GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess now, according to how Griem operates, Jane's mom is now a POI.

Bob Bashara accused of harassing mother-in-law

By Mitch Hotts
mitch.hotts@macombdaily.com
Posted: 05/15/12 10:14 pm
Updated: 05/15/12 11:57 pm

... Lorraine Engelbrecht, the mother of the late Jane Bashara, filed the report with the Roseville Police Department after she spoke with her son-in-law after watching the May 11 “Dateline NBC” television show about her daughter.

Dave Griem, Bob Bashara’s defense attorney, said his client made no threats and asked her to think about the couple’s children, asking her to avoid additional arguments.

Maria Miller, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor’s office, declined to respond to the allegations because “the investigation into the homicide of Jane Bashara is ongoing.”

---------

Full Story is at the Source: http://www.macombdaily.com/article/...d-of-harassing-mother-in-law&pager=full_story

Respectfully snipped for space. Shouldn't Bob have thought about their children before going on Dateline instead of afterwards?

Respectfully snipped for space. Shouldn't Bob have thought about their children before going on Dateline instead of afterwards?

Bob is a narcissistic sociopath,he 'knows' he is slicker then everyone else...and believes he can make them believe him...I bet the video crew could hardly refrain from laughing when he brought out the 'Your the man Bob' glass...

If he wasn't such a piece of work,it would almost be sad...He is not going to do well in prison..

Elsewhere on the net incog88 said about the "You are the man, Bob" glass:

people talking about the 'you're' the man bob cup... they were given to him by his family at a 'bob' store (everything about bob)... Pretty sure he has a bob shirt and clock and doormat too lol

EXCLUSIVE!

LNS has asked me to post the below from a source close to Rachel Gillett that LNS believes to be trustworthy and credible:

"There was NO letter and no contact of any kind between RG and Jane ever... that was a rumor that somehow started at the beginning of this case. It never happened and there will be no proof of any contact come out during the trial.

"There was no reason for RG to contact Jane. RG thought that a divorce was pending and that the marriage was over by mutual consent. Then she was told the divorce was final and that they (RG and Bob) could go on with their life together. RG thought this was just a couple who was in the process of a MUTUAL divorce. She thought that both Jane and Bob would move on and be happier without the other person.

"There was no reason for RG to confront Jane about anything, there was nothing for her to be mad or vengeful about. She never thought this was a happy marriage, she'd been given many, many instances from Bob of how they did not get along. Also, RG didn't know anyone else in GP or anyone who knew Bob and Jane... so unfortunately she got all her information from Bob who she trusted and loved. When he told RG that the divorce was coming soon and that Jane wanted it too, she believed him.

"That makes his current stand on being the loving husband, who had no intention of leaving his wife for RG so much sicker. People who saw RG and Bob together could see how in love they were, it was very obvious even to strangers that they were crazy about each other.` He had many talks with RG's family, friends and grown children about his intentions of a future with RG, taking care of her etc.. "

While the source does not believe Jane knew anything about RG or the alternative lifestyle, they believe that after 26 years Jane must have known that Bob was a cheater. They feel sure she had to catch him in many, many lies over the years.

Just seen that Channel 4 News is airing an interview with RG Sunday night. I'm very surprised that she is coming out in the public to share that info.
I believe that info Darkman but.......I scratch my head on how she never had a clue in all that time that he may of been yankin her chain. LOL No pun intended

It's HERE:

Bob Bashara's Former Mistress Breaks Her Silence

Published On: May 18 2012 04:54:46 PM EDT

--- VIDEO ---- (preview)

clipboard02bj.jpg

SUNDAY AT 11 P.M. - A Defenders Exclusive! Chilling new details from the woman who had everything to lose.

clipboard01xlr.jpg

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/Bob-B...nce/-/1719524/13483832/-/wp9t5nz/-/index.html

clipboard01xa.jpg

clipboard04e.jpg

clipboard03fc.jpg

clipboard02ea.jpg
--

Darkman00 said:
EXCLUSIVE!

LNS has asked me to post the below from a source close to Rachel Gillett that LNS believes to be trustworthy and credible:

"There was NO letter and no contact of any kind between RG and Jane ever... that was a rumor that somehow started at the beginning of this case. It never happened and there will be no proof of any contact come out during the trial.

"There was no reason for RG to contact Jane. RG thought that a divorce was pending and that the marriage was over by mutual consent. Then she was told the divorce was final and that they (RG and Bob) could go on with their life together. RG thought this was just a couple who was in the process of a MUTUAL divorce. She thought that both Jane and Bob would move on and be happier without the other person.

"There was no reason for RG to confront Jane about anything, there was nothing for her to be mad or vengeful about. She never thought this was a happy marriage, she'd been given many, many instances from Bob of how they did not get along. Also, RG didn't know anyone else in GP or anyone who knew Bob and Jane... so unfortunately she got all her information from Bob who she trusted and loved. When he told RG that the divorce was coming soon and that Jane wanted it too, she believed him.

"That makes his current stand on being the loving husband, who had no intention of leaving his wife for RG so much sicker. People who saw RG and Bob together could see how in love they were, it was very obvious even to strangers that they were crazy about each other.` He had many talks with RG's family, friends and grown children about his intentions of a future with RG, taking care of her etc.. "

While the source does not believe Jane knew anything about RG or the alternative lifestyle, they believe that after 26 years Jane must have known that Bob was a cheater. They feel sure she had to catch him in many, many lies over the years.
Maybe in light of what RG said above and in light of her upcoming TV interview this Sunday at 11 P.M. --- possibly some people would like to listen to this before the Sunday night interview:

It's ... Mojo in the Morning with Alias Beth and Aaron (AUDIO of their phone calls to Mojo, re: Bob Bashara and Rachel Gillett) ... Here it is:

http://www.mojointhemorning.com/player/?mid=21808634

Elsewhere on the net incog88 said about the "You are the man, Bob" glass:

people talking about the 'you're' the man bob cup... they were given to him by his family at a 'bob' store (everything about bob)... Pretty sure he has a bob shirt and clock and doormat too lol

How about a cup that says You're a CHEATER

I wish they had enough on him to arrest him, already!! I wonder if they are waiting on JG results? Each day he has his freedom, must make JB's family sick!!!

How about a cup that says You're a CHEATER

I wish they had enough on him to arrest him, already!! I wonder if they are waiting on JG results? Each day he has his freedom, must make JB's family sick!!!

I often wonder the same thing. I realize that every day he goes uncharged, Griem cannot look at any discovery but something does not feel right about all the delays. It would appear that most of what we are waiting on hinges on JG but there has to be more incriminating evidence than just testimony from JG. What is the real reason behind the delay???????

Maybe in light of what RG said above and in light of her upcoming TV interview this Sunday at 11 P.M. --- possibly some people would like to listen to this before the Sunday night interview:

It's ... Mojo in the Morning with Alias Beth and Aaron (AUDIO of their phone calls to Mojo, re: Bob Bashara and Rachel Gillett) ... Here it is:

http://www.mojointhemorning.com/player/?mid=21808634

Beth sure sounds as if she has compassion for Jane - the woman who lost her life because her good friend, Rachel, broke up with Jane's husband. NOT! I hate when people refer to victims as 'this woman' or 'that woman' - why the disdain for Jane, Beth?

Just seen that Channel 4 News is airing an interview with RG Sunday night. I'm very surprised that she is coming out in the public to share that info.
I believe that info Darkman but.......I scratch my head on how she never had a clue in all that time that he may of been yankin her chain. LOL No pun intended

I'm surprised too because RG's not believable - methinks she's scared of what might be coming her way.
There is NO way that Rachel was unaware of BB's marital status beyond the first few months of 'dating' him. How old is she? How long were they together (behind Jane's back)? If Rachel was a woman in her twenties, I might believe her but at her age? NO WAY. The truth is imo, she was fed up that BB had not fulfilled his promise to her to ditch Jane after so many years of promising that he would do so.
Maybe RG did break up with Bob AGAIN, but I'm not sure I believe that she did. That said, BB and RG looked very happy at RG's daughter's wedding on New Years Eve 2011, just prior to Jane's murder.

RG's work performance had been suffering, she was on the verge of being fired (per records that have been released) and, like a love starved teenager, was allowing a man to control her life and be the measure of her happiness. No woman wants to be 'the other woman'. RG's friend, Beth, said that RG didn't want to be 'the other woman' - what woman does? Beth made the statement suggesting that, if RG had known she was 'the other woman', she would have left the relationship. Not believable imo because RG was 'the other woman' and she knew it, had been for a long time and didn't see her status as 'the other woman' ending anytime soon. That made her a desperate woman as well as the other woman.

It's interesting that RG is coming forward, in her own defense, at this time.

Is it just me or does Rachel look like she could be Glenda the Good Witch's evil older kinky psycho sister? Her voice sound sweet but her eyes look deceptive. In the pictures of Jane her eyes look sad even though she is smiling. :/

Bob Bashara and Jane were well known in their community.

Not buying what RG is slinging. imo

EXCLUSIVE!

BBM
That seems to be such a double-standard. RG's camp is saying she was in the dark about BB's deception and really believed what he was shoveling about his marriage and imminent divorce. YET they don't give the same grace to poor Jane, instead saying "....they feel sure she had to catch him in many, many lies...". Seriously? Do they not see how hypocritical that statement is?

I thought i read somewhere .. some comment (can't remember now where) that Jane knew Bob is a liar ... and even told her friends that "Bob lies..." (or something like that)

Can't remember the source though ... so take it with a grain of salt i guess :rolleyes:

Besides...

... Bob and Jane DID have problems... they, admittedly so, saw a marriage counselor ... and in a Public Statement, previously issued by Jane's family, it states something like: "Even though Jane's family were aware of problems in Bob and Jane's relationship, Jane wouldn't stand for an "open marriage...." etc

RG stated that she does not believe Jane knew about the S&M lifestyle though. What if Jane had recently found out about the S&M and/or the long term affair bb had going on - Jane probably saw those pictures from NYE.

Problems versus outright deceit (repeated), continuing affair/s, etc. are not tolerable over the long haul and something has to give imo. Jane may have found out more than she ever wanted to know causing tensions to escalate between her and bb. If Jane where here to speak for herself, I doubt she'd put her own name on a list for sainthood. Then again I don't think her sins would stack up nearly as high as bb's do. For 'the other woman' to say outloud the type of '*****y' wife bb claims Jane was, is lower than low imo. Of course he's going to tell RG that - fool! After three or four years (I'm minimizing the time frame as RG is publically doing), RG might have figured out bb was lying about Jane's intolerable evils simply by the fact that he stayed with Jane for so long after meeting wonderful her. Besides, if you're living with a lying creep it tends to tear away at your charming side over time.

Bob Bashara's mistress says he manipulated her, told her he was divorced

7:28 AM, May 21, 2012

A woman who dated Bob Bashara before his wife was found slain says the Grosse Pointe Park man first portrayed himself online as widowed and later told her he was getting divorced as they were building a life together.

But a few days after Bashara's wife Jane was found dead in January, strangled in the back of her SUV in a Detroit alley, Rachel Gillett, 51, said she was shocked as she watched Bashara crying and mourning his wife's loss on television.

"Obviously, first of all, that he was still married, that the divorce that I thought had happened in May didn't happen," Gillett said in an interview that first aired on WDIV Channel 4 Sunday night. "And that he'd lied to me, and I was just -- I went in shock pretty much."

Gillett, who has since filed a personal protection order against Bob Bashara, said she met the businessman online. She said his profile claimed he was widowed and raising a teenaged daughter by himself. But Gillett found out during the relationship he was married.

"Over the course of that relationship, I unfortunately began to care very much for him and fell in love," Gillett said. "In retrospect, I realize that he lied to me and manipulated me. And now I find myself in a position I never, ever imagined I would be in."

Bashara told her that he and his wife were living separate lives.

"At no time did I think this was a good, solid relationship," she said. A year before the killing, she said Bob told her he was divorcing.

"For the last eight months of our relationship, I thought he was finally divorced," Gillett said. "We looked for a house. We went many places in Grosse Pointe and in the area. I never tried to hide my relationship. My friends, my family, my coworkers all knew of Bob as my boyfriend. This was a relationship that I thought was mutual. He led me to believe he wanted a future with me as much as I wanted it. And I have since discovered that he had no intention of ever divorcing. And I still have a difficult time. I don't understand how you can do that."

Gillett, who has since moved out of state, said she waited to speak publicly until after Mother's Day out of respect for the Bashara children.

"I want to offer my deepest sympathies and condolences and prayers to the members of Jane's family who actually really loved her," Gillett said. "It's still devastating. And it's devastating to everybody in the community -- and I understand that -- and to Jane's family. She does not have the opportunity to move on with her life and to get a divorce and go on and have a new life. That was taken from her. And I don't know what else to say."

-------

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/201205...ara-Rachel-Gillett-Jane-Bashara-Grosse-Pointe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roberasparrow