GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny's order cites a "session" held before his court on Friday, where he indicates a prosecutor requested a lawyer for Gentz. It is unclear if the request came from the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office, which has repeated said it has received no request for a warrant to charge anyone in the slaying.

Kenny wrote: "Upon presentation by the people of the state of Michigan that Joseph Gentz is entitled to legal counsel, the court determines Mr. Gentz is without means to secure counsel in the cause involving the investigation into the death of Jane Bashara. It is hereby ordered that counsel, Susan Reed, shall be appointed to represent Joseph Gentz regarding the investigation into the death of Jane Bashara."
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...shara-case?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

I tend to think Jane knew about Rachel. Just my opinion. Rachel did nothing illegal, I am surprised at how many of you all hate her already. She was a mistress and into a real common fetish, neither of which are illegal. I don't have the highest opinion of this woman, but based off of her forum posts, she seems pretty straightforward and honest in her own life---just my 2cents.

It's complicated indeed.
Rachel, the human being who we don't know personally, has become an example of bad behavior (hooks up with married man claiming him for herself -also known as coveting) that leads to more bad behavior (murder of the wife of her long term sexual partner whom she calls 'Master"). Her behavior is hated, we don't know her except through her writings. She had full knowledge that bb had a wife and a family. She couldn't wait for his children to be out of her way. I'd say I pity her more than I hate her.

where does the 'who' go versus the 'whom'?

I tend to think Jane knew about Rachel. Just my opinion. Rachel did nothing illegal, I am surprised at how many of you all hate her already. She was a mistress and into a real common fetish, neither of which are illegal. I don't have the highest opinion of this woman, but based off of her forum posts, she seems pretty straightforward and honest in her own life---just my 2cents.

Whoa, who said anything about hating her? I just happen to think she has some brass ones for shaking her finger :nono: at the public for gossiping when she's hardly above reproach.

That said, I think the blame for Jane's death rests squarely on the shoulders of her hirsute hubby.

There are a WHOLE lot of things that aren't illegal that are WRONG.

I'm pretty well known for saying:

"Just because you CAN .. Doesn't mean you should."

imo imo

Yes just because something is not illegal does not mean it's not morally wrong. I have no respect for anyone who cheats. Or hooks up with a cheater. Leave the relationship if your not happy. Today we just have people who want the tangibles all to themselves when they leave the marriage. So the answer in their minds becomes murder. I respect the posters right to an opinion and to express it. I just don't agree with it. I dont hate anybody. I just hate what they did.

I've watched a couple of the BB videos, but I find it hard to click the link for the others.

There is compelling evidence he CHEATED on his wife. I don't know if he had anything to do with her murder. But I do know, just because he said he didn't doesn't mean he had no part in it. He also said he didn't have an affair, and we all KNOW that is a BIG fat lie. :liar:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I'm not buyin' any of it!

Oh, and as for the g/f, she can forgetaboutit. She was having an affair with a married man. Puhhhlllleeeez STOP talking about Jane. You don't deserve to utter her name.

Nah, I don't hate her. I just don't think she's a nice person. :sick:

just sayin'
fran

PS...oh, and if she doesn't want anyone talking about her, then she shouldn't have done what she did. It is what it is...... IF you didn't want your kids and friends to know about it, well, guess what? yeah, you know the answer. :nono: Don't try and shame anyone into silence, I think you've done enough already. Don't you? :what:

Rachels words infuriate me to no end. As esteemed posters have pointed out the obvious. Did she ever entertain her Family and Friends may one day hear of her "Private Life"? She ran around publicly with a married man and was good with that. Did she ever consider Jane's feelings? And now this tragedy. Ya play ya pay Rachel. Sometimes ten fold.

I feel the same way--yeah, NOW she's worried about her children. No problem when Master Bobb, a married man, was hanging around her family.

As others have said, I don't think she's "hated" as a person, but I don't think I'm alone in finding her even saying Jane's name publicly in VERY bad taste. I'm also not a big fan of having a relationship with a married man period. Whether her children are being embarassed by their mother's activities is of no concern to me--at least their mother is still alive.

This afternoon I read the posts at Valhall's to see if I'd missed anything because I began reading about this case after it was already underway. Someone posted that bb went to rg's daughter's wedding on NYE - I knew that, but I didn't know that he told Jane that he was attending a golf outing which, of course, was a flat out lie. If that's what he told her, it got me thinking that he may not have had any intention of leaving his wife altogether as he'd been promising rg he was going to do. If he was going to leave, why would he be lying about going to a golf outing? I'm thinking he was going to keep trying to pacify Jane and string rg along for as long as he could get away with it. That's why it's so easy for him to insist that he loved Jane and would do nothing to harm her (as long as she went along with his program). It's easy to see what a 'nice' guy he's used to playing and he believes he is innocent because he never intended to kill her but she went too far and pushed him into it. Remember, he thinks he's the master. This a sick person imo.

Considering the timing of Jane's murder, it is probably tied into bb's NYE lie and Jane finding out about it. She may have even found out about it directly from rg. It would be interesting to know if rg had contacted Jane shortly after the wedding. Jane may have known alot about Bob's activities but she drew the line when she found out he was fixing to play house with rg and was acting as her substitute husband. This may have been the icing on the cake as far as Jane was concerned and the tensions rose and Jane made it clear she had finally had it. That's when she lost her life as nobody was going to tell bb that the relationship was over until he said so. Afterall, he liked things the way they were with his home life all tidy and respectable with all of his hobbies from hell on the side. Jane was to bb what rg thought Oregon was going to be to bb. I bet you a pretty penny that bb was not going to leave Jane and that this other slave was being introduced as his plan to keep rg busy because she had become a pain/nag. In bb's mind, he loved Jane but she wouldn't obey him so he strangled her (or had her strangled). I think bb did it himself though. Rg is to blame on some level as well imo.

Rg may have also played a large role in murdering Jane to the extent that she manipulated Joe in some way to take the heat off bb. I can't figure out the submissive guy's involvement or why he'd be willing to cop to murdering Jane unless he has a serious mental handicap or a very low IQ which is possible based on comments I've read by people who know him.

This crime is so disturbing to me that I needed to come here to post my thoughts about it before I'll be able to fall asleep.

could Joe be cutting a deal?

With the appointment of a lawyer for Bob Bashara's former handyman, Joe Gentz, well-known attorney Todd Flood said it sure looks like Gentz is working to cut a deal.

Grosse Pointe Park police kept Gentz in custody for three days after he entered the police department to confess to his involvement in Bob Bashara's wife's murder.

"If a prosecutor in the case, and I knew Joe was telling the truth, then you have to give Joe a deal. Joe's probably first in, first to win," Flood said.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-case/-/1719314/8605040/-/levbxn/-/index.html

Brother of Joe Speaks Out

In a national television interview, the brother of handyman Joe Gentz said he was convinced that his brother is somehow connected in last month's strangulation death of Grosse Pointe Park marketing executive Jane Bashara.

"I believe that something happened that night," said Gentz's brother, speaking anonymously in a taped interview on ABC's "Good Morning America" program Tuesday morning. "Someone doesn't go into a police station and turn themselves in not knowing what the consequences would be."

another snip:

Police are intensifying their focus on Bashara's lifestyle as part of the murder investigation, a police source told The News.

Bashara reportedly had planned to purchase a house a few blocks away from his Grosse Pointe Park home and set it up as a getaway, with one, and possibly more, associates living there, sources said.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...-happened-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl