MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There could be a lot of reasons they're not giving info out. I read the article Managing Social Media Pages When A Loved One Is Missing on Lost N Missing. There are a lot of things I never thought of.

There are a lot of towns in MI that are broke. I wonder how much of what they're doing or not doing is because of money. Best suggestion I have for anyone local; go out & speak to her grand parents; give them the names of organizations that could come in & help.

I agree a search is needed. I have emailed Barbara Collins (deputy director} of TES in Texas. to see if she can talk with Chief Dan Shaw about making a search. TES will not come unless they have full approval and support of local LE. Good websleuthing!

I'm afraid that since TES got their equipment stolen, were embezzled, etc, its going to be a challenge for them to have the finances and resources to help with the search. Such a great non-profit organization which has been hard hit. Hope they can get back on their feet.

There could be a lot of reasons they're not giving info out. I read the article Managing Social Media Pages When A Loved One Is Missing on Lost N Missing. There are a lot of things I never thought of.

There are a lot of towns in MI that are broke. I wonder how much of what they're doing or not doing is because of money. Best suggestion I have for anyone local; go out & speak to her grand parents; give them the names of organizations that could come in & help.

Even if the relatively small community of Norton Shores is unable to continue to spend thousands of dollars to search for a missing young woman, there are other LE resources available to assist NSPD (Michigan State Police as well as federal LE agencies). After three months, I think that these agencies have likely explored just about every possibility for what happened to Jessica and probably feel that there is little more that they can do beyond investigating the limited tips that they continue to receive. :moo:

Chief Shaw at one time said that they had spent 20 thousand dollars on Jessica's case, and that it wasn't a financial issue. So, unless things have changed that now they don't have funds to cover her case, it wasn't that way awhile ago.
IMOO.

I just think they are out of leads, have no idea where to begin searching and are hoping for tips.

If they were hoping for tips, you would think they would keep the publicity going... but they arent. Maybe they are hoping it will just disappear...

I just think they are out of leads, have no idea where to begin searching and are hoping for tips.

One possibility is that could be a suspect but due to lack of evidence, they're not able to bring forth charges against a suspect.

Another possibility is that they may not be confident with the description of the suspect or vehicle involved and their investigation has hit a road block.

One possibility is that could be a suspect but due to lack of evidence, they're not able to bring forth charges against a suspect.

Another possibility is that they may not be confident with the description of the suspect or vehicle involved and their investigation has hit a road block.

In either case, asking the public for more leads could bring for evidence of some kind. Certainly keeping this quiet won't do it.

Unless they are thinking she did leave on her own, and letting things die down may let her contact her family etc? As long as it would be top news, she would be afraid to... of course that is the best case scenario...

Leaving on her own does not explain the blood, IMO.
I really don't know why the idea she left on her own is coming up, other than silence from LE, but we see silence from LE in these cases all the time, when they reach a dead end.

LE and MP cases do not mix, IMO. It is one type of crime they are not good at working. Instead of concentrating on finding the person, LE jumps into case-building mode and the momentum is lost very quickly. Not good, since if the person is not found, there probably won't be a case anyway.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/jessica_heeringa_reward_fund_g.html

May 3rd article.....
"The Norton Shores Police Department received the money Thursday, May 2, from the oil corporation, Shaw said. It will be delivered to Muskegon County Silent Observer, boosting the reward fund to more than $16,000."

With the Reward Fund to more than $16,000.00
I would think someone would come forward with information if they knew anything.
The thing is, in the article it mentions that this reward money is for information leading to RECOVERY of Jessica and CONVICTION of the people that are involved.
If Jessica is alive, maybe the people that do have info would like to have the reward money, but when it stipulates BOTH, maybe these people don't want there to be a conviction of the perp??, for whatever reasons if this is truly the case.
IMOO.

Leaving on her own does not explain the blood, IMO.
I really don't know why the idea she left on her own is coming up, other than silence from LE, but we see silence from LE in these cases all the time, when they reach a dead end.

LE and MP cases do not mix, IMO. It is one type of crime they are not good at working. Instead of concentrating on finding the person, LE jumps into case-building mode and the momentum is lost very quickly. Not good, since if the person is not found, there probably won't be a case anyway.

LE never shared information about how much blood was found at the scene, only that some was found and determined to belong to Jessica. There was never any indication that Jessica was seriously hurt. I tend to think that there wasn't enough blood to suspect immediate foul play.

Not only has there been no word from LE for some time, but there have not been any pleas to the abductor from Jessica's family and/or fiancé to allow their daughter/sister/fiancée/mother of a young son to come home to those who love her. :moo:

LE never shared information about how much blood was found at the scene, only that some was found and determined to belong to Jessica. There was never any indication that Jessica was seriously hurt. I tend to think that there wasn't enough blood to suspect immediate foul play. :moo:

That may be, but unless it was part of an act, I do not see why there should be blood at all.

Unless they are thinking she did leave on her own, and letting things die down may let her contact her family etc? As long as it would be top news, she would be afraid to... of course that is the best case scenario...

Maybe she would be liable for the $20,000.00 LE has spent on her case, so if she left on her own, that could be a reason to stay hidden, but at the expense of not seeing her child and family and fiance? So I don't know. She sure did miss some moments in time...Mother's Day, Father's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, her own birthday celebration with others, and all that time in-be-tween.....
If she stayed hidden on purpose, then that reason has to be GREATER than all of the days she missed being with her son, fiancé, and her own family and friends.
IMOO.

If NSPD was no longer confident in the sketch or vehicle description, I would hope they would share that with the community. If they have us continue to look for things/people they are not themselves looking for, I will personally raise he**. This, IMO, would be the height of irresponsibility. I am not kidding about how upset this would make me.

LE never shared information about how much blood was found at the scene, only that some was found and determined to belong to Jessica. There was never any indication that Jessica was seriously hurt. I tend to think that there wasn't enough blood to suspect immediate foul play.

Not only has there been no word from LE for some time, but there have not been any pleas to the abductor from Jessica's family and/or fiancé to allow their daughter/sister/fiancée/mother of a young son to come home to those who love her. :moo:

I read that it was a small amount of blood, and the size of the blood was about 1x1 inch as told by Jessica's grandmother. I haven't read that LE stated it was a particular size/amount.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/police-heeringas-blood-found-at-work

"Heeringa's grandma, Diane Homrich, said the family was hoping the blood would be from the suspect because that would provide more information on where Jessica is located. Homrich said since the substance was a small amount -- about one inch by one inch -- they hope this means Heeringa, 25, wasn't mortally wounded and may have fought back against the suspect."

I truly don't believe she left of her own accord. My biggest reason for thinking this is that why would she tell her partner she would be leaving early? If someone was disappearing, they would generally want a head start, or at the very least, stick to their usual habits.

By telling him she would be home earlier than usual, it gave her less of a window of opportunity to 'escape'. He would become worried much sooner than normal.

If I was to take off, I would probably be telling those I lived with that I had some errands to run, etc, so that I had more time before they started to worry.

Maybe she would be liable for the $20,000.00 LE has spent on her case, so if she left on her own, that could be a reason to stay hidden, but at the expense of not seeing her child and family and fiance? So I don't know. She sure did miss some moments in time...Mother's Day, Father's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, her own birthday celebration with others, and all that time in-be-tween.....
If she stayed hidden on purpose, then that reason has to be GREATER than all of the days she missed being with her son, fiancé, and her own family and friends.
IMOO.

Though I am virtually certain that she is not missing voluntarily, why would she be liable if she committed no crime? She's an adult and she can leave. She has no duty to report her status to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak