GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible what we're seeing with this case and the aggressive public presence of the primary POI is something of the leading edge in criminal defense in the age of 24/7 news channels and 48/14 internet chatter: a person accused of a heinous crime goes on the PR
offensive (for a variety of reasons).

Seemed to be the strategy with Jerry Sandusky and, to a lesser extent, with Jay Rosenbaum in the Lauren Spierer case.

Traditional defense counsel thinking has been for a potential defendant/POI to clam up and disappear from public view--make them PROVE their case. Now it seems defendants are going on the offense immediately to perhaps taint jury pools, perhaps intimate witnesses, perhaps even intimidate prosecutors, most of whom (outside the Federal system) are publicly elected.

When I read a few pages of this thread yesterday, I felt guilty about laughing out loud (thanks Bravo) due to the sad fact that Jane is dead.
Now, after having read Valhall's entries on her site, I don't know what to do, laugh or cry, because this is just so damn weird. It's apparent that the master/slave roles run deep into every area of their lives.

Could the master have ordered one of his slaves to take care of Jane?
Would she (no. 1 slave) go that far in order to please her master?

Always happy to provide a laugh:seeya: Got to find some humor to survive some of these stories I believe. I'm thinking LE has looked at the Girlfriend and due to the weirdness I wouldn't rule out anything. If she's not involved I sure hope she has a good alibi. Right now I'm thinking Gentz may have lost his nerve but i can see a dominant guy like Bob actually holding a gun to his head and ordering him to do it. Provided Bob didn't do it himself. Strangling is very personal but then again it is a crime of "less cleanup" MOO

And wouldn't that just be the ultimate b*tch if Bella ends up in jail and
master bob lives happily ever after with slave no. 2?

The irony would be a b*tch. Praying Jane gets Justice and her Children the truth. As hard as it's going to be on the Children it's gotta beat a shadow of doubt or a lie for the rest of their lives. I hope they remain united.

It's possible what we're seeing with this case and the aggressive public presence of the primary POI is something of the leading edge in criminal defense in the age of 24/7 news channels and 48/14 internet chatter: a person accused of a heinous crime goes on the PR
offensive (for a variety of reasons).

Seemed to be the strategy with Jerry Sandusky and, to a lesser extent, with Jay Rosenbaum in the Lauren Spierer case.

Traditional defense counsel thinking has been for a potential defendant/POI to clam up and disappear from public view--make them PROVE their case. Now it seems defendants are going on the offense immediately to perhaps taint jury pools, perhaps intimate witnesses, perhaps even intimidate prosecutors, most of whom (outside the Federal system) are publicly elected.

Interesting theory.

From the little I've seen of the lawyer himself he seems kinda :what:. Is this that some kind of Baez move? hmmmm.

Hadn't BB and the girlfriend recently ended their affair, or were they just having a hard time? If they were breaking up, could that have been "for show" if the murder was planned many months in advance?

Interesting theory.

From the little I've seen of the lawyer himself he seems kinda :what:. Is this that some kind of Baez move? hmmmm.

Hadn't BB and the girlfriend recently ended their affair, or were they just having a hard time? If they were breaking up, could that have been "for show" if the murder was planned many months in advance?

It is an interesting theory and perhaps sign of a new era. I can accept the tactic as a whole but i find what Griem talked of ad nauseum very strange. This article talks of Bob recently attempting to buy the girlfriend a house. I assume they were back together at this point. Prolly not now tho :floorlaugh:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120204/METRO/202040363/Suspect-tied-Bashara-slaying-released

I've been reading here since the beginning and all I can say is that this is one of the sleaziest cases I've seen. I hope Jane gets her full measure of justice.

I was busy and missed the presser yesterday, but just listened to the short clip of the presser thesaint posted: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/bashara-attorney-david-greim-calls-press-conference

It was quite enough for me, thank you. To me, it wasn't surprising at all that Gentz was released. He told confused and conflicting stories and LE didn't have enough facts/forensics to charge him yet.

For his own sake, I hope LE have put Gentz in a safe place and are sitting on him. IMHO, he is the one who needs protection.

One thing is for sure. IF BB is arrested and charged (with excellent evidence against him), I hope the trial is live-streamed. If Griem represents him, it will be a fascinating one to view.

I am a patient person, thank goodness, and I'm willing to wait for charges to come down. I want solid, reliable evidence and a whole bunch of really good witnesses.

It truly is a twisted sordid tale CarolinaMoon. I have to admit I would watch not only to see Bob go down if he is charged but i would like to see Griem in a Courtroom.

If i were Griem i would be advising my Client not to make such quotes as this-

"Bashara, appearing worn Saturday afternoon, said sleep is hard to find in the bed he once shared with Jane" I wouldn't even be mentioning the word bed :what: And to fess up about the Girlfriend and S&M life. Seems the proof is there so stop lying.MOO

According to what I've learned (like I ever really wanted to!) this s typical. The Domme/Dominatrix is always capitalized and the sub or slave is never. Think of it as a literal "Lord and Master" and their subservient servant.

Takes all kinds I suppose.

Thank you for sharing your research with us. It was very illuminating. I might start calling him "bob" now (no caps on first letter) -- just for principle!

Thank you for sharing your research with us. It was very illuminating. I might start calling him "bob" now (no caps on first letter) -- just for principle!

Now thats funny :floorlaugh: Just dont call him shorty :great:

To be honest, I still can't decide if this guy, husband, was responsible for Jane's murder. It's possible Gentz worked on his own and it is what the lawyer said, Gentz attempting to collect what he THOUGHT BB owed him, and everything went terribly wrong. JG could have come to the realization of what he'd done and was emotionally destroyed, which is why he confessed to his friends.

OTOH, BB had come to some type of a crossing point with his mistress. She probably did break up with him recently because he wasn't moving fast enough. She also probably did call or write Jane and tell her of their affair. Which would account for the rumors that BB had recently moved out of the home. Often times if the mistress brings the relationship to a head by contacting the innocent spouse, it causes the marriage to crumble and the cheater ends up back with the mistress.

I can't forget what was revealed on the website linked above. The explosive evidence JalVal revealed is too important to the crux of the case to be cast aside as having some part in this mystery.

My advice to BB is to shut up. His tearful news interviews professing his love and sorrow over loosing Jane are an insult to anyone seeing it. His words and actions since Jane's murder are but a show. JalVal brought light onto his secret life and it can't be forgotten by anyone reading it. How could he have done all he did with this other woman, and still want us to believe he's sorry Jane is gone? Please don't tell me how you look over next to you in bed, that space is going to be filled as soon as the lights and cameras are turned off.

I hope for Jane's sake and the children, LE can get to the bottom of this. For now, that's all I care about. Justice for Jane.

BB and his mistress can ride off into the sunset and have a miserable life. They seem to deserve each other. :mad:

pfft,
fran

PS...oh and word for the def lawyer. He!! yeah the secret sex life of your client is going to taint this case. Perhaps your client should have thought of that before he went running around with his whips and chains! Now he decides it will taint his reputation? really? He didn't know that before? gimme a break! :rolleyes:

I hear what you are saying fran. If Bob truly is innocent he is his own worst enemy. I'll throw his Lawyer in that mix too. Waiting for LE to tip their hand and Justice for Jane and her Children :rose:

If i were Griem i would be advising my Client not to make such quotes as this-

"Bashara, appearing worn Saturday afternoon, said sleep is hard to find in the bed he once shared with Jane" I wouldn't even be mentioning the word bed :what: And to fess up about the Girlfriend and S&M life. Seems the proof is there so stop lying.MOO

Ugh! Yes, the word "bed" and let's add "loneliness" to words he shouldn't utter in public. His sideburns remind me of my father in the 1970s.

Ugh! Yes, the word "bed" and let's add "loneliness" to words he shouldn't utter in public. His sideburns remind me of my father in the 1970s.

Yes bob does appear a bit dated. No pun intended. Zero coolness bob.

OMG. News just announced an explosion at Josh Powell's home -- two children killed. CPS had just brought over Susan's boys for a supervised visit. One adult male killed too, believed to be Josh.

So sad for Susan's parents, if he did this on purpose, what a hateful and spiteful cretin.

OMG. News just announced an explosion at Josh Powell's home -- two children killed. CPS had just brought over Susan's boys for a supervised visit. One adult male killed too, believed to be Josh.

So sad for Susan's parents, if he did this on purpose, what a hateful and spiteful cretin.

I just saw this on Google, came here and stopped at this thread before looking for the case thread. Those poor children, they're with their mother now at least. Father definitely not in the same place.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...rt-2/-/1719314/8599118/-/10qm6pz/-/index.html

Local 4 Defenders interview Bob Bashara: Part 2

Bashara answers more questions about his wife Jane's murder investigation

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...chel/-/1719314/8599284/-/lwriknz/-/index.html

Defenders obtain exclusive photos of Bob Bashara with woman named Rachel

bobrachelgillett.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members