MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a great find Margarita. You may be on to something here!

I see that the article had a description of the male suspect and also a picture of a full sized white window van from that incident last year.

The full size window van looks like a passenger cargo van to me.

The kind of van I'm thinking of is similar to a van that a business would use to transport crew members to a work site.

Hmmmm....thinking about this...transportation to a construction site? In earlier threads we discussed the van, how it would be odd for a male to have this van unless he had a family, was using it for work (traveling sales person, company vehicle, etc.), rental...

I wonder if all the rental agencies in Michigan have been notified by LE to pull their rental records...I know that's a lot of agencies...maybe all this can be easily found out through a national database search by the major rental companies, Budget, etc...

"...He was wearing an AZ Cardinals cap, so I googled the "Arizona Cardinals Orange" and there are some orange shirts available, but their main color is maroon..."

In these parts - Detroit and across Michigan - orange is likely related to Detroit Tigers apparel, or it's hunting season.

Linking the Tigers jersey would be like trying to link a Broncos jersey here----impossible. There a hundreds if not thousands of people on any given day wearing an orange jersey.

FWIW, here's a map showing some State Parks, heading North in order, straight off the freeway, up to 96 miles out:

http://goo.gl/maps/FXryq

Included in this list are:

Pere Marquette Park, Muskegon, MI
Medbery Park, Montague, Mi
Meinert Park, Montague, MI
Blue Lake County Park, Holton, MI
Silver Lake State Park, MI

am I the only person who noticed one of the people arrested in florida a couple days ago bears a striking resemblance to the sketch of jessicas abductor? his name is Robert Lee Howard, and he was arrested in the internet sting that 40 others were also arrested in.

brand new to this web sleuthing thing, but this case has really disturbed me. it does remind me of the Katie Poirer case, which I am reminded of frequently as I drive that stretch of I35 between the twin cities and Duluth, mn

am I the only person who noticed one of the people arrested in florida a couple days ago bears a striking resemblance to the sketch of jessicas abductor? his name is Robert Lee Howard, and he was arrested in the internet sting that 40 others were also arrested in.

Welcome to WS Ramona Corona and Guests!
:welcome:

Here's a link to the story you mentioned:
http://www.tampatrib.com/news/crime/polk-sting-targets-child-sex-predators-nets-41-arrests-20130617/

He does bear a resemblance (I'm assuming that's a photo of him in your avatar?)

His hair isn't parted down the middle though...(not that the sketch is 100% accurate, who knows...)

hi! yes, but imagine if his hair was parted down the middle! the article I read said this guy is an av tech. another man arrested is an av tech who was in florida attending some kind of conference. I tried to be a good web-sleuther and see if I could find any conferences seminars of an av variety in the Norton shores/Muskegon area around the time of her abduction. maybe this Robert could be placed in the area around that time. I didn't have any luck, and was hoping to pique the interest of some of you more experienced web-sleuthers! am I crazy? I think this guy looks a lot like the sketch

From www.nortonshores.org

"Norton Shores might best be described as a rural/suburban environment with a balance of industrial, commercial and residential development. A growing but controlled industrial park is attracting clean technological industries which, while adding to the employment opportunities of the community, does not detract from the city's beautiful suburban setting."

Early in the threads, (a local, MisterG I think?), kept mentioning the Industrial area close to the gas station...just bringing this up again.

Google "industrial norton shores"

Notice the street name.

don't know the details of what an av person does but thinking one very well could have been in the area temporarily, helping a new business get set up. or even an ongoing service provider for that area? could be why they get the feel the perp is familiar with the area.

<O/T, suddenly feeling really really frustrated and at a loss...I'm starting to wonder what good any of my sleuthing does...I have no access to anything, case file, employee records, vehicle registration information, car rental records, nothing. Jessica could be anywhere, it could be anyone, I understand the frustration LE must feel...so many lakes, parks, so many RSOs...so many attempted abductions and other crimes to sift through...even if I'm warm on anything, how can this be followed up...it all feels useless...unless there's some smoking gun to call into LE, my gazillion posts above feel useless...I'm afraid I'm virtually powerless in this situation...I just hope that if we're warm on anything, something, somewhere, triggers something or someone that can help lead to Jessica and the perp...

its obv time for me to call it a night.>

ya, I wish I had access to some of the LE technology. but I just saw that florida--where this Robert is from--has some orange jerseys--the gators. florida state university team. interesting

ya, I wish I had access to some of the LE technology. but I just saw that florida--where this Robert is from--has some orange jerseys--the gators. florida state university team. interesting

I started looking at av conferences, challenging search results bc when one googles "audio visual conference, michigan, meetings", etc., a bunch of facilities come up that work with av equipment for conferences and meetings, not particular conferences regarding that industry....

So many needles in so many haystacks and not a darn thing I can do about anything.

Sending loving and healing thoughts to Jessica's son.

As I've mentioned before, I do think this case can possibly be solved by linking another case. If so, hopefully it will be a past case and not a future one.

brand new to this web sleuthing thing, but this case has really disturbed me. it does remind me of the Katie Poirer case, which I am reminded of frequently as I drive that stretch of I35 between the twin cities and Duluth, mn

WELCOME! It's great to have some fresh insight on this case.

In early April there was an attempted robbery/abduction at a gas station in Greenfield, Indiana. The clerk/victim said that the abductor, Brandon Hendrickson, was a regular customer so she was familiar with him. She didn't know him by name though. He had a knife and forced her to open the cash register and told her he was taking her with him.

When she opened the cash register, she was able to hit the panic button. The police responded and found the guy in the parking lot holding a knife. The clerk suffered minor injuries.

If not for the panic button, what would the outcome have been?

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...knifepoint-during-attempted-robbery-abduction

Good Find!

Well...was Mr. Hendrickson incarcerated on 4/26? I looked up the distance between Norton Shores, MI and Greenfield, IN and they are approximately 275miles apart but in a nearly direct line!

This certainly sounds like what I imagined went down during Jessica's abduction. And, the Indiana perp even sorta resembles Jessica's abductor sketch. The Indiana perp may be 35 but he looks older as in the description of Jessica's abductor. True, one has no hair but is he naturally bald or just has a shaven head...hmm.

Maybe they're not related, but the two cases have very similar dynamics, imo!

Of course, it's a moot point if he was in fact incarcerated the night Jessica was abducted.

Or maybe a copycat perp got the idea to abduct a gas station clerk from reading about the Brandon Hendrickson attempted abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasadams106048