GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.freep.com/article/20140622/NEWS02/306220089/Jane-Bashara-labyrinth

It’s a way to keep alive the memory of a Grosse Pointe Park mother who was murdered two years ago.

The ground-breaking for Jane’s Walk GP, a labyrinth honoring Jane Bashara, is scheduled for Sunday at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church in Grosse Pointe Woods, where she was a longtime member...

Bashara’s family released a statement saying they are “touched and amazed by the enormity of the impact that Jane’s life and death had on so many people.”

June 23, 2014 at 8:52 am

Labyrinth planned in memory of Jane Bashara

Associated Press

Grosse Pointe Woods — A labyrinth is planned in memory of a suburban Detroit woman who was strangled two years ago.

Members of St. Michael’s Episcopal Church in Grosse Pointe Woods broke ground in the church’s front yard Sunday for Jane’s Walk GP to honor the life of Jane Bashara, the Detroit Free Press reported.

“It’s not just for the church — it’s for the whole community because we’re all dealing with this,” said Kate Colborn, co-chairwoman of the labyrinth-building committee. “Jane touched so many lives.” ...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140623/METRO01/306230051#ixzz35T6QvGlz

ap_jane_bashara_dm_120201_wmain.jpg

Joe Gentz, 48, walked into the Grosse Pointe Park police station Tuesday and admitted to a direct role in the murder of Bashara, 56, police sources told ABC News Detroit affiliate WXYZ, and claimed that the woman's husband Bob Bashara, 54, had a hand in her death.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/grosse-pointe-murder-man-claims-husbands-accomplice/story?id=15486187

thank you haunts buddy:seeya:

i recently watched the dateline about this case and have been doing a little catchup so that i MIGHT know what's up when this goes to trial........

save me a seat at the circus :winkkiss:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: You got it!

I'm watching the 'Scorned' episode now, got the pretrial videos up and ready to go. Gonna be a fun afternoon of catch up.

I watched his daughters testimony about how she saw him watching *advertiser censored* on bdsm sites and sexting.

I'm amazed how similar the situation is to the mazzaglia trial.
Also another interesting group of characters... :facepalm:

Bob Bashara due in court Friday for motion hearing

Grosse Pointe Park man due to go on trial for his wife's murder in October

Published On: Jul 11 2014 07:22:29 AM EDT Updated On: Jul 11 2014 07:23:07 AM EDT

DETROIT -
Bob Bashara is due in court Friday morning for a motion hearing ahead of his trial on a murder charge.

The Grosse Pointe Park man is accused of killing his wife, Jane.

Jane Bashara was found strangled on Jan. 25, 2012, inside her SUV that was parked in a Detroit alley, a few miles from the couple's home.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/bob-bashara-due-in-court-friday-for-motion-hearing/26896640

Seem to be discussing discovery... turn over Mr. Fascinelli's (sp) cell phone and computer.

The judge is impatient and says that "this" is not the type of thing she wants to be in court for. She's not setting the trial for 2015.

Prosecution complains that there is zero discovery from the defense.

Everybody seems mad at each other.

I'm not up on the latest defense attorney's name. Judge Vonda is not going to beat dead horses. She calls defense that what there doing is ridiculous and they need to mover forward with their motions.

Lots and lots of temper tantrums today.

Big Bob's just sitting there, looking at his attorneys.

That seems to be it. Lots of RL going on around me, sorry for not getting more... It's over!

Bob's former mob boss neighbor (at 560 Middlesex) Jack Tocco died Monday (7/14) at 87:

http://grossepointe.patch.com/group...-tocco-last-of-the-old-school-godfathers-dies

Jack came up in earlier discussions in this thread so it seems relevant. Reading from the article linked above about how Jack liked "pulling strings behind the scenes," it seems that maybe Bob was trying to emulate him, but we all know how that turned out . . . and Jack served less jail time than Bob already has if my math is correct!

[Edit] After doing some further digging, I found this transcript from the 1961 Ontario Legislature that mentions the Toccos and where they lived, in a discussion about organized crime (apparently some Canadian politicians had their heads in the sand regarding the presence of it in their country) - Jack and several family members lived on Middlesex Road, including his brother Anthony who lived at 552, where Jane Bashara was murdered. Here is the link and excerpted text:

http://archive.org/stream/v1hansard196162ontauoft/v1hansard196162ontauoft_djvu.txt

-----------------------------------------
There has been reference in court to a
James Bay hunting trip which Joseph Mc-
Dermott was supposed to have made with
two or three racketeers from the United
States. On September 30, 1958 McDermott,
Feeley and six other men arrived at Moosonee,
Ontario, and were taken to the James Bay
goose club. They departed by air on October
4, with the exception of one man to whom
I shall refer later.

The other members of the party were all
from Detroit and all are, assuming them to be
still alive, reputed leaders of the Mafia in
Detroit. The five men were:

William Tocco of 581 Middlesex Road,
Grosse Point Park, Michigan. This man has a
Detroit police record from the prohibition
days, being arrested several times but never
convicted. He is apparently very wealthy,
owning interests in a produce business, a beer
distributorship, a bus line and a bakery in
Detroit. He is reported to be the judge and
peacemaker within the gambling syndicate in
Detroit.

Anthony Tocco of 552 Middlesex Road,
Grosse Point Park is the son of William
Tocco, and is married to Carmelia Profaci
the daughter of Joseph Profaci of Brooklyn,
who is regarded as the leader of the syndicate
in the eastern United States.

Jack W. Tocco of 560 Middlesex Road,
Grosse Point Park, Michigan is the son of
William Tocco and is married to the daughter
of Angelo Meli, a czar of the prohibition era,
who is said to have a controlling interest in
gambling in the Detroit area. Jack Tocco is
a large shareholder in the Hazel Park racing
association, which owns a race track in
Detroit and operates Wheeling Downs in
West Virginia.

Vincent Meli, 1683 New Castle Ave., Grosse
Point Woods, Michigan. He is the son of
Angelo Meli, to whom I have just referred.

Dominic Corrado, 701 Middlesex Road,
Grosse Point Park. He is a cousin of Jack and
Anthony Tocco and the son of the late Peter
Corrado, a czar of Detroit bootlegging and
gambling. Dominic Corrado was arrested on
a gaming charge in 1952 but released.
-----------------------------------------------

I know it's getting a bit OT, but if you are interested in how the syndicate operated, read the part of the transcript above and below the clipped section above (I found it easiest to copy the entire text from the website and paste it into a Word document (2952 pages) and then use search within that document).

Bob I think wanted very much to be like these guys but he had no class - no way no how would a mob boss ever have somebody rubbed out their own home, much less their own wife!

Not only does he not have class, he is an idiot.

Bashara prosecutors told to return computers, solve issues outside court

7:21 PM, July 11, 2014

bilde

Bob Bashara at a hearing Friday, July 11, 2014 in Wayne County Circuit Court in Detroit where Judge Vonda Evans ordered prosecutors to return computers and told both sides to solve their issues outside of court. / Regina H. Boone/Detroit Free Press

The judge overseeing the Bob Bashara murder case voiced her displeasure Friday with attorneys on both sides, telling them they are going to have to do a better job working things out without coming to court.

“I am a judge and you are lawyers,” Wayne County Circuit Judge Vonda Evans said. “I am not a referee at a Little League game, and I refuse to allow this trial to go down that path.”
“It’s time for this show to go on,” Evans said. “As far as this trial date is concerned, it is a firm date.”

She reiterated she does not want to put “every little thing” on the record when it’s not required and said many things can be resolved without the defense and prosecutors coming before her.

“I’m not going to be here in 2016 doing the people of the State of Michigan vs. Bob Basahara,” Evans said.

Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20140711/NEWS01/307110125/Bob-Bashara-back-in-court

This is a wild case all around. The trial will be a doozy!

Shout out to Darkman..so glad you are backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!.

THE ONE local who kept this thread going for YEARS and is THIS FORUM'S HEAD PERSON WITH WS!!!!!....

You live and breath this case...

:grouphug:

:blowkiss:

ETA: Just went back to beginning of this thread to see your posts...and saw a thanks on one of the first few of SoonerFan#1. :tears: I miss her greatly :grouphug:

Shout out to Darkman..so glad you are backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!.

THE ONE local who kept this thread going for YEARS and is THIS FORUM'S HEAD PERSON WITH WS!!!!!....

You live and breath this case...

:grouphug:

:blowkiss:

ETA: Just went back to beginning of this thread to see your posts...and saw a thanks on one of the first few of SoonerFan#1. :tears: I miss her greatly :grouphug:

Thank you, atthelake :blushing:

Not very active (as far as the case is concerned anyhow) nowadays, though ....

Life etc ...

What did you mean by "local", by the way?

I am in Winnipeg, Canada ... so not "local" in Detroit there, if that what you meant )))

Maybe I misunderstood ...

P.S.

Re: SoonerFan#1

What happened to her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics