. That may have been why he failed the polygraph.

I'm just not ready, YET, to throw the guy under the bus. I need more facts before I'll pull that card.

JMHO
fran

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...to-murder-plot/-/1719314/8578176/-/afkqm9z/-/

“Joe” said a second person drove Jane’s SUV and her lifeless body down to the east side of Detroit, while he followed in a second vehicle, sources said.Jane’s car was left in an alley in the area of 7 Mile Road and Hoover Street, and the second person jumped in the car with "Joe" and they drove off, sources said.

Remember LE asking for a witness to come forward (I'm thinking person left tip) about seeing a man driving her vehicle? This was early on...in the first day or so.

He may have had the jacket, as he'd stolen it from the house. Seriously, why would BB leave the jacket with the alleged perp, giving evidence of his involvement? Again, makes no sense.

My understanding is that the jacket is Joe's, not BB's.

After my recent experience following another case, I'm not going to jump the gun yet and say the husband is necessarily involved. When LE arrests him, then I'll change my mind, but there's still another possible scenario, so I don't know for sure what to believe.

It COULD be possible that B evicted this guy and all those phone calls between them was the guy stalking B.

From my point of view, up to right now, B put this guy's name on a list to LE of POSSIBLE people that had something against him. IF he'd actually hired the guy for a hit, why would he draw attention to himself by implicating the guy he allegedly hired? It doesn't make sense to me.

Now what about this.......What if the guy knew he was or most likely be implicated as having a grudge against the victim's husband, and IF he killed her, which apparently now they're saying he did, that to deflect attention from himself as the perp and he said 'just an accomplice,' and to get back at BB, he uses this 'hit' scenario? It's a POSSIBILITY. Not saying that's what happened, but possible.

This guy may know LE has his # so rather than possibly facing Capital Murder (DP?) he says he's an 'accomplice' thus thinking MAKING A DEAL will get him off with a lighter sentence? Wasn't the first alibi for him just being a perp, was that he was in the garage when B killed her? Now we find out HE killed her, but for $$$.

Then, as far as B not being up front with LE,.....maybe he didn't want LE to know he MAY have been the last person who'd seen her, as we all know they usually are the guilty party. Plus, as far as him not telling LE exactly where he was, well at a BAR, he may have been meeting his g/f, which again won't look good to LE now that his wife was murdered. That may have been why he failed the polygraph.

I'm just not ready, YET, to throw the guy under the bus. I need more facts before I'll pull that card.

JMHO
fran
actually, after hearing all these varied "joe" stories I agree with you Fran! I mean he was paid AND forced at gunpoint??? what gives with that.. and now there is third person...

it is crazy..

I am waiting to hear more myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members