MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry, this is OT but I swear he came into my work once. Before he was arrested, I was 18 years old and working retail. A guy came in and the second he walked into the store I couldn't get him out of the store fast enough. I was shaking and dropping stuff and had trouble ringing up his purchase. He just looked at me calmly and said "You nervous?" I can't remember what I said but I just remember ringing him up and being so relieved when he left. I worked near where he worked. When I saw him on the news I couldn't believe it. I don't know what it was about that guy but the second he walked into my store I couldn't get him out of there fast enough. Still creeps me out.

I guess before working at the VA, he also worked at the same place my grandma worked. It was a nursing home...ugh...he's creepy

did you know he was a suspect at the time? I've been in that situation only once. I got such a blast of fear/cold/dark energy from this man I turned white and felt nauseus.

I'm sorry I went back to the video link and here's what it said (1:08 in):

Her purse was left behind and she had no cell phone because it was with her fiance.

My apologies!

Missing Norton Shores Woman - YouTube

Thank you. The phone thing has been on my mind all along. In today's world most young people have cell phones practically glued to their bodies. So, not only did Jessica work in an isolated unprotected environment, she wasn't armed with a cell phone either. Nice.

The owner knows he screwed up royally but he still may be very upset about what is going on and be suffering over Jessica's disappearance. He's screwed up though and, at the very least, is a total cheap skate imo. My husband told me he wouldn't let me work in a place like that under any circumstances, isn't that nice? People get too comfortable in their own environments. It shouldn't happen but it does. It's terrifying when you stop to think about how often but peeps still don't pay close attention. Some things are obvious but not always.

Still can't get over the person who most closely matches the description we've heard.

I'd love to see the original ad. I don't find a CL posting for a job odd at all.

It got a bit distorted,sorry.

attachment.php

he does seem to be acting very suspicious....wonder what he has to hide?
How long had she been working there and was it always the same shift?

Some people just do this.
When my DH isn't around I refer to them as "my kids."
If Jessica was standing next to him he would probably be "our son."
But when the other person isn't there... a lot of people just say "my son."
It doesn't mean anything in my opinion. :twocents:

IMO since he was talking about her, the mother of this child who has been abducted I would certainly think he would refer to the child as her son or our son. But it doesn't mean he is guilty of anything. But it is odd.

Thank you. The phone thing has been on my mind all along. In today's world most young people have cell phones practically glued to their bodies. So, not only did Jessica work in an isolated unprotected environment, she wasn't armed with a cell phone either. Nice.

The owner knows he screwed up royally but he still may be very upset about what is going on and be suffering over Jessica's disappearance. He's screwed up though and, at the very least, is a total cheap skate imo. My husband told me he wouldn't let me work in a place like that under any circumstances, isn't that nice? People get too comfortable in their own environments. It shouldn't happen but it does. It's terrifying when you stop to think about how often but peeps still don't pay close attention. Some things are obvious but not always.

Still can't get over the person who most closely matches the description we've heard.

There are things the owner could say IMO that would be appropriate and very much welcomed, that would not get him in any legal trouble and would go towards his cause of not looking like a stone cold, greedy, heartless <self mod-snip> in this situation. I'm not a lawyer so I won't pretend to craft a statement for him but even if he was negligent as a business owner and even if he's not the nicest guy, there's a beautiful young woman missing from his community-- her little boy at home, a broken hearted family and a community on edge.

It's hard not to be suspicious.

Did the police intend to rattle the owner's cage by putting out a description that implicates him? I wonder what kind of vehicle he drives.

That made me LOL so hard!!!

I have to agree, but I wasn't sure if I should respond to the comment, because of the seriousness of this matter with Jessica missing, but I have to say I laughed too! :)

I'm getting confused between the person who owns the store and the person who manages the store.

The person who owns the store is a male and the person who manages the store is a female????

Did the police intend to rattle the owner's cage by putting out a description that implicates him? I wonder what kind of vehicle he drives.

Not him, it's a her.

wait, the store manager is not a him????

The store manager is a him. He doesn't look too tall but then he wasn't standing next to anybody either.

If you watch the four or five videos, you'll see a person with sandy blond (lt brown or dk blond) hair clearly parted in the middle. Broad shoulders and stocky too - not sure how tall though. That person is a her, not a him.

April 29, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Michigan police believe Norton Shores gas station clerk abducted

By Jeff Karoub
Associated Press

Norton Shores — Several friends and acquaintances of a petite 25-year-old gas station clerk who went missing while working the night shift have been ruled out in her disappearance, which western Michigan investigators are treating as an abduction, the local police chief said Monday.

Police have frustratingly little evidence as they search for Jessica Heeringa, who disappeared Friday night shortly before the young mother was set to close an Exxon Mobil gas station in Norton Shores. The station didn't have a security camera and there were no signs of a struggle or robbery, though police have released a description of a vehicle and a man seen in the area...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130429/METRO/304290367#ixzz2RsxQqNJ7

You're going to have to follow that up. What?

That's why I stated that I have an active imagination! Of course I thought other people (at least one) would have made the same observation.
Based on some of my observations, I suspect I'm from another planet.

I'm getting confused between the person who owns the store and the person who manages the store.

The person who owns the store is a male and the person who manages the store is a female????

Actually, I don't know about the store manager - not familiar with that person. The store owner is a him as we've seen in the video.

Am I confusing people even more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member