MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, I also worked retail, and one retail job lasted 17 years for me, and NO, we were not allowed to count the money early before closing. We also had to run the z tape. We did add up the checks and staple the adding machine tape of totals to the top check and the same with the credit card receipts adding a total to that as well, but as for the money, no, the money was counted in the office After we closed, and a set amount was left in the register till After the store closed, for the next morning.
As with retail jobs, evidently, people run things differently. As seen on this thread that it is quite diverse.
IMOO.

And considering the store where Jessica worked had no cameras I bet it was okay for them to start closing early.
Sounds to me as long as the money added up no one would care.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

And considering the store where Jessica worked had no cameras I bet it was okay for them to start closing early.
Sounds to me as long as the money added up no one would care.

There were no cameras where I worked either, but what one business tolerates, another one might not, or maybe employees did it the way they wanted to do it, who knows.
IMOO.

There were no cameras where I worked either, but what one business tolerates, another one might not, or maybe employees did it the way they wanted to do it, who knows.
IMOO.

Yeah idk...I guess I'm just assuming how she may have closed.
Or she maybe could of been counting down her till when someone says hey Jess can I talk to you in back for a min....idk

The thing is, I also worked retail, and one retail job lasted 17 years for me, and NO, we were not allowed to count the money early before closing. We also had to run the z tape. We did add up the checks and staple the adding machine tape of totals to the top check and the same with the credit card receipts adding a total to that as well, but as for the money, no, the money was counted in the office After we closed, and a set amount was left in the register till After the store closed, for the next morning. And no, I did not get paid for the time after we closed. It was a Mom and Pop business, and it didn't take too long after close to get it done.
As with retail jobs, evidently, people run things differently. As seen on this thread that it is quite diverse.
IMOO.

It depends on the store, I guess. However, it is very possible that Jessica was getting things sorted in advance of closing. Even if she wasn't strictly supposed to do this, she was on her own and there were no cameras, so who would know?

It was late at night and she had a small child who would probably be getting her up early in the mornings. She was probably keen to be home as soon as she possibly could after her shifts.

Its probably not relevant, but my retail work was for national chains in the UK, and it was more or less standard practice to do as much as possible before closing to allow us to get away quickly after closing.

It depends on the store, I guess. However, it is very possible that Jessica was getting things sorted in advance of closing. Even of she wasn't strictly supposed to do this, she was on her own and there were no cameras, so who would know?

It was late at night and she had a small child who would probably be getting her up early in the mornings. She was probably keen to be home as soon as she possibly could after her shifts.

Its probably not relevant, but my retail work was for national chains in the UK, and it was more or less standard practice to do as much as possible before closing to allow us to get away quickly after closing.

I understand that, getting as much done as possible before close, but that being said, different businesses operate differently.
The same was said for another job I had in retail, it was the same requirements as the 17 year job I had, so maybe the places I worked had stricter rules that I adhered to. It didn't mean that other things like cleaning, trash detail, etc, could not be done in advance. For my situation, it meant that closing out the register or counting the money a half hour in advance was not adhering by the rules that was required by the businesses I worked at.
It is obvious, to me, by the posts on the thread that different businesses have different rules, or employees did what they deemed necessary for themselves to get out early, whether it be within the rules or not, that is all I am saying.
What you did in the UK is vastly different than my job requirements, and who is to say what the exact rules were that Jessica had, or adhered to.
IMOO.

Yeah idk...I guess I'm just assuming how she may have closed.
Or she maybe could of been counting down her till when someone says hey Jess can I talk to you in back for a min....idk

First off you don't sit and count money unless your doors are
Second I don't think she kept cash in her drawer
This isn't retail it's a gas station .
Many time u see posted attendant has only 20$ on hand
Afaik they do not sit with cash in the register no cameras
And one girl working a night shift. No way!

First off you don't sit and count money unless your doors are
Second I don't think she kept cash in her drawer
This isn't retail it's a gas station .
Many time u see posted attendant has only 20$ on hand
Afaik they do not sit with cash in the register no cameras
And one girl working a night shift. No way!
Your not suposta count money with doors unlocked but many MANY of people do. Even in bars. And if you read my other post you would see that they have drop. When your reach an amount you have to make a drop. And so yes she would have money in her till. And she would have to count money to make a drop threw out her shift. Also they did have one girl working with no camera. That's nuts within its self but its what happen.

Your not suposta count money with doors unlocked but many MANY of people do. Even in bars. And if you read my other post you would see that they have drop. When your reach an amount you have to make a drop. And so yes she would have money in her till. And she would have to count money to make a drop threw out her shift. Also they did have one girl working with no camera. That's nuts within its self but its what happen.

I wonder if this varies...I've managed restaurant locations that take in several thousand dollars on any given night...
And I pulled the drawer, as we termed it, behind the counter but in front of the employee who had been utilizing the cash drawer.
We didn't drop at a certain amount, but then again, unlike a gas station, sales were more reactionary to weather etc. Being a restaurant...

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Further, this is a small, apparently privately owned location without cameras.

Perhaps the focus upon cash and safety wasn't that flawless. I wouldn't be shocked to learn she counted the cash with the door unlocked. Wasn't it stated that there was just a couple hundred in cash in her drawer?

Further, this is a small, apparently privately owned location without cameras.

Perhaps the focus upon cash and safety wasn't that flawless. I wouldn't be shocked to learn she counted the cash with the door unlocked. Wasn't it stated that there was just a couple hundred in cash in her drawer?

Wasn't it stated the cash drawer was on the counter!
No money was missing but that does not mean there was money in the cash drawer it was maybe empty, and money was dropped!

She had 400 in her purse!

Money had nothing to do with it!
we don't even really know who was there in that station,

I would love to know who usually worked nights and if they always worked alone or it was just this night.

How man male employees are there?
What if the guys usually worked the night shift alone.
was someone else supposed to be there with her?
Did they switch without the owners knowing ?

I would love to know who usually worked nights and if they always worked alone or it was just this night.

How man male employees are there?
What if the guys usually worked the night shift alone.
was someone else supposed to be there with her?
Did they switch without the owners knowing ?

All really good questions I've also wanted to know. I have some answers but we can't talk about it on here unless LE names them poi or at least that's my understanding.

For whatever reason Jessica had the drawer out...unless something urgently got her attention, I would have thought she would have put the drawer back in...what could have happened that would not also have caused some sort of tussle there, some sign of a struggle....unless someone she knew...and had no fear of...came in, where she would feel safe stepping away from the register...

Maybe it wasn't Jessica who took the drawer out. She had been cleaning. Would she have been doing 2 tasks at once? I can see her cleaning early to get it out of the way, since it's a bigger job.

Maybe Jessica's last "customer" was someone she was familiar with and someone who is familiar with the station. Jessica may have had the back door open while she cleaned the floors so they would air-dry quicker. She may have seen the van or the other car (maybe both) drive up in back and went to the door to check them out.

After she was in the van, another vehicle may have pulled up to pumps. One of the kidnappers, perhaps, waited around to do the transaction so the customer wouldn't notice anything suspicious.

After completing the transaction, kidnapper may have taken out cash drawer and set it on counter along with Jessica's purse. Was it to make it look like Jessica disappeared during an attempted robbery? Or just to add another layer of mystery to hinder the investigation?

I think it's likely there were at least 2 kidnappers -- one stayed in van and other went inside station. MOO

Was the unidentified car CH noted at the station still there when LE arrived? Also, are we certain the cell phone left on the counter belonged to Jessica?

All Jessica's friends of the past two years need to be reinterviewed and tested for the truth. One of them will tell all.

Yea, like I said before, it takes more effort for more than one person to keep a secret. And keep story straight. It's really not fair to Jessica's family that they have to go this long without knowing what happened to her. I mean, we Know she didn't leave willingly, she didn't fake it, she's not out for attention or trying to start over somewhere else. What kind of monster takes a mother from her baby and vice versa? How could they sleep or live with themselves? Does their pride and freedom mean more than Someone's life? I wish they'd just come forward and tell what they know. At least they'd be able to get it off their chest, be responsible and show that they're human. Even after that; there's room or forgiveness. Jessica deserves at least that and her family needs to know where she is. Protecting people and looking over their shoulder must be tiring. Hopefully, if they tell the truth instead of cops figuring it out themselves, they'll get a bit more understanding. And "knowing or witnessing something" isn't a crime. But its more serious if they know and don't tell. JMHO

I was researching a different missing person case about a young lady that disappeared from a service station (allegedly voluntarily) and thought I might link it here because it too involved a silver van.

'. . . The video surveillance from the Power Mart 76 gas station reportedly shows Ramirez talking to a man and then she walks to the passenger side of his car and gets inside. The vehicle, a silver van, then drives off. . . .'
http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_25533387/orland-police-searching-19-year-old-reported-missing

I've seen a bunch of "talk" flying around the internet about sex trafficking in the area. Some reports proved to be "rumor". One case was in Grand Rapids back in 2011, but they caught the abductor and busted up the ring. Just checking all possible scenarios. MOO
IMHO, I think Jessica wasn't the one who operated the cash register last. I believe whomever was in there with her was the one to pull out the cash drawer and make the last transaction. I know reports state that some of the last customers saw "a blonde girl" behind the register..
I think it's also a possibility that there's more than one blonde that worked at the station. My own theory of course, as always MOO

I've seen a bunch of "talk" flying around the internet about sex trafficking in the area. Some reports proved to be "rumor". One case was in Grand Rapids back in 2011, but they caught the abductor and busted up the ring. Just checking all possible scenarios. MOO
IMHO, I think Jessica wasn't the one who operated the cash register last. I believe whomever was in there with her was the one to pull out the cash drawer and make the last transaction. I know reports state that some of the last customers saw "a blonde girl" behind the register..
I think it's also a possibility that there's more than one blonde that worked at the station. My own theory of course, as always MOO

I wonder if Jessica thought she was being robbed, so automatically got the cash drawer out - to say "here, take the money, I'm not going to put up a fight"... but sadly, it wasn't the money he/they were after that night.

I used to work at a bank and we were told to keep our cash safe locked and unlock it during each transaction, so that if someone held us up, we wouldn't be able to access the money. The cash safe was under our desk, so couldn't be seen.

I can tell you that I took no notice of that rule - my cash safe was kept unlocked and slightly open, because if someone aimed a gun at me, I wasn't going to risk my life for the sake of a few thousand £'s of the bank's money! I had that money at hand, ready to hand over at the first sight of a robber!

I can believe that the rules wouldn't be followed if someone worked on their own, whether for easy of packing up early, or for personal safety.

I wonder if Jessica thought she was being robbed, so automatically got the cash drawer out - to say "here, take the money, I'm not going to put up a fight"... but sadly, it wasn't the money he/they were after that night.

I used to work at a bank and we were told to keep our cash safe locked and unlock it during each transaction, so that if someone held us up, we wouldn't be able to access the money. The cash safe was under our desk, so couldn't be seen.

I can tell you that I took no notice of that rule - my cash safe was kept unlocked and slightly open, because if someone aimed a gun at me, I wasn't going to risk my life for the sake of a few thousand £'s of the bank's money! I had that money at hand, ready to hand over at the first sight of a robber!

I can believe that the rules wouldn't be followed if someone worked on their own, whether for easy of packing up early, or for personal safety.

Good point, and possibility.
The "thought process" behind my idea was:
What if they realized at some point they'd touched the cash drawer (ie:transaction/make change) and thought that LE was going to dust for prints. Then it would seem plausible that the accessory/abductor would wipe the cash drawer clean of prints (or as clean as they could), so that they would avoid being questioned. Leaving the cash drawer out would also avoid leaving prints upon putting it back.
I'm still kinda kicking it around in my head that LE is onto something when they say "she likely knew her abductor."

But also I think its a strong possibility that someone who didn't like her could have sold her out to some trafficking ring they were a part of..
and that could be where your scenario fits in too..

Only time will tell. I hope that whomever did this, knows that the dots are starting to connect..and it wont be too long until someone points them out. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member