MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/05/jeffrey_willis_a_person_of_int.html
Willis works at, though currently is on leave from, Herman Miller, located just off of U.S. 31 south of the gas station. He lives near the corner of South Sheridan Road and Laketon Avenue in Muskegon Township. Police also searched the abandoned home of his late grandfather on Bailey Street east of Getty Street in Norton Shores. Willis had been seen there frequently, according to police.

Willis was fired from a previous job at an elementary school in 1999 for accessing a website with adult content from one of the school's computers, the Muskegon Chronicle reported.

This caused a student to be exposed to the contents of the website, according to his termination letter, obtained by the newspaper through a Freedom of Information Act request.

Willis, who worked as a probationary custodian that school year, didn't try to explain or defend himself, the letter states, and didn't seem surprised or upset.

Law enforcement officials also revealed that they have been called to Willis home three times for domestic incidents and twice for animal complaints in the last seven years.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-help-solve-two-cold-cases.html#ixzz49oQsbiUE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And more:
https://books.google.com/books?id=g...DL4Q6AEILzAE#v=onepage&q=grand rapids&f=false

It appears they are all unsolved to this day.

ETA: I find it interesting that the first murder by the unconfirmed Grand Rapids serial killer dumped her body 40 miles to the northwest of Grand Rapids in Muskegon County.

Do we have any information about where Willis lived or what he did for a job from the time he graduated HS in 1988 to the time he was working at a school in 1998? I think we should try to sleuth him for this time period.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/05/who_is_jeffrey_willis_what_we.html

Article gives a lot of background. Graduated HS 1988. Muskegon community college 1988-1990. 1992 paternity case involving daughter (doesn't say where). 1995-1998 janitor north Muskegon public schools. 1999 fired from Fruitport public schools. Then worked at Herman Miller 18 years. Looks like he stayed in the area.

Homemade child *advertiser censored* charges add to case against Jeffrey Willis

http://woodtv.com/2016/05/26/homema...*-charges-add-to-case-against-jeffrey-willis/

Jeffrey Willis may very well be the person who kidnapped Jessica. But we must remember something: In a five mile radius of that gas station, I'm sure there are SEVERAL sexual predators. The police have just happened to catch this guy, this time. I personally am still not convinced he had anything to do with Jessica's disappearance. Granted, it makes sense. But unless Jessica's body is found, gonna be tough to pin it on him.

Jeffrey Willis may very well be the person who kidnapped Jessica. But we must remember something: In a five mile radius of that gas station, I'm sure there are SEVERAL sexual predators. The police have just happened to catch this guy, this time. I personally am still not convinced he had anything to do with Jessica's disappearance. Granted, it makes sense. But unless Jessica's body is found, gonna be tough to pin it on him.
I think 100% differently. I think he's the guy. The sketch is eerily similar, more so than any other suspect.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

If they have found photos, video or clothing of Jessica's in his grandfather's house or van then it will be pretty easy to build a case against him without her body on some charges. The police have already stated they have found evidence to link him to this case what that is we do not know yet. The investigators said this for a reason.

If they have found photos, video or clothing of Jessica's in his grandfather's house or van then it will be pretty easy to build a case against him without her body on some charges. The police have already stated they have found evidence to link him to this case what that is we do not know yet. The investigators said this for a reason.

Welcome back! Greg is correct, they found something to tie him to Jess, we just don't know what it is. I will be shocked if he's not our guy.

See here - Teen's daring escape may help solve 2 cold cases - Elisha Anderson and Tresa Baldas, Detroit Free Press 11:11 a.m. EDT May 22, 2016

Willis hasn’t talked to authorities since he was taken into custody, and his home, van and another property, once owned by his grandfather on Bailey Street in Norton Shores, were searched for evidence.

Muskegon County Undersheriff Daniel Stout said the evidence seized makes Willis a suspect in Heeringa’s disappearance and Bletsch’s homicide, but he would not reveal specifically what investigators found that led them to that conclusion.

“The weapon is a similar model that would have shot the bullets in the Bletsch case,” Stout said. “Similar … but similar is a big word.”

Hundreds of items, including computers, multiple phones, clothes and documents, are being analyzed along with evidence recovered from the van, including the pistol.

Investigators say they found locked boxes when they searched Willis' 2006 silver Dodge Grand Caravan. Officials said one had handcuffs, chains, rope, five syringes — including one with liquid, possibly a sedative — photographs of females chained and bound, a mask and rubber gloves and another had a gun with the serial number destroyed.

http://woodtv.com/2016/05/27/muskegon-co-sheriff-explains-status-of-bletsch-reward-money/

......Following Bletsch’s murder, authorities announced a $10,000 reward leading to an arrest and conviction in the case.
24 Hour News 8 asked Muskegon County Sheriff Dean Roesler if that means the teen should get the reward money. But he says at this point it could compromise her testimony in court if she is asked to take the stand during Willis’ trial.......

One thing to remember about tying Willis to Jessica's case is the gas station. He was a regular and knew who Jessica was because he stopped at the gas station. It was on his way home and to work. This is a statement according to the co-worker.

Wow. So he kept tabs on all the women that lived in his neighborhood who he wanted to kill?

Seems like if Willis frequented that gas station he would have realized there were no cameras inside or outside. He probably planned Jessica's abduction and a long time.

1996 Angela's Disappearance

"At the time, police were looking for a serial killer who they believed had murdered at least 10 young women in the Grand Rapids area, but investigators in Muskegon determined Angela’s death was not related."

I like the fact they are turning over every rock looking at possible connections to this . I have reviewed the last 2 pages since I came back to this thread and cannot locate a link to a press conference or media article directly quoting the under Sheriff statement saying they have found evidence that links him to Jessica's disappearance. If I have overlooked it, please call me out and provide a link. I am praying this family gets some closure and this guy goes away for good.

http://westmipolitics.blogspot.com/2016/05/wow-psychic-sketch-of-heeringa-abductor.html
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/05/21/timeline-crimes-muskegon-county/84705140/

I am not usually a believer in psychics- but I remember way back in the beginning a psychic made the top sketch, and I seem to recall him/her saying she would be found by a body of water... ( I am local and have been following Jessicas case since day 1) The sketch is Oh My God identical. They could have been drawing Willis standing in front of them! Does anyone else remember what the psychic said? It was way back in the beginning...

The problem with psychics is even when they get something right - and she DID with that sketch (amazing!) - it's buried in a ton of wrong information. I've read that forum before and read that thread and it's so full of crazy BS that' it's only in hindsight where you can see where someone had a "hit". Other than her sketch, it would be impossible for anyone to take the information presented and investigate it. I did see things mentioned that could truly be psychic impressions but would be useless. A couple of people mentioned "orchard" and Willis lived (before jail) in the Orchard View school district. The lady who did the sketch mentioned she was getting "Gustafson" and Orchard View elementary school used be called Gustafson elementary. (modsnip)

This sicko is what nightmares are made of.
God bless that very brave 16 year old girl if she hadn't of jumped of out of his thuck, I dread to think what he would of done to her and how much more misery he could of caused to future victims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1996 Angela's Disappearance

"At the time, police were looking for a serial killer who they believed had murdered at least 10 young women in the Grand Rapids area, but investigators in Muskegon determined Angela’s death was not related."

I like the fact they are turning over every rock looking at possible connections to this . I have reviewed the last 2 pages since I came back to this thread and cannot locate a link to a press conference or media article directly quoting the under Sheriff statement saying they have found evidence that links him to Jessica's disappearance. If I have overlooked it, please call me out and provide a link. I am praying this family gets some closure and this guy goes away for good.

"Muskegon County Undersheriff Daniel Stout*said the evidence seized makes Willis a suspect in Heeringa’s disappearance and Bletsch’s homicide, but he would not*reveal*specifically*what investigators found that led them to that conclusion."

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc.../?hootPostID=abc2c4f072a29bc752096a39aa6beb08

(Marking my spot so I don't forget to reply to some posts re the van, can't do it now (note to self: NOCO and black spots/rust spots not seen in surveillance and Task Force's comments on this)).

Please do not bring over or discuss comments seen on news articles or SM sites. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee