MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, thought it was a little odd when I first heard about the witness account. However, I believe what the co-worker said was that she saw a suspicious van as she was passing by and decided to pull into the guitar store to watch. She had no idea that an abduction was taking place and didn't witness anything else that was suspicious. It's understandable that she didn't jump to the conclusion that an abduction was taking place since nothing like this has happened in the area, at least not in recent memory. I do think it is odd that she didn't decide to go check on her co-worker, though.

I wonder if the reason that the police are not releasing the sketch is because they have some questions about the tip. To me, the description ( wavy hair, parted in the middle, slightly longer on top...) sounds like they were quite close to the suspect. But this was at night, and to see that much detail, they would have to be quite nearby. And if they were THAT close, Jessica and the suspect could see them as well.
I am trying to picture how far the guitar store parking lot would be from where Jessica was abducted... in the dark, COULD you see enough detail to tell the hair was slightly longer on top???
Unfortunately I find myself wondering if the witness initially put herself at the scene to make herself important, and is now stuck owning her story. ANd LE is on a wild goose chase...

Do you mean the van may have been abandoned in that spot? License plate removed so that it would take more time to figure out who the van is connected too?
The perp may have used a different vehicle within minutes of the abduction. Since it was so dark and isolated, the risk of doing that may have been low.

Abandoning the vehicle is a very real possibility. It is extremely unusual to see any type of vehicle parked inside of any apartment complex without a license plate. I don't recall observing any other instances of a vehicle being parked without a license plate. The event becomes even more suspicious when the vehicle is located in close proximity to where a crime has been committed and also matches the description of a vehicle police are looking for.

Has this been posted?

911 Calls Released For Missing Mother Jessica Heeringa

The call was from a man at the Exxon Mobile Gas station on E. Sternberg Road who said that there was no one inside the gas station at around 11:15 p.m. Friday night.

http://fox17online.com/2013/04/29/9...issing-mother-jessica-heeringa/#axzz2RtLJpTeb

Chief Shaw said that the time is narrowed down from between 10:50 p.m. (when the last sale took place) to 11:15 p.m. (when the 911 call came in).
The Chief added that the 911 caller has been cleared.

What about the 10:50 sale person? Who would that have been? Have they come forward to say, OMG I was the last person to see Jessica because I bought gas/something at 10:50 Friday night. Did I miss this info being reported or no mention so far?

Chief Shaw said that the time is narrowed down from between 10:50 p.m. (when the last sale took place) to 11:15 p.m. (when the 911 call came in).
The Chief added that the 911 caller has been cleared.

What about the 10:50 sale person? Who would that have been? Have they come forward to say, OMG I was the last person to see Jessica because I bought gas/something at 10:50 Friday night. Did I miss this info being reported or no mention so far?

There was an article yesterday stating that the customer who made the purchase at 10:50 pm was cleared. I don't have the link to the article off hand. It is unclear if the customer came forward or if they paid with credit and police contacted them.

Abandoning the vehicle is a very real possibility. It is extremely unusual to see any type of vehicle parked inside of any apartment complex without a license plate. I don't recall observing any other instances of a vehicle being parked without a license plate. The event becomes even more suspicious when the vehicle is located in close proximity to where a crime has been committed and also matches the description of a vehicle police are looking for.

Was it as clear as day? What are the odds it was missed Saturday and Sunday? Could it have been parked there all along? Does the lot clear out on Monday because more peeps leave for work? What do you think?

I have been lamenting all afternoon about posting the FB rumor. From reading further, the person in question is in his 50's and bears no resemblance to the description of the perp.

I agree all tips should be called in, but not be made public potentially ruining a persons life unless the source is LE.

I should know better by now.

They have video of the van!!

I couldn't get sound for the beginning of the Fox news update but did hear the part about some video surveillance from a nearby business. Was it somewhere at the strip mall across the street?

FOX 17 ‏@FOX17 3m
BREAKING NOW: Norton Shores Police just telling us that they have surveillance video of the suspect van in missing mom case.

Did anyone else watch the Fox live feed just now? Breaking news...police have video of the van from that night from another nearby business.

And I actually know the girl who set up the Find Jessica Heeringa FB page. I had no idea who was behind it.

I wonder if the van that was just phoned in as a tip, and the van in the video are the same one.

There was an article yesterday stating that the customer who made the purchase at 10:50 pm was cleared. I don't have the link to the article off hand. It is unclear if the customer came forward or if they paid with credit and police contacted them.

Oh good. It's possible I mixed that up. Unless the 911 caller is connected in some strange way, it doesn't make sense they'd be involved anyway.

Of course, LE would want to talk to the last customer who saw Jessica in the gas station.

I am wondering how long until Fox puts that tape up on their site because I'd like to listen to it again.

Was it as clear as day? What are the odds it was missed Saturday and Sunday? Could it have been parked there all along? Does the lot clear out on Monday because more peeps leave for work? What do you think?

It could have been parked there all along. I didn't drive through there until today. It is pulled in front first into the parking space, so the missing license plate is obvious. It does seem a little too good to be true, but you can't rule anything out. It is parked in the very back of the apartment complex. I'm not sure how much traffic there is because there are two ways out of the complex from the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez