MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man investigated for Jessica Heeringa case now charged with another woman's murder

Jeffrey Willis charged in Rebekah Bletsch's shooting death

By Dave Bartkowiak Jr. - Digital Managing Editor

Posted: 11:11 AM, May 25, 2016
Updated: 11:38 AM, May 25, 2016

A western Michigan man accused of abducting a 16-year-old girl last month has been charged with murder in the shooting death of a 36-year-old woman in 2014.

The Muskegon County prosecutor's office announced the charge Wednesday against 46-year-old Jeffrey Willis, of Muskegon Township, in the death of Rebekah Bletsch.

Authorities also said Willis is being investigated in the 2013 disappearance of then-25-year-old Jessica Heeringa...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...a-case-now-charged-with-another-womans-murder

I've seen conflicting reports that JW's van is the same make and model as the van seen leaving Exxon. Do we have a definitive opinion yet?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

'A kidnapping suspect is now facing open murder charges in connection to the 2014 unsolved killing of jogger Rebekah Bletsch.

The Muskegon County Prosecutor filed the charges Monday morning against Jeffrey Willis, who was arrested last week for attempting to abduct a 16-year-old girl in April.

Jeffrey Willis is now charged with one count of open murder and one count of felony firearms in connection to the June 2014 shooting death of Bletsch. Police said the 36-year-old mother was out jogging less than a mile from her home in rural Dalton Township when she was shot and left for dead. She had been shot in the head, none of her belongings were taken."

http://fox17online.com/2016/05/25/bletsch-willis/

Wow! Step by careful step! They are going to nab this guy!!!

I am SO very glad that the attempted abduction was only attempted and that she was able to get away!!!

I've seen conflicting reports that JW's van is the same make and model as the van seen leaving Exxon. Do we have a definitive opinion yet?

I believe the witness said it was a Town And Country. But he could have been mistaken. It could very well have been Willis's Grand Caravan. They look pretty much the same, and you can't tell by looking at the scratchy videos ether. The only difference I see is in the October 2013 Google photo of Willis's driveway, his van seems to have some black trim that I don't see in the business videos of the suspect van. But who knows, maybe Willis put that trim on after abducting JH.

I thought I heard the police asked Chrysler to identify the van leaving Exxon seen on surveillance camera and they said it was a T & C?

I don't see how anyone could tell by those videos. It probably wouldn't help the investigation if everyone was focused on finding a T&C if indeed they should have searching for a GC. I think Willis thought he got away with JH's abduction, and it just made him more braisen to commit more crimes.

I'm not surprised at all to learn he is responsible for the jogger shooting. Also the bruises found on the woman's wrist/ankles/back just shows that Willis was trying to force her in to his Grand Caravan.

I don't see how anyone could tell by those videos. It probably wouldn't help the investigation if everyone was focused on finding a T&C if indeed they should have searching for a GC. I think Willis thought he got away with JH's abduction, and it just made him more braisen to commit more crimes.

I'm not surprised at all to learn he is responsible for the jogger shooting. Also the bruises found on the woman's wrist/ankles/back just shows that Willis was trying to force her in to his Grand Caravan.

Actually, the video does show conclusively that Willis' van is NOT the van on tape leaving the Exxon. That's if the info thus far made public is to be taken at face value. The 2013 streetview image of his house shows that the silver van parked in his driveway definitely has a black stripe on the right side, and the van caught on the Coin Zone surveillance tape definitely does not.

Here they are side-by-side:
Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 2.19.44 PM.png

As much as common sense and the hope of solving Jessica's disappearance might invite us to think so, they just aren't the same vehicle.

But again, I wouldn't say that necessarily means that he isn't responsible. It's possible that he purchased a new silver van shortly before or after the abduction. It's possible that due to some human error the van on the Coin Zone video isn't the same silver van that was seen earlier at the Exxon. It's possible that the van parked outside his house in the Google picture doesn't belong to him.

Actually, the video does show conclusively that Willis' van is NOT the van on tape leaving the Exxon. That's if the info thus far made public is to be taken at face value. The 2013 streetview image of his house shows that the silver van parked in his driveway definitely has a black stripe on the right side, and the van caught on the Coin Zone surveillance tape definitely does not.

View attachment 95334

As much as common sense and the hope of solving Jessica's disappearance might invite us to think so, they just aren't the same vehicle.

But again, I wouldn't say that necessarily means that he isn't responsible. It's possible that he purchased a new silver van shortly before or after the abduction. It's possible that due to some human error the van on the Coin Zone video isn't the same silver van that was seen earlier at the Exxon. It's possible that the van parked outside his house in the Google picture doesn't belong to him.
This clears it up for me. Like you say it doesn't mean he isn't responsible. He probably sold the other van.

View attachment 95334

Keep in mind that there are two videos that show a van. Somebody upthread convinced me that they are actually 2 different vans in the 2 videos. The one in the still from the surveillance from the quoted post above, I would agree is not a Dodge Grand Caravan.

Check out this still from the other video:
http://s14.photobucket.com/user/klaasend/media/Herringa_zpsf91d9d17.jpg.html

I see the black stripe that a DGC has. The vans seen in the 2 surveillance videos are not the same vans IMO. Anybody else agree?

View attachment 95334

The photo on the right was taken in April. The one on the left was taken in Octorber which gave him plenty of time to put that black trim on his van.

Just watched the video from court. Dude has a creepy glaze in his eyes. He's disturbed.

https://mcd911.net/p2c/InmateDetail.aspx?navid=635997911930714318

HOME | EVENT SEARCH | INMATE INQUIRY |
Inmate Detail
Name:
WILLIS, JEFFREY THOMAS

Race / Sex: WHITE / MALE
Arrest Date: 5/17/2016
Release Date:
Next Court Date: 5/26/2016

Charge Status Docket # Bond Amount
MURDER: WILLFUL KILLING - NON-FAMILY - GUN PRE ARRAIGNMENT 16-177599-FY NO BOND