MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.
For some reason, I have no confidence in the van "sighting". Just a gut feeling and I may be completely wrong.

Me neither....just too darned common of a vehicle... even if one were in the general area... I bet I pass dozens every day... I still think it is a red herring...

Thank you.
For some reason, I have no confidence in the van "sighting". Just a gut feeling and I may be completely wrong.

I agree with you. I also have no confidence in the van sighting. Just noticed no one had replied to you when I checked, so I looked it up. :)

Come home, Jessica! :please:

October 5 at the strip mall will be a buffet dinner, auction, and a ride for Jessica Heeringa. Sign up 10 am ride at 11.

Just watched On the Case with Paula Zahn tv show where Katie Poirier abduction and murder was featured. I think this case is earily similar to JH. The killer abducted Katie from MN gas station late at night while working alone. The killer lived 2 hours away but had a trailer and land near the abduction site. I have a feeling a similar situation exists with JH. Hoping she might still be alive.

It was also mentioned the killer quit his job and changed his appearance after the abduction

Today searching in norton shores is over, tomorrow it will be raining, and the leaves keep falling from the trees. Soon we will find you Jessica.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/09/termination_of_norton_shores_p.html
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/06/longtime_norton_shores_detecti.html
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/norton_shores_police_departmen_4.html
This may or may not speak to the quality of the NSPD as a whole, but here is a little back story on Officer Nanna. My younger brother was in 5th grade at Mona Shore Public Schools when Officer Nanna was the DARE officer. The kids loved him. He was young, and he drove a really cool black car...I think it was a Mustang. This was during a period of my brother's life when he was suffering from really bad asthma and missing a lot of school. Officer Nanna came to the house to see my brother and we all thought that was great. He had recently gotten married, and seemed like a good guy.
Later that year, Officer Nanna and another NSPD officer were caught in a hot tub with 2 underage girls. And liquor. His wife divorced him. I, personally, lost all respect for him at that point, but he kept his job all this time. No idea why he was terminated now, and nobody is saying. IMO, however, it should have happened years ago. My brother is now 26 years old, so this would have happened approximately 15 years ago.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/09/termination_of_norton_shores_p.html
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/06/longtime_norton_shores_detecti.html
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/norton_shores_police_departmen_4.html
This may or may not speak to the quality of the NSPD as a whole, but here is a little back story on Officer Nanna. My younger brother was in 5th grade at Mona Shore Public Schools when Officer Nanna was the DARE officer. The kids loved him. He was young, and he drove a really cool black car...I think it was a Mustang. This was during a period of my brother's life when he was suffering from really bad asthma and missing a lot of school. Officer Nanna came to the house to see my brother and we all thought that was great. He had recently gotten married, and seemed like a good guy.
Later that year, Officer Nanna and another NSPD officer were caught in a hot tub with 2 underage girls. And liquor. His wife divorced him. I, personally, lost all respect for him at that point, but he kept his job all this time. No idea why he was terminated now, and nobody is saying. IMO, however, it should have happened years ago. My brother is now 26 years old, so this would have happened approximately 15 years ago.

Interesting...

I'm not implying that any NSPD employees are involved in Jessica's disappearance but these articles reminded me of a thought I had early on in this case regarding the eye witness's statement about a male driver in a minvan talking with Jessica while she was working outside the night she disappeared.

The witness stated that the male seemed to think Jessica should be inside the station rather than out by the pumps which made me wonder if an off-duty officer(s) routinely checked on the night shift female workers at the Exxon station (maybe on their way to or from work). It's quite possible that on-duty officers did so.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jessica-heeringa-video-minivan-sought-police-911-call/story?id=19073171#.UYWiVsPD-Ch

"Hey what are you doing over here? Aren't you supposed to be inside?"

All IMOO

I cant speak for NS, but I know many years ago when I worked at a convenience store, the Ypsilanti cops would routinely check by on me when I worked 2nd or 3rd shifts. ( they also came in and read the playboy magazines and drank the coffee but it was worth it to have people know they came by...) There are also going to be your regulars who will notice something is amiss... such as the man who called 911. I wonder tho if anyone tried to pump gas a bit earlier... did not get any response when they tried and just left in frustration rather than going in side and checking? ( if I were in a hurry I think my response would have been to just say To Hell With It! ... assuming the clerk was just busy doing something else, taking out trash... what ever... and not even going inside to check... I guess if someone HAD done so, they would have contacted the police after the news got out... Does anyone know if the clerk has to acitvate something if you pay at the pump, or if it just does it on its own with no human intervention?
So another thought on our witness... she sees a car cut the headlights and the back lights at the store are off.. and goes to see what is going on... ( I think we can all agree on that.. right?) She pulls up at the guitar store, and watches... and sees what she says she sees... including the perp driving right past her... but if she were there watching.. she must have turned her OWN lights off... or she would have been seen. So if she was curious or concerned.. why did she turn her own lights OFF??? Unless SHE did not want to be SEEN. If I were concerned and thought "lets go make sure things are OK.." my instinct would NOT be to turn off MY lights... To me that speaks to her being there on purpose to watch SOMETHING go down... 'so we will just hide back here and watch.."... she MUST have had her lights off or the perp would never ever have driven past a car with its lights on if he had just abducted someone...( but of course I think her whole account is bogus... but I wonder how she would explain that...)

I cant speak for NS, but I know many years ago when I worked at a convenience store, the Ypsilanti cops would routinely check by on me when I worked 2nd or 3rd shifts. ( they also came in and read the playboy magazines and drank the coffee but it was worth it to have people know they came by...) There are also going to be your regulars who will notice something is amiss... such as the man who called 911. I wonder tho if anyone tried to pump gas a bit earlier... did not get any response when they tried and just left in frustration rather than going in side and checking? ( if I were in a hurry I think my response would have been to just say To Hell With It! ... assuming the clerk was just busy doing something else, taking out trash... what ever... and not even going inside to check... I guess if someone HAD done so, they would have contacted the police after the news got out... Does anyone know if the clerk has to acitvate something if you pay at the pump, or if it just does it on its own with no human intervention?
So another thought on our witness... she sees a car cut the headlights and the back lights at the store are off.. and goes to see what is going on... ( I think we can all agree on that.. right?) She pulls up at the guitar store, and watches... and sees what she says she sees... including the perp driving right past her... but if she were there watching.. she must have turned her OWN lights off... or she would have been seen. So if she was curious or concerned.. why did she turn her own lights OFF??? Unless SHE did not want to be SEEN. If I were concerned and thought "lets go make sure things are OK.." my instinct would NOT be to turn off MY lights... To me that speaks to her being there on purpose to watch SOMETHING go down... 'so we will just hide back here and watch.."... she MUST have had her lights off or the perp would never ever have driven past a car with its lights on if he had just abducted someone...( but of course I think her whole account is bogus... but I wonder how she would explain that...)
I hear what you are saying however the witness could have seen something peculiar first then decided to turn out lights to not be seen as she was suspicious.

I'm not sure I've heard the entire story yet on why was the eyewitness even in the area? Why in that exact location? Why was she even paying attention to the gas station? Did she see the perp take JH out the back door? She would have to if she saw the van pull up then saw it drive by her?

This is probably not Jessica, but just in case:

GEORGETOWN TOWNSHIP, MI — A hunter stumbled upon human remains here Sunday afternoon, in a heavily wooded area near a subdivision, police said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/09/human_remains_found_by_hunter_1.html

Body Identified As Missing Jenison Woman Gail Masselink

http://fox17online.com/2013/09/11/body-identified-as-missing-jenison-woman-gail-masselink/#axzz2eb01wOMP

Folks on Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook are talking about fundraisers helping to pay for private investigator(s) working on the case. I specifically recall that a local TV station hired a PI to investigate, but I don't recall having heard that the family hired their own PI(s), as well. Is there a media link with this information? If it's M-Live I might not have seen it; same with Fox links.

Thanks.

Folks on Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook are talking about fundraisers helping to pay for private investigator(s) working on the case. I specifically recall that a local TV station hired a PI to investigate, but I don't recall having heard that the family hired their own PI(s), as well. Is there a media link with this information? If it's M-Live I might not have seen it; same with Fox links.

Thanks.

I don't recall either, and I was looking for info on the internet, and so far no luck about if the family hired a private investigator.

IMOO.

:seeya::seeya:
I don't recall either, and I was looking for info on the internet, and so far no luck about if the family hired a private investigator.

IMOO.
I had read on facebook 2 pi were looking for Jessica on their own. Without pay.:ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo:

I had read on facebook 2 pi were looking for Jessica on their own. Without pay.

Are you referring to the official Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook? If so, in a recent tete-a-tete about how fundraiser money is being used, there is specific mention of private investigators:

This event is to raise awareness and to get Jessicas story shared again nation wide. The money is being used to aid in the investigation, for private detectives...

I haven't heard/read about PIs donating services. One of the local TV stations also "hired" a private investigator to work the case which suggests that said individual(s) are being compensated for their efforts. :moo:

Are you referring to the official Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook? If so, in a recent tete-a-tete about how fundraiser money is being used, there is specific mention of private investigators:

This event is to raise awareness and to get Jessicas story shared again nation wide. The money is being used to aid in the investigation, for private detectives...

I haven't heard/read about PIs donating services. One of the local TV stations also "hired" a private investigator to work the case which suggests that said individual(s) are being compensated for their efforts. :moo:
I assumed they were working for the reward money. It did not go into detail about the matter.:banghead:

Its friday in Norton Shores. It will be cloudy with a little rain. The leaves are continuing to fall. Two PI have been employed by FB to find Jessica good luck to them. There are over 4000 people missing in Michigan the hunters and other sportsmen will have to help out if we are to find Jessica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member