MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was not her usual shift was it?
Was she working for someone?

Hard to believe it is getting near a year already. I truly thought they would have some idea by now... I see in the MLive article that was linked by NurseBeMe that they say the 'witness' never saw Jessica... but I swear they said that she 'saw' Jessica walk out with the guy in the 'van' just like.. no big deal... but did not see her abducted... now it says she never saw Jessica at all.. JUST the van. AM I confused?

Hard to believe it is getting near a year already. I truly thought they would have some idea by now... I see in the MLive article that was linked by NurseBeMe that they say the 'witness' never saw Jessica... but I swear they said that she 'saw' Jessica walk out with the guy in the 'van' just like.. no big deal... but did not see her abducted... now it says she never saw Jessica at all.. JUST the van. AM I confused?

You are Correct.
Here is the link.......

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michigan-mother-disappears-late-night-shift-gas-station/story?id=19061637

"Shelly Heeringa said someone saw her daughter "walk out of the store with this guy like there was no problem," but when they got to his van, a struggle ensued."

Question?
If she was not usually working this shift or this night who was?

Is it possible the perp was expecting this other employee for whatever reason and
encountered Jessica.

Thanks for all your updates and links. A new article has appeared in the Daily Mail website today.

"Jessica Heeringa, who was 25 years old at the time, went missing on April 26, 2013. She was allegedly abducted while working as a clerk at an Exxon gas station in Norton Shores, Michigan, around 11pm, according to mlive.com.
Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw told the website no one has yet come forward saying they witnessed an abduction. A suspicious vehicle, however, was described by one witness."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-Heeringa-11-months-later.html#ixzz2x09x5MIY

Today marks eleven months since Jessica went missing. Nearly a year since the young mother was abducted from the Norton Shores gas station where she worked to support herself and her young son. Thoughts and prayers for Jessica's family and all who love and miss her. :rose:

From the Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook page

ATTENTION: The Nancy Grace Show is doing an update on Jessica's case. Grandma Diane was asked to speak. However, she is very disappointed that she was not able to talk about Jessica. However, we are happy that this will keep Jessica's abduction front and center nationally. Thank you, Nancy Grace!
posted today, 3/26/2014

I just saw a great post by Snoods (it's no. #1101) on the Kelly Dwyer case. She posted a map of POI home to where a female body was found. I noticed on the water it says "Milwaukee-Muskegon". Does that mean there is some sort of bridge, or other way to cross the water right there? And if there is a boat or something (no idea how far the distance is) is there any chance - or risk - that the female found there might be Jessica?

Pretty far out theory, but just thought maybe.. you never know. From what I understand the body was dumped there and could not have been floating in the water, so the perp would have to transport her there by car or something.

This is the link to google maps, posted by Snoods in Kelly Dwyers thread (thank you for that!):

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...95,-87.940063&spn=1.01538,1.793518&dg=feature

Hope it works...

^ There is no bridge across Lake Michigan that is 100+ miles wide in some locations. Ferry service is provided from some west Michigan cities across Lake Michigan to Illinois/Wisconsin. The trip takes about 2-2 1/2 hours.

^ There is no bridge across Lake Michigan that is 100+ miles wide in some locations.

Thank you!

So I would guess it is highly unlikely someone would try to cross over there with a body. I just reviewed what we (don't) know about Jessica earlier and when I read the Dwyer thread and saw the line almost directly between the location of the body and the area from where Jessica disapperead, I suppose I got a little carried away!

Thank you!

So I would guess it is highly unlikely someone would try to cross over there with a body. I just reviewed what we (don't) know about Jessica earlier and when I read the Dwyer thread and saw the line almost directly between the location of the body and the area from where Jessica disapperead, I suppose I got a little carried away!

I added that there are ferry services across Lake Michigan to points in Illinois and Wisconsin, but I doubt that someone would be able to take a body across the lake on a ferry :eek:

I added that there are ferry services across Lake Michigan to points in Illinois and Wisconsin, but I doubt that someone would be able to take a body across the lake on a ferry :eek:

That would be pretty risky! And then again maybe if the ferry takes cars on board...? I guess it could happen. Abducting someone from a gas station is also pretty risky.

But the person could also - in theory - just drive south of Lake Michigan and "drop" Jessica off on the other side of the lake. But the drive is really long, but then again Jessica could be far away from Norton Shores.

I just really want her to be found!

That would be pretty risky! And then again maybe if the ferry takes cars on board...? I guess it could happen. Abducting someone from a gas station is also pretty risky.

But the person could also - in theory - just drive south of Lake Michigan and "drop" Jessica off on the other side of the lake. But the drive is really long, but then again Jessica could be far away from Norton Shores.

I just really want her to be found!

Some ferry services are strictly for passengers while others provide vehicle transport. I'm not sure that there is car ferry service from Muskegon; I know it's available from Ludington.

Some ferry services are strictly for passengers while others provide vehicle transport. I'm not sure that there is car ferry service from Muskegon; I know it's available from Ludington.

Thank you for all of the information!
It looks like you can bring a car from Muskegon to Milwaukee. But it doesn't seem like it's possible to do later than 4:45 pm so at least the person would have to wait after the abduction. That's probably an unlikely scenario. I don't know their departure dates in 2013 but I guess it was pretty much the same.

I just got an email alert about a TV news special at 6pm tonight 45 minutes from this post. I thought I would alert any locals who can watch.

NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WOOD) — Nearly a year after Jessica Heeringa disappeared — apparently abducted from a Norton Shores gas station — the mystery isn’t any closer to being solved.

But Target 8 is exposing a new twist in the case — a surprising connection between a key witness and a man still listed as a person of interest.

Don’t miss the report by Target 8 Investigator Ken Kolker — tonight on 24 Hour News 8 at 6.

http://woodtv.com/2014/04/02/target-8-a-new-twist-revealed/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member