MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many Thanks BYO :} as I am still having problems brings things over..:blushing:

ww.13abc.com/story/23734430/body-discovered-in-frenchtown-twp-idd-as-missing-woman
The body above has been identified as Janet Lennen. It is not Jessica.:loveyou:

Besides the fact this latestbody is not Jessica , is the fact it was discovered by one of the 725,000 hunters in Michigan. The hunters are starting to find things!!!

ww.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/06/west_michigan_agencies_dealing.html
Here is one report of a body. There may be others . This person is not Jessic.:loveyou:

I am sorry for the loved ones of this found deceased pers.... :(

but I am relieved it is not Jessica... :eek:

Drove past Exxon yesterday around 6:30 pm. Not a car or customer in sight. Zero. Also saw nobody protesting or anything, but I have to believe his business has been hurt even without the protests.
You know, I don't think people in this town would have turned on him at all if he had just been more warm and fuzzy after Jessica disappeared. Although everyone is yelling about the lack of cameras until after that night, I feel like people would have felt comepletly different had the owner shown more public concern about Jessica, and had her fellow employees been more forthright with Jessica's family.
Even if it turns out that nobody at the Exxon had anything to do with Jessica's disappearance, everyone associated with the place is going to have an invisible guilty sign on their foreheads from now on, even if they are only guilty of being heartless people.

Well stated, my gut feel is the people they are accusing have nothing to do with it. The Find JH Facebook page has lost it's objective. I've checked out. Bunch of rookies running it. They have good intentions however it's turning in to a gossip mill.

In this post (#895) by Treelights, Jessica's sister and grandmothers are the current administrators of FJHFB:

Yes, Jessica's sister and grandmother, as per Administrator for the facebook page, see. Sept 17th post, and they replied on Sept. 18th under the Sept. 17th post on the FJH facebook page.

I agree with you about the gossip and rumors, but I'm particularly bothered by the accusatory nature of some of the comments on the site that appear to be prompted and encouraged by administrators.

Fb members are considering another day of prayer at the 6th month end of Jessicas abduction. This will fall on a Saturday.

While the FJH FB page makes entertaining reading, it is full of rumors and insinuations and threats against the people the posters believe to be responsible for her disappearance. Some of the people who post on there scare me, to be honest...
I am not sure what the people boycotting the Exxon station are hoping to accomplish tho. There are now cameras there ( too little too late.. but they are there) Except for punishing the owner for being a jerk, I am not sure their motive. Maybe to push the owner to fire the 'witness' ( I suspect the site is an off shoot of the FJH page- and she is a constant topic of conversation there...)

Drove past Exxon yesterday around 6:30 pm. Not a car or customer in sight. Zero. Also saw nobody protesting or anything, but I have to believe his business has been hurt even without the protests.
You know, I don't think people in this town would have turned on him at all if he had just been more warm and fuzzy after Jessica disappeared. Although everyone is yelling about the lack of cameras until after that night, I feel like people would have felt comepletly different had the owner shown more public concern about Jessica, and had her fellow employees been more forthright with Jessica's family.
Even if it turns out that nobody at the Exxon had anything to do with Jessica's disappearance, everyone associated with the place is going to have an invisible guilty sign on their foreheads from now on, even if they are only guilty of being heartless people.

Could the lack of traffic at the Exxon station be due to the end of the busy summer season along Michigan's west coast? Perhaps the business does better when there are more folks heading up north or to Lake Michigan campgrounds, state parks, tourist attractions, etc. during the summer months. Maybe hunting season generates increased traffic, so business might improve over the next month or so.

I doubt that a boycott would have much impact at this juncture. If a protest had been promoted immediately following Jessica's abduction, it might have had the desired impact. After six months, an organized boycott is unlikely to affect business at the Exxon station, but it might generate publicity about this as of yet unsolved case and keep Jessica's disappearance in the media. :moo:

This isn't new. Rosaline was missing and was found murdered in late May. The case was discussed on WS. It had nothing to do with Jessica Heeringa.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210626& highlight=rosaline+ransom
Thanks for the update the date on my computer was very tiny I didnt see it. I did see the large sunday and found by fishermen. So the fishermen are finding things also.:loveyou:

Could the lack of traffic at the Exxon station be due to the end of the busy summer season along Michigan's west coast? Perhaps the business does better when there are more folks heading up north or to Lake Michigan campgrounds, state parks, tourist attractions, etc. during the summer months. Maybe hunting season generates increased traffic, so business might improve over the next month or so.

I doubt that a boycott would have much impact at this juncture. If a protest had been promoted immediately following Jessica's abduction, it might have had the desired impact. After six months, an organized boycott is unlikely to affect business at the Exxon station, but it might generate publicity about this as of yet unsolved case and keep Jessica's disappearance in the media. :moo:

I don't remember that station ever being as busy as, say, a Meijer station. But it was 6:30 on a Friday night. Seems like there would be someone around. I went by tonight around the same time and there were 3 vehicles in the parking lot. One was off to the side, like an employee, and the other two were parked in front of the station. So whoever was there wasn't buying gas.

I really think they probably do the bulk of their business at shift change times because the location is perfect for factory workers either coming off the highway on the way in to work, or before jumping on the highway to head home after work. The bulk of the retail in that area is up over a hill, maybe a mile away. There is a Meijer gas station right there that is much more convenient for shoppers. Plus, Exxon has always been a few cents more expensive than Meijer.

I remember people calling for a boycott right after Jessica disappeared, but her family thought it would take the focus off of finding Jessica. At that time, the POI sketch and van footage was being released, so it made sense to keep the focus on that.

While the FJH FB page makes entertaining reading, it is full of rumors and insinuations and threats against the people the posters believe to be responsible for her disappearance. Some of the people who post on there scare me, to be honest...
I am not sure what the people boycotting the Exxon station are hoping to accomplish tho. There are now cameras there ( too little too late.. but they are there) Except for punishing the owner for being a jerk, I am not sure their motive. Maybe to push the owner to fire the 'witness' ( I suspect the site is an off shoot of the FJH page- and she is a constant topic of conversation there...)

The tone has changed considerably since her family took over the FB page.

Saturday October 26 will be the six month date of the abduction. It is only a few days away. The family is still considering if they want to have a day of prayer on this date. I have found no new reports from hunters or fishermen on 10,21,13 of discoveries on water or land.

The tone has changed considerably since her family took over the FB page.

I don't think they took it over; I think the original gal is still there but has become very involved with JH's family. The person that I see posting as the FJH page seems like the same person it's always been.

I see there is ref to a Help Find JH FB Page- this is NOT a page it is a FB group If you're really interested in following her case; the group is the place to go

Saw a post on Find JH FB about a May 8th video Suspicious men before Jessica abduction
Published on May 8, 2013

In the 12 days since Jessica Heeringa went missing from a Norton Shores gas station, investigators have reviewed several earlier complaints from workers at other gas stations.

(rsbm)

In the 12 days since Jessica Heeringa went missing from a Norton Shores gas station, investigators have reviewed several earlier complaints from workers at other gas stations.

If it were the case that LE was intentionally lead astray at the onset of the investigation, gas station rumors like this would've functioned as a rather convenient setup for the proposed kidnapping scenario.

I'm again reminded of the Lauren Giddings case in which the alleged perp may or may not have very strongly suggested a previously existing pattern of attempted break-ins/general safety concerns at Lauren's apartment. And certain details like the doorstop even had us in her thread seriously considering the possibility of a random perp/property crime angle.

All of this is mostly to say what a shame it's going to be if all that time looking for the silver van, all the scouring of old articles about attempted abductions, RSO vehicles etc, was for nothing.

Not trying to discredit LE's protocol or the sleuthing done here, since we can only work with the information that's given.

I bet the foliage is starting to look so beautiful in Michigan. I wish Jessica could be there, playing with her son in the leaves again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman